Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook 15:00 - Mar 20 with 5010 viewshaynes_toe1

Influential subs?
Half time motivational team-talk?
Change of shape or formation to have a positive influence during a game?

I really hope it's just down to personnel but then it begs the question if it was worth getting rid of Lambert. I'm sure it will be because Lambert is one of the worst managers i've ever seen manage us - it's just concerning that i've seen no real difference from one of our worst ever to what should be one of our better appointments, if posts on here are anything to go by.

Still, plenty of time for him and time to get his own players in at the end of the season could see a big change.
Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 16:19 - Mar 20 with 2287 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 15:03 - Mar 20 by ArnieM

And what exactly do you expect him to get out of this shower if shyte that is Lamberts squad ??

Please give me an answer ....

How do YOU propose to get a silk purse out of a Sows ear ?

Off you go then .... let’s have your ideas .

Cowley needed just 15 mins to turn his side into something that resembled close to a football team! Make no mistake that Pompey team is dreadful and we will be playing them again next season but even they got a new manager bounce today something we haven’t had for 3/4 managers now!
Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 16:21 - Mar 20 with 2286 viewspointofblue

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 16:19 - Mar 20 by ColchesterBlue1985

Cowley needed just 15 mins to turn his side into something that resembled close to a football team! Make no mistake that Pompey team is dreadful and we will be playing them again next season but even they got a new manager bounce today something we haven’t had for 3/4 managers now!

Cowley might take Portsmouth up.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 16:24 - Mar 20 with 2280 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 16:19 - Mar 20 by ColchesterBlue1985

I think you're over-exaggerating the bounce from Cowley. The game deserved to be a draw.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 16:25 - Mar 20 with 2274 viewsRadlett_blue

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 16:21 - Mar 20 by pointofblue

Cowley might take Portsmouth up.

Ainsworth got Wycombe promoted by playing terrible football last season, so it can be done in this league, although they've unsurprisingly not been good enough for the Championship. Not looking forward to playing them next season, or the return of yo-yo Rotherham.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 16:32 - Mar 20 with 2256 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 16:24 - Mar 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

I think you're over-exaggerating the bounce from Cowley. The game deserved to be a draw.

Ok either way he got a reaction from his players. Second half we were chasing shadows. Best team won for me. Cook (which has to be said at this point was my first choice for the job) has so flattered to deceive for me. Maybe I expect too much? Maybe my dreams are unrealistic? But all I ask is to be competitive in the poxy 3rd division!!!
Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 16:34 - Mar 20 with 2255 viewsgtsb1966

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 16:32 - Mar 20 by ColchesterBlue1985

Ok either way he got a reaction from his players. Second half we were chasing shadows. Best team won for me. Cook (which has to be said at this point was my first choice for the job) has so flattered to deceive for me. Maybe I expect too much? Maybe my dreams are unrealistic? But all I ask is to be competitive in the poxy 3rd division!!!

We will be....next season .
Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 16:37 - Mar 20 with 2242 viewsmrshallisfit

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 15:51 - Mar 20 by jas0999

Cook didn’t have a fair opportunity. The sacking of PL was far to late. Cook can’t bring in new players. Inherited a terrible squad of players.

And who ultimately makes all those decisions? The same helicopter riding f##ckwit that has presided over 13 years of decline. If there is a decision to make 9 out of 10 times he'll get it wrong. God I hope the takeover deal can somehow be reassurected.
Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 17:26 - Mar 20 with 2229 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's a funny one. People wanted rid of Lambert because apparently we have a group of players plenty good enough to win promotion, and probably automatically. And now the consensus is that the players aren't good enough. Cook's got off to a slow start, but I don't want to judge him on that. He probably needs at least the summer to try and shape this into his team (whether he gets any signings he wants is another matter).

I've never bought into our players being too good for the league - we've seen too many bad performances over the last 2 years to kill off that misconception. Yet they can do some nice bits of stuff occasionally. The run form Norwood and pass by Edwards were both top class, for example.

We were decent first half today, and then second half never got going. I felt we were out-willed in that second half. They wanted it more and sustained the tempo better than we could. And of course, it was a stupid switching off for their 2nd, with Chambo and Edwards stopping and hoping to get a throw in. it was only a second, but that was enough to let them get in behind and make the most of the space. Again, we didn't want to defend as much as Pompey wanted it.

