Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone have a fear that >>> 18:01 - Apr 4 with 4847 viewsmadmouse1959

This takeover could end up as even a bigger disaster ? It is just a thought after watching this club get decisions so wrong for the last 20 years.

shampoo dave

Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 18:08 - Apr 4 with 3979 viewsJ2BLUE

It's a possibility. As you say though, the club has been mismanaged for a long term so it's a calculated risk worth taking IMO. When terrible owners come in and a team collapses they tend to get re-sold very quickly. We've had all this time of a slow demise leading to our current half existence.

I'd say a takeover by Gamechangers has very limited scope to be worse and plenty of upside.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 18:13 - Apr 4 with 3953 viewsjayessess

Don't really know what there is to fear at this point, really. We're run so incompetently that we're sat mid-table in a league where 3/4 of the teams are less than half our size. There's no significant assets to strip from the club and no profit to be realised from the club without success on the pitch.

The only possible "big disaster" I can see is that the new owners chuck too much money at it, it doesn't work and they have to sell it to someone else.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 18:29 - Apr 4 with 3898 viewsVic

We could indeed end up worse off if results and league position don’t start to improve fairly quickly. A corporate buy out in it for a profit are not going to be as patient as ME has been.

However, the fact that they are in it to make a profit is the very thing that suggests they will invest enough to make that happen.

Personally I don’t like the thought of us just being a profit making investment for some big company, it’s very much not the Ipswich way.

But it’s got to the point where it seems pretty unlikely tha5 ME is not going to change things enough to turn it round. He’s ploughed millions into the club, but it’s not enough to change things for the better, and he’s demonstrated over and over again that hasn’t got the skills and nohow to know how to run a football club and make the right decisions.

So it’s time he sold the club and let someone else have a go. Am I happy about the prospective buyers? Not really, but if they change the momentum of the club and get us in a better position before selling us it’s got to be better than 5 more years of slow decline under ME.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 18:38 - Apr 4 with 3855 viewsjayessess

Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 18:29 - Apr 4 by Vic

We could indeed end up worse off if results and league position don’t start to improve fairly quickly. A corporate buy out in it for a profit are not going to be as patient as ME has been.

However, the fact that they are in it to make a profit is the very thing that suggests they will invest enough to make that happen.

Personally I don’t like the thought of us just being a profit making investment for some big company, it’s very much not the Ipswich way.

But it’s got to the point where it seems pretty unlikely tha5 ME is not going to change things enough to turn it round. He’s ploughed millions into the club, but it’s not enough to change things for the better, and he’s demonstrated over and over again that hasn’t got the skills and nohow to know how to run a football club and make the right decisions.

So it’s time he sold the club and let someone else have a go. Am I happy about the prospective buyers? Not really, but if they change the momentum of the club and get us in a better position before selling us it’s got to be better than 5 more years of slow decline under ME.

The Marcus Evans Group is also a big company that bought us as a profit making investment.

Also, the club's normal revenues are perfectly competitive in League One, there's absolutely no reason why a lack of instant success would endanger our financial stability.

Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 18:39 - Apr 4 with 3847 viewsKieran_Knows

More of a disaster than these last 13 years?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 18:40 - Apr 4 with 3838 viewsMeadowlark

Yes.
Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 18:42 - Apr 4 with 3825 viewsChrisd

Let’s see if this happens first. If it does, then we can start worrying about whether our new owners will be better than ME.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 18:42 - Apr 4 with 3824 viewsLeaky

Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 18:13 - Apr 4 by jayessess

Don't really know what there is to fear at this point, really. We're run so incompetently that we're sat mid-table in a league where 3/4 of the teams are less than half our size. There's no significant assets to strip from the club and no profit to be realised from the club without success on the pitch.

The only possible "big disaster" I can see is that the new owners chuck too much money at it, it doesn't work and they have to sell it to someone else.

Wasn't that where Marcus Evans came in buy us spend a few bob get us to the "promised land" sell us at a profit. That worked out well didn't it. So now we go through the whole process again, hopefully some one gets it right. J2 replied to a previous post I made when I pointed out we could end up like Bury. J2 pointed out we could also end up like Southampton or Leicester., I agree I guess its a risk we take.
Login to get fewer ads

Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 18:44 - Apr 4 with 3814 viewsVic

Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 18:38 - Apr 4 by jayessess

The Marcus Evans Group is also a big company that bought us as a profit making investment.

Also, the club's normal revenues are perfectly competitive in League One, there's absolutely no reason why a lack of instant success would endanger our financial stability.

