Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If there really is talk of a takeover 08:08 - Feb 23 with 13339 viewshype313

And I'm still quite skeptical, but I do wonder if it is true talks has been accelerated since the announcement of the scrapping of salary cap.

I'm probably talking absolute nonsense, but a theory nonetheless.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 10:15 - Feb 23 with 1749 viewsDanTheMan

Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 10:14 - Feb 23 by MattinLondon

The battle may be close to winning, but as we gaze across the dead bodies that litters the field and see our glorious leader riding blindfolded, we realise that we have no confidence at all in winning the war.

It does feel very much like it'll be a pyrrhic victory.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 10:18 - Feb 23 with 1726 viewsfooters

Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 10:15 - Feb 23 by DanTheMan

"We're delighted to announce Alan Pardew as Ipswich Town manager on a five-year contract. Alan brings a wealth of experience to Town and has managed at the very highest levels of the game."

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 10:20 - Feb 23 with 1723 viewsMattinLondon

Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 10:15 - Feb 23 by DanTheMan

Basically Evans is the king still buying bow and arrows when everyone else has invested in cannon.
Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 10:22 - Feb 23 with 1703 viewsDanTheMan

Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 10:18 - Feb 23 by footers

"We're delighted to announce Alan Pardew as Ipswich Town manager on a five-year contract. Alan brings a wealth of experience to Town and has managed at the very highest levels of the game."

We did it TWTD.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 10:23 - Feb 23 with 1706 viewsitfcjoe

Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 10:15 - Feb 23 by abracaDOBRA_

Phil, you seem to be a bit more confident on that front than on Saturday night/ Sunday morning

Hope is not lost it seems

It's just the up and down journey of an ITFC fan that Phil is on, he's now in the 'it has to happen' phase again

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If there really is talk of a takeover on 10:29 - Feb 23 with 1655 viewsDinDjarin

If there really is talk of a takeover on 09:29 - Feb 23 by Cheltenham_Blue

There are people not connected to the club saying differently.
How do you know there's no takeover in discussions? Or is that a guess?

I have heard from the horses mouth, an ex player still involved with the club there are interested parties sniffing about. Whether Evans would sell is a different matter.
Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 10:30 - Feb 23 with 1661 viewsPhilTWTD

Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 10:23 - Feb 23 by itfcjoe

It's just the up and down journey of an ITFC fan that Phil is on, he's now in the 'it has to happen' phase again

Probably. No, still hearing the same things I was hearing at the end of last week. Think the tone on Saturday suggested things might have changed but I'm confident they haven't.
Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 10:31 - Feb 23 with 1639 viewsPhilTWTD

Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 10:09 - Feb 23 by hype313

"If there was anything concrete about it, then it would be far wider known than a few journos/twitter accounts/bored kids gossiping about it."

Was that the case when Evans took over? I can't remember, but thought it was a bolt from the blue, even though it was known we were up for sale.

I knew something was up for a bit before but not who, there was gossip floating around, although the set-up is obviously different now.
Login to get fewer ads

If there really is talk of a takeover on 10:32 - Feb 23 with 1628 viewsJackSted

If there really is talk of a takeover on 10:29 - Feb 23 by DinDjarin

I have heard from the horses mouth, an ex player still involved with the club there are interested parties sniffing about. Whether Evans would sell is a different matter.

Evans has previously said he would sell if the right offer is made so you never know

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 10:33 - Feb 23 with 1615 viewshype313

Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 10:31 - Feb 23 by PhilTWTD

I knew something was up for a bit before but not who, there was gossip floating around, although the set-up is obviously different now.

Similar to the sort of gossip we are seeing now, or is this just much more speculative?

If there really is talk of a takeover on 10:36 - Feb 23 with 1594 viewshype313

If there really is talk of a takeover on 10:29 - Feb 23 by DinDjarin

There's been interested parties for a while now and it's no secret that Evans would look at offers, I'm sure that in that world, word is around that we are open to offers.

Completely different from a concrete offer though.

Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 10:36 - Feb 23 with 1597 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 10:30 - Feb 23 by PhilTWTD

Probably. No, still hearing the same things I was hearing at the end of last week. Think the tone on Saturday suggested things might have changed but I'm confident they haven't.

So I guess we are now presuming his chirpy mood was either, he knew he was getting his payoff, or he was just happy with the performance.

I'm glad you are saying this Phil, when I read on Sunday evening that you believed he was getting a longer stay of execution, I felt sick
If there really is talk of a takeover on 10:37 - Feb 23 with 1586 viewsTieDyedIn95

They are reading what we're saying online and relaying it back as news.

Lets look at the facts:
Bristol City CEO with American connections
Paying 40million for a League One club

This is the same made-up fan fiction as the ex Swansea season ticket holder on Twitter leading a Dutch consortium to buy us 5 years ago. Everyone was saying then "there must be something in it, this is the reason Evans has stopped investing" ... guess what, it was fictional. This is fictional. The origins of this whole thing was a doctored WhatsApp message on Twitter others have relayed as news, Bristol City fans want their CEO gone and have jumped on it. It's not real.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 10:37 - Feb 23 with 1589 viewshype313

Did certainly seem to be an air of relief in his demeanor on Saturday, whether that is down to knowing that he is soon gone off into the sunset with a hoard of cash, or has been told no matter what, he is here until the end of the season, we will have to wait and find out.

Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 10:47 - Feb 23 with 1537 viewsghostofescobar

And if PL does get the boot soon, that wouldn't seem to chime with a takeover about to happen? Surely Evans would just let PL amble along and let the new owners take the hit, plus any new owners would want to appoint their own manager, so would make no sense to change now.

GhostOfEscobar

If there really is talk of a takeover on 10:50 - Feb 23 with 1520 viewsMetal_Hacker

If there really is talk of a takeover on 10:37 - Feb 23 by TieDyedIn95

They are reading what we're saying online and relaying it back as news.

Lets look at the facts:
Bristol City CEO with American connections
Paying 40million for a League One club

This is the same made-up fan fiction as the ex Swansea season ticket holder on Twitter leading a Dutch consortium to buy us 5 years ago. Everyone was saying then "there must be something in it, this is the reason Evans has stopped investing" ... guess what, it was fictional. This is fictional. The origins of this whole thing was a doctored WhatsApp message on Twitter others have relayed as news, Bristol City fans want their CEO gone and have jumped on it. It's not real.

Sometimes rather than being aggressive all the time take a step back and consider one simple fact

None of us know the facts - so to declare "This is the same made-up fan fiction......" and declare that as fact is also very wrong.

Like I said no one knows but please don't be so judgmental and aggressive with it all

We all like to be right and sometimes my Mrs tells me I am so I know where you're coming from but stop with dividing people all the time

Honestly its just playground nonsense

Poll: If it were one or the other

Facebook and Twitter didn't..... on 10:54 - Feb 23 with 1499 viewsBloots

Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 10:09 - Feb 23 by hype313

"If there was anything concrete about it, then it would be far wider known than a few journos/twitter accounts/bored kids gossiping about it."

Was that the case when Evans took over? I can't remember, but thought it was a bolt from the blue, even though it was known we were up for sale.

...exist in 2007.

Unless it was "all over MySpace" then there wasn't the readily available platforms to spread the word back then.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 11:03 - Feb 23 with 1471 viewsPhilTWTD

Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 10:33 - Feb 23 by hype313

Similar to the sort of gossip we are seeing now, or is this just much more speculative?

This was gossip from people in and around the club who knew something was happening and in some cases who the new owner was but wouldn't say.
Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 11:05 - Feb 23 with 1450 viewshype313

Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 11:03 - Feb 23 by PhilTWTD

This was gossip from people in and around the club who knew something was happening and in some cases who the new owner was but wouldn't say.

So, old school def info, something we don't get these days due to Evans's desire for secrecy.

Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 11:24 - Feb 23 with 1418 viewsPhilTWTD

Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 11:05 - Feb 23 by hype313

So, old school def info, something we don't get these days due to Evans's desire for secrecy.

And also because there aren't that many people in and around the club who will know. I was thinking the other day that there was an interaction between the club and those around it then that there isn't now.
Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 11:30 - Feb 23 with 1386 viewshype313

Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 11:24 - Feb 23 by PhilTWTD

And also because there aren't that many people in and around the club who will know. I was thinking the other day that there was an interaction between the club and those around it then that there isn't now.

There certainly does seem to be a vaccum there, even in his early years there were people like Clegg, Milne, Symonds and even Milts to a certain degree, seems to be a dearth of experience now, essentially LON who by all accounts is doing the job of 3 people.

If there really is talk of a takeover on 11:35 - Feb 23 with 1366 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If there really is talk of a takeover on 09:31 - Feb 23 by MattinLondon

The fact that such talk is predominantly ‘Twitter rumours’ has led me to believe that it is complete rubbish.

The thing is, sometimes things on twitter ARE right. And it's not just randoes tweeting it either, but respectable and trusted people (as SomethingBlue posted the other day - the Football Acquisitions guy (or something like that) is to be trusted).

You can't assert there's definitely nothing happening.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

If there really is talk of a takeover on 11:38 - Feb 23 with 1355 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Does my nut in when people proudly proclaim on here that something is either definitely happening or definitely NOT happening when it's just a guess like everyone else's.

By all means say what you think but don't frame it like it's definitely true. You don't know.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 11:40 - Feb 23 with 1348 viewsSwansea_Blue

Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 10:09 - Feb 23 by PhilTWTD

That's a fair summary and I'm confident the battle you refer to will be over soon.

You're such a tease

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 11:43 - Feb 23 with 1341 viewsPhilTWTD

Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 11:30 - Feb 23 by hype313

There certainly does seem to be a vaccum there, even in his early years there were people like Clegg, Milne, Symonds and even Milts to a certain degree, seems to be a dearth of experience now, essentially LON who by all accounts is doing the job of 3 people.

Yes, Lee is effectively meant to be a director of football but has to take on other roles due to the lack of other management.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024