Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Am I watching the same Troy Parrott as everyone else 17:01 - Mar 6 with 3661 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

He’s played a few games now and I still have no idea what he is good at. Gets knocked off the ball by the wind, never really looks like scoring. Not particularly fast or skilful. Maybe I’m missing something?

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Am I watching the same Troy Parrott as everyone else on 17:02 - Mar 6 with 3063 viewschrismakin

Careful. No negatives allowed regarding parrott. Norwood. Dozzell etc

Stick to the usual scapegoats please

But I agree. I'm not sure what sort of player he is and cant see at present any hopes for him playing higher

Hes very stiff on the ball. Doesnt look comfortable in the box. Runs almost into every space Norwood runs into and doesnt seem to figure that out for some reason.

I'm sure being 19 hes got plenty of time to improve. But when you see the likes of wickham come through here parrott is miles off and older.

[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 17:04]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Am I watching the same Troy Parrott as everyone else on 17:06 - Mar 6 with 3019 viewsRonFearonsHair

I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for him. He's playing an incredibly important role to link the midfield to the striker ahead of him and as a kid he's finding it very difficult. I feel that he needs to be taken out of the firing line for his own good and start being brought on as a striker when we are starting to create more chances.
Am I watching the same Troy Parrott as everyone else on 17:06 - Mar 6 with 3013 viewsDeano69

Am I watching the same Troy Parrott as everyone else on 17:02 - Mar 6 by chrismakin

But I agree. I'm not sure what sort of player he is and cant see at present any hopes for him playing higher

Hes very stiff on the ball. Doesnt look comfortable in the box. Runs almost into every space Norwood runs into and doesnt seem to figure that out for some reason.

I'm sure being 19 hes got plenty of time to improve. But when you see the likes of wickham come through here parrott is miles off and older.

Not sure what his 2 yard pass to the opposition was about today.

He is decent off the ball, but we really need him decent on the ball.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Am I watching the same Troy Parrott as everyone else on 17:07 - Mar 6 with 2999 viewsblueislander

He is better than the other loanees, but that is not saying a lot.
Am I watching the same Troy Parrott as everyone else on 17:08 - Mar 6 with 3010 viewschrismakin

Am I watching the same Troy Parrott as everyone else on 17:06 - Mar 6 by RonFearonsHair

I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for him. He's playing an incredibly important role to link the midfield to the striker ahead of him and as a kid he's finding it very difficult. I feel that he needs to be taken out of the firing line for his own good and start being brought on as a striker when we are starting to create more chances.

What baffles me is hes being asked to do the opposite of what he was brought in to do.

He left millwall as he and spurs wanted him to play as a striker to score goals. Weve basically continued to use him as incorrectly as millwall did.

Hes another player who needs to play in a front 2 and we dont and wont under PC play with 2 up top either so hes another wasted loan

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Am I watching the same Troy Parrott as everyone else on 17:27 - Mar 6 with 2872 viewsBlue1885

He hasn’t scored a senior goal yet and I am beginning to wonder if it’s all hype ?
Am I watching the same Troy Parrott as everyone else on 17:42 - Mar 6 with 2792 views81Legends

I still think he'll end up playing at a higher level than anyone else in our squad. What amazes me is that people feel like having a cut at him (a very young January loanee) rather than the players who have practically lived out their careers here and are considered wonderful by playing one good game in six. Parrott is certainly not the reason we are where we are.
Am I watching the same Troy Parrott as everyone else on 17:44 - Mar 6 with 2770 viewschrismakin

Am I watching the same Troy Parrott as everyone else on 17:42 - Mar 6 by 81Legends

I still think he'll end up playing at a higher level than anyone else in our squad. What amazes me is that people feel like having a cut at him (a very young January loanee) rather than the players who have practically lived out their careers here and are considered wonderful by playing one good game in six. Parrott is certainly not the reason we are where we are.

But what do you see that makes you think he will play higher

Login to get fewer ads

Am I watching the same Troy Parrott as everyone else on 17:45 - Mar 6 with 2760 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Am I watching the same Troy Parrott as everyone else on 17:27 - Mar 6 by Blue1885

He hasn’t scored a senior goal yet and I am beginning to wonder if it’s all hype ?

Less goals than Aaron Drinan. That's quite special.
Am I watching the same Troy Parrott as everyone else on 17:46 - Mar 6 with 2756 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Am I watching the same Troy Parrott as everyone else on 17:49 - Mar 6 with 2733 viewsTheBoyBlue

Am I watching the same Troy Parrott as everyone else on 17:42 - Mar 6 by 81Legends

Don't that's being suggested is it? But I agree with OP. Don't see the point of him being here, at least from our perspective. Same with Bennetts. That's not to say they won't do well as they mature at a higher level at some point. Right now though, they don't seem all that good and goodness knows we've got enough deadwood that we own and need to get rid of without bringing more in that will only benefit their parent clubs.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Am I watching the same Troy Parrott as everyone else on 17:51 - Mar 6 with 2720 viewsBluedanW

Am I watching the same Troy Parrott as everyone else on 17:46 - Mar 6 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Not one of our loanees offer anything more than we already have at the club.
Am I watching the same Troy Parrott as everyone else on 18:08 - Mar 6 with 2668 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Am I watching the same Troy Parrott as everyone else on 17:02 - Mar 6 by chrismakin

I mean 19. Remember when we had Tristan Nydam playing 20-30 games in championship when he was 18. Like I’m sure he’s got quality but like you say he just doesn’t look comfortable at all.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Am I watching the same Troy Parrott as everyone else on 18:50 - Mar 6 with 2549 viewsGeoffSentence

First time I have seen him action today. Lost count of the number of times he gave the ball away. Once or twice in the most odd ways, it was like he was asleep at times.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Am I watching the same Troy Parrott as everyone else on 18:51 - Mar 6 with 2546 views81Legends

Am I watching the same Troy Parrott as everyone else on 17:49 - Mar 6 by TheBoyBlue

Don't that's being suggested is it? But I agree with OP. Don't see the point of him being here, at least from our perspective. Same with Bennetts. That's not to say they won't do well as they mature at a higher level at some point. Right now though, they don't seem all that good and goodness knows we've got enough deadwood that we own and need to get rid of without bringing more in that will only benefit their parent clubs.