But I do think that ME does have a sense of responsibility for the club and increasingly sees himself as a bit of a custodian to look after it. (Hence his stated desire not to sell it to just anyone who makes an offer, and apparently turning down some offers 8n the past)

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 18:44 - Apr 4 with 3811 viewsblueprint

Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 18:42 - Apr 4 by Leaky

Wasn't that where Marcus Evans came in buy us spend a few bob get us to the "promised land" sell us at a profit. That worked out well didn't it. So now we go through the whole process again, hopefully some one gets it right. J2 replied to a previous post I made when I pointed out we could end up like Bury. J2 pointed out we could also end up like Southampton or Leicester., I agree I guess its a risk we take.

“We could end up like Southampton or Leicester?” What in the Premier league?
Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 18:47 - Apr 4 with 3776 viewsChurchman

If it happens yes, it’s a possibility. But continuous decline and decay under Evans is a certainty. The club is disappearing, fading away. A takeover means a chance of a future for the club. It’s only a chance but I’ll take that.
Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 18:54 - Apr 4 with 3739 viewsjayessess

Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 18:44 - Apr 4 by Vic

But I do think that ME does have a sense of responsibility for the club and increasingly sees himself as a bit of a custodian to look after it. (Hence his stated desire not to sell it to just anyone who makes an offer, and apparently turning down some offers 8n the past)

That's his line. It's just as likely he's trying to maximise his price on a declining asset, isn't it?

Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 19:16 - Apr 4 with 3676 viewschrismakin

It's a difficult balance.

Do I agree in regards to a take over. Yes in that a take over may take us to the prem again.

However. What I dont like seeing are posts about not supporting the club in the meantime and tweeters telling others not to support the club whilst Evans is at the club.

Imo. ITFC will have lost thousands of supporters over the years through death, change of location, lack of success. Even the name Ipswich doesnt hold the same power It once did when you go abroad.
With Covid.. we are yet to see how this affects peoples thoughts on going back to football on weekends... family time. Change of lifestyle.. change of finances etc.

So whilst I appreciate those who feel they dont want to support M.E. in my opinion by not supporting the club itself they are hurting the club itself.

M.E wont sell to anyone he seems a risk to the long term future of the club. We may not like where we are. We may not like what hes done or not done since hes been here. But the minimum is we know as an owner he has done his best for the financial stability of the club moving forwards. This is my second concern. If the fans continue their protests and M.E decides to think sod it I'm off. He could sell to literally anyone with no care in the world. And whilst I appreciate views that there are risks worth taking... I.d rather support a takeover that happens with his blessing ( as it would appear hes happy with their long term financial support, rather than one forced.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 19:26 - Apr 4 with 3641 viewshappybeingblue

can watching us being useless and with zero entertainment value in division 3 football really get any worse ,we have lost thousands and thousands of fans all the old school who were brought up on watching proper itfc playing football have mostly gone i bet... the club is in disarray how can it get any worse??
Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 19:26 - Apr 4 with 3636 viewsLeaky

Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 18:44 - Apr 4 by blueprint

“We could end up like Southampton or Leicester?” What in the Premier league?

Yes that was the point made
Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 19:32 - Apr 4 with 3607 viewsLeoMuff

Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 19:16 - Apr 4 by chrismakin

It's a difficult balance.

Do I agree in regards to a take over. Yes in that a take over may take us to the prem again.

However. What I dont like seeing are posts about not supporting the club in the meantime and tweeters telling others not to support the club whilst Evans is at the club.

Imo. ITFC will have lost thousands of supporters over the years through death, change of location, lack of success. Even the name Ipswich doesnt hold the same power It once did when you go abroad.
With Covid.. we are yet to see how this affects peoples thoughts on going back to football on weekends... family time. Change of lifestyle.. change of finances etc.

So whilst I appreciate those who feel they dont want to support M.E. in my opinion by not supporting the club itself they are hurting the club itself.

M.E wont sell to anyone he seems a risk to the long term future of the club. We may not like where we are. We may not like what hes done or not done since hes been here. But the minimum is we know as an owner he has done his best for the financial stability of the club moving forwards. This is my second concern. If the fans continue their protests and M.E decides to think sod it I'm off. He could sell to literally anyone with no care in the world. And whilst I appreciate views that there are risks worth taking... I.d rather support a takeover that happens with his blessing ( as it would appear hes happy with their long term financial support, rather than one forced.

IMHO Standing by and handing over season ticket money to ME despite the constant decline and under investment, is not supporting the club it extending the time span on a slow death.

There is nothing Evans has listened to so far , protests, managers, fans, other owners, media, he just carries on making the same mistakes repeatedly, the only option is to cut as much funding as possible as fans, then maybe he will change.

