Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thanks! 23:34 - Nov 28 with 10791 viewsPhilTWTD

Have spent the evening reading through all the posts on here and social media, as well as emails, texts and calls, and it's been a humbling experience. You're all very kind. Many thanks to you all.
Thanks! on 00:26 - Nov 29 with 2058 viewsOld_Git

Milking it, PHILIP ?

In the quarter of a century during which I have known you as our helmsman, I don’t think we have ever encountered such an issue that has reminded us that you are an authentic voice of sanity.

I once committed an unforgivable sin on here - and also some eminently forgivable lesser transgressions - and I have not forgotten that you quietly held firm in my defence. Indeed, as I pad quietly even closer to certain death, this is virtually all that I do remember.

Thank you for being Our Editor.

And thanks too to your bitch, Gav. I bet I’m still one of only three TWTD posters ever to have met Gav, the Syd Barrett of TWTD.

oldgit@reserves

I am padding quickly towards certain death.

Thanks! on 00:28 - Nov 29 with 2030 viewsWicklowBlue

Thanks! on 00:06 - Nov 29 by SitfcB

The more I think about it the more annoyed I become at the club for supporting Lambert in this.

The club should’ve turned round to Lambert and said ‘no, sorry Paul, you can’t do that’ etc. F’kin disgrace.

Said before, I hope Phil gets an apology from Lambert and the club. As others have said, Phil was here long before Lambert and will be here long after he’s gone!!!
[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 0:24]

Does this have the backing of the club or was this a reactionary thing from PL and his coaching team? So much for bringing the club and it's legends (which I include Phil in) together. That is well and truly shot to pieces imho, utterly disgusting treatment of Phil.

I bought the home shirt this year to celebrate our UEFA cup winning team and past glories. The treatment of Phil has completely ruined this along with our shambolic performances of late.

I have never been quick to call for a manager's head, and even wanted to give Lambo time this season. But regardless if we were top of the league smashing teams apart (which we obviously are not), the treatment of Phil means I want PL out of the club right now!

I expect nothing less than a public apology for the way they have treated the great Ham. Goodbye Lambert you have sunk to the level of the Dark Lord and beyond with this.
Thanks! on 00:32 - Nov 29 with 2023 viewsSitfcB

Thanks! on 00:26 - Nov 29 by Old_Git

Milking it, PHILIP ?

In the quarter of a century during which I have known you as our helmsman, I don’t think we have ever encountered such an issue that has reminded us that you are an authentic voice of sanity.

I once committed an unforgivable sin on here - and also some eminently forgivable lesser transgressions - and I have not forgotten that you quietly held firm in my defence. Indeed, as I pad quietly even closer to certain death, this is virtually all that I do remember.

And thanks too to your bitch, Gav. I bet I’m still one of only three TWTD posters ever to have met Gav, the Syd Barrett of TWTD.

oldgit@reserves

Fookin hell.

Even Old_Git is back, a proper TWTD legend.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Thanks! on 00:32 - Nov 29 with 2021 viewsCanadafan

Add another voice of support for you Phil. A new low for ITFC.
Thanks! on 00:33 - Nov 29 with 2008 viewsRyorry

Thanks! on 00:21 - Nov 29 by MrTown

Would an apology mean anything, would it be worth the paper it was written on. They’ve done it now, a disgrace to the club.

To allow a man who is ruining this club to its core, to call shots like on an individual that has contributed so much for Town fans over the decades, whilst he has ruined this club over the previous 2 years.

‘Support the club in these difficult times’ they say.... ashamed of the club I say.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 0:21]

"The Club" is essentially us fans (and I include Phil & Gav in that).

We're the ones who've kept it going, in many cases for over half a century, with our support, including financially. Without us, there'd be no ITFC. PL & ME are recent arrivals who only care about the club in the short term.

We need a revolution!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Thanks! on 00:38 - Nov 29 with 2014 viewsfactual_blue

You deserve our support.

The club doesn't.

I'm embarrassed by their behaviour. A ban for playing Candy Crush in press conferences, however, that I could understand.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 0:41]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Thanks! on 00:40 - Nov 29 with 2011 viewsOld_Git

Thanks! on 00:32 - Nov 29 by SitfcB

Fookin hell.

Even Old_Git is back, a proper TWTD legend.

You thought I was dead, didn’t you, my boy ?

