Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How long does Cook get? 08:20 - Apr 14 with 13966 viewsBluefish

I think I will be viewed as an early adopter to the uselessness of Lambert. I refused to buy in to the free hit nonsense for a club 5 points adrift in October, the warning signs were there very early for Lambert being a fraud. I did however question him and the adulation for him without calling for his head straightaway. The earliest that the calls to sack him were March time, that is 5 months on and even then it was more questions and acknowledging failure than demanding his sacking. During that spell he had a complete transfer window albeit the trickier January one but he was definitely financially backed.

What does any of this history mean? Cook has been a disaster so far, the inability to turn things round on the pitch and the struggle to either impose his own shape and strategy or find one that suits our current crop is very worrying. There are no excuses for how far away we are at the moment on the pitch, we have a squad plenty big enough to find a side that competes on the pitch, at the moment 0 shots on target is mot competing.

I think Cook was asked early on how long he needs and his response was 1 transfer window. It is bold but positive and with the start he has had that is definitely right. You need to earn credit as a manager and he has used his up with this start without earning any extra. The summer will be a fresh start but the backing he will get coupled with the better window means he needs to not carry over anything, we have to hit the ground running to build some credit and then it has to be maintained.

I'm not Cook Out but I'm also not giving free hits, the start is a blemish so the pressure should start

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

How long does Cook get? on 10:45 - Apr 15 with 1062 viewsjayessess

How long does Cook get? on 10:39 - Apr 15 by PhilTWTD

That is a fair point. What's someone going to offer for Downes after the season he's just had given Palace only offered £1.6 million last summer?

Don't imagine £1.6m would do anything dramatic to our budget from the sounds of things.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

How long does Cook get? on 10:49 - Apr 15 with 1041 viewsMach_foreignBlue

How long does Cook get? on 09:47 - Apr 15 by OsborneOneNil

Exactly. Pep could come in and we’d still be poor, at the moment.

Talk of PC being poor, it’s harsh. He’s come into a situation where most have downed tools and just can’t be arsed. He’s never failed, and he’ll be a success here, but he does need to clear out the rubbish and get his own players in. Work the pre-season, and see us fly.

I’ve 100% confidence in Paul Cook.

Bang on ! Guardiola, Klopp, Simeone....None of them would have beaten Rochdale, Northampton or Wimbledon with this demoralised mob.

Of course this group would have beaten these teams in the different circumstances but they know their future lies elsewhere. Years of living in the nice and cosy Ipswich environment where the pressure didn't exist under Evans and all of sudden their world and easy life go upside down. Of course they will tell you that their ambition is to win games but if they fail then .... who gives a fook? Not demanding owner, failure and mediocrity is accepted, nice and easy payday. Now everything changes and they don't like it.

Now new owners come in, people that will demand progress and success, new quality manager comes in and one of his prime demands is to work harder on the training pitch and guess what ... they don't like it either. And they transfer this stinking attitude on the pitch. They aren't bothered.

Next 6 games are going to be a chore for them and fans alike.

As Cook has said this team needs a major surgery and he doesn't trust them. Well done on speaking the truth about them !
How long does Cook get? on 10:51 - Apr 15 with 1038 viewsPhilTWTD

How long does Cook get? on 10:45 - Apr 15 by jayessess

Don't imagine £1.6m would do anything dramatic to our budget from the sounds of things.

No, drop in the overall ocean and Downes does appear to be the one player who Cook really rates very highly.
How long does Cook get? on 10:51 - Apr 15 with 1035 viewshype313

How long does Cook get? on 10:23 - Apr 15 by PhilTWTD

Was talking about this with someone the other day. Who, aside perhaps from one or two real kids who might be recruited for their potential by the big clubs, could we achieve a fee for? Downes and Dozzell, Jackson assuming we take his option - which we might do just to achieve a fee given the January interest - El Mizouni - assuming we do the same, am aware there has been interest in him from Brentford - but not too many more, particularly with most clubs at this level to be looking at frees and can't see too much interest from higher up. Vincent-Young would be another if he gets back playing regularly.

The other fact is, that we now are probably in a stronger position to turn bids than we were under Evans, althought to be fair to Evans he never really wilted on offers and that's one thing we can think of him in a positive light.

But yes, regarding assets, you could only really see bids of £1m ish for Downes and Dozzell, although that's presupposing Cook sees value in them? he might be happy to let one or both leave.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

How long does Cook get? on 10:59 - Apr 15 with 1011 viewsSwansea_Blue

How long does Cook get? on 10:51 - Apr 15 by hype313

The other fact is, that we now are probably in a stronger position to turn bids than we were under Evans, althought to be fair to Evans he never really wilted on offers and that's one thing we can think of him in a positive light.

But yes, regarding assets, you could only really see bids of £1m ish for Downes and Dozzell, although that's presupposing Cook sees value in them? he might be happy to let one or both leave.

Sounds like we might be more aggressive in selling if Ashton's record is anything to go by. That could be a good thing if money is reinvested wisely, much like how we used sales money to springboard a promotion push under Burley.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How long does Cook get? on 18:13 - Apr 15 with 905 viewsParky

How long does Cook get? on 10:25 - Apr 15 by PhilTWTD

Of course, that will come into it. Players whose data indicates they can play at the higher level. Difficult to say quite how recruitment will be but you would assume it ought to be a mix of data and more traditional scouting to some degree.

I think we'll try to recruit as if we're a Championship side within he constraints of FFP rules, players willing to drop to this level etc.

The return of Jordan Rhodes?
How long does Cook get? on 19:16 - Apr 15 with 844 viewsPhilTWTD

How long does Cook get? on 18:13 - Apr 15 by Parky

The return of Jordan Rhodes?

I'm not sure he really fits into a 4-2-3-1, but wouldn't rule out someone of a similar profile.
How long does Cook get? on 19:24 - Apr 15 with 832 viewschrismakin

How long does Cook get? on 19:16 - Apr 15 by PhilTWTD

I'm not sure he really fits into a 4-2-3-1, but wouldn't rule out someone of a similar profile.

Connor Wickham

Or is David Nugent finally going to play for ipswich

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Login to get fewer ads

How long does Cook get? on 19:27 - Apr 15 with 829 viewsPJH

How long does Cook get? on 19:16 - Apr 15 by PhilTWTD

Here we have got a Diamond and a Roads.

How long does Cook get? on 19:28 - Apr 15 with 826 viewsPhilTWTD

How long does Cook get? on 19:24 - Apr 15 by chrismakin

Connor Wickham

Or is David Nugent finally going to play for ipswich

I reckon the ship might finally have sailed on Nugent.
How long does Cook get? on 19:38 - Apr 15 with 789 viewsHarryB

How long does Cook get? on 19:28 - Apr 15 by PhilTWTD

I reckon the ship might finally have sailed on Nugent.

give us some names on who you think we may target in the summer phil?
How long does Cook get? on 22:46 - Apr 15 with 711 viewsBleu

Not long...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024