Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cotter 15:49 - Oct 6 with 2451 viewsMetal_Hacker

Seeing he scored this afternoon made me ask myself the question(s)

Is Cotter really that bad ? Considering PL's thoughts on Donacien

Taking into account the worries ref Kenlock ,would it be totally suicidal to shift LC to the left side and Cotter at right back for a couple of weeks ?

Totally undermines Kenlock I guess but.....other ideas welcome

I'd have to see Woolfy back in the middle before doing so for a little more stability perhaps

Poll: If it were one or the other

Cotter on 15:51 - Oct 6 with 2433 viewsKieran_Knows

He spent a few days on trial at Leyton Orient during the summer. Don't think he's in the picture at all.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Cotter on 15:51 - Oct 6 with 2425 viewsHerbivore

Chambers at left back? Christ no.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Cotter on 15:52 - Oct 6 with 2412 viewsMetal_Hacker

Cotter on 15:51 - Oct 6 by Herbivore

Chambers at left back? Christ no.

Yeah I thought that myself but thinking of using what we've got and trying to make things "work"

Kenlock just scares me massively

Cotter on 15:55 - Oct 6 with 2399 viewstractorboy1978

The fact they don't even want to play him tonight amongst a team of kids tells you how far away he is and how poorly PL rates him.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 15:55]
Cotter on 16:03 - Oct 6 with 2362 viewsxrayspecs

I may have got this wrong, but I believe he would be counted as one of our over-21s this season (we are limited to 22) which may also be a factor in us not having plans for him this season.
Cotter on 16:07 - Oct 6 with 2340 viewsHerbivore

Cotter on 15:52 - Oct 6 by Metal_Hacker

Yeah I thought that myself but thinking of using what we've got and trying to make things "work"

Kenlock just scares me massively

I'm no Kenlock fan but I'd still prefer him there to Chambers. At some point he needs to step up and at least nail down his place as first reserve. Hopefully Ward won't be out for too long.

Cotter on 16:11 - Oct 6 with 2335 viewsbraveblue

The constant dismissal of Kenlock as a developing player reminds me of the chat about Josh Emmanuel. Player of the season elsewhere on loan and now regular in table topping club.
Cotter on 16:14 - Oct 6 with 2312 viewsBlueBadger

Cotter on 16:11 - Oct 6 by braveblue

The constant dismissal of Kenlock as a developing player reminds me of the chat about Josh Emmanuel. Player of the season elsewhere on loan and now regular in table topping club.

Kenlock has 65 town games under his belt. Only fleetingly has he shown any indication of kicking on and certainly not in the past two years. Time to admit he's not good enough, sadly.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Cotter on 16:20 - Oct 6 with 2289 viewsHerbivore

Kenlock isn't developing, if anything he's regressing. He's played a decent number of games for us and each time he's played over the past couple of years he's been poor. It's a shame. We all would like to see our young players blossom and become regulars, but I just don't think Kenlock looks remotely good enough to do so. He's not a kid anymore, he's nearly 24 and if he was ever going to be good enough we'd have seen signs of it by now.

Cotter on 16:42 - Oct 6 with 2225 viewsFixed_It

Cotter on 16:20 - Oct 6 by Herbivore

Kenlock isn't developing, if anything he's regressing. He's played a decent number of games for us and each time he's played over the past couple of years he's been poor. It's a shame. We all would like to see our young players blossom and become regulars, but I just don't think Kenlock looks remotely good enough to do so. He's not a kid anymore, he's nearly 24 and if he was ever going to be good enough we'd have seen signs of it by now.

Did I imagine it or was he linked with Arsenal when he was younger?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Cotter on 16:45 - Oct 6 with 2215 viewsWickets

Some players need the big stage to bring the best out of them , i dont know much about Cotter other than the one game he was pretty good . OK Kenlock is a leftie but the same errors just keep coming . We were told just a short time ago that Drinan was no where near the first team . Simpson seems to have dropped the radar , he looked ok without setting the world on fire . If you dont try them you will never know .
Cotter on 16:48 - Oct 6 with 2203 viewsBiGDonnie

Cotter on 15:51 - Oct 6 by Kieran_Knows

He spent a few days on trial at Leyton Orient during the summer. Don't think he's in the picture at all.

Yup! Leyton Orient supporting work colleague said he was terrible in the run out(s) he had with them pre season.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Cotter on 16:48 - Oct 6 with 2199 viewsMetal_Hacker

Cotter on 16:20 - Oct 6 by Herbivore

Kenlock is shocking

We've all watched enough football and played to "a standard" to acknowledge who's a "footballer" and who's not

Kenlock just isn't

Dreadful player

Cotter on 16:51 - Oct 6 with 2177 viewsHerbivore

Cotter on 16:42 - Oct 6 by Fixed_It

Did I imagine it or was he linked with Arsenal when he was younger?

He was at Arsenal and they let him go I believe.

Cotter on 16:56 - Oct 6 with 2160 viewsclive_baker

Not sure why we would compromise 2 positions, it simply serves to exacerbate the situation.

