Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chambers and nsiala 08:59 - Apr 25 with 3645 viewsTractorgirlforever

I think the fact that those 2 players, that cook has spoke very highly about, have been on the bench the past couple of weeks means they are certain to still be with us next season and i really hope they are. He doesnt need to look at those 2 any more and theyve probably been told that so not risking a long term injury with either of them .
Chambers and nsiala on 09:02 - Apr 25 with 3326 viewspointofblue

Chambers should really be moving into an off field role and Nsiala has only had one decent season at this level whilst looking horrifically accident prone at times. If we’re looking to rebuild one could possibly stay as backup but I don’t think we can have both on our books - not with the limited number of over 20s available to us.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Chambers and nsiala on 09:05 - Apr 25 with 3301 viewsfloridaboy

As club captain Chambers should be busting a gut to gee up those on the pitch who are performing so badly.

To me he looks just like the others. Doesn't give a t#ss!!

I think he has been told there won't be another contract!!
[Post edited 25 Apr 2021 9:06]
Chambers and nsiala on 09:07 - Apr 25 with 3265 viewsDanTheMan

Chambers and nsiala on 09:05 - Apr 25 by floridaboy

As club captain Chambers should be busting a gut to gee up those on the pitch who are performing so badly.

It's crazy, it's like he wasn't even on the pitch the last few games!

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Chambers and nsiala on 09:08 - Apr 25 with 3256 viewsTractorgirlforever

Chambers and nsiala on 09:05 - Apr 25 by floridaboy

I think chambers is the only one who DOES give a t#@s...hes that type of player, nothing but 100%, always has been ,always will be, whatever position hes asked to play, .you can only be as good as those around you sometimes
Chambers and nsiala on 09:10 - Apr 25 with 3226 viewsGuthrum

Defence isn't really our biggest problem, anyway. We've only conceded seven goals in the last eight matches, despite the pair of three-goal tonkings among them. Five of them were clean sheets.

All that needs is a bit of tweaking to get rid of the fragility if we go behind (which, IMO, has a lot to do with our inability to score,a nyway). It's the attack and goalscoring which need a major overhaul.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Chambers and nsiala on 09:47 - Apr 25 with 3050 viewsbluejacko

Chambers and nsiala on 09:02 - Apr 25 by pointofblue

Chambers should really be moving into an off field role and Nsiala has only had one decent season at this level whilst looking horrifically accident prone at times. If we’re looking to rebuild one could possibly stay as backup but I don’t think we can have both on our books - not with the limited number of over 20s available to us.

Why would any players coming in look at Chambers and think he can coach me? After all ha has been in the middle of this shower and shown that he hasn’t got what it takes to motivate his teammates on the pitch. Just let him go with the rest!
Chambers and nsiala on 09:53 - Apr 25 with 3012 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Chambers and nsiala on 09:10 - Apr 25 by Guthrum

Defence isn't really our biggest problem, anyway. We've only conceded seven goals in the last eight matches, despite the pair of three-goal tonkings among them. Five of them were clean sheets.

All that needs is a bit of tweaking to get rid of the fragility if we go behind (which, IMO, has a lot to do with our inability to score,a nyway). It's the attack and goalscoring which need a major overhaul.

Indeed. Defence is not the problem. I think Woolfenden, Nsiala and Wilson will all still be here next season.

Chambers is a trickier one. He is not getting any younger and, despite his clear passion and his good fitness, has been unable to provide the leadership we are so desperately missing. That should be tempered against the fact Cook has been unable to as well. I would have no issue with Chambers staying in a playing or non-playing role (or even a combination of both).

However, we need a clear out of numbers and we need leadership on the pitch that will be leadership into the Championship beyond next season. I think to enable these things, Chambers has to be amongst the more ruthless of the cuts that have to be made.

The other thing we need from the defence once we have found creative players is for them to chip in with goals from set pieces especially. I think Nsiala should be able to do that if we can get proper routines going.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Chambers and nsiala on 10:07 - Apr 25 with 2956 viewsGuthrum

Chambers and nsiala on 09:53 - Apr 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

Indeed. Defence is not the problem. I think Woolfenden, Nsiala and Wilson will all still be here next season.

