Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bret Pitman keen on a return? 10:44 - Aug 3 with 10086 viewsSwailsey

Yes please.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Bret Pitman keen on a return? (n/t) on 11:14 - Aug 3 with 3353 viewsN2_Blue

Bret Pitman keen on a return? on 10:49 - Aug 3 by itfcjoe

No thanks.

Agreed. No thanks.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2020 11:15]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Bret Pitman keen on a return? on 11:17 - Aug 3 with 3337 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

No thanks, good finisher, he can’t run.

No surprise he’s ‘keen’ on a return. He without a club and got no contract. No thanks.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Do you think anyone's a likely prospect.....? on 11:23 - Aug 3 with 3313 viewsBloots

Bret Pitman keen on a return? on 11:13 - Aug 3 by PhilTWTD

While I've heard he'd be up for it, I don't think it's a likely prospect.

....other than Will Keane, obviously.

Around half of the Division 3 clubs have made additions so far, assume we are going to be very quiet or at best very late.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Bret Pitman keen on a return? on 11:23 - Aug 3 with 3304 viewsParky

Thank fùck for that.
Bret Pitman keen on a return? on 11:23 - Aug 3 with 3302 viewstractorboy1978

We need to be trying to get someone on the way up not the way down.
Do you think anyone's a likely prospect.....? on 11:31 - Aug 3 with 3289 viewsPhilTWTD

Do you think anyone's a likely prospect.....? on 11:23 - Aug 3 by Bloots

....other than Will Keane, obviously.

Around half of the Division 3 clubs have made additions so far, assume we are going to be very quiet or at best very late.

I think we were probably keen on Charlie Wyke but Sunderland have said he's not going anywhere. Other than that, not heard any names which seem likely.
Bret Pitman keen on a return? on 12:06 - Aug 3 with 3223 viewsJammyDodgerrr

No thanks, not done as great as expected at Portsmouth and not liked. Don't see what he would add.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Bret Pitman keen on a return? on 12:07 - Aug 3 with 3215 viewsGarv

Surprising to learn he's keen, any ideas why? Liked the area? Not as if he was a fan favourite.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

Bret Pitman keen on a return? on 12:15 - Aug 3 with 3184 viewsBlueBadger

He's basically Will Keane, minus the injuries.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Bret Pitman keen on a return? on 12:19 - Aug 3 with 3179 viewslongtimefan

Bret Pitman keen on a return? on 12:07 - Aug 3 by Garv

Surprising to learn he's keen, any ideas why? Liked the area? Not as if he was a fan favourite.

I suspect he’s just keen on finding anyone who’ll pay him and probably thinks we’ll pay more than the average League 1 salary. Personally I’d leave well alone. He was a good in front of goal, but really didn’t offer much else. He liked to moan at everyone else but I think this was just a cover for the inadequacies of his own game.
Bret Pitman keen on a return? on 12:21 - Aug 3 with 3174 viewslongtimefan

Bret Pitman keen on a return? on 12:15 - Aug 3 by BlueBadger

He's basically Will Keane, minus the injuries.

Better finisher but less all round game.
Bret Pitman keen on a return? on 12:30 - Aug 3 with 3150 viewsJimmyJazz

Bret Pitman keen on a return? on 10:57 - Aug 3 by Libero

37 goals in 84 appearances for Portsmouth since he left us, all in this division...

He was their penalty taker, which would have boosted his figures.

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Bret Pitman keen on a return? on 12:32 - Aug 3 with 3147 viewsGarv

Bret Pitman keen on a return? on 12:19 - Aug 3 by longtimefan

I suspect he’s just keen on finding anyone who’ll pay him and probably thinks we’ll pay more than the average League 1 salary. Personally I’d leave well alone. He was a good in front of goal, but really didn’t offer much else. He liked to moan at everyone else but I think this was just a cover for the inadequacies of his own game.

On the contrary I think he had a lot more in his locker but was never in the right team. I don't blame him for being frustrated with the service he got a lot of the time. No idea what he's like as a bloke, everyone seems to think he's an arsehole.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Bret Pitman keen on a return? on 12:41 - Aug 3 with 3123 viewsLibero

Bret Pitman keen on a return? on 12:30 - Aug 3 by JimmyJazz

True, not got the break down, but also worth mentioning that he was often a bit part or impact player too.
Bret Pitman keen on a return? on 12:50 - Aug 3 with 3101 viewsBlueBadger

Bret Pitman keen on a return? on 11:23 - Aug 3 by tractorboy1978

We need to be trying to get someone on the way up not the way down.

A philosophy we should have kept applying to our managers and not getting cold feet when Hurst turned out to be a busted flush.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Bret Pitman keen on a return? on 12:54 - Aug 3 with 3088 viewsBlueBadger

Bret Pitman keen on a return? on 10:50 - Aug 3 by portmanking

Ditto.

A) Not the kind of striker we need
B) Led to believe he was a rather unlikeable character in the dressing room

All jokes aside, a striker who can actually finish would actually be useful, right now.
I could see him getting a few if paired with Norwood, if he could get back to his early-season form.