Im really not sure why you trust Evans to do the due diligence on a new owner, so far he has literally got nothing right in 13 years.

Roll on the takeover I say.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 19:37 - Apr 4 with 3585 viewsstonojnr

Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 18:08 - Apr 4 by J2BLUE

It's a possibility. As you say though, the club has been mismanaged for a long term so it's a calculated risk worth taking IMO. When terrible owners come in and a team collapses they tend to get re-sold very quickly. We've had all this time of a slow demise leading to our current half existence.

I'd say a takeover by Gamechangers has very limited scope to be worse and plenty of upside.

and what are you basing that on exactly ? just good vibes ?

theres all kinds of scope for it to be plenty worse as the likes of Derby, Coventry and a number of other clubs have found to their cost.

you go back to Jack Walkers day and even he recognised football clubs are money pits, and he was a dyed in the wool Blackburn fan, it still cost him alot of his fortune.

companies dont buy football clubs out of being philanthropic, even Evans didnt buy Town because he just fancied owning a football club he wanted to make money, Gamechangers want to make money, that doesnt always result in the fans getting what they want.

so yep we ought to have be careful what you wish you as Blue Actions next banner.
Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 19:38 - Apr 4 with 3580 viewschrismakin

Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 19:32 - Apr 4 by LeoMuff

IMHO Standing by and handing over season ticket money to ME despite the constant decline and under investment, is not supporting the club it extending the time span on a slow death.

There is nothing Evans has listened to so far , protests, managers, fans, other owners, media, he just carries on making the same mistakes repeatedly, the only option is to cut as much funding as possible as fans, then maybe he will change.

Im really not sure why you trust Evans to do the due diligence on a new owner, so far he has literally got nothing right in 13 years.

Roll on the takeover I say.

"
Im really not sure why you trust Evans to do the due diligence on a new owner, so far he has literally got nothing right in 13 years"

Because he has done all throughout with offers made.
Also in the past 18 months alone he would have ploughed in Millions ontop of his normal annual input to keep the club afloat.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 19:58 - Apr 4 with 3532 viewsLeoMuff

Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 19:38 - Apr 4 by chrismakin

"
Im really not sure why you trust Evans to do the due diligence on a new owner, so far he has literally got nothing right in 13 years"

Because he has done all throughout with offers made.
Also in the past 18 months alone he would have ploughed in Millions ontop of his normal annual input to keep the club afloat.

Who knows what offers he has turned down, they may have been good ones just not meeting his asking price, doesn’t mean they failed the test of legitimacy.

He had no choice to plough in over the last 18 months, means absolutely nothing, he came in for a profit, totally c@cked it up and I really have no sympathy, not sure why it’s a reason he would be competent at judging who is right for the club.

The only Muff in Town.

Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 20:06 - Apr 4 with 3497 viewschrismakin

Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 19:58 - Apr 4 by LeoMuff

Who knows what offers he has turned down, they may have been good ones just not meeting his asking price, doesn’t mean they failed the test of legitimacy.

He had no choice to plough in over the last 18 months, means absolutely nothing, he came in for a profit, totally c@cked it up and I really have no sympathy, not sure why it’s a reason he would be competent at judging who is right for the club.

He did have a choice when it comes to financing the club, each year it's his choice.

Evans has been inviting offers for many years for the club, that's no secret, there's also not a chance he will get his debt back, so yes the only falldown would be if he felt he was selling to someone he didn't feel comfortable with as the fee of the club isn't that high for a person looking to take over a football club. ( And yes I do know this for a fact )
His best interest will be to sell, keep a small stake so that any long term success, he still gets a piece from, if the potential new owner doesn't seem like they can do it, then there's no point in selling incase someone like PC can turn things around and make us successful where M.E has 100% on what ever happens under his ownership.

Regarding him cocking up promotion, sorry but the managers cocked it up, he was very very well investing at the beginning for that immediate return to the prem. What subsequently happened was the financing of the prem changed overnight from something around £20 mill for finishing bottom to getting over £95 Mill 'reward' for being relegated and then we started having to battle parachute clubs in the championship. Then over the years, wage bills which were acceptable at around £5 mill a week, didn't compare to £15 Mill per week etc.

That's not saying he hasn't done anything wrong, some of his managerial decisions quite clearly were wrong and lack of set up etc he can't deny has been awful, BUT as an investor at the beginning, he got very very unlucky.

And that's probably why he's very nervous about who takes the club on and why they want it, what their plans are as he's seen first hand, what you think may seem easy, may not be like that in the real football world. Afterall, we all know in the case of this Amercian potential owner, English football is miles away from American. You can't get away with selling shirts at £90 ( clearly a rough estimate at a shirt figure as American shirts seems to cost a fortune)
[Post edited 4 Apr 2021 20:13]

Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 20:12 - Apr 4 with 3473 viewsgreyhound

Knowing what the business model is proposed to be, some people's excitement needs to be seriously tempered.

