Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holiday was cancelled last night.... 11:59 - Sep 18 with 7822 viewsitfcjoe

...was due to be heading to Madeira at the end of December for a couple of weeks.

This was all booked well before this was even a thing, and have been waiting for it to be cancelled and to tell the truth am quite relived how early it has been.

In-Laws still want to go, we no longer are - I think it's mad, they are effectively booking a new holiday now for December as the old one is gone - travel insurances must struggle with this etc and I just can't afford to risk going into quarantine - plus thought of travelling with all the restrictions with 2 young kids wasn't much fun.

Am due to be going to Center Parcs in November, was previously booked for May and we put it back - but are going with friends and there will be 8 of us so we can't go - plus facilities are reduced as it is which will make things really inconvenient so that will be cancelled as well.

Have a caravan in Great Yarmouth booked in a few weeks - don't think any facilities there so shouldn't shut......looking forward to getting away!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 13:31 - Sep 18 with 2754 viewshype313

Alright Judith Chalmers

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 13:33 - Sep 18 with 2750 viewsitfcjoe

Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 13:31 - Sep 18 by hype313

Alright Judith Chalmers

Look forward to the next series of Wish You Were Here when I set the tent up in my garden

Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 13:35 - Sep 18 with 2745 viewshype313

Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 13:33 - Sep 18 by itfcjoe

Look forward to the next series of Wish You Were Here when I set the tent up in my garden

As long as there is no more than 6, sounds idylic.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 14:08 - Sep 18 with 2711 viewsvapour_trail

Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 12:21 - Sep 18 by JakeITFC

It's a shame that there is so much uncertainty because travelling right now is actually quite enjoyable - empty airports, flights on time and well under capacity, the hotel I stayed in was also really under subscribed and therefore very relaxed.

Yeah we got over to Europe in Aug, was the most hassle free flight I’ve done since having kids along for the ride. So pleased to have done it and given everyone the chance to reboot.

I wouldn’t be booking anything into the future at the moment but not averse to just grabbing something last minute either.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 14:16 - Sep 18 with 2710 viewsBrixtonBlue

Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 12:20 - Sep 18 by TractorWood

I went to the lakes last week and stayed just north of Keswick. Got up Scafell Pike and Skiddaw. Went for a cycle and burned the legs up Whinlatter pass. Awesome time.

Restaurants were booked and rammed everywhere but there was loads of Covid measures in place. Suffolk is very lax by comparison.

You were north-west of us (we were near Milnthorpe, south of Kendal, and then Kendal for one night as we decided to stay one extra). Mostly walking - Aira Force was good (waterfall Wordsworth wrote 3 poems about, plus we went to where he wrote his famous daffodils one even though there aren't any this time of year!)

We got in a hotel restaurant without booking but in Kendal we had a two hour wait for a table in a Thai place. Like you say, excellent Covid measures (big plastic screens dividing tables, masks on when not sat at table etc.)

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 16:47 - Sep 18 with 2644 viewsgardins01

Sending this message from Rhodes. Arrived Wednesday on a TUI flight which was full. Everyone wearing face masks. We have to wear masks in the restaurant but that’s it’s. Hotel is pretty much full. I went to Jersey a few weeks ago on an EasyJet flight and again it was full and no issues.
Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 17:11 - Sep 18 with 2628 viewsBent_double

Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 13:23 - Sep 18 by itfcjoe

I'm not worried about Yarmouth - I like it around there and more importantly the kids do and whilst it is only an hour up the road that can be far enough sometimes as convenient for getting to and from! If Portman Road is open I'll even nip back for the scheduled ITFC match without it being any bother

No problems here in Yarmouth - perhaps surprisingly considering the amount of tourists that have been here over the summer. Everything's open at the moment - no leisure center/swimming pool of course as it's been demolished to make way for a new one, but if you're in one of the holiday parks they should have one that's open.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 19:07 - Sep 18 with 2593 views26_Paz

Was supposed to be going to octoberfest next weekend. Obviously the event is cancelled but was still planning on going for a weekend in the beer halls. BA cancelled my flight and didn’t even bother telling me. I only found out when I logged in today to enter passport details. At least should get the money back, will book something else later this year.

