Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Those of the punting persuasion.. 08:32 - Mar 12 with 7771 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Chris Wilder to be next manager to leave in the Premier League is 7/1 with Paddy Power. May be worth a few pence this morning within the next half hour possibly..

Gamble responsibly folks as always
[Post edited 12 Mar 2021 8:32]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Those of the punting persuasion.. on 08:35 - Mar 12 with 4068 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Those of the punting persuasion.. on 08:37 - Mar 12 with 4054 viewsmarchy

Down to 3-1 now...another one of your gooduns I suspect!
Those of the punting persuasion.. on 08:37 - Mar 12 with 4053 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

In the 5 minutes since posting this it’s gone to 5/1.. and then 4/1... and now 3/1

9am perhaps

Those of the punting persuasion.. on 08:40 - Mar 12 with 4029 viewsSitfcB

2/1.

What have you heard?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Those of the punting persuasion.. on 09:02 - Mar 12 with 3984 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

10/11 now... in half an hour

We shall see

Those of the punting persuasion.. on 09:18 - Mar 12 with 3914 viewsVaughan8

I read the other day that Sheff Utd we're going to wait until they were relegated to get rid of him as it would cost them considerably less.

I think with these markets it only takes a few bets and it sways a lot. However that is quite a drop in a short space of time.
Those of the punting persuasion.. on 09:39 - Mar 12 with 3860 viewsTheReverendSpooner

Not the form of punting to which you refer, no doubt, but this bought to mind some charming memories from yesteryear.

Many years ago now, I had a parishioner who used to create the most marvellous pottery from her studio on a remote island in the Fens. The waterways were her only form of communication with the outside world, and we would often travel those waterways together; she would lay back and relax, whilst I would collect the supplies and clay with her punt. Delightful days.

There veritably is only one Sticky Mockwell, don't you know.

Those of the punting persuasion.. on 10:04 - Mar 12 with 3798 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

If you haven’t already, time to bet this lads.

He’s 100% going. On very good authority now that he’s on the way out

Login to get fewer ads

Those of the punting persuasion.. on 10:05 - Mar 12 with 3794 viewsearlsgreenblue

Those of the punting persuasion.. on 09:39 - Mar 12 by TheReverendSpooner

Not the form of punting to which you refer, no doubt, but this bought to mind some charming memories from yesteryear.

Many years ago now, I had a parishioner who used to create the most marvellous pottery from her studio on a remote island in the Fens. The waterways were her only form of communication with the outside world, and we would often travel those waterways together; she would lay back and relax, whilst I would collect the supplies and clay with her punt. Delightful days.

Top man.
Those of the punting persuasion.. on 10:10 - Mar 12 with 3768 viewsBlueStreak

Those of the punting persuasion.. on 10:04 - Mar 12 by The_Romford_Blue

If you haven’t already, time to bet this lads.

He’s 100% going. On very good authority now that he’s on the way out

1/5 on Sky Bet now hahah
Those of the punting persuasion.. on 10:17 - Mar 12 with 3721 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Those of the punting persuasion.. on 09:39 - Mar 12 by TheReverendSpooner

Too few up-votes...

Look at the posters name (and Google it if it doesn't mean anything) and then re-read the last bit of the penultimate sentence.
Those of the punting persuasion.. on 10:22 - Mar 12 with 3680 viewsMetal_Hacker

Just broke on TalkSport !!!

Well done Romers

Poll: If it were one or the other

Those of the punting persuasion.. on 10:23 - Mar 12 with 3670 viewsTractorCam

Those of the punting persuasion.. on 10:10 - Mar 12 by BlueStreak

1/5 on Sky Bet now hahah

Not that it's even worth it now but where do you find it on SkyBet?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Those of the punting persuasion.. on 10:23 - Mar 12 with 3660 viewsMetal_Hacker

Got my £40 on at 6/4...pay for the takeaway tonight

Cheers fella

Poll: If it were one or the other

Those of the punting persuasion.. on 10:24 - Mar 12 with 3653 viewsVaughan8

Those of the punting persuasion.. on 10:23 - Mar 12 by TractorCam

I think its widely known now (its rumoured on bbc website.....) so probably taken off now
Those of the punting persuasion.. on 10:24 - Mar 12 with 3647 viewsPassionNotAnger

Those of the punting persuasion.. on 10:23 - Mar 12 by TractorCam

Market closed on Sky now - saw Rommers post a bit late but still managed to get on it at 6/4 so still good return.

