Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How long does Cook get? 08:20 - Apr 14 with 13853 viewsBluefish

I think I will be viewed as an early adopter to the uselessness of Lambert. I refused to buy in to the free hit nonsense for a club 5 points adrift in October, the warning signs were there very early for Lambert being a fraud. I did however question him and the adulation for him without calling for his head straightaway. The earliest that the calls to sack him were March time, that is 5 months on and even then it was more questions and acknowledging failure than demanding his sacking. During that spell he had a complete transfer window albeit the trickier January one but he was definitely financially backed.

What does any of this history mean? Cook has been a disaster so far, the inability to turn things round on the pitch and the struggle to either impose his own shape and strategy or find one that suits our current crop is very worrying. There are no excuses for how far away we are at the moment on the pitch, we have a squad plenty big enough to find a side that competes on the pitch, at the moment 0 shots on target is mot competing.

I think Cook was asked early on how long he needs and his response was 1 transfer window. It is bold but positive and with the start he has had that is definitely right. You need to earn credit as a manager and he has used his up with this start without earning any extra. The summer will be a fresh start but the backing he will get coupled with the better window means he needs to not carry over anything, we have to hit the ground running to build some credit and then it has to be maintained.

I'm not Cook Out but I'm also not giving free hits, the start is a blemish so the pressure should start

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

How long does Cook get? on 19:44 - Apr 14 with 1437 viewsSpruceMoose

How long does Cook get? on 19:28 - Apr 14 by Mach_foreignBlue

'for the life of me I can't work out what he is doing at the moment'.....

Are you serious?

Cook has been trying various systems of play. People didn't like one upfront so he's been seeking the different ways. But it doesn't work because this group of lazy, perennial losers have been used to live in the old regime where everything was nice and easy. Not demanding owner, no pressure to deliver the success, failure is accepted, easy payday at Ipswich etc etc.

Yes this group of s**thouses whom you and number of other people have been labelling as one of the best squads in this league ever since we got relegated.

Cook has been left with the perennial losers of previous managers. Not even a single out of them is his player. They had got us relegated without a fight and underperformed in this terrible league for the last two years. How on earth do you question him then?

All you have been doing for a while has been lauding this squad and overhyping our own products. And as it always has been the case you blame the manager after the manager and another manager for not doing miracles with these losers who themselves aren't fit to wear the shirt.

Always the easiest to blame the manager, eh? You never question this teams captain and his leadership skills, the constant component of our long decline. You never question some other senior players. You never question the majority of this hopeless team. It's always the managers fault, eh?

Cook doesn't deserve a single word of criticism. Let him kick this crap out of the club, lets give him a time to mould his own team.

Did you see how hurting he was in the last night's interview? He has a bigger passion for the club than the entire team of these no-hopers. Does a single ITFC player share a quarter of his passion for the club? Not even 10% I guess.

The final whistle of the Fleetwood game come May cannot come quick enough.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 19:33]

This is some post indeed.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

How long does Cook get? on 19:53 - Apr 14 with 1413 viewsBlueNomad

How long does Cook get? on 08:23 - Apr 14 by Dubtractor

We need to give him the summer and half of next season IMO.

Not good enough so far though, as per the thread I have just posted.

Good job Sir Bobby was given time when he took over. If social media had been about then he would have been hounded out!
How long does Cook get? on 19:54 - Apr 14 with 1416 viewsMach_foreignBlue

How long does Cook get? on 19:41 - Apr 14 by itfcjoe

To suggest Chambers has less than 10% of the passion for the club than Paul Cook has just shows what an absolute weapon you are.

We know you hate him, but at least try to not to be a complete tool.

No I don't hate him. I just don't rate him.

Cook has said last night that this team needs a major surgery. So to suggest this group of players has been one of the best in this league and our own products are exceptional just shows what an absolute weapon you are.

How long does Cook get? on 19:55 - Apr 14 with 1404 viewstextbackup

How long does Cook get? on 19:44 - Apr 14 by SpruceMoose

This is some post indeed.