From what the Pompey commentators were saying, the Cowleys have made an immediate impact in how they are playing. We haven't quite seen that from Cook yet. It's early doors though and hopefully it will all start to click in time.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 17:47 - Mar 20 with 2216 viewshaynes_toe1

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 17:26 - Mar 20 by Swansea_Blue

It's a funny one. People wanted rid of Lambert because apparently we have a group of players plenty good enough to win promotion, and probably automatically. And now the consensus is that the players aren't good enough. Cook's got off to a slow start, but I don't want to judge him on that. He probably needs at least the summer to try and shape this into his team (whether he gets any signings he wants is another matter).

I've never bought into our players being too good for the league - we've seen too many bad performances over the last 2 years to kill off that misconception. Yet they can do some nice bits of stuff occasionally. The run form Norwood and pass by Edwards were both top class, for example.

We were decent first half today, and then second half never got going. I felt we were out-willed in that second half. They wanted it more and sustained the tempo better than we could. And of course, it was a stupid switching off for their 2nd, with Chambo and Edwards stopping and hoping to get a throw in. it was only a second, but that was enough to let them get in behind and make the most of the space. Again, we didn't want to defend as much as Pompey wanted it.

From what the Pompey commentators were saying, the Cowleys have made an immediate impact in how they are playing. We haven't quite seen that from Cook yet. It's early doors though and hopefully it will all start to click in time.

Swansea, that's exactyl what I have a bit of an issue with. I quite like Cook and he deserves a bit of time, no one is doubting that.

But its very hypocritical to see the same posters who only weeks ago claimed the squad was good enough but Lambert wasn't to suddenly now decide the players aren't good enough.
Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 18:17 - Mar 20 with 2202 viewsmr_bean

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 16:03 - Mar 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

You haven't got a clue about football. You just slate every manager as soon as they arrive because you know 90% of Ipswich managers fail. And it's simply to look good (in your own mind) on here. I've yet to see you "objectively analyse football."

Thankfully most if us can see through it.

I do think we should give him some credit, though, when he says "baring in mind".

He is certainly very bare in mind.
Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 18:36 - Mar 20 with 2178 viewshaynes_toe1

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 18:17 - Mar 20 by mr_bean

I do think we should give him some credit, though, when he says "baring in mind".

He is certainly very bare in mind.

If you need to get personal it suggests I've hit a nerve.

Probably something to do with grown men getting giddy every single time we appoint a new manager and refuse to see what's going on until its too late.

Again, and again, and again. Its a good job a large part of me has fallen out of love with ITFC some time ago or I'd be angry at how soft our fanbase often is.
Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 20:40 - Mar 20 with 2131 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 18:36 - Mar 20 by haynes_toe1

If you need to get personal it suggests I've hit a nerve.

Probably something to do with grown men getting giddy every single time we appoint a new manager and refuse to see what's going on until its too late.

Again, and again, and again. Its a good job a large part of me has fallen out of love with ITFC some time ago or I'd be angry at how soft our fanbase often is.

It could be down to hitting a nerve... or it could be that you're just a negative poster who lacks patience and isn't prepared to give any manager a fair chance before knocking them, just so you can say 'I told you so' on a football messageboard, due to having low self esteem and a small willy.

I'm sure we all have our own ideas on which.

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 21:07 - Mar 20 with 2117 viewschrismakin

Not sure what bounce you saw, like PC said, we basically came up with a way to lose the game, it wasn't through being well beaten by Pompy

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 21:10 - Mar 20 with 2114 viewschrismakin

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 17:26 - Mar 20 by Swansea_Blue

Again though if true, I still say that says alot about our players more than PC, players raised and nurtured by lambert for the past 2.5 years, hence the reason Lambert had to go, unfortunately the damage seems to be at such a deep root level it's not something that can be sorted by just pointing at a whiteboard and moving some coloured markers about.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 22:50 - Mar 20 with 2090 viewsreusersfreekicks

Very true re change in angle on player quality....I am disappointed that Cook hasn't done better so far and not got more from the players. I don't hold with the new belief that they are not good enough or that they are ok with losing
Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 23:10 - Mar 20 with 2073 viewsRocky

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 20:40 - Mar 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

It could be down to hitting a nerve... or it could be that you're just a negative poster who lacks patience and isn't prepared to give any manager a fair chance before knocking them, just so you can say 'I told you so' on a football messageboard, due to having low self esteem and a small willy.

