Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In shock.... 14:41 - Mar 19 with 5342 viewsDebsyAngel

Got a text to book my vaccine at 1145 - took it up and given the choices of today, tomorrow or Sunday. I am crap at doing things with no planning, but have booked in tomorrow at Trinity Park 1045 am.

I called my doctors to check if I am ok to get my Dad to take me, even though he lives separately and it is fine to.

I am shocked at scraping in this quickly, but also relieved as having to wait until May like I thought the other day after the news on the delayed supplies, made me go on a downward spiral.

I have had palpitations,, clammy and so scared - just hope I can sleep later on!
In shock.... on 14:42 - Mar 19 with 2424 viewsLord_Lucan

What are you scared about?

I went to Trinity and it was an absolute breeze.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

In shock.... on 14:44 - Mar 19 with 2418 viewsBlueBadger

Having had mine and done chauffeur detail for a few more, they all appear to run like absolute clockwork.

You have nothing to fear, I can assure you.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

In shock.... on 14:45 - Mar 19 with 2407 viewsSwailsey

This is a good thing! Probably better that you have less time to worry and think about it.

Very positive that you have got this - you are lucky :)

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

In shock.... on 14:45 - Mar 19 with 2396 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Great to hear, Debsy. You've been desperate for it, and this time tomorrow you will have had it. In 12 days time you will have a pretty decent immune response should you spend any time with a Covid carrier, and by the end of May will be pretty near to completely protected.

Smile, relax, take a breath and be extra nice to all the staff tomorrow!
In shock.... on 14:46 - Mar 19 with 2385 viewsBudapestByBlimp

Congratulations, I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine as have the many millions of people who have had the vaccine.
In shock.... on 14:47 - Mar 19 with 2373 viewsJ2BLUE

I didn't think it would be too long for you but didn't want to get your hopes up. I haven't mentioned it because I didn't want you to worry about being missed but I had mine on February 25th. My surgery was the first place in Ipswich to start and they had the cold storage for the Pfizer vaccine so started sooner.

Really pleased for you! It's honestly over so quick you'll barely feel it.

Congrats!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

In shock.... on 14:47 - Mar 19 with 2373 viewsDebsyAngel

In shock.... on 14:42 - Mar 19 by Lord_Lucan

What are you scared about?

I went to Trinity and it was an absolute breeze.

It's just me and my stupid anxiety disorder. Will try to calm down...
In shock.... on 14:52 - Mar 19 with 2334 viewsDebsyAngel

In shock.... on 14:45 - Mar 19 by Swailsey

This is a good thing! Probably better that you have less time to worry and think about it.

Very positive that you have got this - you are lucky :)

I am really suprised, and realised I AM lucky. I was gutted when asthma sufferers were not in Priority 6 anymore, but I guess because of that and that I am not far off 50, that is why I was chosen.
Login to get fewer ads

In shock.... on 14:53 - Mar 19 with 2332 viewsBlueBadger

In shock.... on 14:47 - Mar 19 by DebsyAngel

As a pro tip, don't make any plans for the follow 24 hours and have a good stash of paracetamol in. Basically, plan for as if you're about to have a dose of 24 hour flu.

That said, as you've been shielding extremely diligently, I'd expect you probably not to have much reaction as you've likely not had covid and in my anecdotal experience it's those of us who's had it seem to be getting side effects more.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2021 14:54]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

In shock.... on 14:55 - Mar 19 with 2313 viewsJ2BLUE

In shock.... on 14:53 - Mar 19 by BlueBadger

As a pro tip, don't make any plans for the follow 24 hours and have a good stash of paracetamol in. Basically, plan for as if you're about to have a dose of 24 hour flu.

That said, as you've been shielding extremely diligently, I'd expect you probably not to have much reaction as you've likely not had covid and in my anecdotal experience it's those of us who's had it seem to be getting side effects more.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2021 14:54]

I had no reaction. Had to run my hand over my arm to even see where it was injected, but then I am hard as nails innit.

Truly impaired.

