Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kenlock 15:51 - Oct 10 with 3625 viewscleggo

For all the rubbish that's been said on here in the past week about a very able deputy we have at LB who, by the way, is one of our own he's barely put at foot wrong in that first half. Great to see him prove the doubters wrong

Even more impressive considering he's completely nullified Blackpools star man of the season in CJ Hamilton

Kenlock on 17:43 - Oct 10 with 475 viewsHerbivore

Kenlock on 17:42 - Oct 10 by reusersfreekicks

Think that's right - need more mobility,pace and threat on the flanks. Judge better as the furthermost forward of the middle 3

And in that role he's inferior to Bishop for me. Bishop was excellent today.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Kenlock on 17:45 - Oct 10 with 472 viewsHerbivore

Kenlock on 17:43 - Oct 10 by SomethingBlue

Agreed on that re front three, certainly in the longer term. Bennetts showed a few flashes that he'll be a good option (as I'm certain he will be, in fact) and Lankester/Sears offer more incision than Judge. Edwards has given Lambert an interesting problem today because it's hard to see how Freddie gets back in on that flank, even though his intelligence and burgeoning relationship with Ward are welcome.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 17:44]

I'd like to see Edwards continue on the left with Lankester eventually being first choice on the right. I think that could work really well. Bennetts looked rusty but some glimpses of promise. The option to bring Sears on at 70 minutes isn't a bad one, he's not done enough to be a nailed on starter and needs to show more to get his place back.

Kenlock on 17:50 - Oct 10 with 462 viewsSomethingBlue

Kenlock on 17:45 - Oct 10 by Herbivore

I'd like to see Edwards continue on the left with Lankester eventually being first choice on the right. I think that could work really well. Bennetts looked rusty but some glimpses of promise. The option to bring Sears on at 70 minutes isn't a bad one, he's not done enough to be a nailed on starter and needs to show more to get his place back.

Think Sears has lost half a yard of pace over a distance, which is fair enough at 31 and after that injury. He couldn't have scored Edwards' second goal, for example, or set up Chambo's. I do rate him tactically down that side though and can see why PL does. Think you're onto something with an Edwards/Lankester pair ultimately although I can see Bennetts knocking strongly on the door when up to speed.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 17:51]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Kenlock on 17:56 - Oct 10 with 446 viewsHerbivore

Kenlock on 17:50 - Oct 10 by SomethingBlue

Think Sears has lost half a yard of pace over a distance, which is fair enough at 31 and after that injury. He couldn't have scored Edwards' second goal, for example, or set up Chambo's. I do rate him tactically down that side though and can see why PL does. Think you're onto something with an Edwards/Lankester pair ultimately although I can see Bennetts knocking strongly on the door when up to speed.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 17:51]

Bennetts and Lankester potentially sharing that right side would work. Sears covering for Edwards on the left. It almost doesn't matter if we can't get a striker scoring goals with the threat those players offer.

Kenlock on 18:00 - Oct 10 with 442 viewsBlue12345

I don't think the criticism has been over the top. He is not a youngster anymore in footballing years and is getting paid to be a professional footballer. The majority of the performances have been amateurish.

I think he is ok to have as a reserve left back in case of injury, though if Wards injury was to be long term we would need a replacement Kenlock is not consistent enough to play a run of games.
Kenlock on 18:04 - Oct 10 with 430 viewsJ2BLUE

Kenlock on 18:00 - Oct 10 by Blue12345

I don't think the criticism has been over the top. He is not a youngster anymore in footballing years and is getting paid to be a professional footballer. The majority of the performances have been amateurish.

I think he is ok to have as a reserve left back in case of injury, though if Wards injury was to be long term we would need a replacement Kenlock is not consistent enough to play a run of games.

The majority of the performances have been amateurish.

This just isn't true

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Kenlock on 18:16 - Oct 10 with 412 viewsBlue12345

Kenlock on 18:04 - Oct 10 by J2BLUE

The majority of the performances have been amateurish.

