Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) 16:37 - Jan 12 with 2977 viewsbluevein

If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 16:59 - Jan 12 with 906 viewslongtimefan

If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 16:42 - Jan 12 by MonkeyAlan

And Skuse. The older players in this squad appear to dictate too much. They cried over Mick going. They cried over the way Hurst ran things. Now they seem to be doing it again with Lambert. They seem to have a lot of sway and lm not sure it's healthy for the younger players. They have been around too long. Move them on.

I’d say that makes them right three times then!
I don't think many would disagree with that.... on 17:00 - Jan 12 with 908 viewsBloots

If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 16:56 - Jan 12 by You_Bloo_Right

To be fair to the OP Chambers will be 39 by the time Lambert's (current) contract expires - might not be a bad time to think about hanging up the boots.

....it's the inference that he is responsible for our current issues that make me laugh.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I remember that story about him..... on 17:01 - Jan 12 with 902 viewswkj

I remember that story about him..... on 16:58 - Jan 12 by Bloots

....organising all those strippers the night before the play off semi.

He had everyone up all night snorting coke off their arses.

Those phots of him stumbling through the Buttermarket with his pants round his ankles smashing up the shops with a bollard on his head were brilliant.

What a lad.

The rumours on twitter about Skuse taking a dump in Berra's lego box that night is wildly inaccurate. Berra may have got himself a red card, but his rage was actually incited by Mick McCarthy who stole his last rolo.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 17:02 - Jan 12 with 896 viewsIP12

If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 16:42 - Jan 12 by clive_baker

What I've not got my head around, and it applies to both Hurst and Lambert, is why they would want Chambers in the squad. He's got far too much influence, and he's not a good enough player that you would look at him as one you simply can't do without, so I can't work out why he's been kept on. If I took over and wanted to shake things up a bit, the likes of Chambers and Skuse would be the first ones out the door. Nothing personal, and good servants, but ultimately not who I would want around the place. Last summer was the perfect opportunity to manage them both out on good terms and going in a new direction without rocking the apple cart, but inexplicably they were given new deals.

My big hope is that at some stage in the near future they will be the manager and first team coach of ITFC........
I remember that story about him..... on 17:04 - Jan 12 with 884 viewsSpruceMoose

Those phots of him stumbling through the Buttermarket with his pants round his ankles smashing up the shops with a bollard on his head were brilliant.

What a lad.

Remember that time he posted video online of himself climbing through an upper floor window in his house while out injured, and then getting arrested for driving while suspected of being over the limit despite earning thousands of pounds a week and a taxi being well within his financial reach?

Top bantz ammirite?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I don't think many would disagree with that.... on 17:05 - Jan 12 with 879 viewsBlueBadger

I don't think many would disagree with that.... on 17:00 - Jan 12 by Bloots

....it's the inference that he is responsible for our current issues that make me laugh.

If you believe people like the OP, Chambers is responsible for our coaching, tactics, signings policy, motivating the squad as well as captaining and playing in the first team. He's clearly spread far too thin and th fact that he's been able to perform as well as he has is clearly quite the compliment.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I don't think many would disagree with that.... on 17:07 - Jan 12 with 866 viewsSpruceMoose

I don't think many would disagree with that.... on 17:05 - Jan 12 by BlueBadger

If you believe people like the OP, Chambers is responsible for our coaching, tactics, signings policy, motivating the squad as well as captaining and playing in the first team. He's clearly spread far too thin and th fact that he's been able to perform as well as he has is clearly quite the compliment.

He's the darling of the Facebook 'supporters' groups, thars for sure!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Frankly the sooner he's..... on 17:07 - Jan 12 with 864 viewsBloots

I remember that story about him..... on 17:04 - Jan 12 by SpruceMoose

Remember that time he posted video online of himself climbing through an upper floor window in his house while out injured, and then getting arrested for driving while suspected of being over the limit despite earning thousands of pounds a week and a taxi being well within his financial reach?

Top bantz ammirite?

...out of our club the better.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Login to get fewer ads

If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 17:07 - Jan 12 with 861 viewsKropotkin123

And Skuse. The older players in this squad appear to dictate too much. They cried over Mick going. They cried over the way Hurst ran things. Now they seem to be doing it again with Lambert. They seem to have a lot of sway and lm not sure it's healthy for the younger players. They have been around too long. Move them on.

