Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? 14:50 - Feb 24 with 6239 viewsSteve_M

If you hate him still then just ignore the post please:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/24/mick-mccarthy-cardiff-city-cham

Cardiff away at plucky little Bournemouth tonight, easy one to know which team to support there.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 19:03 - Feb 24 with 1727 viewsKeaneish

Ah yes, we’ve all missed those quotes tinged with bitter, seething resentment. Win, lose or draw Mick will never change. Until he recognises it’s his obstinate, unapologetic attitude that holds him back, fans will always be divided. Being unequivocally appreciated and universally acknowledged amongst the best will always be beyond him. Sad but true.

Great start at Cardiff though, I hope he’s learnt from his mistakes and he spends his ailing energy enjoying it rather than sniping at others

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 19:03 - Feb 24 with 1721 viewsHerbivore

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 18:43 - Feb 24 by Felstow1978

So what's wrong with a touch of "hooliganism"? 1970s were the best years of my life, beer n bovver a way of life. Football's a man's game, not the plasticised nonceness served up to the Sky generation

Pwopper norty.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 19:09 - Feb 24 with 1704 viewstextbackup

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 18:43 - Feb 24 by Felstow1978

So what's wrong with a touch of "hooliganism"? 1970s were the best years of my life, beer n bovver a way of life. Football's a man's game, not the plasticised nonceness served up to the Sky generation

lol what sad soppy twot reported this?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

"Bitter, seething resentment"..... on 19:20 - Feb 24 with 1673 viewsBloots

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 19:03 - Feb 24 by Keaneish

Ah yes, we’ve all missed those quotes tinged with bitter, seething resentment. Win, lose or draw Mick will never change. Until he recognises it’s his obstinate, unapologetic attitude that holds him back, fans will always be divided. Being unequivocally appreciated and universally acknowledged amongst the best will always be beyond him. Sad but true.

Great start at Cardiff though, I hope he’s learnt from his mistakes and he spends his ailing energy enjoying it rather than sniping at others

....oh the irony.

BCWYWF.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 19:21 - Feb 24 with 1674 viewsMullet

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 17:29 - Feb 24 by cbower

Naughty, naughty Steve. You have mentioned the unmentionable, tacitly defending the indefensible. OK, he helped us avoid relegation in 2012/13 but ALL his other seasons have led us to our current resting place. His football was ALWAYS shoite and in responding to the incessant personal barracking from some fans he crossed their self serving line of decency. I know you know all of this but thought I would remind you. Oh, and finally, it will all go sour at Cardiff like it did (after his extended stays) at Wolves , Sunderland and here 'cos he's a pg-headed, arrogant Yorkshireman and they will see through his football as it isn't technical enough.

The worst part of MM's reign was people who went to games desperate to kick off at the first thing that upset their precious little selves. Having competitions over who could go the most Daily Mail at the first opportunity.

Imagine making Sutton look good or siding with Nodge fans and then calling yourself Ipswich etc.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 19:21 - Feb 24 with 1671 viewsjeera

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 19:09 - Feb 24 by textbackup

Not me but it was a daft post.

"A man's game".

No, it's a game for men, kids, families, anyone who's interested.

If someone wants to behave like a tw@t with other tw@ts that's up to them, but let's get away from this "it's a man's game" crap as though that has any bearing on expected fan behaviour.

Kids and women get shoved to the ground and kicked indiscriminately, people who'd been to watch a game with their families. Oh yeah, real men they were.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 19:24 - Feb 24 with 1665 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The key take away for me is no big speeches but get on to the training pitch and get on with it.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 19:33 - Feb 24 with 1635 viewstextbackup

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 19:21 - Feb 24 by jeera

Not me but it was a daft post.

"A man's game".

No, it's a game for men, kids, families, anyone who's interested.

If someone wants to behave like a tw@t with other tw@ts that's up to them, but let's get away from this "it's a man's game" crap as though that has any bearing on expected fan behaviour.

Kids and women get shoved to the ground and kicked indiscriminately, people who'd been to watch a game with their families. Oh yeah, real men they were.

but still, abuse reported. rum old world we live in

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 19:41 - Feb 24 with 1628 viewsHerbivore

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 19:33 - Feb 24 by textbackup

but still, abuse reported. rum old world we live in

I'd assumed someone fat thumbed it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 19:44 - Feb 24 with 1623 viewsEireannach_gorm

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 19:03 - Feb 24 by Keaneish

'When McCarthy arrived, Cardiff were nine points above the relegation zone and the club’s hierarchy worried about dropping into League One, which would have been a financial catastrophe.'

