Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TEAM: Jackson up top. Judge and McGavin back in. Dobra starts again. 14:00 - Dec 5 with 2289 viewsSitfcB

[Post edited 5 Dec 2020 14:02]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

TEAM: on 14:01 - Dec 5 with 1914 viewsBluefish

A typical Lambert team. It clearly doesn't work but he just chucks the names at it anyway

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

TEAM: on 14:02 - Dec 5 with 1857 viewsHerbivore

Delighted to see Judge back in, especially as it looks like he's lining up as a wide forward. I'm sure he'll be really effective as an attacking force.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

TEAM: Jackson up top. Judge and McGavin back in. Dobra starts again. on 14:03 - Dec 5 with 1780 viewsitfcpaul

Not saying I agree with it but seriously with the players we have available who else could we choose?

Maybe 442 instead but would be the same players

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

TEAM: on 14:04 - Dec 5 with 1719 viewsTangledupin_Blue

TEAM: on 14:01 - Dec 5 by Bluefish

A typical Lambert team. It clearly doesn't work but he just chucks the names at it anyway

What a stupid comment. Those are the names of the available players. What names do you want to see? Lionel Messi? George Best?

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

TEAM: Jackson up top. Judge and McGavin back in. Dobra starts again. on 14:05 - Dec 5 with 1700 viewsPortman_Pie

Jackson up front on his own. The least capable striker we have who cannot perform as a lone striker. Fills me with confidence - a loss at Plymouth coming up..
TEAM: on 14:05 - Dec 5 with 1697 viewspointofblue

Not sure what else he could do with the players available? I mean it could feasibly be a 4-4-2.

Cornell
Chambers - Woolfenden - McGuinness - Ward
Dobra - McGavin - Nolan - Judge
Lankester - Jackson

No doubt it will be 4-3-3 though; if it was 4-4-2 Hawkins for Judge would have been the preferred option (though in Lambert’s world more likely Hawkins for Dobra).

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

TEAM: Jackson up top. Judge and McGavin back in. Dobra starts again. on 14:05 - Dec 5 with 1693 viewsStokieBlue

TEAM: Jackson up top. Judge and McGavin back in. Dobra starts again. on 14:03 - Dec 5 by itfcpaul

Not saying I agree with it but seriously with the players we have available who else could we choose?

Maybe 442 instead but would be the same players

Shouldn't you be planning your team talk?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

TEAM: Jackson up top. Judge and McGavin back in. Dobra starts again. on 14:06 - Dec 5 with 1638 viewsWestover

No Drinan in the 18 not another injury.😬
Login to get fewer ads

TEAM: Jackson up top. Judge and McGavin back in. Dobra starts again. on 14:06 - Dec 5 with 1617 viewsBeckets

No Drinan. I think Donacien might be up for signing a Lambert out petition as well.
TEAM: on 14:06 - Dec 5 with 1607 viewsBlueBadger

TEAM: on 14:04 - Dec 5 by Tangledupin_Blue

What a stupid comment. Those are the names of the available players. What names do you want to see? Lionel Messi? George Best?

Drinan or Hawkins as the central striker would make more sense for starters. As would Judge not playing wide. Or indeed not playing.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

TEAM: Jackson up top. Judge and McGavin back in. Dobra starts again. on 14:07 - Dec 5 with 1591 viewsitfcpaul

TEAM: Jackson up top. Judge and McGavin back in. Dobra starts again. on 14:06 - Dec 5 by Westover

No Drinan in the 18 not another injury.😬

He said yesterday he was injured

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

TEAM: Jackson up top. Judge and McGavin back in. Dobra starts again. on 14:08 - Dec 5 with 1554 viewsBlueBadger

Phil! He's leaking the team! BAN HIM!

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

TEAM: Jackson up top. Judge and McGavin back in. Dobra starts again. on 14:08 - Dec 5 with 1557 viewsHealysBackPocket

How does Drinan go from starting to not even being on the bench? Unless our crack team of medics have rushed him back too quickly and he's crocked again..

Glad I'm not paying to watch Judge do the sweet sum of FA again today.

