Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst Celebrity Football Fans 13:45 - Mar 10 with 7162 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I always used to laugh at my Palace supporting friend - Ronny Corbett and Eddie Izzard...

Honourable mention for Aston Villa (David Cameron)
Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 16:55 - Mar 10 with 2647 viewsBlueandTruesince82

A bit tenuous but Michael Jackson as a Fulham fan doesn't look great anymore does it.

Have they still got the statue?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 17:14 - Mar 10 with 2621 viewsIllinoisblue

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 14:41 - Mar 10 by Steve_M

Any mention of Tim Lovejoy should be followed by a re-read of Taylor Parkes' review of his book:

https://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/42-Media/145-no-love-no-joy

Never gets old.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 17:17 - Mar 10 with 2622 viewsBlueBadger

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 14:32 - Mar 10 by hype313

He's by far the worst as he was a Watford fan that switched to Chelsea upon Abramovich's arrival.

Super human scum.

See also: David Mellor. Didn't he switch from Fulham to Chelsea?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 17:18 - Mar 10 with 2618 viewsMattinLondon

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 14:32 - Mar 10 by hype313

He's by far the worst as he was a Watford fan that switched to Chelsea upon Abramovich's arrival.

Super human scum.

Is that true?
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 17:19]
Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 17:56 - Mar 10 with 2586 viewsstringy

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 16:09 - Mar 10 by Radlett_blue

I was talking to a girl at a party years ago & she claimed the Captain drank in her local pub. I asked her if he was sensible & she replied "Whenever I've seen him, he's been paralytic".

he comes across as a lot of fun, was meant to see them last spring til everything got shut down
Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 18:39 - Mar 10 with 2564 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 15:30 - Mar 10 by PhilTWTD

My uncle was at that game, funnily enough. The story about an extra player being sneaked on was apparently made up, by quite a famous journalist if I remember rightly. I read a book about it.

A journalist making things up? Surely such things can't happen.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 18:44]

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 20:48 - Mar 10 with 2484 viewsPhilTWTD

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 18:39 - Mar 10 by Tangledupin_Blue

A journalist making things up? Surely such things can't happen.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 18:44]

I know, I was shocked.
Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 21:02 - Mar 10 with 2470 viewsWeWereZombies

Hatchet job on Spurs by a Leeds fan here, it's a bit all over the place but the revelation that Richard Littlejohn is not Spurs worst celebrity fan makes it worth a skim read at least:

https://roblufc.org/2015/07/29/the-top-ten-most-embarrassing-celebrity-spurs-fan
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 21:04]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 21:35 - Mar 10 with 2444 viewsSteve_M

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 21:02 - Mar 10 by WeWereZombies

Hatchet job on Spurs by a Leeds fan here, it's a bit all over the place but the revelation that Richard Littlejohn is not Spurs worst celebrity fan makes it worth a skim read at least:

https://roblufc.org/2015/07/29/the-top-ten-most-embarrassing-celebrity-spurs-fan
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 21:04]

Written whilst Jimmy Saville was still alive and only presumed to be dodgy as feck presumably?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 22:06 - Mar 10 with 2421 viewsWeWereZombies

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 21:35 - Mar 10 by Steve_M

Written whilst Jimmy Saville was still alive and only presumed to be dodgy as feck presumably?

There are claims on Twitter that Savile was a Celtic supporter, didn't stop some Leeds fans chanting that he was one of their own and one so called supporter dressing up as him two or three years ago.. Every club has idiots who follow the team but are more interested in drawing attention to themselves I guess.

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 22:44 - Mar 10 with 2387 viewstractordownsouth

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 15:54 - Mar 10 by jontysnut

Prince William and Villa

Tony Blair and Newcastle

At the other end of the scale I was watching Are You Being Served with Arthur English who has been chairman of Aldershot and designed the 'phoenix' club's new badge.

Prince William always comes across quite well whenever he's interviewed.

The worst Villa 'fan', as others have pointed out, is David Cameron.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 22:59 - Mar 10 with 2371 viewsjeera

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 16:49 - Mar 10 by StochesStotasBlewe

Benito Mussolini supported Lazio, no surprise there.

Fulham have the smug Hugh Grant.

Can someone remind him they owe us a friendly?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 10:12 - Mar 11 with 2261 viewsSeablu

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 15:30 - Mar 10 by PhilTWTD

My uncle was at that game, funnily enough. The story about an extra player being sneaked on was apparently made up, by quite a famous journalist if I remember rightly. I read a book about it.

Passovotchka by David Downing?