Losing Ward is a blow, he's a very good footballer, street wise, good on the ball, can get forward, good ability, know what you're going to get type player. Beyond him we're fragile at left back, but I do have some sympathy for Kenlock coming off the bench and being expected to get straight into a game having not played competitive league football for months. He's not of the standard of Ward IMO, but we need to stick to a philosophy and put round pegs in round holes. It's a shame KVY isn't fit as he's well versed at left back, but for now we should stick Kenny in and be done with it.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Cotter on 17:05 - Oct 6 with 2125 viewsWallingford_Boy

Cotter on 16:48 - Oct 6 by Metal_Hacker

Kenlock is shocking

We've all watched enough football and played to "a standard" to acknowledge who's a "footballer" and who's not

Kenlock just isn't

Dreadful player

Hahahahaha

Such an expert!

We know nothing, lets be honest.

I have a UEFA B licence, but am under no illusions, PL knows a thousand more times what I know and if he thinks Kenlock is up to it, I am happy with that.

Better than round pegs in square holes, or throwing kids in.

RIP Sir Bobby

Cotter on 17:07 - Oct 6 with 2111 viewsMetal_Hacker

Cotter on 17:05 - Oct 6 by Wallingford_Boy

Hahahahaha

Such an expert!

I have a UEFA B licence, but am under no illusions, PL knows a thousand more times what I know and if he thinks Kenlock is up to it, I am happy with that.

Never claimed to be an expert if I'm honest but have played to a decent standard and watched enough footy like we all have to offer an opinion

Sorry for breathing

How's the illegal IPTV going btw

Cotter on 17:09 - Oct 6 with 2110 viewsBlueBadger

Hahahahaha

Such an expert!

Lest we forget, Lambert is a highly qualified coach who had to be told by our clueless owner to stop endlessly rotating players, systems and formations.

Right now, I don't place a lot of stck in his judgement.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2020 9:40]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Cotter on 17:34 - Oct 6 with 2054 viewsGeoffSentence

Cotter on 17:09 - Oct 6 by BlueBadger

Lest we forget, Lambert is a highly qualified coach who had to be told by our clueless owner to stop endlessly rotating players, systems and formations.

Right now, I don't place a lot of stck in his judgement.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2020 9:40]

His great buddy from Germany, Roger Schmidt, told hime the same

'"Lambert says. “He was right. I decided I wasn’t going to waver from that advice.” '

Then he did waver.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Cotter on 17:44 - Oct 6 with 2033 viewsgordon

Emmanuel was in and out of the team as a 19 year old in 2016-17, then never got a chance after that season - only made 5 more appearances for the club over the next 2 seasons and then left.

He deserved a proper chance at town the season that Hurst f*cked everything up - that year we paid money for Donacien, then loaned Donacien out and loaned in James Bree, Pennington and Chambers also had a go at right-back, and that's not to mention some distinguished 'performances' from Jordan Spence.

And for most of that time Emmanuel was either overlooked or out on loan at Shrewsbury, having had a successful loan at Rotherham the year before. Not saying he was particularly brilliant then, but just that he can't have been worse than what we managed to muster together in the right-back position that season.

On the other hand, Kenlock is in his fifth season of getting games and still trying, without success, to nail down a first team place.
Cotter on 17:45 - Oct 6 with 2029 viewsWickets

Hahahahaha

Such an expert!

No point in having a forum if fans dont give their opinions and you have no idea of the football experiences of those that post on here . Myself i love reading what others have to say even if i dont always agree with it . And to be honest i have never felt the need to boost my own ego by laughing at others .
Cotter on 17:53 - Oct 6 with 2007 viewsBlueBadger

Cotter on 17:44 - Oct 6 by gordon

Emmanuel was in and out of the team as a 19 year old in 2016-17, then never got a chance after that season - only made 5 more appearances for the club over the next 2 seasons and then left.

He deserved a proper chance at town the season that Hurst f*cked everything up - that year we paid money for Donacien, then loaned Donacien out and loaned in James Bree, Pennington and Chambers also had a go at right-back, and that's not to mention some distinguished 'performances' from Jordan Spence.

And for most of that time Emmanuel was either overlooked or out on loan at Shrewsbury, having had a successful loan at Rotherham the year before. Not saying he was particularly brilliant then, but just that he can't have been worse than what we managed to muster together in the right-back position that season.

On the other hand, Kenlock is in his fifth season of getting games and still trying, without success, to nail down a first team place.

There's definitely a case for the argument that Emmauel was hard done by, less so Kenlock.

Cotter on 18:47 - Oct 6 with 1937 viewsTrequartista

Barry Cotter and the Order of the Team Picks i guess.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Cotter on 18:49 - Oct 6 with 1925 viewsMullet

Cotter on 16:51 - Oct 6 by Herbivore

He was at Arsenal and they let him go I believe.

Kenlock was at Palace

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Cotter on 19:04 - Oct 6 with 1901 viewsHerbivore

Cotter on 18:49 - Oct 6 by Mullet

Kenlock was at Palace

Palace, Arsenal, all a load of cockney sh!te.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024