Haynes Toe 1 is a massive Nodge fan.
Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 23:18 - Mar 20 with 2069 viewshaynes_toe1

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 20:40 - Mar 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

*sigh* says the guy who is universally regarded on here as a self-righteous tw*t.

Fair. At least you're consistent, I guess.
Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 23:57 - Mar 20 with 2045 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 23:18 - Mar 20 by haynes_toe1

*sigh* says the guy who is universally regarded on here as a self-righteous tw*t.

Fair. At least you're consistent, I guess.

I've been called many things but never that. So you can't even get your insults right.

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 00:57 - Mar 21 with 2025 viewshaynes_toe1

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 23:57 - Mar 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

I've been called many things but never that. So you can't even get your insults right.

What, consistent?

Yeah, maybe I was a little hasty with that one.
Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 07:19 - Mar 21 with 1998 viewsTractorWood

The timing of the sacking of Lambert was ridiculous. Evans waited until he actually won a few games which were decent results. Vintage.

I see lots of blaming the squad which is fair and it will take ages for Cook to turn the squad around which is absolute dross. The initial results have been underwhelming though.

The true problem is Evans. The summer will be interesting to see if Cook is actually allowed to make meaningful decisions like cutting some of the legacy deadwood. The setup and wider infrastructure is obviously a massive problem too.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 10:12 - Mar 21 with 1954 viewsRadlett_blue

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 07:19 - Mar 21 by TractorWood

The timing of the sacking of Lambert was ridiculous. Evans waited until he actually won a few games which were decent results. Vintage.

I see lots of blaming the squad which is fair and it will take ages for Cook to turn the squad around which is absolute dross. The initial results have been underwhelming though.

The true problem is Evans. The summer will be interesting to see if Cook is actually allowed to make meaningful decisions like cutting some of the legacy deadwood. The setup and wider infrastructure is obviously a massive problem too.

While the timing was curious & I can only guess related to negotiating a severance package, the plus is that Cook will have had decent time to assess the squad & decide which players he wants to keep for next season.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 10:17 - Mar 21 with 1953 viewspointofblue

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 10:12 - Mar 21 by Radlett_blue

While the timing was curious & I can only guess related to negotiating a severance package, the plus is that Cook will have had decent time to assess the squad & decide which players he wants to keep for next season.

It’s a horrible thing to say but I do wonder if Lambert suffering from Covid had anything to do with it? Or possibly the takeover negotiations which eventually led to the potential new owners forcing Evans’ hand, only for that to hit a stumbling block. The timing was very odd.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 16:40 - Mar 21 with 1931 viewspstudd

This is a group of players who, over the past three seasons, [arguably more] have developed a losing mentality. They lack consistency and stamina, as well as belief. Realistically, this not something a new manager can transform overnight.
Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 17:04 - Mar 21 with 1907 viewsChurchman

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 16:32 - Mar 20 by ColchesterBlue1985

I don’t think Klopp, the Cowley’s, Mourinho or anyone else could get anything from these. The players know that they don’t have to perform. It’s somebody else’s fault. When their contract is up, the agent will get them a move to the Premier League or top Championship where they belong and in the meantime they can doss it amongst the other 45 players. Easy.

Ok I’m exaggerating, but the malaise at the club is blindingly obvious. Mediocrity, no identity, no professionalism. It’s been that way for years and is the culture of the club. Can Cook change it? Fingers and toes crossed, but the reality is that Evans has to go. Without that, I fear we will continue to decline.
Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 17:10 - Mar 21 with 1905 viewschrismakin

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 17:04 - Mar 21 by Churchman

I don’t think Klopp, the Cowley’s, Mourinho or anyone else could get anything from these. The players know that they don’t have to perform. It’s somebody else’s fault. When their contract is up, the agent will get them a move to the Premier League or top Championship where they belong and in the meantime they can doss it amongst the other 45 players. Easy.

Ok I’m exaggerating, but the malaise at the club is blindingly obvious. Mediocrity, no identity, no professionalism. It’s been that way for years and is the culture of the club. Can Cook change it? Fingers and toes crossed, but the reality is that Evans has to go. Without that, I fear we will continue to decline.

You're pretty much spot on TBF

These players won't be short of offers, their agents will do a solid job in selling them. There is no need bust a gut for this club and that's the biggest problem, they all know it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024