Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thanks! 23:34 - Nov 28 with 10792 viewsPhilTWTD

Have spent the evening reading through all the posts on here and social media, as well as emails, texts and calls, and it's been a humbling experience. You're all very kind. Many thanks to you all.
Thanks! on 08:27 - Nov 29 with 2403 viewssolemio

Thanks! on 00:40 - Nov 29 by Old_Git

You thought I was dead, didn’t you, my boy ?

It’s as if Elvis has sprung to the defence of Phil.

Banning our balding but sexually alluring leader from Mr Lambert’s PCs merely constitutes the death rattle of The Norridge Manager that will surely be Sacked In The Morning.

I hope that you have not been too damaged by the pandemic, SitfcB. May I ask, what does your pen-name mean ?

oldgit@reserves

Sorry, OG. I have news for you. You are dead.

God
Thanks! on 08:29 - Nov 29 with 2402 viewsSteve_M

Well, it’s just one more factor in the seemingly irreversible decline in the football club we grew up supporting.

Glad the response shows there’s still a lot of the club still in existence, globally if not at Portman Road any longer.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Thanks! on 08:30 - Nov 29 with 2394 viewsBarcaBlue

Thank YOU, Phil. TWTD is a real life line for those of us living overseas.

I can only make it to one or two matches a season so rely on you and others here to know what's really going on at the club, something I could never really get from other sources.

I was completely gobsmacked to read last night of the ban, this morning it's turned to anger.

Look forward to a full and public apology from the club.

Lambert Out!
Thanks! on 08:39 - Nov 29 with 2372 viewsjontysnut

Thanks! on 04:17 - Nov 29 by Wickwar_Blue

It’s like the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand in Sarajevo in 1914. This is the spark that will ignite the conflagration that will bring down the Evans regime.

Or something like that.

I just hope the club sees sense. TWTD is like the BBC. If it wasn’t there II’d bloody miss it. Keep up the good work Phil.

Lambert is our own Donald Trump. Rambling press conferences, banning people he doesn't like, refusing to concede, ignoring evidence, thinks he's popular and failing dismally to make Ipswich great again. Time to retire to the golf course.
Thanks! on 08:47 - Nov 29 with 2355 viewsDanTheMan

As others have said, thank you Phil. The fact there are so many people who have been knocking around this place for decades shows that deep down it's a fantastic community which you have helped build.

This is the angriest I've been with Ipswich and it's not subsided after a good sleep!

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Thanks! on 08:58 - Nov 29 with 2322 viewshype313

Phil, you have been hung out to dry here, it's an absolute shambolic decision to do this to you. You have been more than fair with Lambert whilst the rest of us are losing our heads, you have kept a dignified silence, and for the club to treat you like this is an abomination.

Just remember, you will be here long after Lambert has gone. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Thanks! on 09:01 - Nov 29 with 2317 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

Local journos come and go, for some it’s just a job they report they go home, some engage more deeply but for gods sake you live and breathe the Club if not reporting would be in the stands with the rest of us.

What have the Club done, it’s madness.

Actually I must congratulate the Club at last they have united this Board.

I support the TWTD 1.
Thanks! on 09:08 - Nov 29 with 2284 viewsBloomBlue

While I understand the annoyance with the team being released early no manager has ever liked that, the club knows how the internet works and trying to stop that type of info getting onto a site is near impossible. ITFC has a twitter feed, is everything on that checked and double check before its posted or instantly posted? The club knows the person posting those could post something wrong and then they would delete / retract afterwards and that's what you did.

Personally I don't understand why any Town fan would want to give the opposition an advantage, hidden agenda I guess, but I don't see what you did wrong.
Login to get fewer ads

Thanks! on 09:23 - Nov 29 with 2253 viewsMonkeyAlan

45 years lve supported this club. It's in the worst state lve ever known it. Evans is utter garbage at running a football club. Our manager is clueless. And TWTD being banned for a leak that has come from within the club is nonsense. The club needs to get it's act together and quick. They don't seem to realise the damage they are doing.
Thanks! on 09:28 - Nov 29 with 2238 viewsRedWhiteAndBLUE

Just echoing what others have said, the club is bang out of order there.
I really appreciate the website Phil, even more so in the days of Covid.
Although I dont post much, I feel much more part of TWTD than I do ITFC these days. Sad times, I hope you're reinstated soon and Town can have a new manager who can unite the fans and bring some good times back to Portman Road!
Thanks! on 09:30 - Nov 29 with 2228 viewsGlasgowBlue

Lambert has opened up Pandora’s Box.

With a single spiteful and petty act he has completely united the board and brought back Old Git. Even MJH is making his views known in Twitter.

We now need to get a petition going and send it to Blueas for an extra 100 signatures.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Thanks! on 09:31 - Nov 29 with 2222 viewshype313

Thanks! on 09:23 - Nov 29 by MonkeyAlan

45 years lve supported this club. It's in the worst state lve ever known it. Evans is utter garbage at running a football club. Our manager is clueless. And TWTD being banned for a leak that has come from within the club is nonsense. The club needs to get it's act together and quick. They don't seem to realise the damage they are doing.

