Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Danny Graham 13:48 - Aug 10 with 5914 viewsitfcjoe

Andy Warren on today's podcast seems to thinks serious talks last week, but unlikely to happen for a number of reasons most notably him wanting to go back to north East

Also Garbutt unlikely to happen, but think we all knew that anyway

EDIT - He also thinks Remi Matthews is going to Sunderland, is no longer training with us
[Post edited 10 Aug 2020 13:53]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Danny Graham on 13:50 - Aug 10 with 5025 viewsJ2BLUE

Has the North East moved within the last week? I hope we didn't spend too long on someone using us as a back up plan.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Danny Graham on 13:53 - Aug 10 with 4981 viewsitfcjoe

Danny Graham on 13:50 - Aug 10 by J2BLUE

Has the North East moved within the last week? I hope we didn't spend too long on someone using us as a back up plan.

Balls are juggled and plates spun all the time - we'll be working on all our targets and Plans A, B and C concurrently
[Post edited 10 Aug 2020 13:54]

Danny Graham on 14:06 - Aug 10 with 4864 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I’m not surprised Garbutt and Matthews won’t wouldn’t be coming here.

Both far too young for us.

#ForTheFuture

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Danny Graham on 14:10 - Aug 10 with 4843 viewsKieran_Knows

Only we could have a half decent keeper in Matthews training with us, living on our doorstep, only for him to leave and join a club at the other end of the country.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Danny Graham on 14:11 - Aug 10 with 4830 viewsChrisd

If Sunderland are wanting Matthews as their No.1, you can see why that would be more appealing than staying here.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Danny Graham on 14:15 - Aug 10 with 4794 viewshadleighboyblue

Danny Graham on 13:50 - Aug 10 by J2BLUE

Our scouting efforts seem very poor , do we ever look abroad ?

W seem to rely on agents dumping their clients on us rather than actually go looking too hard .

Plenty of decent players abroad .

PHIL.....who actually does our scouting these days , could we maybe use the experience of people like Bryan Hamilton , Dyer etc to unearth some gems , rather than lost souls at the end of their careers looking for a year more
Danny Graham on 14:24 - Aug 10 with 4699 viewsStenvict

Danny Graham on 14:15 - Aug 10 by hadleighboyblue

W seem to rely on agents dumping their clients on us rather than actually go looking too hard .

PHIL.....who actually does our scouting these days , could we maybe use the experience of people like Bryan Hamilton , Dyer etc to unearth some gems , rather than lost souls at the end of their careers looking for a year more

Exactly this.

We should be scouting the French 2nd division looking for some hidden gems. We need flair players. Look at some of the players that have come from that league in recent years; Mahrez, Kante (albeit he got promoted with them), Benrahma

We've already got enough experience in the side.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Danny Graham on 14:29 - Aug 10 with 4663 viewsWallingford_Boy

Trouble is there is soooooooooooo much competition these days, than back in the day.

Clubs will have full time scouts, but also have loads of others who attend matches and "keep an eye out" who are paid on an ad-hoc basis, or IF they find anyone that a club signs.

Certainly within the UK, if there is someone out there at any age that is half decent, everyone team in the land will know about them.

So yes, the value is overseas, but could we really afford scouts watching every league in Europe? Or even part-timers?

I say invest in the academy and we produce our own!

RIP Sir Bobby

Login to get fewer ads

Danny Graham on 14:30 - Aug 10 with 4666 viewsitfcjoe

Danny Graham on 14:10 - Aug 10 by Kieran_Knows

Only we could have a half decent keeper in Matthews training with us, living on our doorstep, only for him to leave and join a club at the other end of the country.

Yep - strange circumstances in that we have a number 1 here to compete with whereas Sunderland don't, plus it is for a former manager as well as Parky had him at Bolton.

Good kepper, but for me a second senior keeper of that age causes more harm than good, you wither go with the youngsters or sign an older back up who will be a safe pair of hands if anything were to happen to Holy

Danny Graham on 14:32 - Aug 10 with 4630 viewshype313

Danny Graham on 14:30 - Aug 10 by itfcjoe

Yep - strange circumstances in that we have a number 1 here to compete with whereas Sunderland don't, plus it is for a former manager as well as Parky had him at Bolton.

Good kepper, but for me a second senior keeper of that age causes more harm than good, you wither go with the youngsters or sign an older back up who will be a safe pair of hands if anything were to happen to Holy

What are your thoughts on Harry Joe, ready to stake his claim as a number two? Do you think he could handle being thrown in should Holy suffer an Injury?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Danny Graham on 14:36 - Aug 10 with 4599 viewsPhilTWTD

Danny Graham on 14:30 - Aug 10 by itfcjoe

Matthews only asked to train here while he found another club, think his wage expectations were always viewed as prohibitive - even more so given the salary cap limits - and he had hopes of getting a Championship club, whether that's something he's given up on I'm not sure. Obviously we've seen players in similar positions before who then don't find a club at the level they want and end up signing, which I think was a possible scenario in this case.
Danny Graham on 14:40 - Aug 10 with 4539 viewsitfcjoe

Danny Graham on 14:32 - Aug 10 by hype313

What are your thoughts on Harry Joe, ready to stake his claim as a number two? Do you think he could handle being thrown in should Holy suffer an Injury?

