Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I have to say.... 17:02 - Apr 10 with 3825 viewsFunge

... Cook has had this lot for 6 weeks, and there isn't even a suggestion that we've looked any better, at all, in any area of the pitch, at any point in those 6 weeks.

Of course he needs a summer; of course he needs a transfer window - but, my god, has anyone actually told this lot that most of them will be out of work in the summer?

Fck the players - they all need to go - but honestly, is it unreasonable to ask for just a little bit more?

Downes was the one bright spot today.

Bishop was anonymous, Dozzell atrocious (again), and Drinan is good at running.
I have to say.... on 17:35 - Apr 10 with 873 viewschicoazul

It’s pretty mad. My guess is the players know or believe they are off and just don’t care anymore.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I have to say.... on 17:36 - Apr 10 with 868 viewsRadlett_blue

I have to say.... on 17:30 - Apr 10 by Churchman

How can he do anything with this lot?

Once we had Sheki and Kuqi, McGoldrick and Murphy, Murphy and just about anybody including DJ Campbell, Tommy Miller banging them in from midfield, David Johnson x2, Stewart, David Lowe, Kevin Wilson, Paul Goddard (geriatric version), John Deehan (again in his football dotage).

We now have a midfield that wouldn’t know where the goal was if it hit them on the head, Hawkins and Norwood. Conference or lower standard. Sears is that level now. He looked direct and capable of a goal here until injuries and playing on the wing did for him. Dross. The team over two years has had no goals or goal threat. It has no confidence or structure too it. Individually and collectively clueless. Half of you might get your wish and Cook might well go. I hope not because his track record says he will succeed if given a chance. He won’t do it with this bunch of losers

On the upside, the defence doesn’t look too bad for this level and that’s a good starting point. In a way I’d be more concerned if we were shipping goals aplenty. Give the manager a chance. If he’s here and we are this cr&p at Christmas I’ll be hurling the abuse with the best of them.

We are now in the 3rd division so clearly we shouldn't need good 2nd tier players to be doing rather better. The malaise & apparent lack of motivation among the players has been around now for over 3 years & bringing in a new manager has made no difference at all & understandable changes to formation & personnel only seem to have made the players even less confident. Unfortunately, we have to press on in the hope that we can scrape into the play offs, but with Cook's record of 10 points from 9 games so far, you'd bet heavily against it as if anything, Town are actually getting worse.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

I have to say.... on 17:51 - Apr 10 with 830 viewsstonojnr

I have to say.... on 17:05 - Apr 10 by ArnieM

I’d say the fact that a very good manager hasn’t been able to get anything out of this shower of shyte , is more a reflection on the players than the manager. They’ve been complete pants for THREE YEARS....you weren’t really expecting a turn around in the last 10 games of their Ipswich careers were you?

well I would given how much blame was attached to the last manager for this players not performing situation.

if we are saying they were rubbish all the darn time, and now even the new manager is doing the cant be bothered to speak to the local press stuff anymore, wth was the point in getting rid of Lambert ?
I have to say.... on 17:56 - Apr 10 with 810 viewsRyorry

I have to say.... on 17:05 - Apr 10 by ArnieM

I’d say the fact that a very good manager hasn’t been able to get anything out of this shower of shyte , is more a reflection on the players than the manager. They’ve been complete pants for THREE YEARS....you weren’t really expecting a turn around in the last 10 games of their Ipswich careers were you?

Can't we just sub the entire lot of them, lock stock & barrel, with the U23 team?!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I have to say.... on 18:00 - Apr 10 with 799 viewschrismakin

I have to say.... on 17:08 - Apr 10 by Dubtractor

I would have expected more so far, but Cook really is hamstrung by the striking options.

Jackson is crap.
Parrott might be Ok in a few years, but is no where near at the moment.
Drinan works hard but is hugely limited.
Hawkins is pretty crap, and zero goal threat.
Sears just demonstrated his finishing ability.
Norwood OK but permacrocked this season.

How on earth did we end up with such a p1ss poor selection of strikers? Rank mismanagement of the squad, whoever was ultimately responsible for it.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 17:15]

And the simple facts are, IF Norwood isn't playing, the likelyhood is we aint scoring

And he's only been available for 4 out of the 9 games.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I have to say.... on 18:07 - Apr 10 with 774 viewsRadlett_blue

I have to say.... on 18:00 - Apr 10 by chrismakin

And the simple facts are, IF Norwood isn't playing, the likelyhood is we aint scoring

And he's only been available for 4 out of the 9 games.

