Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If there really is talk of a takeover 08:08 - Feb 23 with 13345 viewshype313

And I'm still quite skeptical, but I do wonder if it is true talks has been accelerated since the announcement of the scrapping of salary cap.

I'm probably talking absolute nonsense, but a theory nonetheless.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:48 - Feb 23 with 1877 viewsBlueBadger

If there really is talk of a takeover on 11:35 - Feb 23 by The_Flashing_Smile

The thing is, sometimes things on twitter ARE right. And it's not just randoes tweeting it either, but respectable and trusted people (as SomethingBlue posted the other day - the Football Acquisitions guy (or something like that) is to be trusted).

You can't assert there's definitely nothing happening.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 11:50 - Feb 23 with 1868 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 11:30 - Feb 23 by hype313

There certainly does seem to be a vaccum there, even in his early years there were people like Clegg, Milne, Symonds and even Milts to a certain degree, seems to be a dearth of experience now, essentially LON who by all accounts is doing the job of 3 people.

" ...doing the job of 3 people"

Freeman, Hardy AND Willis? Blimey

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Assume you are talking about Kieran Maguire.... on 12:00 - Feb 23 with 1842 viewsBloots

If there really is talk of a takeover on 11:35 - Feb 23 by The_Flashing_Smile

The thing is, sometimes things on twitter ARE right. And it's not just randoes tweeting it either, but respectable and trusted people (as SomethingBlue posted the other day - the Football Acquisitions guy (or something like that) is to be trusted).

You can't assert there's definitely nothing happening.

....@PriceOfFootball.

He stated quite clearly that we are one of 8-10 clubs in the "possible" takeover category.

But that it's a long way off and we shouldn't get our hopes raised.

So yeah, sometimes twitter is right.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Bottle job. (n/t) on 12:02 - Feb 23 with 1822 viewsBloots

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:48 - Feb 23 by BlueBadger

If there really is talk of a takeover on 12:04 - Feb 23 with 1816 viewsitfc1108

Imagine if Ed can persuade his best friend to buy the club together.
I think they might be able to scrape the money together!

https://imagesvc.meredithcorp.io/v3/mm/image?url=
Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 12:08 - Feb 23 with 1766 viewsTrequartista

Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 10:36 - Feb 23 by abracaDOBRA_

So I guess we are now presuming his chirpy mood was either, he knew he was getting his payoff, or he was just happy with the performance.

I'm glad you are saying this Phil, when I read on Sunday evening that you believed he was getting a longer stay of execution, I felt sick

Probably this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56140536

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

If there really is talk of a takeover on 12:18 - Feb 23 with 1760 viewsSpruceMoose

If there really is talk of a takeover on 11:38 - Feb 23 by The_Flashing_Smile

Does my nut in when people proudly proclaim on here that something is either definitely happening or definitely NOT happening when it's just a guess like everyone else's.

By all means say what you think but don't frame it like it's definitely true. You don't know.

The sun still doesn't have thoughts Dolly, sorry.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Bottle job. (n/t) on 12:29 - Feb 23 with 1735 viewsBlueBadger

Bottle job. (n/t) on 12:02 - Feb 23 by Bloots

That SHOULD have been a comment along the lines of 'trouble is, Twitter rumours are utter boll0cks more often than they're true though'.

But then I decided I didn't fancy a ten page argument.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Probably sensible. (n/t) on 12:34 - Feb 23 with 1717 viewsBloots

Bottle job. (n/t) on 12:29 - Feb 23 by BlueBadger

That SHOULD have been a comment along the lines of 'trouble is, Twitter rumours are utter boll0cks more often than they're true though'.

But then I decided I didn't fancy a ten page argument.

If there really is talk of a takeover on 12:35 - Feb 23 with 1716 viewsMattinLondon

If there really is talk of a takeover on 11:38 - Feb 23 by The_Flashing_Smile

Does my nut in when people proudly proclaim on here that something is either definitely happening or definitely NOT happening when it's just a guess like everyone else's.

By all means say what you think but don't frame it like it's definitely true. You don't know.