It’s as if Elvis has sprung to the defence of Phil.

Banning our balding but sexually alluring leader from Mr Lambert’s PCs merely constitutes the death rattle of The Norridge Manager that will surely be Sacked In The Morning.

I hope that you have not been too damaged by the pandemic, SitfcB. May I ask, what does your pen-name mean ?

oldgit@reserves

Thanks! on 00:41 - Nov 29 with 1996 viewsRKD

Milking it, PHILIP ?

oldgit@reserves

Who are the other two?

Good to see you, chum.

Poll: Edwards goal - shot or cross?

Login to get fewer ads

Thanks! on 00:42 - Nov 29 with 1995 viewsfactual_blue

Thanks! on 23:58 - Nov 28 by Ryorry

I seriously think there's little doubt that he'd do the job one helluva lot better than PL.

He'd find it challenging given the current situation at the club. He'd be tearing his hair out.

Oh....hang on....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Thanks! on 00:45 - Nov 29 with 1992 viewsRyorry

Milking it, PHILIP ?

oldgit@reserves

I've met both Gav & Phil back in the day when we all stood together on the terraces - TWTD!

Hope you're well OG - quite something that brings you back, and more than 50 of us on here after midnight still posting away!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Thanks! on 00:54 - Nov 29 with 1974 viewsWicklowBlue

Milking it, PHILIP ?

oldgit@reserves

The seismic shock today has awoken the Legends! This abhorrence must be overthrown and rectified.

Great to hear from you!
Thanks! on 00:55 - Nov 29 with 1972 viewsSitfcB

Thanks! on 00:40 - Nov 29 by Old_Git

You thought I was dead, didn’t you, my boy ?

It’s as if Elvis has sprung to the defence of Phil.

Banning our balding but sexually alluring leader from Mr Lambert’s PCs merely constitutes the death rattle of The Norridge Manager that will surely be Sacked In The Morning.

I hope that you have not been too damaged by the pandemic, SitfcB. May I ask, what does your pen-name mean ?

oldgit@reserves

I wouldn’t go that far, I’m sure you’re always watching from a far.

It’s stopped me from going to the football and having a few drinks at the weekend but that’s about it, have worked all the way through.

It’s my initials on either end, not very imaginative but then it’s done the job for the last 13 years or so.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Thanks! on 00:59 - Nov 29 with 1966 viewsOld_Git

Thanks! on 00:41 - Nov 29 by RKD

Who are the other two?

Good to see you, chum.

How nice, thank you. I can now confirm that one never grows old enough to dislike hearing polite greetings.

Yes, I can also confirm that Gav is a person. I’m not revealing her/his gender. There are mysteries above my pay level that cannot be revealed.

Nor can I reveal the identities of the other two posters that have met her as I’m working on Gav’s testimony, twoz he that told me that I had joined The Gavgic Trio.

I çan confirm that he/she is pretty, heavily bearded, one-legged and stout to the point of Diabetes 2. Just a snort of the fart of someone with the bug and Gav would be an ex-techie on the recycling pile of IT geekery. Some say she is Welsh. I think it’s just a speech impediment.

oldgit@reserves

Thanks! on 01:03 - Nov 29 with 1942 viewsCoastalblue

Thanks! on 00:59 - Nov 29 by Old_Git

How nice, thank you. I can now confirm that one never grows old enough to dislike hearing polite greetings.

Yes, I can also confirm that Gav is a person. I’m not revealing her/his gender. There are mysteries above my pay level that cannot be revealed.

Nor can I reveal the identities of the other two posters that have met her as I’m working on Gav’s testimony, twoz he that told me that I had joined The Gavgic Trio.

I çan confirm that he/she is pretty, heavily bearded, one-legged and stout to the point of Diabetes 2. Just a snort of the fart of someone with the bug and Gav would be an ex-techie on the recycling pile of IT geekery. Some say she is Welsh. I think it’s just a speech impediment.

oldgit@reserves

Nice to see you back, I hope you syick around after the right man has been sent to Coventry and the other welcomed back into the fold.

I still can't quite believe how stupid this is on the Club's behalf, someone else mentioned Gerald Ratner I notice, that's probably a fair comparison.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Thanks! on 01:05 - Nov 29 with 1944 viewsdavblue

oldgit@reserves

You have been sorely missed on my part.