Lucky that didn't happen to us when he left.
Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 19:46 - Feb 24 with 1616 viewsmojo

I genuinely never knew he played for Lyon. He never told us he played for big clubs did he?
Are we still banging on about Mick; collective amnesia a go go! on 19:56 - Feb 24 with 1602 viewsunstableblue

Firstly - who actually 'hated' Mick? are there really a lot of Town fans who 'hated' Mick, a tiny amount maybe. But its really a bit silly to say there was some mass hatred of Mick.

We'd had some great times under Mick AND we were in the Championship, we had a play-off drive. Some say he should have been funded, but wasn't the fact that he didn't want to upset the squad with new additions? But there was decline, and the midfield was never sorted.

But COME ON - The 1000s who sang 'Mick McCarthy your football is sh!t' across a number of games were just frustrated at the quality of football, well because, well it was sh!t, and there was simply a lack of goals and passing intent. No one HATED him, and frankly a turgid midfield and selection/game set-up approach was going to put people off. The 80% who called for him to go in an EADT poll.. was well because we'd be experiencing Skuglas! etc etc etc. Its 80% of sleepy suffolk people.

Who can get forget the highlights of QPR at home, Burton at home, the fact we'd gone 6 league games without a goal at home, several months of mediocrity. The debacle of the 3-0 home loss to Hull. But there were similar games in the previous season.

Look it was time for him to go, get over it. Yes Marcus fecked up with Hurst immediately that's nothing to do with Mick. Lambert has also been a disaster - people really do HATE him. That's because he is sh!t and not half as charming as Mick.

I really hope Mick does well at Cardiff, i expect them to beat a rudderless Bournemouth tonight and be really in the mix. Cardiff squad is perfect for him.

BUT CAN WE PLEASE STOP THESE POSTS! absolutely great to comment on how Mick is doing... I did so myself earlier.. and great to share the article, its a football forum. But stop with the 'If you hate him still then just ignore the post...' silliness, already.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 20:08 - Feb 24 with 1578 viewsKeaneish

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 19:44 - Feb 24 by Eireannach_gorm

'When McCarthy arrived, Cardiff were nine points above the relegation zone and the club’s hierarchy worried about dropping into League One, which would have been a financial catastrophe.'

Lucky that didn't happen to us when he left.

...and the relevancy of that to my post is?

I didn't realise that.... on 20:19 - Feb 24 with 1565 viewsBloots

Are we still banging on about Mick; collective amnesia a go go! on 19:56 - Feb 24 by unstableblue

Firstly - who actually 'hated' Mick? are there really a lot of Town fans who 'hated' Mick, a tiny amount maybe. But its really a bit silly to say there was some mass hatred of Mick.

We'd had some great times under Mick AND we were in the Championship, we had a play-off drive. Some say he should have been funded, but wasn't the fact that he didn't want to upset the squad with new additions? But there was decline, and the midfield was never sorted.

But COME ON - The 1000s who sang 'Mick McCarthy your football is sh!t' across a number of games were just frustrated at the quality of football, well because, well it was sh!t, and there was simply a lack of goals and passing intent. No one HATED him, and frankly a turgid midfield and selection/game set-up approach was going to put people off. The 80% who called for him to go in an EADT poll.. was well because we'd be experiencing Skuglas! etc etc etc. Its 80% of sleepy suffolk people.

Who can get forget the highlights of QPR at home, Burton at home, the fact we'd gone 6 league games without a goal at home, several months of mediocrity. The debacle of the 3-0 home loss to Hull. But there were similar games in the previous season.

Look it was time for him to go, get over it. Yes Marcus fecked up with Hurst immediately that's nothing to do with Mick. Lambert has also been a disaster - people really do HATE him. That's because he is sh!t and not half as charming as Mick.

I really hope Mick does well at Cardiff, i expect them to beat a rudderless Bournemouth tonight and be really in the mix. Cardiff squad is perfect for him.

BUT CAN WE PLEASE STOP THESE POSTS! absolutely great to comment on how Mick is doing... I did so myself earlier.. and great to share the article, its a football forum. But stop with the 'If you hate him still then just ignore the post...' silliness, already.

....you were a moderator on here.

Oh hang on, you aren't.

People can post on whatever subject they fancy without your permission.

If you don't like it then just hide the thread.

If you can't be bothered to do that, then just butt out.

Simple stuff.

I didn't realise that.... on 20:23 - Feb 24 with 1565 viewsMullet

I didn't realise that.... on 20:19 - Feb 24 by Bloots

....you were a moderator on here.

Oh hang on, you aren't.

People can post on whatever subject they fancy without your permission.

If you don't like it then just hide the thread.

If you can't be bothered to do that, then just butt out.

Simple stuff.

It's just embarrassment isn't it? Imagine being so high up on the footballing illiterati that you spew out reams of that kind of nonsense and still can't let it go?