It’s not happening. Definitely not.
If there really is talk of a takeover on 12:38 - Feb 23 with 1689 viewsMetal_Hacker

If there really is talk of a takeover on 12:35 - Feb 23 by MattinLondon

It’s not happening. Definitely not.

So...you "definitely" know it's not happening right ?

I'm on the fence to be fair but quite like the thought of it all but....

If it's definitely not happening can you think of a logical reason why ME isn't coming out to quash any rumour and to put us all right ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

If there really is talk of a takeover on 12:50 - Feb 23 with 1651 viewsfooters

If there really is talk of a takeover on 12:38 - Feb 23 by Metal_Hacker

If it's definitely not happening can you think of a logical reason why ME isn't coming out to quash any rumour and to put us all right ?

Because you can count the number of statements he's made to us on one hand?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

If there really is talk of a takeover on 12:54 - Feb 23 with 1627 viewsMetal_Hacker

If there really is talk of a takeover on 12:50 - Feb 23 by footers

Because you can count the number of statements he's made to us on one hand?

OK so does that theory also suggest there's nothing in it ?

Doesn't really and I know you're not suggesting otherwise but ...my point being no-one knows the truth and the whole thing is dividing the fans even more so now when we should be digging in together

ME has a duty and he as ever decides to relinquish his responsibilities

If there really is talk of a takeover on 12:58 - Feb 23 with 1607 viewsfooters

If there really is talk of a takeover on 12:54 - Feb 23 by Metal_Hacker

OK so does that theory also suggest there's nothing in it ?

Doesn't really and I know you're not suggesting otherwise but ...my point being no-one knows the truth and the whole thing is dividing the fans even more so now when we should be digging in together

ME has a duty and he as ever decides to relinquish his responsibilities

All we have at the moment is one tenuous quote from Jim White, that's all that's behind this. I just see no reason to take him at face value when it's far more likely to not be the case. No one at the club's heard anything, Phil hasn't either, so for everyone to jump on one quote seems OTT, although obviously there's plenty of reason for wishful thinking.

Could happen, true, but I don't see it unless more reliable sources can back it up, preferably with some actual detail.

Edit: OTT, not OOT, which is what I wish Lambert would do.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 13:01]

If there really is talk of a takeover on 13:00 - Feb 23 with 1593 viewshype313

If there really is talk of a takeover on 12:58 - Feb 23 by footers

All we have at the moment is one tenuous quote from Jim White, that's all that's behind this. I just see no reason to take him at face value when it's far more likely to not be the case. No one at the club's heard anything, Phil hasn't either, so for everyone to jump on one quote seems OTT, although obviously there's plenty of reason for wishful thinking.

Could happen, true, but I don't see it unless more reliable sources can back it up, preferably with some actual detail.

Edit: OTT, not OOT, which is what I wish Lambert would do.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 13:01]

I think given Phil, Stuart and Andy have all said they have heard nothing can give us confidence that it's probably not the case, I know the lads on KOA said they need to do some deeper digging, but sounds like it's just twitter noise.

Of course, we need to find out from Dobbo to get the clearer picture.

If there really is talk of a takeover on 13:02 - Feb 23 with 1588 viewsfooters

If there really is talk of a takeover on 13:00 - Feb 23 by hype313

I think given Phil, Stuart and Andy have all said they have heard nothing can give us confidence that it's probably not the case, I know the lads on KOA said they need to do some deeper digging, but sounds like it's just twitter noise.

Of course, we need to find out from Dobbo to get the clearer picture.

Exactly. That and my team's still finalising our bid, so don't expect anything to be firmed up until June at the earliest.

If there really is talk of a takeover on 13:06 - Feb 23 with 1572 viewsBonchosBicycle

One thing that makes me hope, which was mentioned in the podcast, is how badly Evans' other businesses must have been hit during the last year. At this point he may be willing to let us go for less than he would have in the past to concentrate on keeping his core business afloat.
If there really is talk of a takeover on 13:08 - Feb 23 with 1562 viewshaynes_toe1

There is no takeover happening.

If people could just think with a really basic level of logic they'd realise this. I've said before and I'll say it again, I understand things arent good with the football club. I understand the lockdown having an impact on people.

