Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Takeover and posting information 08:17 - Apr 4 with 3543 viewssaffers12

I did say a few days ago I am not going to post again but last nights post dragged me in.

I honestly think based on how much people love our club and want to see change, that the post is disgusting if not true.

Is it pure attention you want? Which you got, so well done.

I will apologise with a donation to a nominated charity of greyhounds choice if it is true.
Takeover and posting information on 08:20 - Apr 4 with 3059 viewsStokieBlue

Why not wait and see if it is true rather than posting a rant and then saying you'll apologise later and give to a charity?

Do you go about doing that in other areas of your life? Accusing people of things and then apologising with a bit of bribery later?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Takeover and posting information on 08:30 - Apr 4 with 2938 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

And this forum think it’s Twitter that houses all the idiots.
Takeover and posting information on 08:31 - Apr 4 with 2942 viewssaffers12

Takeover and posting information on 08:20 - Apr 4 by StokieBlue

Why not wait and see if it is true rather than posting a rant and then saying you'll apologise later and give to a charity?

Do you go about doing that in other areas of your life? Accusing people of things and then apologising with a bit of bribery later?

SB

He is claiming it is done, I get if true he can not reveal how he knows.

However Phil says no.

You have to admit greyhound has fully nailed his colours to the mast. If proven to be bs , he should be banned

If bs, it is on the same rung of those that claim they have cancer when they don't
Takeover and posting information on 08:31 - Apr 4 with 2924 viewsfooters

Takeover and posting information on 08:20 - Apr 4 by StokieBlue

SB

Been lots of childish impatience for weeks now.

The other thread looks like Premature Ejaculators Anonymous.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Takeover and posting information on 08:32 - Apr 4 with 2911 viewschicoazul

Takeover and posting information on 08:31 - Apr 4 by saffers12

However Phil says no.

You have to admit greyhound has fully nailed his colours to the mast. If proven to be bs , he should be banned

If bs, it is on the same rung of those that claim they have cancer when they don't

Mate.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Takeover and posting information on 08:33 - Apr 4 with 2897 viewsWD19

Which would presumably make your post disgusting if it is true? Attention seeking either way.

Or shall we compromise and just call it ‘entirely unnecessary’ (?)
Takeover and posting information on 08:34 - Apr 4 with 2879 viewsfooters

However Phil says no.

How old are you?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Takeover and posting information on 08:35 - Apr 4 with 2862 viewsStokieBlue

However Phil says no.

That's an awful post.

Step away from the keyboard, go for a nice walk or meet some friends outside with social distancing.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Takeover and posting information on 08:38 - Apr 4 with 2836 viewsHealysBackPocket

However Phil says no.

Bit early to be on the booze ain’t it? That’s the only reason I can think that someone would make such an idiotic comparison.
Takeover and posting information on 08:44 - Apr 4 with 2768 viewsRedWhiteAndBLUE

However Phil says no.

Get a grip mate!
Takeover and posting information on 08:44 - Apr 4 with 2772 viewsGuthrum

However Phil says no.

There is a space between accurate information and bs, where people receive information they believe to be true, from normally reputable sources.

Now somebody may have jumped the gun or made a wrong assumption somewhere down the line, but that is not the same as an outright fabrication and may be reported in good faith.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Takeover and posting information on 08:51 - Apr 4 with 2668 viewssaffers12

Takeover and posting information on 08:44 - Apr 4 by Guthrum

There is a space between accurate information and bs, where people receive information they believe to be true, from normally reputable sources.

Now somebody may have jumped the gun or made a wrong assumption somewhere down the line, but that is not the same as an outright fabrication and may be reported in good faith.

Thanks i agree with this but they should not post as factual

So I get pelters for questioning a post that is probably not true about such a significant part of history for Town,

We have signed Messi, although you all know that is not true but with the takeover we getting fully emotionally invested
Takeover and posting information on 08:52 - Apr 4 with 2668 viewsbluelagos

However Phil says no.

And breathe...