Managers bets are under football, specials, managers and then pick from that list normally
Those of the punting persuasion.. on 10:25 - Mar 12 with 3627 viewsTractorCam

Those of the punting persuasion.. on 10:24 - Mar 12 by PassionNotAnger

Market closed on Sky now - saw Rommers post a bit late but still managed to get on it at 6/4 so still good return.

Managers bets are under football, specials, managers and then pick from that list normally

Ah ok, that's where i was looking. Shocked not to see Lambert in the running for the Germany job!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Those of the punting persuasion.. on 10:38 - Mar 12 with 3531 viewsDecageBruce

Hi Romers,

Saw your posts about the racing scandal etc. Just wondered if you'd made a finial decision on your previously great Cheltenham updates?
[Post edited 12 Mar 2021 10:41]
Those of the punting persuasion.. on 10:47 - Mar 12 with 3490 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Those of the punting persuasion.. on 10:38 - Mar 12 by DecageBruce

Hi Romers,

Saw your posts about the racing scandal etc. Just wondered if you'd made a finial decision on your previously great Cheltenham updates?
[Post edited 12 Mar 2021 10:41]

Decided I will do the daily previews. Had a think about it. Done them on here for 7 years now and also these days also send them elsewhere but they’re popular. And in general, they’ve been very popular on TWTD. So I’ll lost them for sure

Those of the punting persuasion.. on 10:54 - Mar 12 with 3452 viewsSteve_M

Those of the punting persuasion.. on 10:47 - Mar 12 by The_Romford_Blue

Decided I will do the daily previews. Had a think about it. Done them on here for 7 years now and also these days also send them elsewhere but they’re popular. And in general, they’ve been very popular on TWTD. So I’ll lost them for sure

Good. I'm not really interested but others clearly are and the board is a better place when there is that kind of dialogue going on.

Is it really seven years though? Bloody hell.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Those of the punting persuasion.. on 10:56 - Mar 12 with 3442 viewsTonytown

Great news, always good to read and they are very informative.

Have you any thoughts before Cheltenham at all, with the ground changing meaning a lot of the last 3 months form on heavy ground is not quite what it seems.

Only got on at 1/3, but a profit of 33% is not to be sniffed at.

Keep up the good work
Those of the punting persuasion.. on 11:08 - Mar 12 with 3396 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Those of the punting persuasion.. on 10:56 - Mar 12 by Tonytown

Great news, always good to read and they are very informative.

Have you any thoughts before Cheltenham at all, with the ground changing meaning a lot of the last 3 months form on heavy ground is not quite what it seems.

Only got on at 1/3, but a profit of 33% is not to be sniffed at.

Keep up the good work

Kind words - thanks.

Personally mate I’ve been betting on the festival antepost all year. Got some quite incredible positions from it. A few odds on shots at 6/1. Obviously the down side is tying up money for a year.

Most exciting bet is a few tenners (totals about £80) on Shishkin and Envoi Allen at around 20/1 average price. The double is now around Even money. Obviously that would pay a four figure sum which would get me a near enough profit festival with 26 other races still to play. Fingers crossed.

As for the ground, it’ll be good to soft on day 1. They may even have to water on the Monday. Only shame is I won’t be there for it. My week in Cheltenham in the posh hotel with my mate is the highlight of the year for me.

Those of the punting persuasion.. on 11:23 - Mar 12 with 3341 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Those of the punting persuasion.. on 10:54 - Mar 12 by Steve_M

Good. I'm not really interested but others clearly are and the board is a better place when there is that kind of dialogue going on.

Is it really seven years though? Bloody hell.

It is. I only joined TWTD as a way of asking Texters about Section 6. Think I was about 14 at the time. So 8 years ago.

And then a year into my TWTD time, I did the first Cheltenham preview and haven’t stopped since.

Thanks. Kind words.

Those of the punting persuasion.. on 11:59 - Mar 12 with 3251 viewsDecageBruce

Glad to hear it, thanks.

Always welcome and useful when I am deciding where to lose my money
Those of the punting persuasion.. on 12:02 - Mar 12 with 3237 viewsMVBlue

Nice tip!! Hes gone.

PP also offering free fivers on Cheltenham starting this wkend

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024