Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If there really is talk of a takeover 08:08 - Feb 23 with 13344 viewshype313

And I'm still quite skeptical, but I do wonder if it is true talks has been accelerated since the announcement of the scrapping of salary cap.

I'm probably talking absolute nonsense, but a theory nonetheless.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Bottle job. (n/t) on 14:31 - Feb 23 with 1316 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Bottle job. (n/t) on 12:29 - Feb 23 by BlueBadger

That SHOULD have been a comment along the lines of 'trouble is, Twitter rumours are utter boll0cks more often than they're true though'.

But then I decided I didn't fancy a ten page argument.

You wouldn't have got one, because I quite agree!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

If there really is talk of a takeover on 14:31 - Feb 23 with 1316 viewsMetal_Hacker

If there really is talk of a takeover on 13:12 - Feb 23 by MattinLondon

Why does he have to quash any rumours? Why does he care what goes around on Twitter or any other forum?

Why should he ? Thought it was obvious really .Does he not owe it to those that line his pockets ?

Not saying he will I'm asking why he doesn't and until then I'll stay firmly on the fence with it all

Poll: If it were one or the other

If there really is talk of a takeover on 14:33 - Feb 23 with 1310 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If there really is talk of a takeover on 12:35 - Feb 23 by MattinLondon

It’s not happening. Definitely not.

What's your evidence?

If there really is talk of a takeover on 14:35 - Feb 23 with 1298 viewsMetal_Hacker

If there really is talk of a takeover on 14:33 - Feb 23 by The_Flashing_Smile

What's your evidence?

There's no evidence either way it's as simple as that really

Sit on the fence with me and watch it all happen/not happen - lot less stressful that way

If there really is talk of a takeover on 14:36 - Feb 23 with 1289 viewsHerbivore

If there really is talk of a takeover on 14:33 - Feb 23 by The_Flashing_Smile

What's your evidence?

We've been through this before, Dollers. You can't provide positive evidence for something not happening or not existing. The evidence that supports such a claim is the absence of any evidence to the contrary.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Assume you are talking about Kieran Maguire.... on 14:38 - Feb 23 with 1285 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Assume you are talking about Kieran Maguire.... on 12:00 - Feb 23 by Bloots

....@PriceOfFootball.

He stated quite clearly that we are one of 8-10 clubs in the "possible" takeover category.

But that it's a long way off and we shouldn't get our hopes raised.

So yeah, sometimes twitter is right.

Am I missing something? Where does he state here that "we are one of 8-10 clubs in the "possible" takeover category"?

Assume you are talking about Kieran Maguire.... on 14:39 - Feb 23 with 1272 viewsHerbivore

Assume you are talking about Kieran Maguire.... on 14:38 - Feb 23 by The_Flashing_Smile

Am I missing something? Where does he state here that "we are one of 8-10 clubs in the "possible" takeover category"?

In the replies when pushed on it by a Town fan.

If there really is talk of a takeover on 14:40 - Feb 23 with 1271 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If there really is talk of a takeover on 13:00 - Feb 23 by hype313

I think given Phil, Stuart and Andy have all said they have heard nothing can give us confidence that it's probably not the case, I know the lads on KOA said they need to do some deeper digging, but sounds like it's just twitter noise.

Of course, we need to find out from Dobbo to get the clearer picture.

They didn't know when Evans was about to swoop. If he's conducting discussions in Cornwall, or overseas, how would anyone even at the club know, let alone local journos?

Login to get fewer ads

If there really is talk of a takeover on 14:42 - Feb 23 with 1259 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If there really is talk of a takeover on 13:08 - Feb 23 by haynes_toe1

There is no takeover happening.

If people could just think with a really basic level of logic they'd realise this. I've said before and I'll say it again, I understand things arent good with the football club. I understand the lockdown having an impact on people.

But grown men getting all giddy because a couple kids on twitter started retweeting that there could be somewhere possibly at some point with no definitive timeframe a possible change of ownership is a bit cringeworthy.

Is there rich people who might be looking for a cheap football club? Probably - but it's incredibly difficult, nigh on impossible to make money out of owning a football club anymore, so you're then looking at either a complete idiot owning the club (similar to now) or an incredibly wealthy, passionate ITFC fan.

It's not happening.

You're the only person I can see getting giddy.

If there really is talk of a takeover on 14:45 - Feb 23 with 1254 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If there really is talk of a takeover on 14:29 - Feb 23 by Metal_Hacker

"If people could just think with a really basic level of logic they'd realise this"

Again I am not saying you are wrong but everyone keeps using the term "using logic" but I don't see yours used here either with the greatest respect

Asking why someone would buy a football club because no-one makes money out of it is correct for the most BUT it doesn't stop people buying them ala Sunderland , Bolton etc

Feel free to use exact logic rather than assumptions and I'll jump on board trust me

Again for the sake of the argument I'm on the fence with it all because no-one can prove either way

I'm with you on that fence.

haynes' logic, as you say, is all over the place. Every club in the football league has an owner, and several clubs have been taken over recently (even during a pandemic). These are the facts.

If there really is talk of a takeover on 14:48 - Feb 23 with 1244 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If there really is talk of a takeover on 14:36 - Feb 23 by Herbivore

We've been through this before, Dollers. You can't provide positive evidence for something not happening or not existing. The evidence that supports such a claim is the absence of any evidence to the contrary.

