Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apparently Chris Wilder might be getting sacked 10:31 - Mar 12 with 2604 viewstractordownsouth

From the outside, that seems a bit of a strange decision, despite how terrible they've been.

I guess he'll be next season's Eddie Howe - linked with every single bottom half Premier League and top half Championship job, with a few deluded League One fans actually thinking he'd take the job at their club.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Apparently Chris Wilder might be getting sacked on 10:36 - Mar 12 with 2563 viewsclive_baker

Think he's fallen out with the owners. I saw there was some talk about them bringing in someone to work with him which he was against. All feels a bit harsh given he took them up and they did so well last season, particularly given the timing of it. They won't stay up this season, so why not give him time to rebuild and make a call 10 games into Championship life? There's no loyalty in football now though.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Apparently Chris Wilder might be getting sacked on 10:36 - Mar 12 with 2557 viewsSteve_M

Rommy was hinting at some def info earlier.

It seems a bit late in the season to effect a real change in form and harsh after the previous three seasons. Hindsight suggests that had Joe Royle had the whole of 2002-03 we might have gone straight back up so maybe that;s the goal for Sheffield United now.

I'm not totally convinced that Wilder will be such a success elsewhere though, although it will be interesting to see.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Apparently Chris Wilder might be getting sacked on 10:37 - Mar 12 with 2533 viewsGeoffSentence

They should be careful what they wish for.

What thy shouldn't wish for is a lower league manager with a penchant for taking pictures of men in pants

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Apparently Chris Wilder might be getting sacked on 10:44 - Mar 12 with 2482 viewsdavblue

Apparently Chris Wilder might be getting sacked on 10:36 - Mar 12 by Steve_M

Rommy was hinting at some def info earlier.

It seems a bit late in the season to effect a real change in form and harsh after the previous three seasons. Hindsight suggests that had Joe Royle had the whole of 2002-03 we might have gone straight back up so maybe that;s the goal for Sheffield United now.

I'm not totally convinced that Wilder will be such a success elsewhere though, although it will be interesting to see.

He's had a good career wherever he's been to be fair to him.

He just needs to not forget what made him successful like others who have managed in the prem.
Apparently Chris Wilder might be getting sacked on 10:48 - Mar 12 with 2440 viewstractordownsouth

Apparently Chris Wilder might be getting sacked on 10:37 - Mar 12 by GeoffSentence

They should be careful what they wish for.

What thy shouldn't wish for is a lower league manager with a penchant for taking pictures of men in pants

Hurst's a Wednesday fan anyway so I don't think they need to worry about him

Apparently Chris Wilder might be getting sacked on 10:48 - Mar 12 with 2437 viewsMrTown

He has been sacked.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Apparently Chris Wilder might be getting sacked on 10:50 - Mar 12 with 2421 viewsWD19

Apparently Chris Wilder might be getting sacked on 10:36 - Mar 12 by clive_baker

Think he's fallen out with the owners. I saw there was some talk about them bringing in someone to work with him which he was against. All feels a bit harsh given he took them up and they did so well last season, particularly given the timing of it. They won't stay up this season, so why not give him time to rebuild and make a call 10 games into Championship life? There's no loyalty in football now though.

A few of his post match interviews recently have been a bit 'off message' - moaning about the lack of quality at the club and how he has been forced to pick players he would rather not play because he doesn't have the quality in the squad.
Apparently Chris Wilder might be getting sacked on 10:52 - Mar 12 with 2405 viewsChurchman

He’s done an absolutely brilliant job there and has a great affinity with the club. Reminds me a little bit of the George Burley situation here, only they aren’t about to go bankrupt to my knowledge.

Wilder’s been manager there five years. Maybe his time there has just run it’s course. I wonder who they’ll go for next? Would have been a good job for Cook, though he’s possibly a bit too low level for them.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2021 10:53]
Login to get fewer ads

Apparently Chris Wilder might be getting sacked on 10:52 - Mar 12 with 2402 viewsGeoffSentence

Apparently Chris Wilder might be getting sacked on 10:48 - Mar 12 by tractordownsouth

Hurst's a Wednesday fan anyway so I don't think they need to worry about him

I could have been talking about any lower league manager with a fancy for photos of men in pants.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Apparently Chris Wilder might be getting sacked on 11:16 - Mar 12 with 2278 viewstractordownsouth

Apparently Chris Wilder might be getting sacked on 10:52 - Mar 12 by Churchman

He’s done an absolutely brilliant job there and has a great affinity with the club. Reminds me a little bit of the George Burley situation here, only they aren’t about to go bankrupt to my knowledge.

