Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning 16:54 - Dec 30 with 4659 viewsgordon

Who would have thought that the Brexiteers actually didn't give a sh*t about fishermen. Total surprise.

Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 21:45 - Dec 30 with 1602 viewsHerbivore

Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 21:35 - Dec 30 by WestStanderLaLaLa

I know nothing about Norwegian politics. 1 minute of googling and I can see the Centre party advocate Norway’s withdrawal of the EEA. They polled 10% in the last election. Not exactly Norway complaining. Bild. FFS.

It's embarrassing. Glassers appears to have reverted back to his factory settings lately.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 21:47 - Dec 30 with 1588 viewsSeablu

Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 21:35 - Dec 30 by WestStanderLaLaLa

I know nothing about Norwegian politics. 1 minute of googling and I can see the Centre party advocate Norway’s withdrawal of the EEA. They polled 10% in the last election. Not exactly Norway complaining. Bild. FFS.

Welcome to the world of glasgowblue.
Spends its days trawling twitter for the bits that suit its agenda.
A slightly wiser version of Paz without the typing skills.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2020 21:52]
Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 21:51 - Dec 30 with 1591 viewsMattinLondon

Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 21:47 - Dec 30 by Seablu

Welcome to the world of glasgowblue.
Spends its days trawling twitter for the bits that suit its agenda.
A slightly wiser version of Paz without the typing skills.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2020 21:52]

Think GlasgowBlue has a better Archivist than what Paz has.
Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 22:22 - Dec 30 with 1567 viewsSwansea_Blue

Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 19:59 - Dec 30 by GlasgowBlue

The point being people who still can't get over the result of 4 years ago will decry any deal we have and will snipe at the people who negotiated it from our side but if they step out of their bubble they would see that people in the EU believe we have a very good deal.

It’s worse than the one we had on goods and doesn’t cover 80% of our economic activity. So hardly a positive step.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 22:22 - Dec 30 with 1554 viewsSeablu

Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 21:51 - Dec 30 by MattinLondon

Think GlasgowBlue has a better Archivist than what Paz has.

I’m certain tory central will re-allocate the resources soon.
The glaswegian has wobbled a bit of late.
Window dressing, obviously, but any weakness won’t be tolerated.
Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 22:28 - Dec 30 with 1553 viewsPlums

Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 20:59 - Dec 30 by Steve_M

Nah, it’s crap deal even against the aims of the government over the last year and a half let alone against the promises of 2016. It ignores financial services, screws fishing (despite the last month of claiming otherwise) and caved on the level playing field provisions (also despite the rhetoric of the last month). On the plus side it’s not a total disaster for the movement of (most) goods.

Also, Norway aren’t in the EU.

It’s pretty clear why financial services are ignored - the EU are very happy with the huge volumes of assets moving out of London and why wouldn’t they be? No need to negotiate there whatsoever.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 23:54 - Dec 30 with 1510 viewsBlueBadger

Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 19:59 - Dec 30 by GlasgowBlue

The point being people who still can't get over the result of 4 years ago will decry any deal we have and will snipe at the people who negotiated it from our side but if they step out of their bubble they would see that people in the EU believe we have a very good deal.

LOL

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 07:41 - Dec 31 with 1479 viewsGlasgowBlue

Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 21:29 - Dec 30 by Darth_Koont

Yes, let’s listen to the hardline anti-EU voices in Europe.

They’re not in any way like the hardline anti-EU voices in the UK.

Looks like both sources that I linked are hardly unbiased. So fair comment.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2020 7:47]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 11:57 - Dec 31 with 1391 viewsgordon

Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 22:28 - Dec 30 by Plums

It’s pretty clear why financial services are ignored - the EU are very happy with the huge volumes of assets moving out of London and why wouldn’t they be? No need to negotiate there whatsoever.

Difficult to see how could the deal be more beneficial to the EU - they've effectively traded a very small amount of fishing quotas in return for the opportunity to move an awful lot of financial services from UK into the EU.
Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 11:58 - Dec 31 with 1387 viewsgordon

Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 07:41 - Dec 31 by GlasgowBlue

Looks like both sources that I linked are hardly unbiased. So fair comment.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2020 7:47]

In hindsight it might have been a good idea for you to check out some of your sources in 2016.
Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 12:18 - Dec 31 with 1376 viewspointofblue

I think GlasgowBlue is being treated unfairly here - I think we’ve got the best deal possible out of the EU considering the circumstances and the negotiators should be credited for that.

Does that means the lies, fakery and exaggeration which polluted the campaign for Brexit were worth it? Anything but.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 12:23 - Dec 31 with 1368 viewsfooters

Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 12:18 - Dec 31 by pointofblue

I think GlasgowBlue is being treated unfairly here - I think we’ve got the best deal possible out of the EU considering the circumstances and the negotiators should be credited for that.

Does that means the lies, fakery and exaggeration which polluted the campaign for Brexit were worth it? Anything but.

I think it was more the patronising suggestion that anyone who disagrees with that position needs to step out of their 'bubble' and then quoting hardline eurosceptic sources to prove that Europeans saw it as a good deal was the issue.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 12:36 - Dec 31 with 1353 viewseastwell_blue

Haha.. "the PM was up here a few weeks ago and made us promises"..and you believed him!!!
Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 12:47 - Dec 31 with 1340 viewsGlasgowBlue

Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 12:23 - Dec 31 by footers

I think it was more the patronising suggestion that anyone who disagrees with that position needs to step out of their 'bubble' and then quoting hardline eurosceptic sources to prove that Europeans saw it as a good deal was the issue.

