Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scouting. 19:28 - Oct 5 with 2001 viewshampstead_blue

Do we have any type of scouting?

Just seen the budgies sell a player they got from York City for a few £.

Please tell me we don't because if we did it would be the worst scouting team since time Noah sent out a couple of doves to scout for dry land.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Scouting. on 19:32 - Oct 5 with 1963 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Scouting. on 19:36 - Oct 5 with 1938 viewsStokieBlue

That's right, we've never picked up players from non-league and sold them on for large sums. We might not be the best at scouting but we aren't the worst either.

SB
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 20:01]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Scouting. on 19:37 - Oct 5 with 1926 viewsKeno

TWTD Picture Exclusive ITFC Scouting department

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Scouting. on 19:38 - Oct 5 with 1927 viewsDanTheMan

Yes. It's not as good as others, or at least, it wasn't, my def info on it is a few years old at this point.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Scouting. on 19:42 - Oct 5 with 1913 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Didn't they poach him from York's Academy?

Easier to do when you are in the Prem. (Which I think they were are the time)

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Scouting. on 00:58 - Oct 6 with 1706 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I’d love a revamped scouting system, said it many times about our recruitment process, but it’s irrelevant because we don’t have the capital to be effective in the market really on a consistent and efficient basis.

Middle of the road scouting and recruitment set up at Town, a lot worse than us, a lot better than us

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Scouting. on 07:32 - Oct 6 with 1587 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Let's see who has the better career, Mings, Webster or Godfrey, before calling this one, eh?

They sold him after a season in the Prem, we sold them after a season in the Championship.

And before you say "They were Mick signings, what about now?"

Mick appointed Bowman.
Scouting. on 08:19 - Oct 6 with 1511 viewsBluefish

A better return than Mings or Moore? We did alright with Walters, Cresswell, Waghorn, McGoldrick (if we accepted the bid). We have other players brought into the academy as well that have been scouted

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

Scouting. on 09:23 - Oct 6 with 1440 viewsElephantintheRoom

Maybe whilst at York he played with an ex-Norwich players's son?

I think the scouting system now extends to asking Barry Fry as all spare cash is now invested in Town's world-leading medical facilities.

Besides, if you watch the league highlights programme you tend to see every decent player in the lower leagues anyway... which is probably how they spotted Maddison

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Scouting. on 09:40 - Oct 6 with 1401 viewsThatMuhrenCross

From what I understand, our scouting network within the confines of Suffolk is pretty thorough. However when it comes to further afield and abroad we're lacking.

I've always thought that a few of our former overseas players could be paid a small salary to watch over the talent in their own countries. We've got good representation in Holland, Scandinavia, France and Spain.

Probably all boils down to money though. I mean, how many could we realistically afford to employ and cover expenses for?

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Scouting. on 09:48 - Oct 6 with 1376 viewsPhilTWTD

Scouting. on 00:58 - Oct 6 by TheTrueBlue1878

I’d love a revamped scouting system, said it many times about our recruitment process, but it’s irrelevant because we don’t have the capital to be effective in the market really on a consistent and efficient basis.

Middle of the road scouting and recruitment set up at Town, a lot worse than us, a lot better than us

They did that in the summer of 2019.

O'Neill: We've Restructured Our Recruitment 17th Dec 2019 16:10
Town general manager of football operations Lee O’Neill has revealed that the club refreshed its scouting set-up over the summer as part of wider restructuring, which also included redundancies following relegation from the Championship. 6

Scouting. on 10:44 - Oct 6 with 1290 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Scouting. on 09:48 - Oct 6 by PhilTWTD

They did that in the summer of 2019.

O'Neill: We've Restructured Our Recruitment 17th Dec 2019 16:10
Town general manager of football operations Lee O’Neill has revealed that the club refreshed its scouting set-up over the summer as part of wider restructuring, which also included redundancies following relegation from the Championship. 6

Yes, I know they said they restructured, and presume this just takes time. This summer we’ve just shopped in the same pool of targets we were prior to this ‘restructure’, Hawkins/Cornell/Ward etc...

I’m not stating the players we have signed are bad at all, but they are very much of muchness we would have look at prior to this ‘restructure’.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 10:45]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Scouting. on 11:05 - Oct 6 with 1257 viewsGarv

Scouting. on 10:44 - Oct 6 by TheTrueBlue1878

Yes, I know they said they restructured, and presume this just takes time. This summer we’ve just shopped in the same pool of targets we were prior to this ‘restructure’, Hawkins/Cornell/Ward etc...

I’m not stating the players we have signed are bad at all, but they are very much of muchness we would have look at prior to this ‘restructure’.

Bennets is a bit different at least, albeit a loan.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Scouting. on 14:32 - Oct 6 with 1162 viewsPilgrimblue

Scouting. on 11:05 - Oct 6 by Garv

Bennets is a bit different at least, albeit a loan.

Loans aside, I'd like to ask PL how many approaches he gets from local teams. We've picked up that Bury player but how many others are there that could step up, esp strikers who have the knack of finding the net!
Scouting. on 14:37 - Oct 6 with 1147 viewsPhilTWTD

Scouting. on 10:44 - Oct 6 by TheTrueBlue1878

I think this summer's approach was largely a result of the pandemic, we needed a few bodies in in particular areas and looked at the free market at our level and probably no further than that given the circumstances, then added a loanee who impressed against us and then Bennetts, who I'm guessing might have been known to Bryan Klug through his Spurs connections. Will be interesting to see whether we notice more of a change of approach once the world settles down again, whenever that is.
Scouting. on 14:39 - Oct 6 with 1136 viewsitfcjoe

Scouting. on 14:37 - Oct 6 by PhilTWTD

I think this summer's approach was largely a result of the pandemic, we needed a few bodies in in particular areas and looked at the free market at our level and probably no further than that given the circumstances, then added a loanee who impressed against us and then Bennetts, who I'm guessing might have been known to Bryan Klug through his Spurs connections. Will be interesting to see whether we notice more of a change of approach once the world settles down again, whenever that is.

I think Dave Bowman involved in the two loans and both longer term targets

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024