Personally, i think he's miles off - and that Przybek should be ahead of him; I would be concerned

He missed all of last season - very good shot stopper, very good distribution - but physically he'll get murdered in this league. Just simply isn't big enough for me - if you stood him next to Andre Dozzell that is about his height and build

Danny Graham on 14:53 - Aug 10 with 4427 viewsPhilTWTD

Danny Graham on 14:24 - Aug 10 by Stenvict

Exactly this.

We should be scouting the French 2nd division looking for some hidden gems. We need flair players. Look at some of the players that have come from that league in recent years; Mahrez, Kante (albeit he got promoted with them), Benrahma

Steve McGavin set us up some links in France when he was the academy scout, hence we signed Idris and one or two others as scholars and Chris Goteni who played for the U23s but that doesn't seem to have been maintained subsequently.
Danny Graham on 14:54 - Aug 10 with 4417 viewsPhilTWTD

They rejuvenated the scouting set-up last year:

O'Neill: We've Restructured Our Recruitment 17th Dec 2019 16:10
Town general manager of football operations Lee O’Neill has revealed that the club refreshed its scouting set-up over the summer as part of wider restructuring, which also included redundancies following relegation from the Championship. 6

Danny Graham on 15:28 - Aug 10 with 4237 viewsBrixtonBlue

Danny Graham on 14:54 - Aug 10 by PhilTWTD

They rejuvenated the scouting set-up last year:

O'Neill: We've Restructured Our Recruitment 17th Dec 2019 16:10
Town general manager of football operations Lee O’Neill has revealed that the club refreshed its scouting set-up over the summer as part of wider restructuring, which also included redundancies following relegation from the Championship. 6

Doesn't sound like it was "rejuvenated." Sounds more like it was "downsized."

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Danny Graham on 15:37 - Aug 10 with 4191 viewsHerbivore

Danny Graham on 14:24 - Aug 10 by Stenvict

Exactly this.

Those players wound up in the Prem or Championship though. Not sure we're such an attraction after finishing 11th in the third division. That's before getting into the fees being beyond us.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Danny Graham on 20:26 - Aug 10 with 3827 viewsradiogaga

Danny Graham on 14:40 - Aug 10 by itfcjoe

Personally, i think he's miles off - and that Przybek should be ahead of him; I would be concerned

He missed all of last season - very good shot stopper, very good distribution - but physically he'll get murdered in this league. Just simply isn't big enough for me - if you stood him next to Andre Dozzell that is about his height and build

I went to the Peterborough EFL Cup game last year and Przybek did pretty much all he could have done that night. Nothing much he could have done about the goal, handling/ shot stopping/ kicking were all okay and made 2 good penalty saves in the shoot out. There are always question marks over having back up keepers who have little or no experience of handling proper first team football. Generally they go one way or the other.

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

Danny Graham on 20:31 - Aug 10 with 3793 viewsPhilTWTD

Danny Graham on 15:28 - Aug 10 by BrixtonBlue

Doesn't sound like it was "rejuvenated." Sounds more like it was "downsized."

From what I remember they were talking about it being upsized.
Danny Graham on 20:51 - Aug 10 with 3703 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Danny Graham on 20:31 - Aug 10 by PhilTWTD

From what I remember they were talking about it being upsized.

They don’t half talk a good game though this club, they’ve good track record of talking the talk, rarely ever walking the walk.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Danny Graham on 21:15 - Aug 10 with 3615 viewsArnieM

Well if Graham “wants to go back to the NE”, it’s dead in the water isn’t it .

Not sure why these players consider Sunderland to be a bigger club if more likely to get promoted than us. How long have they been in League one now ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Danny Graham on 21:23 - Aug 10 with 3584 viewsHerbivore

Danny Graham on 21:15 - Aug 10 by ArnieM

Well if Graham “wants to go back to the NE”, it’s dead in the water isn’t it .

Not sure why these players consider Sunderland to be a bigger club if more likely to get promoted than us. How long have they been in League one now ?

One year longer than us. And they are a bigger club than us.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Danny Graham on 22:43 - Aug 10 with 3401 viewsrgp1

Danny Graham on 15:37 - Aug 10 by Herbivore

Those players wound up in the Prem or Championship though. Not sure we're such an attraction after finishing 11th in the third division. That's before getting into the fees being beyond us.

As Del Boy once said in Only Fools And Horses we'll probably get offered Lionel Blair and a celebrity dog act!
Danny Graham on 23:01 - Aug 10 with 3336 viewsBluefish

Danny Graham on 14:11 - Aug 10 by Chrisd

If Sunderland are wanting Matthews as their No.1, you can see why that would be more appealing than staying here.

But he could stay here and share the job and keep his place when playing badly and get dropped when playing. Keeping them on their toes.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Danny Graham on 23:10 - Aug 10 with 3303 viewspointofblue

Danny Graham on 13:53 - Aug 10 by itfcjoe

Balls are juggled and plates spun all the time - we'll be working on all our targets and Plans A, B and C concurrently
[Post edited 10 Aug 2020 13:54]

We always seem so slow in the transfer market. If we have targets we take our time in signing them, if we manage it at all.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Danny Graham on 08:28 - Aug 11 with 3001 viewsitfcjoe

Danny Graham on 23:10 - Aug 10 by pointofblue

We always seem so slow in the transfer market. If we have targets we take our time in signing them, if we manage it at all.

I think this is a bit of a myth, all our signings bar KVY were in early last year ahead of the pre season tour, the January before that they were all in early

Most business gets done at the end of windows for all clubs

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024