But grown men getting all giddy because a couple kids on twitter started retweeting that there could be somewhere possibly at some point with no definitive timeframe a possible change of ownership is a bit cringeworthy.

Is there rich people who might be looking for a cheap football club? Probably - but it's incredibly difficult, nigh on impossible to make money out of owning a football club anymore, so you're then looking at either a complete idiot owning the club (similar to now) or an incredibly wealthy, passionate ITFC fan.

It's not happening.
Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 13:10 - Feb 23 with 1549 viewsHerbivore

Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 10:18 - Feb 23 by footers

"We're delighted to announce Alan Pardew as Ipswich Town manager on a five-year contract. Alan brings a wealth of experience to Town and has managed at the very highest levels of the game."

Why would you say this?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

If there really is talk of a takeover on 13:11 - Feb 23 with 1548 viewshype313

If there really is talk of a takeover on 13:06 - Feb 23 by BonchosBicycle

One thing that makes me hope, which was mentioned in the podcast, is how badly Evans' other businesses must have been hit during the last year. At this point he may be willing to let us go for less than he would have in the past to concentrate on keeping his core business afloat.

The caveat to that is someone said yesterday that they knew someone working for the group and said this past year has actually been very good for ME.

If there really is talk of a takeover on 13:12 - Feb 23 with 1534 viewsMattinLondon

If there really is talk of a takeover on 12:38 - Feb 23 by Metal_Hacker

Why does he have to quash any rumours? Why does he care what goes around on Twitter or any other forum?
Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 13:14 - Feb 23 with 1530 viewsfooters

Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 13:10 - Feb 23 by Herbivore

Why would you say this?

Insider info.

If there really is talk of a takeover on 14:29 - Feb 23 with 1446 viewsMetal_Hacker

If there really is talk of a takeover on 13:08 - Feb 23 by haynes_toe1

There is no takeover happening.

If people could just think with a really basic level of logic they'd realise this. I've said before and I'll say it again, I understand things arent good with the football club. I understand the lockdown having an impact on people.

But grown men getting all giddy because a couple kids on twitter started retweeting that there could be somewhere possibly at some point with no definitive timeframe a possible change of ownership is a bit cringeworthy.

Is there rich people who might be looking for a cheap football club? Probably - but it's incredibly difficult, nigh on impossible to make money out of owning a football club anymore, so you're then looking at either a complete idiot owning the club (similar to now) or an incredibly wealthy, passionate ITFC fan.

It's not happening.

"If people could just think with a really basic level of logic they'd realise this"

Again I am not saying you are wrong but everyone keeps using the term "using logic" but I don't see yours used here either with the greatest respect

Asking why someone would buy a football club because no-one makes money out of it is correct for the most BUT it doesn't stop people buying them ala Sunderland , Bolton etc

Feel free to use exact logic rather than assumptions and I'll jump on board trust me

Again for the sake of the argument I'm on the fence with it all because no-one can prove either way

Assume you are talking about Kieran Maguire.... on 14:30 - Feb 23 with 1442 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Assume you are talking about Kieran Maguire.... on 12:00 - Feb 23 by Bloots

....@PriceOfFootball.

He stated quite clearly that we are one of 8-10 clubs in the "possible" takeover category.

But that it's a long way off and we shouldn't get our hopes raised.

So yeah, sometimes twitter is right.

I'm not getting my hopes raised. I'm just pointing out that people saying it's definitely not happening are just as clueless as those saying it is.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

If there really is talk of a takeover on 14:31 - Feb 23 with 1441 viewshype313

If there really is talk of a takeover on 14:29 - Feb 23 by Metal_Hacker

"If people could just think with a really basic level of logic they'd realise this"

Again I am not saying you are wrong but everyone keeps using the term "using logic" but I don't see yours used here either with the greatest respect

Asking why someone would buy a football club because no-one makes money out of it is correct for the most BUT it doesn't stop people buying them ala Sunderland , Bolton etc

Feel free to use exact logic rather than assumptions and I'll jump on board trust me

Again for the sake of the argument I'm on the fence with it all because no-one can prove either way

It's a bit like religion isn't it...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024