Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino 09:41 - Oct 1 with 3006 viewsOsborneOneNil

The 3 Liverpool lads play every single game. Don’t seem to have missed a game in 2 years. How is that possible when we can’t keep players fit for more than 3 games.

Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino on 09:57 - Oct 1 with 2498 viewspatrickswell

Money for recovery and fitness must play its part. It’s the only reason I can think of, best encapsulated by Andre Gomes suffering a broken/dislocated ankle for Everton and being fit again within 4 months, while this month might possibly/maybe/if the wind’s blowing in the right direction see Tristan Nydam return from a similar injury after 15 months out (and 4 months before Gomes suffered his).
Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino on 09:59 - Oct 1 with 2486 viewsKeno

those players obviously dont do the running around and stuff

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino on 10:01 - Oct 1 with 2481 viewsStokieBlue

Simply not true:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sadio-mane/verletzungen/spieler/200512

Some people are being ridiculous about these injuries. Injuries happen in a physical game, perhaps some players are more susceptible and perhaps some are just bad luck. The second category will tend to even out over the longer term of a players career.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino on 10:25 - Oct 1 with 2429 viewsWallingford_Boy

Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino on 10:01 - Oct 1 by StokieBlue

Simply not true:

Some people are being ridiculous about these injuries. Injuries happen in a physical game, perhaps some players are more susceptible and perhaps some are just bad luck. The second category will tend to even out over the longer term of a players career.

SB

He has missed the odd game here and there sure..

What annoys me is someone like Norwood comes back from a few months out, obviously way off the pace "oh he just needs to get match sharpness...." and month later "oh he's still recovering from a long time out, he'll get up to speed".

Harry Kane, out for a similar length of time, straight back into it, looks as sharp as ever.

Is it just a money thing? Do these players get significantly better treatment?

Morris, Norwood, KVY.... all return from injury only to pick up another injury. Is it really just bad luck?!
[Post edited 1 Oct 2020 10:27]

RIP Sir Bobby

Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino on 10:27 - Oct 1 with 2422 viewsSwansea_Blue

I think we need to test this hypothesis by having Mane, Salah, Firmino all on loan here for a year or two.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2020 10:31]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino on 10:29 - Oct 1 with 2402 viewsJammyDodgerrr

It could be something to do with the fact Liverpool will have hundreds of millions more than us to spend on better recovery related items, and protection for them. Just a hunch, though.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino on 10:29 - Oct 1 with 2400 viewsmarchy

Simply not true:

SB

Burying your head in the sand quite that deeply can lead to long-term back injuries FYI.
Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino on 10:35 - Oct 1 with 2372 viewsSimonds92

Simply not true:

SB

I think if anything that strengthens the point.. 29 games missed in 7 years.
Login to get fewer ads

Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino on 10:36 - Oct 1 with 2366 viewsStokieBlue

Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino on 10:29 - Oct 1 by marchy

Burying your head in the sand quite that deeply can lead to long-term back injuries FYI.

I didn't realise presenting evidence to show an initial claim as false was doing that but thanks for the warning.

There may be something wrong with our treatments but you would have thought that 3 successive managers might have spotted it?

Or alternatively we have either bad luck or players who aren't very robust. Not all humans are built the same.

SB

Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino on 10:36 - Oct 1 with 2365 viewsKeno

Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino on 10:27 - Oct 1 by Swansea_Blue

I think we need to test this hypothesis by having Mane, Salah, Firmino all on loan here for a year or two.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2020 10:31]

Knowing PRP he play then as Right Back, centre half and goalkeeper

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino on 10:38 - Oct 1 with 2358 viewsStokieBlue

Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino on 10:35 - Oct 1 by Simonds92

He said no games missed in 2 years but Mane missed 8 last season alone - that's 21% of premier league season so I don't think it strengthens his point at all.

29 games is 76% of a premier league season so you could say he's missed nearly an entire season in those 7 years.

That's not really valid though as the initial post was about the last 2 seasons.

SB
[Post edited 1 Oct 2020 10:39]

Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino on 10:43 - Oct 1 with 2324 viewsSimonds92

Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino on 10:38 - Oct 1 by StokieBlue

He said no games missed in 2 years but Mane missed 8 last season alone - that's 21% of premier league season so I don't think it strengthens his point at all.

29 games is 76% of a premier league season so you could say he's missed nearly an entire season in those 7 years.

That's not really valid though as the initial post was about the last 2 seasons.

SB

Are those stats just soley based on the Premier league or do they take in to account Caraboa cup, FA Cup, Champions League, Club World Cup, UEFA Super Cup?
He played 35 premier league games last season and 47 in total.
Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino on 10:43 - Oct 1 with 2323 viewsBlueBadger

Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino on 10:29 - Oct 1 by JammyDodgerrr

It could be something to do with the fact Liverpool will have hundreds of millions more than us to spend on better recovery related items, and protection for them. Just a hunch, though.