EDIT: just seen that Lambert said Drinan is injured yesterday so yes, yet another case of rushing back a player too quickly you'd think.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2020 14:09]
TEAM: on 14:08 - Dec 5 with 1560 viewsitfcpaul

TEAM: on 14:06 - Dec 5 by BlueBadger

Drinan or Hawkins as the central striker would make more sense for starters. As would Judge not playing wide. Or indeed not playing.

Drinan is injured plus Hawkins might not be fit enough after coming back this week
[Post edited 5 Dec 2020 14:10]

TEAM: on 14:09 - Dec 5 with 1516 viewsunstableblue

Apart from huws and Hawkins (one clearly off form, one been out injured)... what would you change??

Don’t disagree Lambert is not covering himself in glory! But the squad is decimated

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

TEAM: Jackson up top. Judge and McGavin back in. Dobra starts again. on 14:09 - Dec 5 with 1517 viewsDyland

I don't think it's too bad considering injuries. As ever I'll support the team to the hilt whoever starts, and delay judgement until they've played.

Skeptical as ever about what tactics we'll witness. Sorry Lambert if that's negative, and a supporter daring to question you ffs.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

TEAM: on 14:10 - Dec 5 with 1471 viewsTangledupin_Blue

TEAM: on 14:06 - Dec 5 by BlueBadger

Drinan is crocked. Hawkins is fragile.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

TEAM: on 14:11 - Dec 5 with 1445 viewsBlueBadger

TEAM: on 14:09 - Dec 5 by unstableblue

Apart from huws and Hawkins (one clearly off form, one been out injured)... what would you change??

Don’t disagree Lambert is not covering himself in glory! But the squad is decimated

Judge not out wide.

Although, Judge is a Technical Player, because he once turned out for Brentford.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2020 14:29]

TEAM: Jackson up top. Judge and McGavin back in. Dobra starts again. on 14:13 - Dec 5 with 1385 viewscatch74

Brilliant technical display today Sitters, best transfer so far.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

TEAM: on 14:14 - Dec 5 with 1350 viewswoiii

TEAM: on 14:02 - Dec 5 by Herbivore

Delighted to see Judge back in, especially as it looks like he's lining up as a wide forward. I'm sure he'll be really effective as an attacking force.

Oh yes, much more effective than, say, partnering Hawkins up front with Jackson.
I reckon we might even manage 4 shot (1 on goal) today.
TEAM: on 14:16 - Dec 5 with 1287 viewsBluefish

TEAM: on 14:04 - Dec 5 by Tangledupin_Blue

No o want to see a team that ays to the strengths of the formation. What even is this team? Jackson lone striker? Up top with Judge? What is it? Who is holding the ball up to try and have some sort of attacking threat? It is clueless rubbish yet again

TEAM: on 14:19 - Dec 5 with 1205 viewsBluefish

TEAM: on 14:05 - Dec 5 by pointofblue

Not sure what else he could do with the players available? I mean it could feasibly be a 4-4-2.

Cornell
Chambers - Woolfenden - McGuinness - Ward
Dobra - McGavin - Nolan - Judge
Lankester - Jackson

No doubt it will be 4-3-3 though; if it was 4-4-2 Hawkins for Judge would have been the preferred option (though in Lambert’s world more likely Hawkins for Dobra).

He has to pick players and system to work with each other. You can't just put names down to go in a system if they can't play like that. We are yet again putting a team out to play for possession at the back and nothing up top

TEAM: on 14:21 - Dec 5 with 1182 viewswoiii

TEAM: on 14:09 - Dec 5 by unstableblue

Against Oxford we only looked like scoring a goal when Jackson and Hawkins came on together.

433 is bollox. We don't have players with experience in any of the forward roles... they don't attack and they don't know how to join up in midfield.

Problem is Lambert is the General Custer of football and once he's decided something it must be right. VVanker.
TEAM: Jackson up top. Judge and McGavin back in. Dobra starts again. on 14:26 - Dec 5 with 1102 viewsMrTown

Given injuries (bar Judge), as good as we can go.

Delighted to see Dobra get back to back games.

Not too bad at all.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

TEAM: on 14:30 - Dec 5 with 1041 viewsRadlett_blue

Hard to name fit players who aren't in the starting XI who clearly should be.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024