Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ha ha nice try MacAntony.... 21:12 - May 19 with 4076 viewsArnieM

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/posh-chief-urges-ipswich-sign-eisa-798

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Ha ha nice try MacAntony.... on 21:15 - May 19 with 3994 viewshype313

He struggled when they started playing one up top, why does he think he would be a success here then 🤔

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Ha ha nice try MacAntony.... on 21:23 - May 19 with 3854 viewsBryanPlug

Ha ha nice try MacAntony.... on 21:15 - May 19 by hype313

He struggled when they started playing one up top, why does he think he would be a success here then 🤔

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Ha ha nice try MacAntony.... on 21:42 - May 19 with 3627 viewspointofblue

Teams that play good football and create plenty of chances... Eisa will have to wait for the overhaul.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Ha ha nice try MacAntony.... on 22:02 - May 19 with 3472 viewsBonchosBicycle

"He would get 25 goals in a good League One team like Charlton, Oxford, Ipswich or Portsmouth - teams that play good football and create a lot of chances."

He's clearly not seen us play the last couple of years if he thinks we create a lot of chances.
Ha ha nice try MacAntony.... on 22:06 - May 19 with 3412 viewsBlueBadger

Be fair, they've millions out of us on the like of Edwards and Paul Taylor, you can't blame him for chancing his arm.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ha ha nice try MacAntony.... on 22:25 - May 19 with 3223 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Ha ha nice try MacAntony.... on 22:02 - May 19 by BonchosBicycle

"He would get 25 goals in a good League One team like Charlton, Oxford, Ipswich or Portsmouth - teams that play good football and create a lot of chances."

He's clearly not seen us play the last couple of years if he thinks we create a lot of chances.

Not seen us play since Royle or Magilton by the sounds of things.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Ha ha nice try MacAntony.... on 23:16 - May 19 with 2869 viewsPortman_Pie

Just trying to fob off another bad egg onto a bunch of desperate mugs.. nothing new. Savvy business man in my book...
Ha ha nice try MacAntony.... on 23:35 - May 19 with 2791 viewsGuthrum

Ha ha nice try MacAntony.... on 23:16 - May 19 by Portman_Pie

Just trying to fob off another bad egg onto a bunch of desperate mugs.. nothing new. Savvy business man in my book...

Is he a bad egg? I got the impression (from his time at Cheltenham, in League Two) that he was a decent striker. Just perhaps not quite the quality of Toney or Clarke-Harris if you're going to play one up top.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Ha ha nice try MacAntony.... on 08:14 - May 20 with 2379 viewsIpswichKnight

Probably still thinks ME is in charge!
Ha ha nice try MacAntony.... on 08:20 - May 20 with 2342 viewsGeoffSentence

Ha ha nice try MacAntony.... on 21:42 - May 19 by pointofblue

Teams that play good football and create plenty of chances... Eisa will have to wait for the overhaul.

My first thought was that he was taking the mick

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Ha ha nice try MacAntony.... on 08:27 - May 20 with 2300 viewsChurchman

It shows how low we’ve sunk when a bloke from Peterborough tries to mug us off with their throw outs. Under contract, bigged up, I’ve no doubt MacAntony would want 2-3m for him. Good on him for trying though. It’s going to be a long summer.
Ha ha nice try MacAntony.... on 11:20 - May 20 with 1962 viewsPinewoodblue

Eisa’s younger brother is also available, on a free, having been released by Scunthorpe. Don’t be put off by the fact he was signed by Hurst. Plays as a goal scoring winger.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Ha ha nice try MacAntony.... on 11:22 - May 20 with 1944 viewsKieran_Knows

Ha ha nice try MacAntony.... on 22:06 - May 19 by BlueBadger

Be fair, they've millions out of us on the like of Edwards and Paul Taylor, you can't blame him for chancing his arm.

I fear under Evans, we'd have fallen for it as well!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Ha ha nice try MacAntony.... on 11:54 - May 20 with 1848 viewshoppy

"'He would get 25 goals in a team like Ipswich'"

Would MacAnthony give a money back guarantee on that statement?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Ha ha nice try MacAntony.... on 15:58 - May 20 with 1551 viewsSuffolkPOSH

I wouldn't describe Mo as a "bad egg", he has been a tad unlucky @ Posh. In his first season, pre Christmas, he scored 15 goals, which matched Toney @ the time & only lost his place when Dembele hit form & gave the team greater balance. This was further the case when Sammie joined on loan.

It could be agrued that Mo is a more natural goal scorer than both Toney & JCH but he doesn't have their work rate & physical presence. I don't think he would suit Ipswich but he would add something to other teams @ league one level. Suspect our "crooked" chairman would accept anything in the region of £500/600k. Surely worth a punt, not big money & is a proven goal scorer. Don't be fooled by his lack of goals this season as most of his appearences have been as sub. A gamble, yes, but under the right manager there is a goal scorer in the right team.
Ha ha nice try MacAntony.... on 16:40 - May 20 with 1457 viewsChurchman

Ha ha nice try MacAntony.... on 15:58 - May 20 by SuffolkPOSH

I wouldn't describe Mo as a "bad egg", he has been a tad unlucky @ Posh. In his first season, pre Christmas, he scored 15 goals, which matched Toney @ the time & only lost his place when Dembele hit form & gave the team greater balance. This was further the case when Sammie joined on loan.

It could be agrued that Mo is a more natural goal scorer than both Toney & JCH but he doesn't have their work rate & physical presence. I don't think he would suit Ipswich but he would add something to other teams @ league one level. Suspect our "crooked" chairman would accept anything in the region of £500/600k. Surely worth a punt, not big money & is a proven goal scorer. Don't be fooled by his lack of goals this season as most of his appearences have been as sub. A gamble, yes, but under the right manager there is a goal scorer in the right team.

‘Doesn’t have their work rate & physical presence’. Given we are getting rid of a squad of players that couldn’t manage more than 45 mins football without needing the iron lung and were trampled all over by just about every team with ‘work rate’, I cannot see why Cook would want this particular Peterborough leaving.

Surely MacAntony is still dining out on dumping off that waste of space Paul Taylor for £1.5m more than he was worth. Laying off Gwion Edwards on us for £700k must have had him rolling in the aisles too. Having mugged us off so successfully before, why not try again, I suppose.
[Post edited 20 May 2021 16:41]
Ha ha nice try MacAntony.... on 17:03 - May 20 with 1388 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Ha ha nice try MacAntony.... on 23:16 - May 19 by Portman_Pie

Bad egg?

Excelled at Cheltenham, never got a break at Bristol City, Did well again at Posh until the lineup changed. Lot of posts on this thread that sound like they've never really seen him play.

At the end of the day, is he better than we've got?

Hawkins [Tick]

Drinan [Tick]

Jackson [Tick]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Ha ha nice try MacAntony.... on 17:07 - May 20 with 1369 viewsmonty_radio

Ha ha nice try MacAntony.... on 08:14 - May 20 by IpswichKnight

Probably still thinks ME is in charge!

Actually, didn't he go on record just before the sale as saying to Marcus that his insistence on keeping at arm's length from the club and the fans had done him no favours? I think he talks a lot of sense and nonsense - often the case when one is addicted to talking per se.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Ha ha nice try MacAntony.... on 17:12 - May 20 with 1351 viewsRedX

Ha ha nice try MacAntony.... on 21:23 - May 19 by BryanPlug

Why's he a crook?
Ha ha nice try MacAntony.... on 17:21 - May 20 with 1324 viewsBryanPlug

Ha ha nice try MacAntony.... on 17:12 - May 20 by RedX

Why's he a crook?

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024