Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jackson and Nolan back in the squad 09:21 - Mar 2 with 2264 viewschrismakin

Apparently. It will be nice to have Jackson as an option and Nolan who despite seemingly being a marmite player he is one of of midfielders who has managed to score a few for us

Would like to see at least Jackson in tonight's squad but understand why he wouldn't be just yet.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2021 9:22]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Jackson and Nolan back in the squad on 09:22 - Mar 2 with 2240 viewshype313

Nolan hasn't been outstanding by any stretch, but at this stage of the season we need all hands on deck.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Jackson and Nolan back in the squad on 09:23 - Mar 2 with 2225 viewsMetal_Hacker

Yeah it'll be good to have Jackson as an option with his pace for the last 20 mins etc to start with . As for Nolan I don't mind him to be fair . He wouldn't be my first choice a very decent squad midfield player who , like you say , gets a couple of goals

Poll: If it were one or the other

Jackson and Nolan back in the squad on 09:23 - Mar 2 with 2220 viewsKieran_Knows

Yes, they both trained with the first team yesterday. Not quite ready for first team games at the minute, I think they 'might' be involved in the under 23's game this afternoon, as is Luke Thomas.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Jackson and Nolan back in the squad on 09:23 - Mar 2 with 2211 viewsDanTheMan

Jackson and Nolan back in the squad on 09:22 - Mar 2 by hype313

Nolan hasn't been outstanding by any stretch, but at this stage of the season we need all hands on deck.

I'm hoping a good manager can get him firing again. There's a player there, it's just his good form comes in little bursts.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Jackson and Nolan back in the squad on 09:25 - Mar 2 with 2165 viewsdavblue

Jackson and Nolan back in the squad on 09:23 - Mar 2 by DanTheMan

I'm hoping a good manager can get him firing again. There's a player there, it's just his good form comes in little bursts.

Now will be the time to be able to make a proper judgement on players im hoping as Lambert was so poor and the the attacking player certainly didn't get anything playing in his teams.
Jackson and Nolan back in the squad on 09:25 - Mar 2 with 2165 viewsGlasgowBlue

I like Nolan.

Jackson on the other hand has been a disappointment since his sending off at the end of last season. He’s offered nothing since.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Jackson and Nolan back in the squad on 09:27 - Mar 2 with 2136 viewshype313

Jackson and Nolan back in the squad on 09:25 - Mar 2 by GlasgowBlue

I like Nolan.

Jackson on the other hand has been a disappointment since his sending off at the end of last season. He’s offered nothing since.

I just think we haven't been utilising him properly, bad management etc, be interesting to see how he progresses now Lambert has gone, he really could do some damage, unleashed and and the right frame of mind.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Jackson and Nolan back in the squad on 09:30 - Mar 2 with 2102 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jackson and Nolan back in the squad on 09:27 - Mar 2 by hype313

I just think we haven't been utilising him properly, bad management etc, be interesting to see how he progresses now Lambert has gone, he really could do some damage, unleashed and and the right frame of mind.

If Cook favours one up front is he going to make a Jackson or Norwood the focal point and if it’s Norwood then can we expect Jackson on the wide right, providing no defensive cover for Chambers?

I’d have him as Norwood’s partner as they worked well last season. But Parrott has brought a lot to the team since he arrived and I’m not sue Jackson’s heart is at the club at the moment.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Jackson and Nolan back in the squad on 09:31 - Mar 2 with 2087 viewsDanTheMan

Jackson and Nolan back in the squad on 09:25 - Mar 2 by davblue

Now will be the time to be able to make a proper judgement on players im hoping as Lambert was so poor and the the attacking player certainly didn't get anything playing in his teams.

Agreed.