Your posts regularly make me laugh and I hope this isn’t a fleeting comeback!
Thanks! on 01:08 - Nov 29 with 1930 viewscatch74

oldgit@reserves

Good to see you back, have I been on here long enough to get on the mailing list now?

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Thanks! on 01:16 - Nov 29 with 1921 viewsOld_Git

Thanks! on 01:05 - Nov 29 by davblue

You have been sorely missed on my part.

Your posts regularly make me laugh and I hope this isn’t a fleeting comeback!

Let’s not be distracted from our mission on here, which is to make plain to this foolish Temporary Coach that he has attempted to kill a Sacred Cow, by disrespecting Hammy, the least offensive, most self-effacing chap one might hope to meet.

Lambert has attempted to kick The Bald Mother Theresa, as the good folk of Iken call our Wise Helmsman.

But I’m delighted that my biannual appearance on these pages should be received politely.

As a vulnerable but kindly old gentleman, I find the tenor of modern debate too strident for my delicate, aged sensibilities.

Thank you.

And now I really must go to bed. It must be approaching midnight and I’m approaching eighty.

oldgit@reserves

Thanks! on 02:02 - Nov 29 with 1871 viewshaynes_toe1

The biggest compliment I can pay you Phil is its clear you have tried to put the club first in this instance when they had no right to have that level of care and respect from you.

That you tried to keep something so unjust quiet, knowing with the growing Lambert Out support plus your respect on here that you'd have massive support, is huge credit to you. The club didn't do anything to deserve that treatment.
Thanks! on 02:11 - Nov 29 with 1862 viewsIllinoisblue

Strong We Shall Overcome vibes tonight. It’s our club. And we shall rise again.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Thanks! on 04:17 - Nov 29 with 1814 viewsWickwar_Blue

It’s like the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand in Sarajevo in 1914. This is the spark that will ignite the conflagration that will bring down the Evans regime.

Or something like that.

I just hope the club sees sense. TWTD is like the BBC. If it wasn’t there II’d bloody miss it. Keep up the good work Phil.
Thanks! on 07:44 - Nov 29 with 1733 viewsBluebell

Great to see some of the old posters coming back in your defence Phil. It shows what a legend you are!

Lambert should be ashamed of himself. He has brought our once great club down to as low as possible but this really takes the biscuit.

Lambert out...........Ham in!
Thanks! on 07:50 - Nov 29 with 1717 viewsjeera

Thanks! on 07:44 - Nov 29 by Bluebell

Great to see some of the old posters coming back in your defence Phil. It shows what a legend you are!

Lambert should be ashamed of himself. He has brought our once great club down to as low as possible but this really takes the biscuit.

Lambert out...........Ham in!

And no one, and I mean no one, takes our biscuits!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Thanks! on 08:05 - Nov 29 with 1691 viewsDubtractor

Its all been said by more eloquently than this, but this is just another example of the shambles our
Club has become.

The way you have handled this and kept quiet about it says volumes about you. The way the club has handled it says volumes about them.

Hopefully it gets sorted soon and you're able to do your job properly again. And the club shouldn't forget that this is actually your job, your livelihood, that they are playing with.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 8:07]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Thanks! on 08:15 - Nov 29 with 1664 viewsWD19

It certainly feels like a key moment. It will force Lambert to put his chips on the table.

If he has any interest in doing his job successfully, he will be on the phone on Monday expressing his personal apologies and admitting he played the man, not the ball. At the very least it was all a big misunderstanding.

Or if his pride and/or his desire for a payoff trumps all else, he will dig his heels in. Hide behind someone else and continue to sulk.

From a selfish point of view, the idea of him apologising and the current playing situation continuing makes me almost physically sick.

Just do it Marcus.
Thanks! on 08:17 - Nov 29 with 1658 viewsPendejo

Thanks! on 02:02 - Nov 29 by haynes_toe1

The biggest compliment I can pay you Phil is its clear you have tried to put the club first in this instance when they had no right to have that level of care and respect from you.

That you tried to keep something so unjust quiet, knowing with the growing Lambert Out support plus your respect on here that you'd have massive support, is huge credit to you. The club didn't do anything to deserve that treatment.

This.^

I had thought I'd missed this somehow on the home page, and as it is now "out" I'd say it's time to put the clarification on the homepage.

Can we call it fascism yet?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024