Fair point. The others (Drinan, Parrot, Jackson, Sears, Hawkins & Dobra) have scored the grand total of 5 league goals between them this season in a total of 105 appearances.

I have to say.... on 18:13 - Apr 10 with 733 viewsthebooks

I have to say.... on 17:13 - Apr 10 by Funge

It's a fair caveat - unfairly for Cook, though, is the large alarm bell ringing in my head after Lambert took over from Hurst; more specifically, the absolute 'free pass' we gave PL.

Mediocrity has been accepted for far, far too long at this club; one would suspect that the Americans will have very short shrift for a continuance of this - which, I suppose, is a positive.

For the sake of good order, I am not placing PC in the same bracket as PL - PC's star is on the rise; PL's had long-faded when we offered him the job - but it's scandalous how badly these players are performing.

For me this is very true. I like Cook a lot, but we had *exactly* the same thing with Lambert and accepted getting relegated with no fight at all because we had to “give him time”.

Our fans are very passive, and I guess that’s a hard habit to get out of. Obviously, we shouldn’t be getting rid of Cook right now, but he should be under pressure, rather than the fans simply turning on the players because Lambert has gone.

Matt Gill got a tune out of this team by simplifying things. 9 games and 9 points (I think that’s his record?) is very poor and simply writing this season off is unacceptable — the team is good enough to be in the top 6 quite comfortably.
I have to say.... on 18:13 - Apr 10 with 730 viewschrismakin

I have to say.... on 18:07 - Apr 10 by Radlett_blue

Fair point. The others (Drinan, Parrot, Jackson, Sears, Hawkins & Dobra) have scored the grand total of 5 league goals between them this season in a total of 105 appearances.

They are awful, Spurs fans hoping Parrott is the next Kane, no chance

Today's lineup had scored 3 goals since October. 3 that's the tools Cook has to work with and people are blaming him, it's absurd

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Login to get fewer ads

I have to say.... on 18:17 - Apr 10 with 691 viewshaynes_toe1

Obviously the players have been poor and equally low on confidence but to anyone who's been in football as a business it would be concerning to see that cook has not only failed to improve but generally made us worse than we were under a manager we rightly proclaimed to be awful.

Our PPG is worse, our chance creation is worse, our goal scoring is worse. We even somehow manage to have even less of a playing identity. I imagine the new owners will be watching closely.
I have to say.... on 18:17 - Apr 10 with 687 viewschrismakin

I have to say.... on 18:13 - Apr 10 by thebooks

For me this is very true. I like Cook a lot, but we had *exactly* the same thing with Lambert and accepted getting relegated with no fight at all because we had to “give him time”.

Our fans are very passive, and I guess that’s a hard habit to get out of. Obviously, we shouldn’t be getting rid of Cook right now, but he should be under pressure, rather than the fans simply turning on the players because Lambert has gone.

Matt Gill got a tune out of this team by simplifying things. 9 games and 9 points (I think that’s his record?) is very poor and simply writing this season off is unacceptable — the team is good enough to be in the top 6 quite comfortably.

"Matt Gill got a tune out of this team by simplifying things"

No, he had Kenlock, Bennetts and Norwood available for all 3 fixtures

The games weren't that great anyway, but those 3 gives you a lot more than ward, Edwards and Drinan

I have to say.... on 18:29 - Apr 10 with 643 viewsPositivelyPortman

I have to say.... on 17:21 - Apr 10 by gordon

Dozzell isn't a left midfielder though to be fair to him.

What is he exactly?

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

I have to say.... on 18:31 - Apr 10 with 639 viewsgordon

I have to say.... on 18:29 - Apr 10 by PositivelyPortman

What is he exactly?

Well, he isn't a left midfielder, he isn't a box-to-box midfielder, he isn't a 10, and he isn't a defensive midfielder.
I have to say.... on 18:35 - Apr 10 with 621 viewsChrisd

I have to say.... on 17:25 - Apr 10 by TieDyedIn95

The myth that's been around for almost 2 years now is the squad is good but the manager was rubbish. I think generally you finish more or less where you are in football unless you have a rarely good season (like a Leicester) or a super poor season out of nowhere (like Man City in the late 90's). This team was relegated in October, and has consistently played at an average level in the third tier. It was never any good. I think most are waking up to that now but it was obvious three or four years ago.

Cook has had a lot of success in this league and the one below but wasn't given a fair crack at the Championship due to off field events. I think he was led to believe the same myth that most had, that was the players were easily good enough and he's unsurprisingly had to result to some Lambertism's with the selections and tactics to ensure we don't get whipped like we did against Gillingham for example. Lambert alluded to this squad needing help and probably not being up to the level expected at Ipswich on numerous occasions, people barked at him as if it were excuses for his failings but the fact remains the players are not good enough and never were.

