Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous 09:45 - Apr 3 with 12800 viewsMullet

The latest findings from one teaching union found the following https://www.nasuwt.org.uk/article-listing/covid-impacts-on-teacher-mental-health

No other profession had the constant scrutiny and scapegoating from the government and its media chums did it? But the anonymous survey reveals grim reading at a time when people are trying to support each other still.

Then Hunt goes on to tweet some of the most tone deaf and sinister rhetoric aiming this at people.

You couldn’t get hawking the latest populist gimmick more wrong if you tried.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 23:06 - Apr 4 with 688 viewsSpruceMoose

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 23:02 - Apr 4 by 26_Paz

It teaches them to respect the state. The state that is providing them with an education. Teaches them to be thankful for the things they have that many less fortunate children around the world yearn for.

Ah. Classic cap doffer. Kiss that ring Paz!

I'd rather teach them to question the state. I'd rather teach them to think for themselves. I'd rather equip them with the skills to truthfully assess Britain's position in the world rather than be mindless flag shaggers.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 23:08 - Apr 4 with 687 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 22:23 - Apr 4 by Mullet

https://schoolsweek.co.uk/20000-pupils-assigned-to-faith-schools-despite-request

You do understand that faith schools and academies are funded by both right? That’s what was being pointed out to you.

Also if you study the history of this country’s education system the role of the church is massive. I’m not sure what point you think you are arguing here.

Don't many (most?) academy chain providers actually make money from our education system rather than provide funding? In other words, some of our taxes are paying these private businesses to profit from running our schools.

It would only be a small number (possibly faith ones alone) where the administrators would put funding into running them wouldn't it?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 23:13 - Apr 4 with 675 views26_Paz

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 23:06 - Apr 4 by SpruceMoose

Ah. Classic cap doffer. Kiss that ring Paz!

I'd rather teach them to question the state. I'd rather teach them to think for themselves. I'd rather equip them with the skills to truthfully assess Britain's position in the world rather than be mindless flag shaggers.

That’s ok, we have different opinions. There’s no scandal here.

The Paz Man

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 23:16 - Apr 4 with 664 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 23:08 - Apr 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

Don't many (most?) academy chain providers actually make money from our education system rather than provide funding? In other words, some of our taxes are paying these private businesses to profit from running our schools.

It would only be a small number (possibly faith ones alone) where the administrators would put funding into running them wouldn't it?

Interesting upvote, Paz. You are for private companies profiting from our taxes and gaining the freedom to influence our education system too. I suppose it fits with your free market ideologies.

You are happy that many of these companies are Scandinavian or run by friends of Government and get favourable treatment by Ofsted so that the quality of their provision is not properly assessed?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 23:21 - Apr 4 with 645 viewsMattinLondon

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 22:46 - Apr 4 by 26_Paz

Thank you for the clarification.

Reminds of the time Michael Winner asked the BBC to apologise as ‘Have I Got News For You’joked that he had dirty underwear. Sometimes the apology, or clarification, makes the original complaint even more ridiculous.
Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 23:21 - Apr 4 with 639 views26_Paz

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 23:16 - Apr 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

Interesting upvote, Paz. You are for private companies profiting from our taxes and gaining the freedom to influence our education system too. I suppose it fits with your free market ideologies.

You are happy that many of these companies are Scandinavian or run by friends of Government and get favourable treatment by Ofsted so that the quality of their provision is not properly assessed?

Up vote was based on verification of my earlier point that vast majority of funding comes from taxpayer.
I don’t agree with academies at all. I think they are a waste of time and money.

The Paz Man

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 23:23 - Apr 4 with 633 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Leadership material to make Ipswich proud.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 23:23 - Apr 4 with 632 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 23:21 - Apr 4 by 26_Paz

Up vote was based on verification of my earlier point that vast majority of funding comes from taxpayer.
I don’t agree with academies at all. I think they are a waste of time and money.

Are you for an entirely private education system instead?

Is your same logic applied towards NHS funding?

Login to get fewer ads

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 23:29 - Apr 4 with 618 views26_Paz

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 23:23 - Apr 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

Are you for an entirely private education system instead?

Is your same logic applied towards NHS funding?

No, I don’t have a problem with private schools. If rich people want to spend their money on that then I don’t see that as any of my business. State schools should be state schools though. I don’t see how this academy malarkey adds anything to education.
Health is a little more complicated. I don’t have an issue with rich people taking out private health insurance, it doesn’t bother me. I do think that state hospitals should, in the main be just that, I do think the private sector may have a role to play in research and development etc though. Again, just my opinion.

