Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it in the Club's interest to allow fans back? 12:22 - Nov 26 with 1554 viewsFixed_It

Presumably the fans allowed back in will all be season ticket holders (who have already paid). There will be no (or limited) access to concourses for buying food/drink, and they will need to employ stewards etc who are not required at present. Plus they will have the logistical nightmare of deciding who will/won't be selected for each match - and the risk of dissent from those who do get to go. Not sure it's worth the hassle to be honest - and will not have any financial benefits as far as I can see.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Is it in the Club's interest to allow fans back? on 12:24 - Nov 26 with 1529 viewshype313

If Lambert carries on with the gig, it won't be an issue.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Is it in the Club's interest to allow fans back? on 12:26 - Nov 26 with 1515 viewshomer_123

I've said from the outset that Clubs will loose even more money by having such small numbers return, sadly.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Is it in the Club's interest to allow fans back? on 12:27 - Nov 26 with 1514 viewsElderGrizzly

Think it was Brighton CEO saying it will cost clubs more money to allow in 4,000 or fewer than play behind closed doors
Is it in the Club's interest to allow fans back? on 12:29 - Nov 26 with 1510 viewsKeno

who they allow back in will be done by drawing names from a hat

The unlucky ones will be allows to watch Town play

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Is it in the Club's interest to allow fans back? on 12:31 - Nov 26 with 1497 viewswkj

Is it in the Club's interest to allow fans back? on 12:29 - Nov 26 by Keno

who they allow back in will be done by drawing names from a hat

The unlucky ones will be allows to watch Town play

I think the deciding factor is based upon who votes which way on Phil's poll.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Is it in the Club's interest to allow fans back? on 12:32 - Nov 26 with 1489 viewsPJH

I cannot see anything that a club can gain by having 2000 in because it would certainly appear that they will lose money each time it happens.

Presumably clubs do have a choice as to whether to do it or not although it would be a brave club that says that they will not open up.
Is it in the Club's interest to allow fans back? on 12:51 - Nov 26 with 1439 viewsPhilTWTD

Is it in the Club's interest to allow fans back? on 12:27 - Nov 26 by ElderGrizzly

Think it was Brighton CEO saying it will cost clubs more money to allow in 4,000 or fewer than play behind closed doors

Yes, that will be the case here I'm sure. The cost of stewards against money which has already come in from season ticket holders with not much likely to be generated on another front via their attendance.
Is it in the Club's interest to allow fans back? on 12:53 - Nov 26 with 1425 viewsFrimleyBlue

The only benefit will be the fact we could have 2000 vocal boo's at the end of the games.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

Is it in the Club's interest to allow fans back? on 12:57 - Nov 26 with 1415 viewsJ2BLUE

I assume they will sell limited food/drink. Probably not alcohol but there's no reason they can't set up a pop up shop/catering van on the practice pitch. That practice pitch really is our USP when it comes to distancing and providing facilities.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is it in the Club's interest to allow fans back? on 13:01 - Nov 26 with 1390 viewsFrimleyBlue

Is it in the Club's interest to allow fans back? on 12:57 - Nov 26 by J2BLUE

I assume they will sell limited food/drink. Probably not alcohol but there's no reason they can't set up a pop up shop/catering van on the practice pitch. That practice pitch really is our USP when it comes to distancing and providing facilities.

Can't sell drinks unless having a substantial meal

Waka waka eh eh

Is it in the Club's interest to allow fans back? on 13:02 - Nov 26 with 1387 viewsJ2BLUE

Is it in the Club's interest to allow fans back? on 13:01 - Nov 26 by FrimleyBlue

Can't sell drinks unless having a substantial meal

I said probably not alcohol. They are allowed to sell soft drinks.

Truly impaired.

Is it in the Club's interest to allow fans back? on 13:03 - Nov 26 with 1380 viewsFrimleyBlue

Is it in the Club's interest to allow fans back? on 13:02 - Nov 26 by J2BLUE

I said probably not alcohol. They are allowed to sell soft drinks.

So you did. Sorry totally ignored that bit lol.

Waka waka eh eh

Is it in the Club's interest to allow fans back? on 13:09 - Nov 26 with 1356 viewsJ2BLUE

Is it in the Club's interest to allow fans back? on 13:03 - Nov 26 by FrimleyBlue

So you did. Sorry totally ignored that bit lol.

No worries

Truly impaired.

Is it in the Club's interest to allow fans back? on 13:10 - Nov 26 with 1349 viewsTJS

"Although some fans are now allowed back we've decided as a club we prefer playing behind closed doors.." - it's not a great look is it ?
Is it in the Club's interest to allow fans back? on 13:15 - Nov 26 with 1331 viewsclive_baker

Yep, a lot of incremental cost for minimal incremental revenue.

Hopefully a first step back to normality though.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Is it in the Club's interest to allow fans back? on 14:47 - Nov 26 with 1258 viewsScuzzer

What about last seasons season ticket holders, like me, that are still owed games? Will we be considered in sorting this out?

Established 1968

Is it in the Club's interest to allow fans back? on 15:48 - Nov 26 with 1204 viewsSarge

Imagine though in a regular season if we only sold 4-5000 season tickets so the club decided ‘actually nah not worth opening but we’ll keep the money ta’

Wouldn’t go down well.
Is it in the Club's interest to allow fans back? on 16:00 - Nov 26 with 1181 viewsFixed_It

Is it in the Club's interest to allow fans back? on 15:48 - Nov 26 by Sarge

Imagine though in a regular season if we only sold 4-5000 season tickets so the club decided ‘actually nah not worth opening but we’ll keep the money ta’

Wouldn’t go down well.

But in a regular season you would also have ticket sales on the day and catering revenue, so your argument doesn't really apply.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Is it in the Club's interest to allow fans back? on 16:05 - Nov 26 with 1176 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yeah, I think this has been quite a common observation since it was announced. For many it won't make sense logistically or financially. I think the team would like to see it, but are you going to get much atmosphere with a spatially distanced crowd in any case? Probably not.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is it in the Club's interest to allow fans back? on 16:20 - Nov 26 with 1157 viewsJ2BLUE

Is it in the Club's interest to allow fans back? on 14:47 - Nov 26 by Scuzzer

What about last seasons season ticket holders, like me, that are still owed games? Will we be considered in sorting this out?

I would imagine it will be ST holders only as it should.

The likes of us will probably have to wait for April./May. I'm expecting the credit to be honoured for the following season.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024