+1 for the idea of a 'clear your head' walk. Or get some music on, a film on, you know what relaxes you :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Takeover and posting information on 08:55 - Apr 4 with 2627 viewsWD19

Takeover and posting information on 08:51 - Apr 4 by saffers12

So I get pelters for questioning a post that is probably not true about such a significant part of history for Town,

We have signed Messi, although you all know that is not true but with the takeover we getting fully emotionally invested

I can only speak for myself, but I think the pelters are mostly because you are being a bit of a tit.
Takeover and posting information on 08:57 - Apr 4 with 2613 viewsOldsmoker

There's no need to be so concerned. It matters not.
I have followed, supported, celebrated and despaired about ITFC for 50+ years and regardless of the owner/manager/players I will continue to do so.
I just hope for a bit more celebration than despair. My bar is that low at the moment.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Takeover and posting information on 09:03 - Apr 4 with 2536 viewsGuthrum

Everything posted on this forum about the club carries an implied preface of "To the best of my knowlege ...", unless there is direct confirmation from ITFC. Even (or especially) the claims of "Def Info".

I think people were reacting to the anger you were expressing towards someone who is only sharing something which they have heard and believe to be true - and which has not yet been proven either way. Indeed, which might be partially accurate (e.g. there may have been significant movement on the deal but not actually completed yet).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Takeover and posting information on 09:07 - Apr 4 with 2499 viewsbluelagos

Nah, the pelters are mainly for the comment that someone bullsh1ting about inside knowledge is as bad as someone pretending they have cancer.

Which to be blunt, is an utterly ridiculous comparison.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Takeover and posting information on 09:10 - Apr 4 with 2475 viewssaffers12

Takeover and posting information on 08:55 - Apr 4 by WD19

I can only speak for myself, but I think the pelters are mostly because you are being a bit of a tit.

I think it is potentially very irresponsible to post definate information when people are desperate for that news when it is probably not true.It could have consequences for those that struggle with their mental health or struggle to process information
Takeover and posting information on 09:11 - Apr 4 with 2453 viewsMullet

Takeover and posting information on 09:10 - Apr 4 by saffers12

I think it is potentially very irresponsible to post definate information when people are desperate for that news when it is probably not true.It could have consequences for those that struggle with their mental health or struggle to process information

Accusing people of attention seeking and showing concern about mental health is a look...

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Takeover and posting information on 09:13 - Apr 4 with 2433 viewsCoastalblue

Takeover and posting information on 09:10 - Apr 4 by saffers12

Suppose it's true? Should they just not post at all? Wait for the offical announcement?

I've never posted def info ever, only been in the position to do so twice and they were both young loans so didn't.

I am confident this will happen within 3 weeks though, and no I don't have cancer to the best of my knowledge.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Takeover and posting information on 09:16 - Apr 4 with 2380 viewsSwailsey

However Phil says no.

Wtf.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Takeover and posting information on 09:22 - Apr 4 with 2298 viewsDubtractor

However Phil says no.

Jesus Christ mate.

WTAF?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Takeover and posting information on 09:22 - Apr 4 with 2286 viewssaffers12

Takeover and posting information on 09:13 - Apr 4 by Coastalblue

Suppose it's true? Should they just not post at all? Wait for the offical announcement?

I've never posted def info ever, only been in the position to do so twice and they were both young loans so didn't.

I am confident this will happen within 3 weeks though, and no I don't have cancer to the best of my knowledge.

Mate, I fully understand your point i do

I also would give my right nut for greyhound to be right as every single fan wants to see a better Ipswich, this creates tension

I still think in this difficult times we need to be careful about what we post

I do apologise for the link to cancer
Takeover and posting information on 09:34 - Apr 4 with 2189 viewsCheltenham_Blue

No, you didn't get 'pelters' for questioning a post that none of us know is true or not.
You got pelters for bracketing that post with pretending to have cancer.

Go and have a day off here if this has got you that riled up.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Takeover and posting information on 09:42 - Apr 4 with 2105 viewsMetal_Hacker

However Phil says no.

Soft tw4t

Poll: If it were one or the other

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024