The Paz Man

Login to get fewer ads

Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 19:15 - Sep 18 with 2594 viewsBrixtonBlue

Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 19:07 - Sep 18 by 26_Paz

Was supposed to be going to octoberfest next weekend. Obviously the event is cancelled but was still planning on going for a weekend in the beer halls. BA cancelled my flight and didn’t even bother telling me. I only found out when I logged in today to enter passport details. At least should get the money back, will book something else later this year.

Pretty shoddy they didn't tell you. I know we're in difficult times, but an email to every passenger shouldn't be too difficult.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 19:25 - Sep 18 with 2594 viewsBrixtonBlue

Meant to add to my post earlier that it's sad to hear this for you Joe as I know your kids are pretty young (I seem to remember you mentioning the births unless I'm thinking of someone else) and it's obviously pretty rubbish you can't take them abroad to experience new cultures. One of my earliest memories is going to Spain with my parents when I was about 6 and everything is magical at that age.

Just had a cancellation from a mate who was coming to stay with us, who I haven't seen for ages and who hasn't met my missus yet even though we've been dating a year and 8 months, and living together for 6, because of the latest news about a second wave (which I hadn't seen until just now).

Workwise it's been great for me, but in every other aspect (football, seeing mates, holidays) it's been pretty rubbish, and just when you think things are improving it all goes tits up again. Such weird times. Hoping y'all (and everyone reading this) stay safe.

Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 19:29 - Sep 18 with 2591 viewsitfcjoe

Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 17:11 - Sep 18 by Bent_double

No problems here in Yarmouth - perhaps surprisingly considering the amount of tourists that have been here over the summer. Everything's open at the moment - no leisure center/swimming pool of course as it's been demolished to make way for a new one, but if you're in one of the holiday parks they should have one that's open.

We are at Wild Duck which has a pool, also out gym has a branch that side of Norwich so can go there as well and a nice pool there - looking forward to the break!

Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 19:33 - Sep 18 with 2587 viewsitfcjoe

Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 19:25 - Sep 18 by BrixtonBlue

Meant to add to my post earlier that it's sad to hear this for you Joe as I know your kids are pretty young (I seem to remember you mentioning the births unless I'm thinking of someone else) and it's obviously pretty rubbish you can't take them abroad to experience new cultures. One of my earliest memories is going to Spain with my parents when I was about 6 and everything is magical at that age.

Just had a cancellation from a mate who was coming to stay with us, who I haven't seen for ages and who hasn't met my missus yet even though we've been dating a year and 8 months, and living together for 6, because of the latest news about a second wave (which I hadn't seen until just now).

Workwise it's been great for me, but in every other aspect (football, seeing mates, holidays) it's been pretty rubbish, and just when you think things are improving it all goes tits up again. Such weird times. Hoping y'all (and everyone reading this) stay safe.

Cheers Dolly - they will be 4 and 2 next month so growing up quickly - a shame that we may struggle to get a big holiday in before my eldest starts school - but that’s very much a first world problem!

We have a place we have been to in Cyprus 3 times, not our place as it reads like that but somewhere we are comfortable going! We’d like to go back there but had elected not to go abroad this year due to their ages and a 3 and 1 year old walking is a handful, which had been a touch when all this happened.....we’d assumed it would have cleared up for December as had an extra pair of hands with us.

But most stuff has been fine through lockdown, have enjoyed all the extra family time especially and exploring the local area more - but work has become tough in the last few week as it catches up from the break......a tough few months ahead to turn it round

Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 20:01 - Sep 18 with 2569 views26_Paz

Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 19:15 - Sep 18 by BrixtonBlue

Pretty shoddy they didn't tell you. I know we're in difficult times, but an email to every passenger shouldn't be too difficult.

Yeah, shocking service but at least as the flights are cancelled I’ll get a refund so no harm done

The Paz Man

Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 20:05 - Sep 18 with 2568 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Sorry to hear that. We booked a hot tub lodge in Ely for November, seemed perfect and so remote no reason for them to cancel!

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 20:19 - Sep 18 with 2561 viewsReuser_is_God

Just got back from CP.