This doesn't explain how, for example, David McGoldrick or Adam Webster at similarly sized clubs to us have managed to stay fit.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino on 10:45 - Oct 1 with 2308 viewsStokieBlue

Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino on 10:43 - Oct 1 by Simonds92

Are those stats just soley based on the Premier league or do they take in to account Caraboa cup, FA Cup, Champions League, Club World Cup, UEFA Super Cup?
He played 35 premier league games last season and 47 in total.

I would assume it's all matches as you've pointed out.

Still significantly more than "none" though.

SB

Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino on 10:49 - Oct 1 with 2292 viewsArnieM

Poor conditioning , strengthening and training regimes are the problem at this Club.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino on 11:16 - Oct 1 with 2245 viewsWallingford_Boy

Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino on 10:45 - Oct 1 by StokieBlue

I would assume it's all matches as you've pointed out.

Still significantly more than "none" though.

SB

Love not hate x

RIP Sir Bobby

Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino on 11:21 - Oct 1 with 2236 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Some of our players are clearly not the most professional but then nor is the club.
Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino on 11:29 - Oct 1 with 2221 viewsN2_Blue

Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino on 10:25 - Oct 1 by Wallingford_Boy

What annoys me is someone like Norwood comes back from a few months out, obviously way off the pace "oh he just needs to get match sharpness...." and month later "oh he's still recovering from a long time out, he'll get up to speed".

Harry Kane, out for a similar length of time, straight back into it, looks as sharp as ever.

Morris, Norwood, KVY.... all return from injury only to pick up another injury. Is it really just bad luck?!

I think there is a massive difference between Kane and Norwood in terms of their professionalism. Kane clearly works hard where as Norwood seems to get incredibly unfit and overweight when injured. Not surprising players who return from injury overweight get other injuries as there are extra stresses on the body that weren't there before.

Whilst its unfortunate for Norwood I think his lack of professionalism hasn't helped him or us here....and frankly its unacceptable that a pro footballer lets himself get so out of condition.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2020 11:31]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino on 11:30 - Oct 1 with 2217 viewsSwansea_Blue

Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino on 10:49 - Oct 1 by ArnieM

Poor conditioning , strengthening and training regimes are the problem at this Club.

We're pretty inventive though. I heard we even get them jumping on cars and climbing in through upstairs windows.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino on 11:38 - Oct 1 with 2192 viewsStokieBlue

Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino on 11:16 - Oct 1 by Wallingford_Boy

Love not hate x

Don't you have some illegal streaming to do?

Probably better than following me around the forum like a lost puppy.

SB

Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino on 11:38 - Oct 1 with 2191 viewsOsborneOneNil

Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino on 10:38 - Oct 1 by StokieBlue

SB

Crikey, chill, brother. It was a general post as to how we have the injuries we do, whilst comparing to the Liverpool front 3 who ‘never seem to miss a game’.

Wasn’t quoting appearances over a 24 month period, just a conversation starter.

Good grief.
Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino on 11:41 - Oct 1 with 2177 viewsOsborneOneNil

Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino on 10:35 - Oct 1 by Simonds92

Indeed. Wasn’t being a stato (like some), it was something that struck me on Monday when the Liverpool 3 lined up again for what seems like every game.

(I now appreciate it‘s not EVERY game, but you get my point)
Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino on 11:43 - Oct 1 with 2165 viewsjayessess

They've had recurrent injuries for some of their other players though. Lallana and Oxlade-Chamberlain could barely get a run of games. Joe Gomez has had several significant injuries.

Alisson, Matip, Fabinho, Keita, all missed multiple games last year.

Their resources make a big difference in terms of paying for equipment and expertise for both conditioning and recovery. They also enable them to avoid taking risks on players with a history of injury problems. Finally, it's much easier to offload an injured player on a big contract when you're top of the food chain, because your cast offs are star players for mid-table Premier League clubs that are still wealthy enough to buy them. Liverpool could quietly recoup their losses on Danny Ings in a way we can't with Emyr Huws or James Norwood.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino on 12:25 - Oct 1 with 2108 viewsTieDyedIn95

Simply not true:

SB

We never prior to the Evans era ever had a constantly mounting injury list like we have had since he run the club. The cuts in the backroom are an issue and the quality of the players we have bought have been an issue as well. We've signed players with injuries and a injury history, and we don't have adequate facilities to deal with it, it's that simple. Paul Hurst even worked it out.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino on 12:52 - Oct 1 with 2045 viewsitfc_bucks

Injuries at Town - Mane, Salah, Firmino on 10:25 - Oct 1 by Wallingford_Boy

Have you seriously just compared Nors to Harry Kane???
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024