He has asserted it's DEFINITELY not happening. I merely want to know what he's basing that on. You can't assert something is definite without any evidence.

If there really is talk of a takeover on 14:49 - Feb 23 with 1230 viewsfooters

If there really is talk of a takeover on 14:45 - Feb 23 by The_Flashing_Smile

haynes' logic, as you say, is all over the place. Every club in the football league has an owner, and several clubs have been taken over recently (even during a pandemic). These are the facts.

Why downvote my balanced post then? It does seem very like you're carried away and are about to go off on one.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

If there really is talk of a takeover on 14:50 - Feb 23 with 1225 viewsMetal_Hacker

If there really is talk of a takeover on 14:45 - Feb 23 by The_Flashing_Smile

If it happens it happens ,if it doesn't it doesn't

That's my simple enough logic

Fact is no-one knows either way really and it's pointless everyone (believers and non-believers) trying to be right

If there really is talk of a takeover on 14:53 - Feb 23 with 1214 viewsHerbivore

If there really is talk of a takeover on 14:48 - Feb 23 by The_Flashing_Smile

He has asserted it's DEFINITELY not happening. I merely want to know what he's basing that on. You can't assert something is definite without any evidence.

I think when you're asserting that something isn't the case then it's fine to base that on a lack of evidence to the contrary. I would happily say that the Tooth Fairy doesn't exist, for example. I can't give you concrete evidence of her lack of existence because that's not possible, but the absence of any evidence of her existing would seem to suffice.

Assume you are talking about Kieran Maguire.... on 15:23 - Feb 23 with 1162 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Assume you are talking about Kieran Maguire.... on 14:39 - Feb 23 by Herbivore

In the replies when pushed on it by a Town fan.

Seen it now, right down the bottom. Well SomethingBlue has some explaining to do then, because he said this guy was on the level.

Yes, you are missing something.... on 15:26 - Feb 23 with 1149 viewsBloots

Assume you are talking about Kieran Maguire.... on 14:38 - Feb 23 by The_Flashing_Smile

....his next tweet.

I suspect you are being purposely obtuse to not notice it.

Which is odd.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

He is "on the level"..... on 15:27 - Feb 23 with 1142 viewsBloots

Assume you are talking about Kieran Maguire.... on 15:23 - Feb 23 by The_Flashing_Smile

Seen it now, right down the bottom. Well SomethingBlue has some explaining to do then, because he said this guy was on the level.

....hence he said to not get excited about it.

Not complicated.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

If there really is talk of a takeover on 15:27 - Feb 23 with 1143 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If there really is talk of a takeover on 14:49 - Feb 23 by footers

Why downvote my balanced post then? It does seem very like you're carried away and are about to go off on one.

I downarrowed for the line "everyone to jump on one quote seems OTT." I wasn't basing it on that... I haven't even seen Jim White's quote.

If there really is talk of a takeover on 15:30 - Feb 23 with 1135 viewsfooters

If there really is talk of a takeover on 15:27 - Feb 23 by The_Flashing_Smile

I downarrowed for the line "everyone to jump on one quote seems OTT." I wasn't basing it on that... I haven't even seen Jim White's quote.

Oh, so you're basing it on even less than the others then. Fair enough.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

If there really is talk of a takeover on 15:35 - Feb 23 with 1126 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If there really is talk of a takeover on 14:53 - Feb 23 by Herbivore

I think when you're asserting that something isn't the case then it's fine to base that on a lack of evidence to the contrary. I would happily say that the Tooth Fairy doesn't exist, for example. I can't give you concrete evidence of her lack of existence because that's not possible, but the absence of any evidence of her existing would seem to suffice.

This is entirely different to something that is well know for being a made up story. There COULD be a sale of ITFC. It is physically possible. The Tooth Fairly isn't physically possible.

My only point is, by all means say you don't think this is happening. A perfectly reasonable view. To say it's DEFINITELY not happening you must have some evidence (i.e you have a recording of Marcus Evans telling an associate no sale is imminent). Otherwise you're just a twonk on the internet trying to look clever.

Yes, you are missing something.... on 15:51 - Feb 23 with 1096 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Yes, you are missing something.... on 15:26 - Feb 23 by Bloots

....his next tweet.

I suspect you are being purposely obtuse to not notice it.

Which is odd.

No. It's at the bottom of about 15 tweets. I didn't look that far down.

He is "on the level"..... on 15:55 - Feb 23 with 1088 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

He is "on the level"..... on 15:27 - Feb 23 by Bloots

....hence he said to not get excited about it.

Not complicated.

You don't think his first tweet saying about the next big deal coming to TOWN and a gif of a tractor is misleading at best and trolling at worst? He only said to not get excited about it when pushed.... and at the bottom of a long list of replies.

If there really is talk of a takeover on 15:57 - Feb 23 with 1086 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If there really is talk of a takeover on 15:30 - Feb 23 by footers

Oh, so you're basing it on even less than the others then. Fair enough.

Oh just fook off footers. You asked why I downarrowed you, I gave you an answer. Kindly do one.

If there really is talk of a takeover on 16:00 - Feb 23 with 1072 viewsjeera

Hi.

Is this the room for an argument?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If there really is talk of a takeover on 16:03 - Feb 23 with 1060 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If there really is talk of a takeover on 16:00 - Feb 23 by jeera

Hi.

Is this the room for an argument?

NO!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024