Some brilliant points made in there, I agree. Full of absolute passion.

What’s your thoughts?
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 19:56]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

How long does Cook get? on 19:55 - Apr 14 with 1403 viewsChurchman

How long does Cook get? on 19:21 - Apr 14 by haynes_toe1

Yeah, a couple. But he had an instant impact on the players that were already there too.

And he didn't take over a team just outside the playoffs. He took over a side at the bottom of the table and achieved instant results.

Its not a fair comparison though as Mick is a better manager with better pedigree than Cook.

A couple? From the beginning of November 2012 to March 2013, MM brought in 5 transfers and 9 loans. Most before the end of January. Murphy and Campbell, who scored 10 from Oct on, came in on loan before Mick.

Smith, Cresswell and Chambers were already at the club. Yes, MM made an instant difference on another shambles of a squad. But he had some better players amongst the dross who were capable of more and they proved that the following two seasons.

The current players don’t compare. If you think McCarthy could have got more from this lot fine. Quite how is beyond me. As for the merits of Cook, the simple fact is that he’s been a success everywhere he’s been to date. I’ve seen nothing to suggest he won’t be here, if he’s supported and the club is sorted out.
How long does Cook get? on 20:11 - Apr 14 with 1373 viewsrgp1

if we get to the end of the season and its only 2 or 3 wins out of 16 then i think he is in trouble. No one is expecting miracles but alarmingly the performance levels have dropped.

If this team is so bad how did Lambert get nearly 50 points from the first 30 games. Maybe Cook had his Hurst moment last night.
How long does Cook get? on 20:15 - Apr 14 with 1366 viewstextbackup

How long does Cook get? on 20:11 - Apr 14 by rgp1

if we get to the end of the season and its only 2 or 3 wins out of 16 then i think he is in trouble. No one is expecting miracles but alarmingly the performance levels have dropped.

If this team is so bad how did Lambert get nearly 50 points from the first 30 games. Maybe Cook had his Hurst moment last night.

I don’t blame him either, because he’s not stupid, he knows the new guys will be watching and evaluating the results etc.

He has to try and protect himself.

I just hope that we don’t get into a situation where the end of the season arrives, they sack him, a new man comes in, and because he doesn’t know the bunch starts handing out new contracts left right and centre.

Cook staying, Seeing these d1ckheads for what they are, and clearing the decks is massive for our future

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

How long does Cook get? on 20:42 - Apr 14 with 1326 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

How long does Cook get? on 19:54 - Apr 14 by Mach_foreignBlue

Cook has said last night that this team needs a major surgery. So to suggest this group of players has been one of the best in this league and our own products are exceptional just shows what an absolute weapon you are.

You're angling for a place on the Blue Monday podcast aren't you?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Login to get fewer ads

How long does Cook get? on 20:46 - Apr 14 with 1309 viewsJ2BLUE

Where has he said that? He said Chambers should be a squad player. Think you've destroyed your own straw man there.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

How long does Cook get? on 20:53 - Apr 14 with 1293 viewshype313

How long does Cook get? on 20:46 - Apr 14 by J2BLUE

Where has he said that? He said Chambers should be a squad player. Think you've destroyed your own straw man there.

To play devil's advocate here and I'm not having a pop at Joe because I was of the same opinion, but he did say Cook should be licking his lips at this squad, and I think the realisation has set in that this team just isn't as good as we all thought.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

How long does Cook get? on 20:54 - Apr 14 with 1290 viewsMach_foreignBlue

How long does Cook get? on 20:46 - Apr 14 by J2BLUE

J2 what are you on about? He's been banging for a while about this squad and how good it's been.

But he doesn't admit being wrong hence the easiest option for him is to blame/question yet another manager.
How long does Cook get? on 21:20 - Apr 14 with 1254 viewsrgp1

How long does Cook get? on 20:15 - Apr 14 by textbackup

I don’t blame him either, because he’s not stupid, he knows the new guys will be watching and evaluating the results etc.

He has to try and protect himself.