Chambers is a trickier one. He is not getting any younger and, despite his clear passion and his good fitness, has been unable to provide the leadership we are so desperately missing. That should be tempered against the fact Cook has been unable to as well. I would have no issue with Chambers staying in a playing or non-playing role (or even a combination of both).

However, we need a clear out of numbers and we need leadership on the pitch that will be leadership into the Championship beyond next season. I think to enable these things, Chambers has to be amongst the more ruthless of the cuts that have to be made.

The other thing we need from the defence once we have found creative players is for them to chip in with goals from set pieces especially. I think Nsiala should be able to do that if we can get proper routines going.

I tend to agree on Chambers. We are probably approaching the time when he ought to be moved into a more coaching role (if applicable) or out, only being used as backup/reserve at most.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Chambers and nsiala on 10:25 - Apr 25 with 2879 viewsstantheman

Chambers and nsiala on 09:47 - Apr 25 by bluejacko

Why would any players coming in look at Chambers and think he can coach me? After all ha has been in the middle of this shower and shown that he hasn’t got what it takes to motivate his teammates on the pitch. Just let him go with the rest!

You cannot motivate most of our current squad. It's like trying to polish the proverbial (you can't write turd on here can you? Oh I just did)
Chambers and nsiala on 10:28 - Apr 25 with 2855 viewsgazzer1999

Chambers and nsiala on 09:08 - Apr 25 by Tractorgirlforever

I think chambers is the only one who DOES give a t#@s...hes that type of player, nothing but 100%, always has been ,always will be, whatever position hes asked to play, .you can only be as good as those around you sometimes

I agree he really does care, you could see Skuse was the only one that was annoyed with Edwards after 'that free kick'.
Chambers and nsiala on 10:38 - Apr 25 with 2788 viewsWickets

All these players are part of our soft underbelly part of our losing culture . PC will have to make a judgement call as who has the character and will to win to get past that and become part of a promotion winning side. Cook must have thought Alan Judge would not be able to do that so he has let him go. It will be interesting to see who can escape the cull .
[Post edited 25 Apr 2021 10:39]
Chambers and nsiala on 17:10 - Apr 25 with 2488 viewsArnieM

We need a decent GK ( Cornell back up)

A new Midfield

Four Strikers

Right back cover

left back first choice ( Nydam back up )

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Chambers and nsiala on 17:16 - Apr 25 with 2463 viewsWD19

I think the opposite is just as likely to be honest. i.e. he has been told he won’t be offered a playing contract but Cook knows that the likes of Chambers and Skuse are professional enough to be trusted on the bench despite knowing this.
Chambers and nsiala on 17:41 - Apr 25 with 2356 viewsJ2BLUE

Chambers and nsiala on 17:16 - Apr 25 by WD19

I think the opposite is just as likely to be honest. i.e. he has been told he won’t be offered a playing contract but Cook knows that the likes of Chambers and Skuse are professional enough to be trusted on the bench despite knowing this.

Can't see that being the case. It's an open goal to keep most of the defence. Sign a LB and perhaps a new starting CB. Offer deals to Kenlock and Donacien as back ups.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Chambers and nsiala on 19:49 - Apr 25 with 2194 viewsdirtyboy

Too many contradictions on here, you can’t say players aren’t good enough in one breath then blame Chambers for not leading the team to glory.

Our defence is not the issue. We don’t offer enough going forward, this constantly puts pressure on defence who have still done pretty darn well.

LB still needs work imo, but none of our back four combinations are the reason we are where we are over the course of the season. Or is Chambers supposed to be playing up front now ? I forget.
Chambers and nsiala on 20:09 - Apr 25 with 2128 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Chambers and nsiala on 10:28 - Apr 25 by gazzer1999

I agree he really does care, you could see Skuse was the only one that was annoyed with Edwards after 'that free kick'.

This is a good point, how many times do you see it watching football, someone does something inexplicable, doesn't beat the 1st man from a set piece, doesn't square it to the man who was unmarked or whatever and you see teammates give them an earful.