Bret Pitman keen on a return? on 13:16 - Aug 3 with 3049 viewsHerbivore

It's a no from me. He's not the kind of striker we need and is past his best. The fact he was behind Harrison at Pompey last season and has now been let go speaks volumes. I actually quite liked Pitman as a player, he was a better footballer than many give him credit for and largely played as a 10 at Bournemouth from memory, but he's not what we need at all.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Bret Pitman keen on a return? on 13:35 - Aug 3 with 3022 viewsBlueBadger

Bret Pitman keen on a return? on 12:30 - Aug 3 by JimmyJazz

It's been a long while since we've had the old 'penalties don't count' gambit.

Bret Pitman keen on a return? on 13:41 - Aug 3 with 3005 viewscatch74

Bret Pitman keen on a return? on 10:49 - Aug 3 by Swansea_Blue

Bottom of Phil's article about Dundee looking at Norwood and Toto.

Says he's intersted in a return.

I know it's not building for the future, but if letting Norwood go would also swing the Toto deal and we could get Pitman back for a year as a replacement for Norwood, that'd do me.

Feel it would be for salary rather than job satisfaction.
ME needs to ask some probing interview questions.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Bret Pitman keen on a return? on 13:42 - Aug 3 with 3005 viewsPhilTWTD

Bret Pitman keen on a return? on 12:07 - Aug 3 by Garv

Not sure, assume he has friends in the squad still and would obviously like to continue playing with one of the bigger League One clubs.
Bret Pitman keen on a return? on 13:43 - Aug 3 with 2997 viewsHerbivore

Bret Pitman keen on a return? on 13:42 - Aug 3 by PhilTWTD

Not sure, assume he has friends in the squad still and would obviously like to continue playing with one of the bigger League One clubs.

That last point doesn't explain why he'd want to join us.

Bret Pitman keen on a return? on 13:47 - Aug 3 with 2992 viewsEnigma_Blue

Bret Pitman keen on a return? on 11:03 - Aug 3 by Libero

Poor Jonas, had zero footballing intelligence.

Reminded me of when you need to make up the numbers for a Sunday game so you grab a mate that you know is physically fit but hasn't played much football in his life.

That season he somehow got a bunch of assists gave people a great shield to defend him with, but he was a god awful footballer.

I love the way people exaggerate when they don't rate a player.

'zero football intelligence'
'a god awful footballer'

For a minute there I thought you were describing Gus Uhlenbeek or Frank Nouble.

He may not have been the best player we have ever had at the club but he was better than what you are giving him credit for and he always gave 100% commitment.

If he was a god awful footballer with zero football intelligence as you say there is no way he would have won international caps. Denmark may not be the strongest footballing nation but it's not like they are San Marino or Liechenstein either.

Oh and as far as Pitman goes it is a yes from me. As a back up striker though rather than first choice.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2020 13:48]
Bret Pitman keen on a return? on 13:56 - Aug 3 with 2978 viewsLibero

Bret Pitman keen on a return? on 13:47 - Aug 3 by Enigma_Blue

I love the way people exaggerate when they don't rate a player.

'zero football intelligence'
'a god awful footballer'

For a minute there I thought you were describing Gus Uhlenbeek or Frank Nouble.

He may not have been the best player we have ever had at the club but he was better than what you are giving him credit for and he always gave 100% commitment.

If he was a god awful footballer with zero football intelligence as you say there is no way he would have won international caps. Denmark may not be the strongest footballing nation but it's not like they are San Marino or Liechenstein either.

Oh and as far as Pitman goes it is a yes from me. As a back up striker though rather than first choice.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2020 13:48]

You might think I'm exaggerating but sincerely Jonas showed an incredible lack of footballing intelligence for a player that has played to the level he has achieved.

When I said "god awful footballer" I mean it in terms of technical ability, yes there's a bit of hyperbole in there, but you get me, I think he's crap. Ineffective. weak. poor. etc.

Conversely Frank Nouble is a player who despite having very poor technical ability I actually rate, his work rate, strength, athleticism and footballing intelligence is strong! He brings a value that not many players can bring, I'd welcome him back here as a bit part player with open arms, very useful battering ram to bring off the bench or play against full backs that really struggle against a physical challenge.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2020 14:03]
Bret Pitman keen on a return? on 14:02 - Aug 3 with 2957 viewsHerbivore

Bret Pitman keen on a return? on 13:56 - Aug 3 by Libero

You might think I'm exaggerating but sincerely Jonas showed an incredible lack of footballing intelligence for a player that has played to the level he has achieved.

When I said "god awful footballer" I mean it in terms of technical ability, yes there's a bit of hyperbole in there, but you get me, I think he's crap. Ineffective. weak. poor. etc.

Conversely Frank Nouble is a player who despite having very poor technical ability I actually rate, his work rate, strength, athleticism and footballing intelligence is strong! He brings a value that not many players can bring, I'd welcome him back here as a bit part player with open arms, very useful battering ram to bring off the bench or play against full backs that really struggle against a physical challenge.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2020 14:03]

WTF???

Bret Pitman keen on a return? on 14:05 - Aug 3 with 2942 viewsBluefish

Bret Pitman keen on a return? on 14:02 - Aug 3 by Herbivore

WTF???

Can't be a real account can it? We shouldnhave picked this up before after the Mcgoldrick nonsense

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024