I just hope that we don’t get into a situation where the end of the season arrives, they sack him, a new man comes in, and because he doesn’t know the bunch starts handing out new contracts left right and centre.

Cook staying, Seeing these d1ckheads for what they are, and clearing the decks is massive for our future

I don't disagree and a good point, However Hurst have say 7 new players for his first game and it went horribly wrong albeit for a late equaliser. My point being is if we go down this road we risk throwing out the baby with the bathwater followed by the bath! We simply cannot have 11 new players on opening day otherwise it will be like ground hog day.
How long does Cook get? on 21:28 - Apr 14 with 1242 viewsreusersfreekicks

How long does Cook get? on 20:54 - Apr 14 by Mach_foreignBlue

J2 what are you on about? He's been banging for a while about this squad and how good it's been.

But he doesn't admit being wrong hence the easiest option for him is to blame/question yet another manager.

As opposed to blind faith in someone yet to prove anything at this club apart from honest post match interviews. There have been some baffling selections along the way, especially yesterday.
How long does Cook get? on 23:26 - Apr 14 with 1199 viewsHerbivore

You definitely hate him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

How long does Cook get? on 00:00 - Apr 15 with 1175 viewspointofblue

How long does Cook get? on 21:20 - Apr 14 by rgp1

I don't disagree and a good point, However Hurst have say 7 new players for his first game and it went horribly wrong albeit for a late equaliser. My point being is if we go down this road we risk throwing out the baby with the bathwater followed by the bath! We simply cannot have 11 new players on opening day otherwise it will be like ground hog day.

The issue with Hurst is the seven new players were off poorer quality than the ones we had before. The hope for this summer is we see an improvement on that score.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

How long does Cook get? on 00:06 - Apr 15 with 1167 viewshaynes_toe1

How long does Cook get? on 19:55 - Apr 14 by textbackup

Some brilliant points made in there, I agree. Full of absolute passion.

What’s your thoughts?
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 19:56]

It's a load of hyperbolic nonsense only worsened by soem view that a new manager who's come in and done nothing but fail so far has so much more passion than our club captain.

I bet he gets red in the face just from typing.
How long does Cook get? on 06:47 - Apr 15 with 1083 viewsChurchman

How long does Cook get? on 00:06 - Apr 15 by haynes_toe1

It's a load of hyperbolic nonsense only worsened by soem view that a new manager who's come in and done nothing but fail so far has so much more passion than our club captain.

I bet he gets red in the face just from typing.

‘Red in the face from typing’ - I presume that thought was meant to be derogatory. Personally, I thought it was an interesting post and pretty much spot on.

Anyway, there was an interesting article in the EADT yesterday from Mike Bacon. A sort of overview of where we’ve been and where, fingers crossed, we might be going.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/mike-bacon-on-itfc-7897150
How long does Cook get? on 07:26 - Apr 15 with 1066 viewshaynes_toe1

How long does Cook get? on 06:47 - Apr 15 by Churchman

‘Red in the face from typing’ - I presume that thought was meant to be derogatory. Personally, I thought it was an interesting post and pretty much spot on.

Anyway, there was an interesting article in the EADT yesterday from Mike Bacon. A sort of overview of where we’ve been and where, fingers crossed, we might be going.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/mike-bacon-on-itfc-7897150

If its spot on, then where is the evidence whatsoever that Paul Cook who's been here a few weeks has sooo much more passion for the club than our captain?

Or is it possible it fits the new narrative of "booo evil players they don't care they're rubbish its all their fault even though 2 months ago it was all the managers fault booo"
How long does Cook get? on 07:59 - Apr 15 with 1039 viewsitfcjoe

How long does Cook get? on 20:53 - Apr 14 by hype313

To play devil's advocate here and I'm not having a pop at Joe because I was of the same opinion, but he did say Cook should be licking his lips at this squad, and I think the realisation has set in that this team just isn't as good as we all thought.

I didn’t realise just how mentally shot it was, for me the ability is clearly there and any time spent looking at squads in the rest of the division show the quality and depth there.