7 of us in a lodge & plenty of others doing the same - so long as you are respectful of social distancing around others not in your party & don’t make it obvious you’re a group of more than 6 I don’t really see the issue.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 20:48 - Sep 18 with 2539 viewsBluefish

Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 20:19 - Sep 18 by Reuser_is_God

Just got back from CP.

7 of us in a lodge & plenty of others doing the same - so long as you are respectful of social distancing around others not in your party & don’t make it obvious you’re a group of more than 6 I don’t really see the issue.

Is centre parcs outside of the law?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 20:54 - Sep 18 with 2526 views26_Paz

Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 20:48 - Sep 18 by Bluefish

Just tell them you’re all from the same household and the job will be a good ‘un

The Paz Man

Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 20:54 - Sep 18 with 2529 viewsEly_Blue

We had a holiday for June to the Dominican Republic cancelled and I was so glad that they cancelled as I really didn’t want to go during this pandemic.

Anyone who wants to travel at this time is being pretty irresponsible and I truly believe this is where half of the current problems come from.

Most popular tourist destination by far for UK tourists? Spain!

I’d say this doesn’t look too good
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/spain/

Now all those people who went to Spain in the last week or 2 of the school holidays and never quarantined on return, there is one of the reasons behind you current surge in UK cases!

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 20:55 - Sep 18 with 2526 viewsReuser_is_God

Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 20:48 - Sep 18 by Bluefish

They didn’t tell us we couldn’t go.

Evans out

Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 21:13 - Sep 18 with 2517 viewsCBBlue

Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 13:03 - Sep 18 by itfcjoe

I think I'd have a different attitude if I didn't have children - would happily travel with just my other half, or on my own, if living in a parallel universe.

But irresponsible for me to go with young kids, because you don't exactly have to think outside the box to see how badly that could all go.

Issue I have now is I have a week off in November and 2 at start of January but not ideal times to go away in the UK as short days and cold weather

A winter UK holiday can be lovely. Why not book a break in a luxury log cabin in a forest with central heating and a hot tub. Stock up on the hot chocolate and muled wine and spend the days walking in the forest etc and return to the cosy warm log cabin when it starts getting dark. And go stargazing if the evenings are clear.

Poll: School on Monday - are you sending in your R, Y1 or Y6 kids?

Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 21:18 - Sep 18 with 2513 viewsBrixtonBlue

Just got back from CP.

If you were in Crystal Palace you should have popped in to say hello.

Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 22:12 - Sep 18 with 2495 viewsitfcjoe

Just got back from CP.

We’ve been told have to supply details of who is there and bubble conditions will see it cancelled, also 4 under 4s so swimming times being set is a pain

Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 05:31 - Sep 19 with 2441 viewswitchdoctor

off to Olu Denis ..Turkey...next Sat...according to the local forums they have got things well sussed there ..regular temperature checks and on the spot fines ..nearly £100 ..for anyone walking around without a mask on...
Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 05:52 - Sep 19 with 2430 viewsloftboy

Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 12:09 - Sep 18 by ITFC_Forever

We postponed our holiday to Rhodes from August this year to next summer, and already we're wondering if it will happen.

I've also read that alot of places in the South-West are getting booked up for next summer.... seems there is a trend that people are already writing off foreign holidays for summer 2021.

I went to Rhodes in August, go every year, it was booked last year before the pandemic, booked direct with the hotel and separate flights, as the flights went ahead I wouldn’t have been able to cancel.
The Greeks are so much better than us at this, a smallish hotel had 6 rooms occupied, didn’t venture out but had an extremely social distanced 11 days by an empty pool.
Took some criticism from some quarters for going but having worked through this hell I was ready for my break.
I felt a lot safer there than I am In east London.
Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 07:18 - Sep 19 with 2413 viewsReuser_is_God

Holiday was cancelled last night.... on 22:12 - Sep 18 by itfcjoe

We’ve been told have to supply details of who is there and bubble conditions will see it cancelled, also 4 under 4s so swimming times being set is a pain

We didn’t have to provide details of bubbles etc, I guess as we were so close to the rule change they didn’t have time to implement.

Swimming was fine to be honest but we only had one 3 year old, can imagine it being tougher with 4!

Evans out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024