I agree with you. It was asking a lot for young loanees to come into a struggling team and basket case environment in January and expect them to turn the whole show around. Even more so when you know the business end of this league is probably not going to be a stage for silky football. If we were in a healthier state, a lad coming off the bench for the last 20 minutes could do an impactful job, almost as a luxury. Problem is we're a bit of a mess and needed more. Even our more experienced players struggle with consistency (the good kind anyway!) and younger players take time in that department. Time that we can ill afford.
The other, older loanees, have disappointed too which hasn't helped us.

Who knows if Parrott will make it to the top table. We've seen plenty of our own lads with promise go either way over the years. I just think he has something about him. My comment was as much a reflection of the group. I hope they all make it!
Am I watching the same Troy Parrott as everyone else on 18:56 - Mar 6 with 2524 viewsjayessess

Parrott's a weird one. I watch him and a gut feeling tells me there's an excellent player in there, but... he's not having much of an impact. Someone mentioned that his movement is good, but it isn't like he's missed a stackful of chances or anything.

Seems likely to me we've agreed with Spurs to leave him in the 1st team.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Am I watching the same Troy Parrott as everyone else on 19:01 - Mar 6 with 2504 viewsrattram

Am I watching the same Troy Parrott as everyone else on 18:56 - Mar 6 by jayessess

Parrott's a weird one. I watch him and a gut feeling tells me there's an excellent player in there, but... he's not having much of an impact. Someone mentioned that his movement is good, but it isn't like he's missed a stackful of chances or anything.

Seems likely to me we've agreed with Spurs to leave him in the 1st team.

I don't think Parrott could score in a brothel if I gave him my Mastercard.
Am I watching the same Troy Parrott as everyone else on 19:02 - Mar 6 with 2502 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Just to be clear.. nobody is doing that

Am I watching the same Troy Parrott as everyone else on 19:04 - Mar 6 with 2491 viewsjayessess

Am I watching the same Troy Parrott as everyone else on 19:01 - Mar 6 by rattram

I've no idea if his finishing is good, bad or indifferent because he barely sees the whites of the goalposts.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Am I watching the same Troy Parrott as everyone else on 19:05 - Mar 6 with 2483 viewschrismakin

Am I watching the same Troy Parrott as everyone else on 19:01 - Mar 6 by rattram

Lots of spurs fans mention his social media and out of club mentality. I dont know what that's all about but whilst in the spurs u18 he was banging goals in from all angle. Inside the box. From 30 yards etc... but they arent sure what's happening with him as he seems to be going backwards.

Am I watching the same Troy Parrott as everyone else on 19:20 - Mar 6 with 2422 viewsGarv

He's been pretty good foil for Norwood on the whole. I didn't see today so can't judge on that but at Hull, for example, he was the opposite of what you describe. Touch, link up, physicality, keeping possession. The only thing missing was a final ball or finish, which is obviously the big topic for him.

Barring a last ditch foul you'd have to assume he'd have scored at Accrington. If he had we might be cutting him more slack.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Am I watching the same Troy Parrott as everyone else on 19:27 - Mar 6 with 2380 viewsTedBrownLives

Maybe we are expecting too much from him? (because we desperately need it!!)

I think he's a clever player and has skill. Good chance to make it big in the future.

If he gets to the big-time, it will be interesting to read his autobiography regarding the time he was parachuted into the war-zone at Portman Road. It has been a mad few weeks in Sleepy Suffolk.
Am I watching the same Troy Parrott as everyone else on 20:14 - Mar 6 with 2270 viewsThe_Realist_09

Can't quite believe what I'm reading. One of our more intelligent players. He's a bit raw still I'll give you that but I think some of that comes with trying a little too hard. Once he's a bit more cultured I believe he will play at a high level and he's been good for us. Unlucky not to have a goal, even today! Also robbed of an assist when Sears was flagged offside in his debut. His running for the team is unreal along with some good link up play when we do get it down.
Am I watching the same Troy Parrott as everyone else on 20:28 - Mar 6 with 2217 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Skilful but ineffective.

Clearly will be a very good player but isn't yet.

Whether he will be able to learn to finish to become a top striker I am not sure. Maybe will end up playing more deeper lying as he currently is.

Certainly has a lot to learn. Far from what we need.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Am I watching the same Troy Parrott as everyone else on 20:57 - Mar 6 with 2141 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Am I watching the same Troy Parrott as everyone else on 20:14 - Mar 6 by The_Realist_09

Can't quite believe what I'm reading. One of our more intelligent players. He's a bit raw still I'll give you that but I think some of that comes with trying a little too hard. Once he's a bit more cultured I believe he will play at a high level and he's been good for us. Unlucky not to have a goal, even today! Also robbed of an assist when Sears was flagged offside in his debut. His running for the team is unreal along with some good link up play when we do get it down.

So what I read from this is. He runs a lot, he nearly scored, nearly got an assist

We need players who are going to help us get promoted this season. He isn't that

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024