One of the best football-related books I’ve read...along with with Alan Brazil’s insightful and thought-provoking masterpiece, obvs.
Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 10:42 - Mar 11 with 2244 viewsRadlett_blue

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 16:55 - Mar 10 by BlueandTruesince82

A bit tenuous but Michael Jackson as a Fulham fan doesn't look great anymore does it.

Have they still got the statue?

New Fulham owner Shahid Khan had it taken down in September 2013. It was originally due to be erected at Harrods before Fayed sold the Knightsbridge store.
It had a brief reign in the National Football Museum in Manchester before they figured out Michael Jackson wasn't exactly flavour of the month & it was removed from there in March 2019.
Probably now in a warehouse along with Cecil Rhodes, Edward Colston & other undesirables.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 11:29 - Mar 11 with 2225 viewstractordownsouth

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 10:42 - Mar 11 by Radlett_blue

New Fulham owner Shahid Khan had it taken down in September 2013. It was originally due to be erected at Harrods before Fayed sold the Knightsbridge store.
It had a brief reign in the National Football Museum in Manchester before they figured out Michael Jackson wasn't exactly flavour of the month & it was removed from there in March 2019.
Probably now in a warehouse along with Cecil Rhodes, Edward Colston & other undesirables.

Fulham got relegated that season and Al-Fayed said that it was because of the statue removal.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/06/fulham-relegation-due-to-michae

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 11:47 - Mar 11 with 2209 viewsThrobbe

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 14:41 - Mar 10 by Steve_M

Any mention of Tim Lovejoy should be followed by a re-read of Taylor Parkes' review of his book:

https://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/42-Media/145-no-love-no-joy

Ah, it has been a while since I read it.

The only thing that could possibly improve it is actual slow motion footage of the Neil Ruddock tackle with a close up of Lovejoy's face at the end.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 11:52]

TWTD Cycling Herbert

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 12:24 - Mar 11 with 2170 viewsChiefXL

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 13:48 - Mar 10 by Keno

Adolf Hitler supported Borussia Dortmund

No he didn't
He loosely supported their arch-rivals, Shalke
Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 13:21 - Mar 11 with 2150 viewsWeWereZombies

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 10:42 - Mar 11 by Radlett_blue

Maybe I'm gullible but I have never been convinced by the allegations against Michael Jackson. The recent doubts about the reliability of Martin Bashir's interview came as no surprise to me.

So I find it weird that a few Leeds fans are actually willing to 'own' proven paedophile Savile (do they do this with Peter Sutcliffe too?) but I am unaware of Fulham supporters going overboard for never convicted Jackson.

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 15:02 - Mar 11 with 2117 viewsRadlett_blue

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 13:21 - Mar 11 by WeWereZombies

Maybe I'm gullible but I have never been convinced by the allegations against Michael Jackson. The recent doubts about the reliability of Martin Bashir's interview came as no surprise to me.

So I find it weird that a few Leeds fans are actually willing to 'own' proven paedophile Savile (do they do this with Peter Sutcliffe too?) but I am unaware of Fulham supporters going overboard for never convicted Jackson.

I don't think Fulham fans had a particularly negative view of Jackson; they just found it bizarre to have a statue of him outside their ground when his sole connection with the club was to have seen one game as a guest of Fayed.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 15:03 - Mar 11 with 2117 viewsPhilTWTD

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 10:12 - Mar 11 by Seablu

Passovotchka by David Downing?

One of the best football-related books I’ve read...along with with Alan Brazil’s insightful and thought-provoking masterpiece, obvs.

Yes, agree, a really good book. Was looking around for it when I was typing that post but couldn't see it. Must have lent it to someone.
Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 15:11 - Mar 11 with 2108 viewsWeWereZombies

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 15:02 - Mar 11 by Radlett_blue

I don't think Fulham fans had a particularly negative view of Jackson; they just found it bizarre to have a statue of him outside their ground when his sole connection with the club was to have seen one game as a guest of Fayed.

Or they have good taste when it comes to sculpture and didn't want to embarrass Michael further...

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 15:19 - Mar 11 with 2103 viewsfooters

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 15:11 - Mar 11 by WeWereZombies

Or they have good taste when it comes to sculpture and didn't want to embarrass Michael further...

Bloody hell, the Rezillos! Don't hear them much these days. Might spend the afternoon relistening to them now.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 16:19 - Mar 11 with 2085 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Just to add to the great Tim Lovejoy quotes this from football 365

Lovejoy is ‘one of the lads’, when even four out of five of those lads think he is a d*ck. He is a man about whom even his best friend could wince and say “yes, I can see how he rubs people up the wrong way”, before showing you the WhatsApp group that Tim doesn’t know about.

Wonder if Simon Rimmer thinks he's a tw@t?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024