In shock.... on 14:57 - Mar 19 with 2291 viewsfactual_blue

You'll be fine. Nothing to worry about - you probably won't even notice having it.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

In shock.... on 14:59 - Mar 19 with 2273 viewsLord_Lucan

In shock.... on 14:47 - Mar 19 by DebsyAngel

You'll be fine. It is so easy and well organised and everyone is super friendly.

Do you remember Stoppit and Tidyup?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

In shock.... on 15:01 - Mar 19 with 2262 viewsSitfcB

In shock.... on 14:55 - Mar 19 by J2BLUE

I had no reaction. Had to run my hand over my arm to even see where it was injected, but then I am hard as nails innit.

I’m a right pussy when it comes to injections, mind you can’t remember the last time I even had one. But I’ve heard the needle for these jabs aren’t even the size of a hair and can’t even feel it.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

In shock.... on 15:02 - Mar 19 with 2232 viewsKeno

Nice one!!

Had mine last weekend, just felt a small prick

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

In shock.... on 15:02 - Mar 19 with 2232 viewsDebsyAngel

In shock.... on 14:59 - Mar 19 by Lord_Lucan

You'll be fine. It is so easy and well organised and everyone is super friendly.

Do you remember Stoppit and Tidyup?

The name rings a bell....was it a kids TV show or advert campaign?
In shock.... on 15:02 - Mar 19 with 2230 viewshomer_123

The TWTD massive will be supporting you Debs....it'll be just fine.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

In shock.... on 15:03 - Mar 19 with 2233 viewsJ2BLUE

In shock.... on 15:01 - Mar 19 by SitfcB

I’m a right pussy when it comes to injections, mind you can’t remember the last time I even had one. But I’ve heard the needle for these jabs aren’t even the size of a hair and can’t even feel it.

It concerned me at the time that I barely felt it. You wonder if they did it properly. She said you'll feel a slight scratch. I was still waiting for it when it was over.

Truly impaired.

In shock.... on 15:03 - Mar 19 with 2228 viewsDebsyAngel

I am OK with needles, as I am used to having a flu jab and blood tests. I am glad yours went well.
In shock.... on 15:03 - Mar 19 with 2226 viewsBlueBadger

Are you sure your phobia isn't linked to people saying 'little prick' to you?
[Post edited 19 Mar 2021 15:04]

In shock.... on 15:04 - Mar 19 with 2222 viewsJ2BLUE

In shock.... on 15:02 - Mar 19 by Keno

Nice one!!

Had mine last weekend, just felt a small prick

Must...resist...

Truly impaired.

In shock.... on 15:12 - Mar 19 with 2191 viewsLord_Lucan

In shock.... on 15:02 - Mar 19 by DebsyAngel

The name rings a bell....was it a kids TV show or advert campaign?

It was a kids TV show.

It may be my stoopid sense of humour but I thought of it when you said you need to calm yourself down.

In the program whenever Stoppit was playing up Tidyup used to give him a good bounce to calm him down.

If you are bored it's in this episode

In shock.... on 15:29 - Mar 19 with 2127 viewsSitfcB

In shock.... on 15:03 - Mar 19 by BlueBadger

Are you sure your phobia isn't linked to people saying 'little prick' to you?
[Post edited 19 Mar 2021 15:04]

It excites me every single time.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

In shock.... on 15:33 - Mar 19 with 2107 viewsGeoffSentence

I had the flu jab for the first time at the end of last year and the covid jab a week and a half ago. I don't know if it was down to the relative skill of the jabbers, or a difference in the jabs themselves but the covid jab was less troublesome than the flu jab. Wasn't entirely convinced they had really done it.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

In shock.... on 15:35 - Mar 19 with 2095 viewsPhilTWTD

Glad to hear it, I had mine yesterday.
In shock.... on 15:36 - Mar 19 with 2090 viewsPJH

In shock.... on 15:33 - Mar 19 by GeoffSentence

I had the flu jab for the first time at the end of last year and the covid jab a week and a half ago. I don't know if it was down to the relative skill of the jabbers, or a difference in the jabs themselves but the covid jab was less troublesome than the flu jab. Wasn't entirely convinced they had really done it.

Since November I have had my first ever flu jab, my first covid AND a shingles jab all with no problems or reactions.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024