I agree, I have said this for some time, but a few of the more established posters on here wouldn't have it, but hopefully they can see it for themselves and admit they got it wrong. When we got relegated with that pitiful points total changes should've been made that summer, but incredibly we kept the majority of them to go again! I'm sure if you look at Hull's current squad there are quite a number of different players now to the side that played on the final Sunday of last season in the Championship. It was an abject failure in the Championship and a pitiful attempt to stay up, so why should we expect any different in L1 from that same group of players? Personally, I can't wait for the summer, sweep this club clean and build again. There's no doubt PC will keep some of the existing squad due to their contract situation, but hopefully we can make some shrewd signings and create a squad with a real togetherness and one that collectively wants to succeed. I just don't get the impression that this lot are bothered about whether they win, lose or draw in a blue shirt as long as they get paid at the end of the month.

On the note of PL, he needed to go and I'm still pleased with the PC appointment even with this indifferent start. PL was turning the club, it was getting rather poisonous and fractured towards the end and he certainly appeared to be doing the bare minimum, so was relieved when he finally went.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

I have to say.... on 18:45 - Apr 10 with 598 viewsistanblue

Cook has tried to adapt tbf to him. Players aren't giving him anything to run/settle with but yeah I agree he should be doing better than he is. I was shocked to see him name Drinan and Dobra as our forwards today and he deserves criticism for that. However, Cook's BIG test will be having the balls to release and sell-off all the dross and deadwood at the club come the summer. The club needs a sea change in mentality and to do that the playing squad needs an overhaul. The days of Evans-inspired mediocrity and failure are going, the days of high-standards at ITFC are coming.
I have to say.... on 18:46 - Apr 10 with 593 viewsWicklowBlue

I have to say.... on 18:31 - Apr 10 by gordon

Well, he isn't a left midfielder, he isn't a box-to-box midfielder, he isn't a 10, and he isn't a defensive midfielder.

Just a personal shout, would prefer Dozza higher up the pitch to try to unlock defences in that 10 role. Not like any of the others have nailed that position down.
I have to say.... on 18:50 - Apr 10 with 572 viewsazuremerlangus

I have to say.... on 18:46 - Apr 10 by WicklowBlue

Just a personal shout, would prefer Dozza higher up the pitch to try to unlock defences in that 10 role. Not like any of the others have nailed that position down.

A bit like his dad then?

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

I have to say.... on 18:56 - Apr 10 with 559 viewsRadlett_blue

I have to say.... on 18:35 - Apr 10 by Chrisd

I agree, I have said this for some time, but a few of the more established posters on here wouldn't have it, but hopefully they can see it for themselves and admit they got it wrong. When we got relegated with that pitiful points total changes should've been made that summer, but incredibly we kept the majority of them to go again! I'm sure if you look at Hull's current squad there are quite a number of different players now to the side that played on the final Sunday of last season in the Championship. It was an abject failure in the Championship and a pitiful attempt to stay up, so why should we expect any different in L1 from that same group of players? Personally, I can't wait for the summer, sweep this club clean and build again. There's no doubt PC will keep some of the existing squad due to their contract situation, but hopefully we can make some shrewd signings and create a squad with a real togetherness and one that collectively wants to succeed. I just don't get the impression that this lot are bothered about whether they win, lose or draw in a blue shirt as long as they get paid at the end of the month.

On the note of PL, he needed to go and I'm still pleased with the PC appointment even with this indifferent start. PL was turning the club, it was getting rather poisonous and fractured towards the end and he certainly appeared to be doing the bare minimum, so was relieved when he finally went.

Absolutely right - Lambert inherited Hurst's poor signings (average League 1 players) plus some ageing Championship journeymen (Chambers, Skuse, Sears etc). Maybe he couldn't get rid of the dross (Evans hates taking a loss on a player) to fund getting in better players? The fact Cook is getting even less than Lambert from these players suggests the squad isn't as good as some of us thought.

I have to say.... on 19:12 - Apr 10 with 528 viewsWicklowBlue

I have to say.... on 18:50 - Apr 10 by azuremerlangus

A bit like his dad then?

Not sure I'd compare Andre to his dad currently for obvious reasons. But Andre isn't really going to tackle and break up play like Downes. Like to see him higher up the pitch to make the most of his passing ability and help link up with the forwards.

Also take him off corners anyone else please even Holy!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024