Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) 15:02 - Oct 1 with 8848 viewsJ2BLUE

Please don't post any spoilers for the shows

I'm tired of watching tv shows where the ending is a disappointment (Fortitude, GOT, Lost etc etc). The endings always feel rushed and lacking any real conclusion.

Please name some decent shows where the ending is worth the wait and the investment of watching several series.

Cheers

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 18:32 - Oct 1 with 4083 viewsBlueBadger

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 18:27 - Oct 1 by J2BLUE

I loved it. Even the final season. Just the last episode I hated. Can't violate the no spoilers request but it was just ended in the worst way possible. Made zero sense.

Cheers all, i'll have a look at some of your ideas.

The main problem with the ending of GoT was it was too rushed. Certain character beats would have worked a lot, lot better with a bit more time to breathe.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 18:38 - Oct 1 with 4079 viewsCrayonKing

I thought Justified had a great ending.
TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 18:43 - Oct 1 with 4067 viewsgoperryrevs

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 16:26 - Oct 1 by Oldsmoker

I thought the last episode of Twin Peaks tied up all the loose ends.

It was almost too neatly rounded up.
TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 18:53 - Oct 1 with 4055 viewspositivity

agree about got, but i love the lost ending, misunderstood by some, but definitely worth the wait for me.

stands up to repeat viewing too

definitely another vote for blackadder from me too!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 19:24 - Oct 1 with 4038 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Line of Duty. Best show ever.
TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 19:42 - Oct 1 with 4027 viewspennyfathersleg

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 15:06 - Oct 1 by SpruceMoose

Six Feet Under is said to have had one of the best endings of any series. I personally liked Mad Men too.

Agreed! It’s almost the perfect ending.
Only one series but if you have not seen it, give it a go on 19:50 - Oct 1 with 4018 viewsDyland

Edge of Darkness.

Essential stuff.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 19:53 - Oct 1 with 4016 viewsAce_High1

Can't believe no one has mentioned the single best show that has aired in the last 10 years.

SUCCESSION. Two series so far, lots of twists and turns and superbly written. Great dynamic between the family and the business issues.
Login to get fewer ads

It's not ended though on 19:54 - Oct 1 with 4011 viewsDyland

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 19:53 - Oct 1 by Ace_High1

Can't believe no one has mentioned the single best show that has aired in the last 10 years.

SUCCESSION. Two series so far, lots of twists and turns and superbly written. Great dynamic between the family and the business issues.

Just a small point of order buh :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 19:58 - Oct 1 with 4004 viewstractordownsouth

The last episode of Bodyguard a couple of years ago was the best bit of TV I've ever seen.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 20:00 - Oct 1 with 4004 viewsDubtractor

Breaking Bad
Mr Robot
Man in the High Castle

All had an ending that did the preceding seasons justice.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 20:05 - Oct 1 with 3994 viewsitfcjoe

Also, it’s only a 5-6 part series - but State of Play is brilliant

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 20:06 - Oct 1 with 3993 viewsitfcjoe

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 19:53 - Oct 1 by Ace_High1

Maybe because it hasn’t ended?!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 20:22 - Oct 1 with 3978 viewswerringtonblue

Gangs of London, season 1
[Post edited 1 Oct 2020 20:24]
TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 20:33 - Oct 1 with 3959 viewsjeera

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 18:38 - Oct 1 by CrayonKing

I thought Justified had a great ending.

I liked Justified but blowed if I can remember the ending.

I might give that a rerun sometime if there's not much else around.

I liked Longmire, though I realise it's hardly up there with the greats and doesn't seem to be popular. I still haven't found the last series yet.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 20:38 - Oct 1 with 3959 viewsfabian_illness

I think Peaky Blinders deserves a mention.
TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 20:40 - Oct 1 with 3951 viewsjeera

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 20:38 - Oct 1 by fabian_illness

I think Peaky Blinders deserves a mention.

That's not done yet though.

There'll be more of those as yet?

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 20:41 - Oct 1 with 3953 viewsAce_High1

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 20:06 - Oct 1 by itfcjoe

Maybe because it hasn’t ended?!

Noted...... although each series is a dramatic ending in itself.
TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 20:52 - Oct 1 with 3944 viewsJ2BLUE

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 20:22 - Oct 1 by werringtonblue

Gangs of London, season 1
[Post edited 1 Oct 2020 20:24]

The ending to that was just setting up season two.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 21:02 - Oct 1 with 3935 viewsWeWereZombies

The Prisoner

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 21:30 - Oct 1 with 3918 viewseastangliaisblue

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 15:36 - Oct 1 by ArnoldMoorhen

Breaking Bad.

Any of the Fargo series. Watch the film first. Series 1 and 2 are brilliant, Series 3 slightly more difficult watch but really stays with you. Each series is set in the same geographical area as the film, and with similar themes, but in different eras, with a few call-backs which show that, although distinct, they are in the same "universe". Because each series is a self-contained story it means they have a proper narrative arc and resolution.

Seconding Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes, and my wife is seconding Mad Men.

I know what you mean about the cliched endings, though. Got to the end of Suits and they did the whole "and then she married a Prince" thing in a bizarre live broadcast, with all sorts of celeb cameos. Weird.

For me the Fargo series is one of the most underrated shows ever made. I absolutely love them, so well written.
TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 22:02 - Oct 1 with 3889 viewsColin_Viljoen

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 21:30 - Oct 1 by eastangliaisblue

For me the Fargo series is one of the most underrated shows ever made. I absolutely love them, so well written.

New series of Fargo is out, just watching 1st episode!
TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 22:02 - Oct 1 with 3889 viewsMoriarty

Wiseguy (1980s)
Love Hate (Irish crime drama - 5 seasons).

fka omuircheartaigh

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 22:07 - Oct 1 with 3883 viewsjeera

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 22:02 - Oct 1 by Colin_Viljoen

New series of Fargo is out, just watching 1st episode!

Really? Excellent.

Where's that please?

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 22:21 - Oct 1 with 3863 viewspositivity

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 22:07 - Oct 1 by jeera

Really? Excellent.

Where's that please?

kansas city!
fx?

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024