This just isn't true

We will disagree on this as I think he is a poor footballer by professional standards.
Kenlock on 18:20 - Oct 10 with 404 viewsKeaneish

Did some good things, did some bad things. Thought he grew into the game and looked more assured as the game went on. Checks back to often and always come inside in his right when he has no right foot. Thought Edwards helped him out really well today.

Decent from him today bit like others have said, it’s 45 mins!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

Kenlock on 18:28 - Oct 10 with 394 viewsJDB23

A lot of his appearances over the past year or so have come with 0 protection in front of him which was what worried me today about the line up but was glad to see Edwards on the left.

I think he is fine as a back up LB in this league but I'm still hoping Ward comes back pretty sharpish.
Kenlock on 19:05 - Oct 10 with 369 viewsbournemouthblue

Kenlock on 17:56 - Oct 10 by Herbivore

Bennetts and Lankester potentially sharing that right side would work. Sears covering for Edwards on the left. It almost doesn't matter if we can't get a striker scoring goals with the threat those players offer.

Hopefully that should put pay to Judge being shoehorned in there

Judge needs to develop himself into a central midfielder I'd suggest

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Kenlock on 19:08 - Oct 10 with 364 viewsHerbivore

Kenlock on 19:05 - Oct 10 by bournemouthblue

Hopefully that should put pay to Judge being shoehorned in there

Judge needs to develop himself into a central midfielder I'd suggest

Think he's fine to come on for Bishop at 70 minutes if we want to go reasonably like for like. I honestly think that's his role here now.

Kenlock on 19:11 - Oct 10 with 362 viewsSwansea_Blue

Kenlock on 17:43 - Oct 10 by Herbivore

And in that role he's inferior to Bishop for me. Bishop was excellent today.

I think he's been excellent all season. He's showing what we missed last season. Someone to link the midfield to the forward(s), someone prepared to be brave on the ball, carry it when he needs to or play it quickly when they need to too. In other words, someone with a football brain. He's a fair bit above the rest of them when he's on his game (and more importantly fit). In terms of quality and potential, probabaly our best player.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Kenlock on 19:14 - Oct 10 with 361 viewsjayessess

Kenlock on 15:53 - Oct 10 by wkj

He's played well today, but the critisism of him leading up to this game was valid. If he can make how he's played so far today close to his regular standard, it would be win win for everyone.

I thought today was more or less the typical standard we see from Kenlock. Worked hard defensively with intermittent lapses in positioning or concentration. Willing to get involved going forward without ever being truly threatening. He's a downgrade on Ward for sure, but people were going on like we'd be better off chucking a competition winner in.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Kenlock on 19:43 - Oct 10 with 347 viewsHerbivore

Kenlock on 19:11 - Oct 10 by Swansea_Blue

I think he's been excellent all season. He's showing what we missed last season. Someone to link the midfield to the forward(s), someone prepared to be brave on the ball, carry it when he needs to or play it quickly when they need to too. In other words, someone with a football brain. He's a fair bit above the rest of them when he's on his game (and more importantly fit). In terms of quality and potential, probabaly our best player.

There were times today he was on another level to everyone else on the pitch. I just pray his injuries are behind him because if they are he's someone with the ability to play at a much higher level, imo.

Kenlock on 20:39 - Oct 10 with 327 viewslongtimefan

Kenlock on 19:14 - Oct 10 by jayessess

I thought today was more or less the typical standard we see from Kenlock. Worked hard defensively with intermittent lapses in positioning or concentration. Willing to get involved going forward without ever being truly threatening. He's a downgrade on Ward for sure, but people were going on like we'd be better off chucking a competition winner in.

He got himself a stupid yellow pulling back their winger for nothing ,as Wilson was always getting to the ball first, and was walking a bit of a tightrope as a consequence.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024