Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where is our club captain? 23:35 - Dec 12 with 4185 viewsSmithy

He's now more silent than the owner, both on and off the pitch. Has he now disappeared up Lamberts ar*e?, or is he restraining himself from really saying what he thinks of the whole situation. Worryingly biting back at fans and putting his fingers to his lips suggests he's in the Lambert brigade, like most of the club his communication with the fans seems to have broken down.

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Where is our club captain? on 23:41 - Dec 12 with 3296 viewsEdmundo

Agreed. He was totally silent today, not a sign of the leadership he had before, but the whole team seemed muted, bereft of ideas and low on energy.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Where is our club captain? on 00:08 - Dec 13 with 3232 viewsGarv

Being in the Lambert brigade really wouldn't go down well with the fanbase right now so if he is he is probably wise to keep it to himself.

This is a harsh post. He may carry the title of club captain but what do you expect him to come out and say? He's a footballer, he's not a club spokesman. In fact, most times he does do press, he gets stick (like most players do) for talking too much.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Where is our club captain? on 00:23 - Dec 13 with 3191 viewsRyorry

Hmm. I like him enough & think well enough of him to hope he's keeping something back + his powder dry about a future coaching role with us, as age inevitably catches up with him as a player.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Where is our club captain? on 00:28 - Dec 13 with 3180 viewsMrTown

Having an honest chat with a fan probably.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Where is our club captain? on 00:31 - Dec 13 with 3173 viewshadleighboyblue

Where is our club captain? on 00:08 - Dec 13 by Garv

Being in the Lambert brigade really wouldn't go down well with the fanbase right now so if he is he is probably wise to keep it to himself.

This is a harsh post. He may carry the title of club captain but what do you expect him to come out and say? He's a footballer, he's not a club spokesman. In fact, most times he does do press, he gets stick (like most players do) for talking too much.

As captain and senior player , he should be helping and encouraging the younger players on the pitch , I didn't see much of that today .
Where is our club captain? on 00:53 - Dec 13 with 3122 viewsCanadafan

He, and other players, are not happy with PL. I don't expect any improvement in our play until the PL problem is sorted out by ME.
Where is our club captain? on 01:03 - Dec 13 with 3102 viewsMrTown

Where is our club captain? on 00:31 - Dec 13 by hadleighboyblue

As captain and senior player , he should be helping and encouraging the younger players on the pitch , I didn't see much of that today .

He does a lot of shouting, and waving his arms around etc, but I’d rather him be a captain by leading through performances, has he ever done that consistently for us, I’m not so sure.

Where is our club captain? on 01:43 - Dec 13 with 3025 viewsCoastalblue

Where is our club captain? on 00:53 - Dec 13 by Canadafan

He, and other players, are not happy with PL. I don't expect any improvement in our play until the PL problem is sorted out by ME.

Not sure about that tbh, I don't like PL and think he's currently stealing a living from us, but not what I've heard about the dressing room.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Login to get fewer ads

Where is our club captain? on 07:24 - Dec 13 with 2857 viewslazyblue

I think he is restraining himself at the moment in what he thinks and it’s effecting him in the pitch
Where is our club captain? on 07:45 - Dec 13 with 2809 viewsitfcjoe

Think he’s trying to step back and concentrate on his game, and ultimately every time he says something there is so much abuse on social media about it. He even gets abuse for not saying something.

Also think there is an element of not wanting to be associated with PLs failure, certainly not up his backside.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Where is our club captain? on 07:58 - Dec 13 with 2759 viewsArnieM

I’d say that Chambers’ NO comment actually speaks volumes AGAINST Lambert, (not for him)!

If your club captain doesn’t come out in open support of his manager what does that tell you.

The silence is positively deafening......

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Where is our club captain? on 07:59 - Dec 13 with 2753 viewstextbackup

To be honest whenever he talks it’s just empty words, as never any reaction after. So he’s better saying nothing.

However by saying he should say nothing I don’t mean on the pitch, such a quiet captain, no drive there.

If it’s true that previously he has spoken out against PL id suggest he’s just plodding along.

He started the season brilliantly- but has gone off the boil big time (as they all have)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Where is our club captain? on 08:48 - Dec 13 with 2606 viewsrfretwell

Where is our club captain? on 07:58 - Dec 13 by ArnieM

I’d say that Chambers’ NO comment actually speaks volumes AGAINST Lambert, (not for him)!

If your club captain doesn’t come out in open support of his manager what does that tell you.

The silence is positively deafening......

Yes I dont see Chambers ball out players for errors etc. Probably because over half the team currently are so young and inexperienced it would further sap their confidence. We concede goals regularly and he just seems resigned to it. We can all see this season is going pear shaped, mainly due to long running injuries to key players.
Where is our club captain? on 09:08 - Dec 13 with 2538 viewsTractorWood

Where is our club captain? on 07:59 - Dec 13 by textbackup

To be honest whenever he talks it’s just empty words, as never any reaction after. So he’s better saying nothing.

However by saying he should say nothing I don’t mean on the pitch, such a quiet captain, no drive there.

If it’s true that previously he has spoken out against PL id suggest he’s just plodding along.

He started the season brilliantly- but has gone off the boil big time (as they all have)

I've always found him a bit waffley in the past. I think English football has always placed too bigger emphasis on the captain role. A decent side should have about 4 captains.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Where is our club captain? on 09:15 - Dec 13 with 2519 viewsbrogansnose

Where is our club captain? on 09:08 - Dec 13 by TractorWood

I've always found him a bit waffley in the past. I think English football has always placed too bigger emphasis on the captain role. A decent side should have about 4 captains.