I didn't like MM's brand of football. I feel we could and should have been able to recruit a better manager than him. However, he was an excellent manager in respects to creating an us (the players) against the world mentality and had players fully on board with that. Them feeling bad about MM going is not surprising, nor should it be perceived as a negative.

As for Hurst, he was terrible manager. They should "cry" when things aren't run well. Being vocal to ME would be useful now.

As for the "sway" over younger players. What are you on? It is call imparting experience. Could you imagine if the likes of Mogga et al never helped bring on the younger players. bizarre.

For what it is worth, I think they are "past it" and we can do better. I believe it is time to move on. But let's have it done with the dignity and respect they deserve.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 17:39 - Jan 12 with 826 viewsArnieM

Why?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 17:45 - Jan 12 with 807 viewsreusersfreekicks

Yes of course you know all of that
If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 17:51 - Jan 12 with 800 viewsKropotkin123

If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 17:39 - Jan 12 by ArnieM

Why?

Why indeed. The more I think about the original post the more bizarre it is.

- Shouldn't Chambers stay or go on his own merit?
- If Lambert doesn't go for another 4 years, should Chambers stay for another four years?
- Why is Chambers fate resting on Lambert staying or going?
- Why the hate for Chamber's in particular. Has he performed any better or worse than the rest of the team?
- If the Manager is culpable enough to be sacked? Doesn't that mean we should see better performances?

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 19:22 - Jan 12 with 749 viewsBehind_Enemy_Lines

If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 16:42 - Jan 12 by clive_baker

What I've not got my head around, and it applies to both Hurst and Lambert, is why they would want Chambers in the squad. He's got far too much influence, and he's not a good enough player that you would look at him as one you simply can't do without, so I can't work out why he's been kept on. If I took over and wanted to shake things up a bit, the likes of Chambers and Skuse would be the first ones out the door. Nothing personal, and good servants, but ultimately not who I would want around the place. Last summer was the perfect opportunity to manage them both out on good terms and going in a new direction without rocking the apple cart, but inexplicably they were given new deals.

Errhhh 🤔🤔🤔,
So why would the last two managers want Chambers at the club ?
Because he is the Captain 🤷‍♀️
Because he gives it his all in every training session, wears his heart on his sleeve type of bloke who would run through walls for you metaphorically speaking,
Because he is a positive member around the club and great for team morale and spirit (just sort of throwing it out there but it’s possible that is why he could be captain hmm 🤔)

But you sir as a way of shaking things up being in charge of this club for 24 hrs have decided to get two stalwarts out of the club starting with the club captain, 🤣🤣🤣🤣 hold my beer please !!!
If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 19:58 - Jan 12 with 722 viewsMrTown

He’s not solely responsible for our predicament, so that ludicrous to suggest, and I don’t rate him.

But his time along with many others is up at the end of the season.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

I remember that story about him..... on 20:59 - Jan 12 with 695 viewssyntaxerror

What a lad.

I heard he burnt a £300 note in front of our under 12s!
If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 10:37 - Jan 13 with 632 viewsGarv

If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 16:41 - Jan 12 by J2BLUE

Chambers has been a great servant and should be remembered fondly but the end of the season does feel the right time for him to move on.

Couldn't be summed up much better for me. In a way I'd like to see him complete his 10th year but I think the club need to move on and the bloke himself probably does too, he's had a depressing last couple of years footballing wise so I'd love to see him go somewhere (League Two?) and thrive as an experienced head/player coach.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 10:43 - Jan 13 with 627 viewsitfcjoe

If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 10:37 - Jan 13 by Garv

Couldn't be summed up much better for me. In a way I'd like to see him complete his 10th year but I think the club need to move on and the bloke himself probably does too, he's had a depressing last couple of years footballing wise so I'd love to see him go somewhere (League Two?) and thrive as an experienced head/player coach.

If Lambert stays much longer he can just do that here in League 2

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 16:45 - Jan 13 with 565 viewsGarv

If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 10:43 - Jan 13 by itfcjoe

If Lambert stays much longer he can just do that here in League 2

At least you're not overreacting about the situation.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024