Someone like Jackson, we can’t get anything out of him, but we’ve had 7 figures on the table from a team that is flying high at the top of the Championship in the summer, had another good offer from Hudds in January.

Players like Donacien, Roberts, Rowe in recent years can’t even get close to out bench but then go off and start week in-week out at teams that outperform us results wise at this level

Countless examples of that, and we’ll look this time next year at how players that we couldn’t get anything out of are doing well elsewhere and wonder why we were so terrible this year.

My mistake was to see the improved performances and results and think they still had the mentality in them and it just needed harnessing - if that was the case Cook hasn’t managed to do it.

It feels as though 90% of players aren’t playing to their capabilities - but yet despite all that we are still 8th - that shows why there is the quality in the squad. If we didn’t have it we’d be fighting relegation

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

How long does Cook get? on 08:10 - Apr 15 with 1019 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

How long does Cook get? on 07:59 - Apr 15 by itfcjoe

I didn’t realise just how mentally shot it was, for me the ability is clearly there and any time spent looking at squads in the rest of the division show the quality and depth there.

Someone like Jackson, we can’t get anything out of him, but we’ve had 7 figures on the table from a team that is flying high at the top of the Championship in the summer, had another good offer from Hudds in January.

Players like Donacien, Roberts, Rowe in recent years can’t even get close to out bench but then go off and start week in-week out at teams that outperform us results wise at this level

Countless examples of that, and we’ll look this time next year at how players that we couldn’t get anything out of are doing well elsewhere and wonder why we were so terrible this year.

My mistake was to see the improved performances and results and think they still had the mentality in them and it just needed harnessing - if that was the case Cook hasn’t managed to do it.

It feels as though 90% of players aren’t playing to their capabilities - but yet despite all that we are still 8th - that shows why there is the quality in the squad. If we didn’t have it we’d be fighting relegation

I think your last point shows how rubbish the league is more than anything.

Your other points are fair though.

How long does Cook get? on 08:24 - Apr 15 with 1009 viewstractorboy1978

I think that's right, in a lot of cases it isn't lack of ability but the wrong mentality. I think you've alluded to it before on here but quite a few of them don't want to be here, mentally they are on the proverbial beach and have been for some time. Many of the players will also now be fully aware (even if not informed) that they will be gone in a few weeks, and if they haven't already will be speaking tentatively with potential interested clubs/agents to see what could be about.

I think there is a good chance we get caned a couple more times before the season is over.
How long does Cook get? on 08:25 - Apr 15 with 1007 viewsitfcjoe

How long does Cook get? on 08:10 - Apr 15 by The_Flashing_Smile

I think your last point shows how rubbish the league is more than anything.

Your other points are fair though.

The league is rubbish, but that is because most teams have worse players than us, and a lack of depth in their squad.

You look at some of the sides we are failing to beat at the moment and it's an embarrassment

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

How long does Cook get? on 08:36 - Apr 15 with 988 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

How long does Cook get? on 08:25 - Apr 15 by itfcjoe

The league is rubbish, but that is because most teams have worse players than us, and a lack of depth in their squad.

You look at some of the sides we are failing to beat at the moment and it's an embarrassment

I only watched the first half of the AFC W game but they seemed to be more skilful than us rather than just a better mentality.

How long does Cook get? on 08:41 - Apr 15 with 976 viewshype313

Agreed, I think your first line is the most pertinent one as in Mentality shot, I just think on paper these players should be far better than their counterparts, but I just think the past 3 years have ground them down so much and the negativity has been going on for so long it's so hard for someone like Cook to come in and change that overnight.

I was hopeful that a change of manager would be an instant relief, but it runs far deeper than that, and that's where we have all been caught short somewhat.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

How long does Cook get? on 09:03 - Apr 15 with 940 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Excatly , for years we've seen players turning out mediocre performances for us, only to leave and do much better, and often at a higher level.

Does the problem run deeper than just the management? Do we need a clear out of the coaching staff, physio's etc as well, and start from scratch?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024