The sad thing is, I don't think they really care that much, from the management down to the players, there's no direction or end goal from the club, it has been left to drift and is rudderless.

Evans has to take responsibility, even if he's regretting his decision to buy the club, he's the only one who can change things to try and get some sort of ROI back.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Thanks! on 09:34 - Nov 29 with 2215 viewsAce_High1

Thanks! on 09:30 - Nov 29 by GlasgowBlue

With a single spiteful and petty act he has completely united the board and brought back Old Git. Even MJH is making his views known in Twitter.

We now need to get a petition going and send it to Blueas for an extra 100 signatures.

Old Git returning is better than Jesus resurrection! Alas if it was not for Covid would love an original OG report from the training ground on Lambert and the players.

Just need Langers and Marc Fowler to remember their log ins and 2020 is complete.
Thanks! on 09:39 - Nov 29 with 2191 viewskeighleyblue

TWTD is an incredible resource that keeps me connected to the club we all love, despite living far away from PR. I hope the club we see sense and withdraw the ban.
Thanks! on 09:45 - Nov 29 with 2168 viewsBeckets

Thanks! on 09:39 - Nov 29 by keighleyblue

TWTD is an incredible resource that keeps me connected to the club we all love, despite living far away from PR. I hope the club we see sense and withdraw the ban.

My sentiments as well. Evans or at the very least O’Neill need to intervene next week and reinstate Phil immediately. Followed shortly thereafter by the dismissal of the odious Lambert and his incompetent coaching staff.
Thanks! on 09:49 - Nov 29 with 2152 viewsMJallday

As I said on Twitter . Keep your head up pal. Im sure it’ll all get resolved soon and the majority
Back you.

I am dissapointed though... when they said it , you missed an opportunity to say back to them “it’s.....Rebecca Vardys account “

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Thanks! on 09:50 - Nov 29 with 2151 viewsMetal_Hacker

I personally feel the decision to ban you Phil is going to be yet another excuse to sack PL

I guess it’s a prime example of don’t bite the hand that feeds you

Keep up the excellent work Phil ana thanks from us all

Poll: If it were one or the other

Thanks! on 09:59 - Nov 29 with 2127 viewsgordon

Thanks! on 00:06 - Nov 29 by SitfcB

The more I think about it the more annoyed I become at the club for supporting Lambert in this.

The club should’ve turned round to Lambert and said ‘no, sorry Paul, you can’t do that’ etc. F’kin disgrace.

Said before, I hope Phil gets an apology from Lambert and the club. As others have said, Phil was here long before Lambert and will be here long after he’s gone!!!
[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 0:24]

Yes, that's what I thought - no surprises that Lambert is spiteful like this, but depressingly predictable that the club don't have anyone who can stand up to him and say, no, we don't do things like that at Ipswich.
Thanks! on 10:14 - Nov 29 with 2094 viewsWD19

Thanks! on 09:30 - Nov 29 by GlasgowBlue

Somebody needs to get on to Boris.

He loves a populist soundbyte for his press conferences. Just imagine how well it would go down if he came out and called for Lamberts head.....

Maybe Marcus Rashford could help.

Or Captain Tom could ‘walk with Phil’.
Thanks! on 13:10 - Nov 29 with 1980 viewsChris_ITFC

All, please sign this petition. At a time when ITFC fans need a voice most, it has been taken from us: http://chng.it/VR6TQcb8
Thanks! on 15:00 - Nov 29 with 1906 views66notout

Thanks! on 00:26 - Nov 29 by Old_Git

Milking it, PHILIP ?

In the quarter of a century during which I have known you as our helmsman, I don’t think we have ever encountered such an issue that has reminded us that you are an authentic voice of sanity.

I once committed an unforgivable sin on here - and also some eminently forgivable lesser transgressions - and I have not forgotten that you quietly held firm in my defence. Indeed, as I pad quietly even closer to certain death, this is virtually all that I do remember.

Thank you for being Our Editor.

And thanks too to your bitch, Gav. I bet I’m still one of only three TWTD posters ever to have met Gav, the Syd Barrett of TWTD.

oldgit@reserves

If anything good has come out of this mess it’s that Old Git is back in the room!
Thanks! on 15:58 - Nov 29 with 1852 viewshoppy

As many have already said, the way you have handled this Phil is commendable, and you have all of our utmost respect.

I, along with everybody else that uses this site, hope that the club realise their massive error in this matter and reinstate the access you previously had, as you have always respectfully reported events and kept us updated on all things ITFC in a way that is second to none. That alongside the community that has grown from that where many of us have felt support and able to share things that wouldn’t on any other social media platform, as I myself have at times.

Wishing you the best, and that the right outcome is quickly sorted.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024