Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... 22:09 - Sep 3 with 3214 viewsReuser_is_God

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 22:13 - Sep 3 with 3121 viewsSitfcB

Sad en

After reading that ‘normal’ seems so far away...

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 22:16 - Sep 3 with 3095 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 22:13 - Sep 3 by SitfcB

Sad en

After reading that ‘normal’ seems so far away...

I would be surprised to see no restrictions on supporters until there is a vaccine, which is at best going to be early 2021.

It's good that some will have the opportunity to go, but I wouldn't want to be a steward trying to enforce rules, particularly keeping people in at the end of games

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 22:17 - Sep 3 with 3094 viewsFunge

that linked itfc.co.uk article - thats the only photo I've ever seen of Towun fans at Carrot Rd, where someone isn't pulling the w@nker sign.
No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 22:25 - Sep 3 with 3026 viewsSitfcB

No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 22:17 - Sep 3 by Funge

that linked itfc.co.uk article - thats the only photo I've ever seen of Towun fans at Carrot Rd, where someone isn't pulling the w@nker sign.

There is a good ole two finger salute though.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 22:28 - Sep 3 with 3011 viewstextbackup

That sounds absolutely terrible. Not the clubs fault (this time) but I don’t think I’ll even consider trying to get a tik until it’s normal
(Or we get to a playoff final etc)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 22:30 - Sep 3 with 2989 viewsReuser_is_God

No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 22:28 - Sep 3 by textbackup

That sounds absolutely terrible. Not the clubs fault (this time) but I don’t think I’ll even consider trying to get a tik until it’s normal

No, I won’t be going whilst it’s like this either.

Evans out

No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 22:38 - Sep 3 with 2934 viewstextbackup

No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 22:30 - Sep 3 by Reuser_is_God

Allocated time slots ffs

Could book an afternoon off work to turn up with a slight temp, non covid related, and not get in

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 22:49 - Sep 3 with 2848 viewsDebsyAngel

No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 22:30 - Sep 3 by Reuser_is_God

Me neither - it's too risky and since I have to get a bus to the match, I am not allowed. I just hope the IFollow option to watch the games will be there until a full capacity is allowed, and a vaccine. I would not enjoy it with all these restrictions at all.
Login to get fewer ads

No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 22:54 - Sep 3 with 2812 viewsMelford

No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 22:28 - Sep 3 by textbackup

Thing is, football is all about being in a big crowd close to people. When you're all crammed in on the train, then you go to the pub where it's absolutely rammed, then there's everybody swarming around the food counters to get a pie and the queue for the bogs, when we score everybody is jumping around and bumping into each other then afterwards everybody goes to packed pubs or goes home on packed trains. That's all out the window for the foreseeable..

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 23:01 - Sep 3 with 2777 viewsEastTownBlue

No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 22:38 - Sep 3 by textbackup

Allocated time slots ffs

Could book an afternoon off work to turn up with a slight temp, non covid related, and not get in

Told when to turn up and when you can leave. It could be a long afternoon in the ground and that is before considering the football on display.
No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 23:12 - Sep 3 with 2709 viewsLankHenners

Football as we knew it is probably a helluva way off so this is likely as good as it gets for a while. Will probably go to start with to see what it's like and to get some return on investment on the ST but will be a weird one.

Be interesting to see how they handle a mass walk out when Crewe stick the 3rd in with 10 remaining.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 23:22 - Sep 3 with 2645 viewsBergholt_Blue

This isn't going to end well so yet again season ticket holders will be treated like sh1te by being put in a ballot system so won't be able to go every week so will we be getting money back on games we aren't picked

Poll: Will you be renewing your season ticket

No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 23:31 - Sep 3 with 2603 viewsFixed_It

No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 23:22 - Sep 3 by Bergholt_Blue

This isn't going to end well so yet again season ticket holders will be treated like sh1te by being put in a ballot system so won't be able to go every week so will we be getting money back on games we aren't picked

And who are you blaming for this?!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 23:44 - Sep 3 with 2548 viewsSarge

No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 23:31 - Sep 3 by Fixed_It

And who are you blaming for this?!

Are we allowed to say a global overreaction to a virus?
No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 23:48 - Sep 3 with 2536 viewsBlueBadger

No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 23:44 - Sep 3 by Sarge

Are we allowed to say a global overreaction to a virus?

You can, but you'll make yourself look like a tw@t.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 00:06 - Sep 4 with 2478 viewsGarv

No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 22:54 - Sep 3 by Melford

Thing is, football is all about being in a big crowd close to people. When you're all crammed in on the train, then you go to the pub where it's absolutely rammed, then there's everybody swarming around the food counters to get a pie and the queue for the bogs, when we score everybody is jumping around and bumping into each other then afterwards everybody goes to packed pubs or goes home on packed trains. That's all out the window for the foreseeable..

Something tells me a lot of that sort of thing will still happen. In fact it will, there's no doubt about it. The club can only do so much, but while out of the ground people will do what they want.

From what I've seen, once you're in a restaurant or pub now, it all goes out the window.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 07:40 - Sep 4 with 2149 viewsitfcjoe

There are some Covid stadium and H&S consultants getting paid exorbitant amount of monies to come up with these plans that are so OTT

It's like letting a health and safety consultant loose on a building site - you'd never get the job done

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 07:56 - Sep 4 with 2058 viewsHerbivore

No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 23:22 - Sep 3 by Bergholt_Blue

No, you'll get iFollow for the matches you don't attend live. I suspect a lot of ST holders might opt out initially anyway given all the restrictions. Not sure I'd be up for it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 08:24 - Sep 4 with 1973 viewsSteve_M

Train journey wearing a facemask (or rail replacement bus), reduced pub time to get in early, having to wait around to get out of the ground meaning probably missing the first train back.

It look utterly sh1t and I don't think I'll be bothering any time soon either.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 09:14 - Sep 4 with 1848 viewsReuser_is_God

No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 08:24 - Sep 4 by Steve_M

Train journey wearing a facemask (or rail replacement bus), reduced pub time to get in early, having to wait around to get out of the ground meaning probably missing the first train back.

Yeah it seems utterly pointless for any Londoners.

Evans out

No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 09:23 - Sep 4 with 1816 viewsIpswichKnight

Hope they will be a bit flexible with arrival times those of us who are coming from over a 100 miles away and driving are at the mercy of such lovely roads like the M25 ( especially around Heathrow or Dartford ). No point trying to get to Evening games unless I take 1/2 day from work.
No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 09:24 - Sep 4 with 1810 viewsstrikalite

No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 08:24 - Sep 4 by Steve_M

Probably better giving the tickets to local postcodes because for people travelling from distance by any means at all with a given time slot will find this really difficult...
No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 10:05 - Sep 4 with 1707 viewsBlueBadger

No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 09:14 - Sep 4 by Reuser_is_God

Yeah it seems utterly pointless for any Londoners.

To be fair, our performances over the past 2 years make it seem pretty pointless for people coming from IP2 a lot of the time...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 10:08 - Sep 4 with 1688 viewsKieran_Knows

I knew it was going to be like this, but I won't be returning for the time being. Like a mug I've got my ST for this season and I can't for the life of me think why.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 10:22 - Sep 4 with 1641 viewsHerbivore

No surprises but this is such a depressing read.... on 10:08 - Sep 4 by Kieran_Knows

I knew it was going to be like this, but I won't be returning for the time being. Like a mug I've got my ST for this season and I can't for the life of me think why.

You're a decent, charitable guy?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024