Wilder’s been manager there five years. Maybe his time there has just run it’s course. I wonder who they’ll go for next? Would have been a good job for Cook, though he’s possibly a bit too low level for them.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2021 10:53]

Although I don't think he'd take what is effectively a Championship job, I do think that Eddie Howe would be a good fit there and for him it'd be a much better job to take rather than going to Crystal Palace or Newcastle and fighting for 17th place every year. The same goes for Frank Lampard.

Perhaps Seve Cooper at Swansea may fancy it if they don't go up? Or a return for Warnock!?!?

Apparently Chris Wilder might be getting sacked on 11:37 - Mar 12 with 2232 viewsTrequartista

Yet again a manager sacked for doing too well. Had he been more gradual with their climb e.g. promotion from league one, stabilise in the championship, and currently in the playoff zone he would still be in a job. Ridiculous.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Apparently Chris Wilder might be getting sacked on 11:42 - Mar 12 with 2205 viewsSaigonTractor

I've seen apparently the board want to bring a Director of Football in, and Wilder is dead against it.

Considering some of the transfers he's made, he should probably be more open to having someone else figure out who to buy.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2021 11:45]
Apparently Chris Wilder might be getting sacked on 12:18 - Mar 12 with 2108 viewsSwansea_Blue

Apparently Chris Wilder might be getting sacked on 11:37 - Mar 12 by Trequartista

Yet again a manager sacked for doing too well. Had he been more gradual with their climb e.g. promotion from league one, stabilise in the championship, and currently in the playoff zone he would still be in a job. Ridiculous.

Crazy isn't it. Daft owners thinking they can throw a few quid at it and succeed against clubs that have been building their PL squad for years. As we found out (and many others have too) it's relatively easy to have a decent first season riding on momentum, but as soon as you start having to add to the squad as a new, little club in the PL it becomes much, much harder. Very few clubs can establish themselves in the mid term.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Apparently Chris Wilder might be getting sacked on 12:49 - Mar 12 with 2008 viewsChurchman

Apparently Chris Wilder might be getting sacked on 11:16 - Mar 12 by tractordownsouth

Although I don't think he'd take what is effectively a Championship job, I do think that Eddie Howe would be a good fit there and for him it'd be a much better job to take rather than going to Crystal Palace or Newcastle and fighting for 17th place every year. The same goes for Frank Lampard.

Perhaps Seve Cooper at Swansea may fancy it if they don't go up? Or a return for Warnock!?!?

I can’t see Howe going there, despite me feeling he’d do a great job for them. Warnock: too old. I could see them going for Wycombe’s Ainsworth maybe? What about McCarthy? He comes from that part of the world and would get them back I up with the resources at their disposal.
Apparently Chris Wilder might be getting sacked on 13:10 - Mar 12 with 1935 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Ahem..

Those of the punting persuasion.. by The_Romford_Blue 12 Mar 2021 8:32
Chris Wilder to be next manager to leave in the Premier League is 7/1 with Paddy Power. May be worth a few pence this morning within the next half hour possibly..

Gamble responsibly folks as always

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Apparently Chris Wilder might be getting sacked on 14:32 - Mar 12 with 1749 viewsdavblue

Apparently Chris Wilder might be getting sacked on 12:18 - Mar 12 by Swansea_Blue

Crazy isn't it. Daft owners thinking they can throw a few quid at it and succeed against clubs that have been building their PL squad for years. As we found out (and many others have too) it's relatively easy to have a decent first season riding on momentum, but as soon as you start having to add to the squad as a new, little club in the PL it becomes much, much harder. Very few clubs can establish themselves in the mid term.

this is when you find out who are the well run clubs and who have the managers papering over the cracks.

Sheff United are obviously trying to become a well run club but time will tell if getting rid of Wilder was the right decision.
Apparently Chris Wilder might be getting sacked on 14:35 - Mar 12 with 1723 viewsdavblue

Apparently Chris Wilder might be getting sacked on 12:49 - Mar 12 by Churchman

I can’t see Howe going there, despite me feeling he’d do a great job for them. Warnock: too old. I could see them going for Wycombe’s Ainsworth maybe? What about McCarthy? He comes from that part of the world and would get them back I up with the resources at their disposal.

Ainsworth pound for pound is probably doing one of the best jobs in the league.

His style of football is what will stop him getting better jobs atm. He hasn't proven he can set up a team to play more football but his achievement at Wycombe have been nothing short of fantastic.
Apparently Chris Wilder might be getting sacked on 14:35 - Mar 12 with 1720 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

He's gone

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024