Plans to turn us Into a profit making club within 5 years will mean transfer spends continue to be low and we will become a selling club to bolster the profits I assume. A new recruitment approach will help this.

Were on a path of step change but we will be seeing another change of owner once goals can be obtained. The club is about to be turned into a business rather than the family friendly loss making carnage that has existed for years.
Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 20:16 - Apr 4 with 3443 viewschrismakin

Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 20:12 - Apr 4 by greyhound

Knowing what the business model is proposed to be, some people's excitement needs to be seriously tempered.

Plans to turn us Into a profit making club within 5 years will mean transfer spends continue to be low and we will become a selling club to bolster the profits I assume. A new recruitment approach will help this.

Were on a path of step change but we will be seeing another change of owner once goals can be obtained. The club is about to be turned into a business rather than the family friendly loss making carnage that has existed for years.

If it's to be a profit making club, the first action would need to be remove the academy, it's costly, barely produces enough to make it worthwhile long term and with this new Data research recruitment dept the rumours are already there to say it may be going.

Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 20:27 - Apr 4 with 3402 viewsLeoMuff

Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 20:06 - Apr 4 by chrismakin

He did have a choice when it comes to financing the club, each year it's his choice.

Evans has been inviting offers for many years for the club, that's no secret, there's also not a chance he will get his debt back, so yes the only falldown would be if he felt he was selling to someone he didn't feel comfortable with as the fee of the club isn't that high for a person looking to take over a football club. ( And yes I do know this for a fact )
His best interest will be to sell, keep a small stake so that any long term success, he still gets a piece from, if the potential new owner doesn't seem like they can do it, then there's no point in selling incase someone like PC can turn things around and make us successful where M.E has 100% on what ever happens under his ownership.

Regarding him cocking up promotion, sorry but the managers cocked it up, he was very very well investing at the beginning for that immediate return to the prem. What subsequently happened was the financing of the prem changed overnight from something around £20 mill for finishing bottom to getting over £95 Mill 'reward' for being relegated and then we started having to battle parachute clubs in the championship. Then over the years, wage bills which were acceptable at around £5 mill a week, didn't compare to £15 Mill per week etc.

That's not saying he hasn't done anything wrong, some of his managerial decisions quite clearly were wrong and lack of set up etc he can't deny has been awful, BUT as an investor at the beginning, he got very very unlucky.

And that's probably why he's very nervous about who takes the club on and why they want it, what their plans are as he's seen first hand, what you think may seem easy, may not be like that in the real football world. Afterall, we all know in the case of this Amercian potential owner, English football is miles away from American. You can't get away with selling shirts at £90 ( clearly a rough estimate at a shirt figure as American shirts seems to cost a fortune)
[Post edited 4 Apr 2021 20:13]

He of course has a choice, he could walk, but that means writing off £100m with no return, meaning we are debt free and an attractive prospect for investment. So in reality he doesn’t

I didn’t say cocked up promotion, I meant cocked up every aspect of this club, taking us from champ promotion challengers to mid table league 1

The problems were there from the start, yes we had money but according to Keane for exam0le we couldn’t land our transfer targets even when they agreed to join. Contracts run down on players worth value, it’s not unlucky he didn’t and doesn’t have a clue how to run a football club.

There is something very rotten with ITFC and it has only one root cause, however well meaning.

The only Muff in Town.

Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 20:29 - Apr 4 with 3394 viewsSuperCoops

Do I think we need to make a change? Yes, I think so.

Do I worry about whoever takes over? Yes, certainly. Under Evans I don't think we're under serious risk of him pulling the plug, we are plodding along aimlessly and perhaps slowly downwards.

But a new person could bring success or could, and I say 'could', make things worse. They could run out of money, pull the plug. What are their genuine motives?

Do we stick as we are unhappily, in the vain hope of a bit of (financial) security but little else. Or do we take the gamble on someone new changing fortunes?

I'm very cautious, but I am losing any form of hope in fortunes improving under the current regime so a change is worth doing. But I fear if it does go belly-up too.
Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 20:31 - Apr 4 with 3375 viewsJ2BLUE

Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 20:12 - Apr 4 by greyhound

The best way to make money out of us is to get us to the Prem.

Right now we might not owe the money back to Evans but we are in constant decline.

Frankly we need to take a gamble. What we have now is the 'safe' option but it's also the option that slowly kills us.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024