A lot of people saying we don't have actually very good players which I really disagree with. Last few games have showed we have a decent squad who can play well, they've just spent the past two years playing under bizarre conditions.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Jackson and Nolan back in the squad on 09:32 - Mar 2 with 2075 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Jackson and Nolan back in the squad on 09:27 - Mar 2 by hype313

Indeed. When he plays well (and passes forwards) he plays really well. Unfortunately it's once every 10 games. Maybe a new manager can up that ratio, because it's proof there's a decent player in there somewhere.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Jackson and Nolan back in the squad on 09:35 - Mar 2 with 2053 viewsWallingford_Boy

I like Nolan.

With you both.

Nolan has many qualities, just needs to show them more consistently.

Jacko I'd get rid of. Yes, he is better in a front two, but even then, he is not good enough. I also don't buy this "he was told to hug the touchline by PL", I VERY much doubt he was, but even if he was, the one thing he does have is pace, so surely we might have still seen a glimpse of a good player in there.... but nope.

RIP Sir Bobby

Jackson and Nolan back in the squad on 09:37 - Mar 2 with 2028 viewsRadlett_blue

I like Nolan.

Jackson is still a better option from the bench than Drinan who, while he tries hard, doesn't really look up to it.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Jackson and Nolan back in the squad on 09:41 - Mar 2 with 1987 viewsGavTWTD

Jackson and Nolan back in the squad on 09:37 - Mar 2 by Radlett_blue

Jackson is still a better option from the bench than Drinan who, while he tries hard, doesn't really look up to it.

Agreed. I'd definately have Jackson play a part tonight. He's fit, and will definately want to put two fingers up to Lambert. Nolan is worth a place on the bench but we have options there.

Can only see a win for town tonight. Looking forward to it.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Jackson and Nolan back in the squad on 09:43 - Mar 2 with 1966 viewssuffolkpoker

Jackson and Nolan back in the squad on 09:30 - Mar 2 by GlasgowBlue

If Cook favours one up front is he going to make a Jackson or Norwood the focal point and if it’s Norwood then can we expect Jackson on the wide right, providing no defensive cover for Chambers?

I’d have him as Norwood’s partner as they worked well last season. But Parrott has brought a lot to the team since he arrived and I’m not sue Jackson’s heart is at the club at the moment.

im imgaine Cook starts with 1 up top... oh the #bantz

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Jackson and Nolan back in the squad on 09:43 - Mar 2 with 1950 viewsStokieBlue

I like Nolan.

I think this is unfair, he was injured and then Lambert refused to play him properly.

Played properly he will score at this level and probably quite a few.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Jackson and Nolan back in the squad on 10:23 - Mar 2 with 1680 viewsbobbyramsey

They both might be improved players under a different regime?

Maybe playing them in their correct positions and playing to their strengths would help?
Jackson and Nolan back in the squad on 10:25 - Mar 2 with 1652 viewsSwansea_Blue

Funny player. He pops up every once in a while with an assist or goal and then goes missing for the next half dozen games. I don't think we'll miss him when he's gone. Judge does everything he can do and more.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Jackson and Nolan back in the squad on 10:57 - Mar 2 with 1544 viewsGuthrum

I do wonder if exiling two of the more expensive recent acquisitions to the U23s, with apparently no way back (and just after the transfer window closed), was more the final straw for Evans than Lambert's comments in the press.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Jackson and Nolan back in the squad on 11:08 - Mar 2 with 1490 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

£3m worth of transfer fees in the U23's was crazy!

Jackson involved in 18 goals last season, get him straight back in the squad.

Cant wait to see what a new manager can do with our players.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Jackson and Nolan back in the squad on 11:10 - Mar 2 with 1467 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Maybe Nolan will have a better relationship with a fellow scouser managing him.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Jackson and Nolan back in the squad on 11:12 - Mar 2 with 1442 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I like Nolan.

I refer you back to the answer above about judging the players under a decent manager.

The spell that you are referring to Jackson has played as a winger and as a lone striker.

Judge him on when he has played alongside a striker who compliments his abilities.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024