See that in many of our players? They're on the beach and on the phone to their agents.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2021 20:36]

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Chambers and nsiala on 20:17 - Apr 25 with 2096 viewspatrickswell

Chambers and nsiala on 10:28 - Apr 25 by gazzer1999

Dobra can also be seen throwing his hands into the air in bewilderment before running back to the centre circle.
Chambers and nsiala on 20:38 - Apr 25 with 2030 viewsStewart27

Chambers and nsiala on 09:02 - Apr 25 by pointofblue

It’d be lovely if Chambers had the credentials for a coaching role. If he hasn’t then he has to go. There is no room for sentiment in the overhaul.
Chambers and nsiala on 20:44 - Apr 25 with 2007 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Chambers and nsiala on 19:49 - Apr 25 by dirtyboy

Too many contradictions on here, you can’t say players aren’t good enough in one breath then blame Chambers for not leading the team to glory.

Our defence is not the issue. We don’t offer enough going forward, this constantly puts pressure on defence who have still done pretty darn well.

LB still needs work imo, but none of our back four combinations are the reason we are where we are over the course of the season. Or is Chambers supposed to be playing up front now ? I forget.

Except I didn't say that. I pointed out Cook hasn't been able to lift them either. I said the main issue with Chambers is that we need a leader for next season and in the Championship beyond that. Chambers, whether he would be that man for next season, won't be the one for the Championship beyond it and so we need someone else for that role.

As I said, I would have no issue with us keeping Chambers. However, I feel the time has come that we need to move on from him. Certainly in terms of a captain at least.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Chambers and nsiala on 22:57 - Apr 25 with 1863 viewsBlueForYou

Chambers? The epitome of failure for me. Tough on him perhaps but we must move on.
Chambers and nsiala on 06:01 - Apr 26 with 1737 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Chambers and nsiala on 22:57 - Apr 25 by BlueForYou

Chambers? The epitome of failure for me. Tough on him perhaps but we must move on.

Agree let’s not forget when he and Skuse retire the wealth that both these individuals will have acquired over the years will be mainly contributed by ITFC. We have made both these men very wealthy and whilst they have given service I.e time back to us neither have led us to glory in anyway shape or form. I can’t remember them turning down bigger clubs during there stay with us etc

They have not done the job for free!! In fact I am sure I heard the club paid for his annexe to be built in return that he would put youngsters up for a period as they were having trouble housing them at the time so in return for putting youngsters up for 5/6 months he got a lovely 4/5 bed annexe built on his grounds and added to his house value massively one can only imagine.

We must be cutthroat in this process if we want to start being taken seriously and get rid of this cosy culture that have enveloped the club under their captaincy and vice captaincy.
Chambers and nsiala on 09:09 - Apr 26 with 1542 viewsdirtyboy

Chambers and nsiala on 20:44 - Apr 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

Except I didn't say that. I pointed out Cook hasn't been able to lift them either. I said the main issue with Chambers is that we need a leader for next season and in the Championship beyond that. Chambers, whether he would be that man for next season, won't be the one for the Championship beyond it and so we need someone else for that role.

As I said, I would have no issue with us keeping Chambers. However, I feel the time has come that we need to move on from him. Certainly in terms of a captain at least.

Apologies, I quoted you but didn't mean to direct the opening to you.

I also think Chambers will know in himself where he sits in the current set up, he's a good honest pro and if he doesn't think he's right to be captain anymore, he'll take it well and do whatever is required of him.
Chambers and nsiala on 09:16 - Apr 26 with 1523 viewsKropotkin123

He clearly wants to see which players he wants to keep and is giving those he is in doubt about the chance to prove themselves.

Pretty sure Phil said Chambers is likely to be involved as a squad player next season. Based on him being our best player this season and his ability to play in 3 of the 4 Def positions as a back up, I doubt we'll get rid of him.

Nsiala is competent enough to play in defence at this level as a first choice or a backup next season. As many have said. Our defence has been okay for most of this season and needs the least amount of work to bring it up to standard for a promotion push.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2021 9:20]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Chambers and nsiala on 09:17 - Apr 26 with 1517 viewsMrTown

Neither will be here.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Chambers and nsiala on 09:19 - Apr 26 with 1511 viewschicoazul

Chambers and nsiala on 09:17 - Apr 26 by MrTown

Neither will be here.

Wrong.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024