I struggle to see any natural leaders in our squad with Chambers being the only one remotely like a leader and , even then, not a mark on Jason De Vos in recent times. In Lukes case, I think that he's been ground down from the end of Micks reign and all that has gone on since, certainly none of the senior players seem to impose themselves.
Where is our club captain? on 09:27 - Dec 13 with 2460 viewsMonkeyAlan

He has his fancy house, his fancy cars, his decent wage. He couldn't give a stuff. Should have been gone from here 2 years ago. He is one of those holding the club back.
Where is our club captain? on 11:53 - Dec 13 with 2318 viewsJoHnNnY

He's doing what he done in the Hurst era, turning against the management team and probably encouraging others in the squad to do the same.
He just smells the opportunity of him and Skuse getting the chance to "caretaker", its all he wants now as even he knows this is probably his last season in first XI.

I personally think that Chambers and Skuse could be part of the problem. Its one thing to be a leader and another to think you "own the place".

Can we just play some attractive football please?
Poll: Who would like to see a return of the previous badge design?

Where is our club captain? on 12:07 - Dec 13 with 2286 viewsLankHenners

So daft that of all the players and people at the club to complain about, people always return to digging Chambers (and Skuse, though being injured has saved him somewhat) out. Obviously we have a lot of weirdos who still can't get over Mick and so anyone closely associated with him gets heavy criticism but I'm not sure what other people's problems are.

He's had/gets so much unnecessary abuse and grief for being one of the most consistent performers in the team ever since he's been here. Obviously he's getting older and more mistakes are creeping in (and I can see the argument for phasing players like him out) but I really don't think people understand that the state of the club right now hurts him like it does everyone else.

Do people really think that he's happy going through the motions at a club he's been with for a decade and been captain for most of that? Anyone complaining about him giving a bit of (very mild) stick back to some gobby fans should see a slither of what he's had to put up with and maybe they'd change their tune.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Where is our club captain? on 12:14 - Dec 13 with 2260 viewsJDB23

I'd rather the players just kept quiet tbh. How many times have we heard the same crap from them after games about "putting it right" etc and not once have they delivered.
Where is our club captain? on 12:25 - Dec 13 with 2231 viewsMrTown

Where is our club captain? on 07:59 - Dec 13 by textbackup

Seems as though Stephen Ward is Lamberts new front man to give all the bollox post match anyway.

Where is our club captain? on 12:30 - Dec 13 with 2216 viewsMrTown

Where is our club captain? on 11:53 - Dec 13 by JoHnNnY

He's doing what he done in the Hurst era, turning against the management team and probably encouraging others in the squad to do the same.
He just smells the opportunity of him and Skuse getting the chance to "caretaker", its all he wants now as even he knows this is probably his last season in first XI.

I personally think that Chambers and Skuse could be part of the problem. Its one thing to be a leader and another to think you "own the place".

The pair of them are part of the problem, to much flex and influence as the club. Were ingredients in it going wrong for Hurst at Ipswich, with some ridiculous behaviour. Far too influential at the club.

He knows how easy it is here for him and Skuse, stroll in the park, lots of control at the club, nice and easy.

Incredible position for a ‘professional’ football club to be in, no real surprise we can’t get things right on the pitch when things are run like a Sunday League team off it.

Where is our club captain? on 13:22 - Dec 13 with 2159 viewsPhilTWTD

I think it's worth pointing out that it's the manager who chooses which players speak to the media before and after games.
Where is our club captain? on 13:27 - Dec 13 with 2131 viewsMrTown

Where is our club captain? on 07:45 - Dec 13 by itfcjoe

Think he’s trying to step back and concentrate on his game, and ultimately every time he says something there is so much abuse on social media about it. He even gets abuse for not saying something.

Also think there is an element of not wanting to be associated with PLs failure, certainly not up his backside.

How long do you think we’ll wait until these concentrated performances kick in over a period of time?

Not sure why he can decide he doesn’t want to be a part of failure. He was part of the failure under Hurst, part of the failure when we were relegated, part of the failure when we lingered to mid table in League 1, and part of the failure when it’s happening all over again.

He’s the club captain, he’s front and centre to the failure.

Where is our club captain? on 13:29 - Dec 13 with 2126 viewsitfcjoe

Where is our club captain? on 12:30 - Dec 13 by MrTown

The pair of them are part of the problem, to much flex and influence as the club. Were ingredients in it going wrong for Hurst at Ipswich, with some ridiculous behaviour. Far too influential at the club.

He knows how easy it is here for him and Skuse, stroll in the park, lots of control at the club, nice and easy.

Incredible position for a ‘professional’ football club to be in, no real surprise we can’t get things right on the pitch when things are run like a Sunday League team off it.

This fantasy world you’ve concocted is just utter rubbish, the person that made it hard for Hurst, was Hurst.

He sold good players, bought bad ones, and treated people badly.

The senior players are just an easy target - Lambert has given both Chambers and Skuse new deals. If they were the problem why has he done that?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Where is our club captain? on 13:35 - Dec 13 with 2100 viewsMrTown

Where is our club captain? on 13:29 - Dec 13 by itfcjoe

This fantasy world you’ve concocted is just utter rubbish, the person that made it hard for Hurst, was Hurst.

He sold good players, bought bad ones, and treated people badly.

The senior players are just an easy target - Lambert has given both Chambers and Skuse new deals. If they were the problem why has he done that?

Hurst had a disaster tenure here. Chambers and Skuse were very poor throughout that behind the scenes though, very poor indeed. Some nonsense behaviour from ‘senior pros’.

I’m not sure they are an ‘easy target’, a negative opinion on someone doesn’t mean they are an easy target. Too much sway and influence at the club, and they don’t back it up consistently on the pitch.

Would be interesting with the current state of the club, whether using hindsight Lambert would go back and give the contracts again, I suspect he wouldn’t.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 13:37]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024