The Paz Man

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 23:29 - Apr 4 with 617 viewsbournemouthblue

Yes, all very Tory

What's also quite bad is that public assets have essentially been given to Private Companies because local authorities aren't to be trusted

Interestingly, the completely local authority run London based schools were the top performing comprehensives in the country

When Newsnight explained this to then Education Minister 'rabbit in the headlights' Nicky Morgan looked incredibly confused and had no answer

Tom Hunt is an absolute disgrace, ERG member and Trumpian Tory of the very worst kind, how the hell does he represent our Town?
[Post edited 4 Apr 2021 23:30]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 23:33 - Apr 4 with 609 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 23:29 - Apr 4 by bournemouthblue

Yes, all very Tory

What's also quite bad is that public assets have essentially been given to Private Companies because local authorities aren't to be trusted

Interestingly, the completely local authority run London based schools were the top performing comprehensives in the country

When Newsnight explained this to then Education Minister 'rabbit in the headlights' Nicky Morgan looked incredibly confused and had no answer

Tom Hunt is an absolute disgrace, ERG member and Trumpian Tory of the very worst kind, how the hell does he represent our Town?
[Post edited 4 Apr 2021 23:30]

To be fair, if Nicky Morgan actually knew her stuff she would also know that those London schools have received something like 4x the per pupil funding that Suffolk schools do. Perhaps she didn't want to admit that, though.

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 23:36 - Apr 4 with 594 viewswkj

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 23:02 - Apr 4 by 26_Paz

It teaches them to respect the state. The state that is providing them with an education. Teaches them to be thankful for the things they have that many less fortunate children around the world yearn for.

The state is not there to be respected - We're not totalitarian yet.

Civil liberties on the other hand...

Quite honestly you've more or less described communism - let that sink in.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2021 23:38]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 00:24 - Apr 5 with 544 viewsmonytowbray

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 23:36 - Apr 4 by wkj

*Morgan Freeman voice*

“He didn’t let that sink in.”

Should add, I’m sure you mean communism in historic practice and not theory. Always important to make that distinction with folk like Paz.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 0:28]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 00:30 - Apr 5 with 539 viewswkj

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 00:24 - Apr 5 by monytowbray

*Morgan Freeman voice*

“He didn’t let that sink in.”

Should add, I’m sure you mean communism in historic practice and not theory. Always important to make that distinction with folk like Paz.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 0:28]

I would have provided a link if I had confidence he was going to read it

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 07:44 - Apr 5 with 461 viewsMullet

They are not supposed to! This is why their finances need to be scrutinised. The biggest scandal are these super heads on £250-500k and they simply ignore anything questioning that. I believe there are a handful of these across the country now

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 08:44 - Apr 5 with 434 viewsMullet

I appreciate this thread has seen lots of chicanery onto the flag issue, but going back to the first link. Williamson has come out with this to the same union https://www.tes.com/news/watch-far-too-many-teachers-leaving-says-williamson?fbc

It baffles me important services like educating health are presided over by non experts, but it’s on his watch that so much has gone wrong. I would love to see the training and assessment he has gone through.

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 09:01 - Apr 5 with 413 viewsHerbivore

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 08:44 - Apr 5 by Mullet

I appreciate this thread has seen lots of chicanery onto the flag issue, but going back to the first link. Williamson has come out with this to the same union https://www.tes.com/news/watch-far-too-many-teachers-leaving-says-williamson?fbc

It baffles me important services like educating health are presided over by non experts, but it’s on his watch that so much has gone wrong. I would love to see the training and assessment he has gone through.

Teachers don't need more training to improve attrition rates, they need working conditions that don't cause them to have a nervous breakdown within a couple of years of qualifying.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 09:30 - Apr 5 with 396 viewseastangliaisblue

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 23:36 - Apr 4 by wkj

GoFundMe page set up for a one way ticket to North Korea anyone?
Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 09:41 - Apr 5 with 391 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 08:44 - Apr 5 by Mullet

It was ever the case that ministers have little to no experience or understanding of their brief and I'm not sure how one gets round this; it is in the nature of the system that ministers meddle.

Some ministers seem to view their brief as a rung on the ladder so want to "make their mark". Others drive a political agenda ignoring any advice the professionals may give (Williamson's "I am confident that this (training) is going to feature strongly" statement about Collins' yet to be written report seems to me a case in point), yet others leap uncritically on any idea that the professionals hand them.

Rare, indeed, is the minister who says "I want to improve this" and then critically appraises and discusses options with stakeholders. Even five year fixed term parliaments don't help this short-termism. Holistic and strategic approaches to services such as education and health, if they exist, are constantly undermined by the tactical approaches of different ministers, sometimes different ministers within the life of a parliament.

Of course under certain governments "big ticket" items like education and health will always be under pressure to reduce spending and whilst financial efficiency is to be lauded it too often is the driver for inappropriate reform.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024