They were happy to belittle is Ireland job and the Cyprus one daily, funny that eh? But I guess if you were so invested in constant hatred of the club and everything else because you were entitled and wrong so very badly, well this is always the result.

I guess this is what happens when you're part of a group so invested you spend years revising history to sate your own ego and save face?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 20:24 - Feb 24 with 1558 viewsSitfcB

2-0 up!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

You mean he's.... on 20:25 - Feb 24 with 1546 viewsBloots

I didn't realise that.... on 20:23 - Feb 24 by Mullet

It's just embarrassment isn't it? Imagine being so high up on the footballing illiterati that you spew out reams of that kind of nonsense and still can't let it go?

They were happy to belittle is Ireland job and the Cyprus one daily, funny that eh? But I guess if you were so invested in constant hatred of the club and everything else because you were entitled and wrong so very badly, well this is always the result.

I guess this is what happens when you're part of a group so invested you spend years revising history to sate your own ego and save face?

....a bit of a knob?

Are we still banging on about Mick; collective amnesia a go go! on 20:30 - Feb 24 with 1541 viewsSteve_M

Are we still banging on about Mick; collective amnesia a go go! on 19:56 - Feb 24 by unstableblue

It’s a nice article about a former manager. I made it very clear what the post entailed and you didn’t have to click on it if you didn’t want to read it, let alone reply.

That first line was purely to stop or turning into a fight over old ground, or it was meant to.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I didn't realise that.... on 20:32 - Feb 24 with 1535 viewsunstableblue

I didn't realise that.... on 20:23 - Feb 24 by Mullet

Which bit of revising history was in my post Mullet? Name an inaccuracy?

He’s gone get over it.

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 20:40 - Feb 24 with 1511 viewsChrisd

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 20:24 - Feb 24 by SitfcB

2-0 up!

MM is certainly getting them going, but they want to watch over their own shoulders, Barnsley themselves are on a good run and are right on their coat-tails quietly getting the job done.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

I didn't realise that.... on 20:43 - Feb 24 with 1504 viewsKeaneish

I didn't realise that.... on 20:32 - Feb 24 by unstableblue

Which bit of revising history was in my post Mullet? Name an inaccuracy?

He’s gone get over it.

Mullet always refers to “they” with an air of indignation and moral superiority. Who are “they”!? I think even the most ardent and fervent on here wished Mick all the best and put it to bed some time ago. Mullet vs ‘them’

Given Mullet’s a big Smiths fan, I assume he’s a product of Thatcher’s disenfranchised youth still pent up at being marginalised and ignored. Some of his posts read like that to me anyway.

Are we still banging on about Mick; collective amnesia a go go! on 20:51 - Feb 24 with 1476 viewsunstableblue

Are we still banging on about Mick; collective amnesia a go go! on 20:30 - Feb 24 by Steve_M

It’s a nice article about a former manager. I made it very clear what the post entailed and you didn’t have to click on it if you didn’t want to read it, let alone reply.

That first line was purely to stop or turning into a fight over old ground, or it was meant to.

The article was great... as I clearly stated! Absolutely no issue at all with posting about how mick is doing.... it’s a football forum

And apologies perhaps you’re not of the ilk... who frankly are no me coming out in the usual feeding frenzy... and yet again having complete amnesia about what state the team and mick was in by the end

I didn't realise that.... on 20:53 - Feb 24 with 1465 viewsunstableblue

I didn't realise that.... on 20:43 - Feb 24 by Keaneish

Mullet always refers to “they” with an air of indignation and moral superiority. Who are “they”!? I think even the most ardent and fervent on here wished Mick all the best and put it to bed some time ago. Mullet vs ‘them’

Given Mullet’s a big Smiths fan, I assume he’s a product of Thatcher’s disenfranchised youth still pent up at being marginalised and ignored. Some of his posts read like that to me anyway.

Just bang on

The them was 80% of fans!!!

Seemingly the whole of the North Stand

Videos of the churchmans booing mick off

Nothing wrong with the smiths... the band for me growing up... Wolves civic hall
Ken of the best nights of my life

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 20:55 - Feb 24 with 1456 viewsblueconscience

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 19:09 - Feb 24 by textbackup

You can guarantee, every time you open your mouth to speak, someone somewhere would take offence to what you say.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

I didn't realise that.... on 21:00 - Feb 24 with 1444 viewsPJH

I didn't realise that.... on 20:53 - Feb 24 by unstableblue

Just bang on

The them was 80% of fans!!!

Seemingly the whole of the North Stand

Videos of the churchmans booing mick off

Nothing wrong with the smiths... the band for me growing up... Wolves civic hall
Ken of the best nights of my life

Although the North Stand is not all that good a guide because at different times they supported Rotherham, Hull and Barnsley-they even sometimes supported Ipswich.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024