I hadn’t intended my post to come across as patronising. But it’s undeniable that there is a certain section of remain voters who simply wish to re run the referendum of four years ago. It’s done and we have left.

We got the best deal possible. In the short term it won’t be as good a deal as if we had stayed in. But after the 2016 referendum result and the 2020 general election result, that was never a realistic possibility.

We are where we are. Let’s just make the best of it.

Iron Lion Zion

Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 12:51 - Dec 31 with 1333 viewsfooters

Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 12:47 - Dec 31 by GlasgowBlue

I hadn’t intended my post to come across as patronising. But it’s undeniable that there is a certain section of remain voters who simply wish to re run the referendum of four years ago. It’s done and we have left.

We got the best deal possible. In the short term it won’t be as good a deal as if we had stayed in. But after the 2016 referendum result and the 2020 general election result, that was never a realistic possibility.

I completely disagree we got the best deal possible. We were invited to remain in many EU programmes and institutions which would have been of benefit to us but chose to cut off our nose to spite our face instead.

I'm just a little more sensitive on the topic of fising as it was my family's livelihood up until the 90s. And then for a bunch of Brexiteer know-nothings to start lecturing me about how it would save towns like Hull and Lowestoft got my goat.

But yes, we are where we are, so I guess it's time to get on with it until we can start to reverse some of the damage done.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 12:53 - Dec 31 with 1334 viewseireblue

Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 12:47 - Dec 31 by GlasgowBlue

Is it a better deal than May's deal?

Do you have an objective comparison?

If it isn't, or you haven't, then it isn't the best deal possible, it is simply a partial trade deal that this set of incompetent ministers managed to get over the line.
Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 13:04 - Dec 31 with 1310 viewsGlasgowBlue

Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 12:53 - Dec 31 by eireblue

Is it a better deal than May's deal?

Do you have an objective comparison?

If it isn't, or you haven't, then it isn't the best deal possible, it is simply a partial trade deal that this set of incompetent ministers managed to get over the line.

The best possible deal is the one that could command a majority in the HOC.

May’s deal was a far better deal for remain voters as it would have tied the Uk indefinitely to the customs union. The opposition parties voted against this deal. You’d be better asking them why theysupported the Johnson deal but rejected the May deal, and which of the two are better.

Gina Miller worked very hard to ensure that parliament had the final say on any deal. Several deals were presented to the commons with the latest deal being the only one that commanded a majority.

People who were voted against May’s deal may wish to reflect on that.

Iron Lion Zion

Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 13:12 - Dec 31 with 1302 viewseireblue

Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 13:04 - Dec 31 by GlasgowBlue

May’s deal was a far better deal for remain voters as it would have tied the Uk indefinitely to the customs union. The opposition parties voted against this deal. You’d be better asking them why theysupported the Johnson deal but rejected the May deal, and which of the two are better.

Gina Miller worked very hard to ensure that parliament had the final say on any deal. Several deals were presented to the commons with the latest deal being the only one that commanded a majority.

Language is important.

The reason we have a bunch of charlatans and incompetents running the country, is their manipulation of people through emotive and incorrect use of language.

It is not “the best deal possible”.

It is a partial trade deal.
Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 13:25 - Dec 31 with 1291 viewsFreddies_Ears

Linking to Germany's equivalent of The Sun isn't the best way to achieve your objective...
Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 13:28 - Dec 31 with 1284 viewsFreddies_Ears

Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 11:57 - Dec 31 by gordon

Difficult to see how could the deal be more beneficial to the EU - they've effectively traded a very small amount of fishing quotas in return for the opportunity to move an awful lot of financial services from UK into the EU.

You forgot to mention that EU keep the ability to sell their manufactured goods tariff-free into the UK market... So, paperwork aside (and we have said we won't bother to look at that for 6 months at least), they have secured their lucrative and positive export market, whilst we didn't even bother to try to do a deal for ours (Services).
Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 13:33 - Dec 31 with 1268 viewsgordon

Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 13:28 - Dec 31 by Freddies_Ears

You forgot to mention that EU keep the ability to sell their manufactured goods tariff-free into the UK market... So, paperwork aside (and we have said we won't bother to look at that for 6 months at least), they have secured their lucrative and positive export market, whilst we didn't even bother to try to do a deal for ours (Services).

Yes, and the state of the UK's media in not being able to hold anyone to account for the years of brazen lying that's got us here is thoroughly depressing.
Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 15:49 - Dec 31 with 1223 viewsHerbivore

Easy for you to say, you voted for this mess.

Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 15:53 - Dec 31 with 1218 viewsHerbivore

Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 13:04 - Dec 31 by GlasgowBlue

Having spent time the other week arguing that people were deliberately misrepresenting Johnson's oven ready deal as being a trade deal rather than the Withdrawal Agreement it's rather hypocritical of you to now conflate the two here. This is the only free trade deal that has been presented to parliament. What May failed to get through parliament was her version of the Withdrawal Agreement, not a free trade deal.

Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 15:58 - Dec 31 with 1209 viewsMonkeyAlan

Boris is a good egg really.
Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 16:02 - Dec 31 with 1201 viewsSpruceMoose

Scottish fishermen talking about decommissioning on 15:58 - Dec 31 by MonkeyAlan

Boris is a good egg really.

You seem to be here only to cause aggro. What do you get out of it? Attention?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024