Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our player of the season 09:55 - May 22 with 3092 viewstextbackup

“I think we under-achieved in terms of the fans’ eyes, but if you look at the squad on paper we weren’t really ready to get promoted.”

Underachieved in fans eyes - so Wilson felt the season was ok

That’s one hell of a mentality

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Our player of the season on 10:06 - May 22 with 2645 viewspatrickswell

It’s a hell of a diplomatic way of saying “Everybody was phoning in it, because to do more was too much effort”.

Also goes to show just how much the hierarchy at the club were working to try and get everybody to accept mid-table in League One as the height of the club’s ambitions.
[Post edited 22 May 2021 10:08]
Our player of the season on 10:13 - May 22 with 2607 viewsfloridaboy

Can see now why the players basically didn't want to know when Cook came in.

Had had it pretty cushy, getting a very safe and objected to Cook coming in and telling them they are unfit and not good enough!

Well done PC IMHO!
Our player of the season on 10:29 - May 22 with 2544 viewsbournemouthblue

Our player of the season on 10:13 - May 22 by floridaboy

Had had it pretty cushy, getting a very safe and objected to Cook coming in and telling them they are unfit and not good enough!

Well done PC IMHO!

It's interesting that whilst Hurst was a disaster, he saw something in the squad that worried him fitnesswise

I know Cole Skuse reckoned the Pre-Season under Hurst is hardest one he had ever experienced

When Paul Cook turned up here, he was amazed how unfit the squad was as well

I'm told he had some sort of practice game going on and as punishment afterwards, he made them do laps around the field and told them to do it until he came back, he then didn't reappear.
[Post edited 22 May 2021 10:31]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Our player of the season on 10:40 - May 22 with 2501 viewspointofblue

To be honest, creatively he has a point - we weren’t nearly good enough squad wise in the final third of the pitch. And, despite that, we were still one point off the play offs when Cook took over which shows how horrific League One was in 20/21.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Our player of the season on 10:50 - May 22 with 2473 viewstextbackup

Our player of the season on 10:29 - May 22 by bournemouthblue

It's interesting that whilst Hurst was a disaster, he saw something in the squad that worried him fitnesswise

I know Cole Skuse reckoned the Pre-Season under Hurst is hardest one he had ever experienced

When Paul Cook turned up here, he was amazed how unfit the squad was as well

I'm told he had some sort of practice game going on and as punishment afterwards, he made them do laps around the field and told them to do it until he came back, he then didn't reappear.
[Post edited 22 May 2021 10:31]

Was strikers vs defence I think, strikers won 1-0.... and he just left as couldn't face how terrible they were.

Our player of the season on 10:52 - May 22 with 2459 viewsKeno

Our player of the season on 10:50 - May 22 by textbackup

Was strikers vs defence I think, strikers won 1-0.... and he just left as couldn't face how terrible they were.

yep, but the one was a defensive error leading to an own goal

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Our player of the season on 13:37 - May 22 with 2279 viewsBryanPlug

Our player of the season on 10:13 - May 22 by floridaboy

Well done PC IMHO!

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Our player of the season on 13:40 - May 22 with 2272 viewsJ2BLUE

It's nonsense. He knows it, we know, the local media know it. It's an answer to satisfy his new employers, not us.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Our player of the season on 14:10 - May 22 with 2217 viewsBlueBadger

Our player of the season on 13:37 - May 22 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

You must think an awful lot of Chambers and Skuse if you think they've been the ones setting overall club strategy, running the first team, organising transfers....

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Our player of the season on 14:39 - May 22 with 2212 viewsitfcjoe

I really don't get that, because speak to any other player and it's miles different to what they think/thought.

Their frustration was Lambert phoning it in, when they needed more

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Our player of the season on 14:45 - May 22 with 2167 viewschrismakin

Our player of the season on 14:39 - May 22 by itfcjoe

I really don't get that, because speak to any other player and it's miles different to what they think/thought.

Perhaps that was one of the biggest problems. We had a handful believing. A handful who didnt etc

PC mentioned the trust thing which is a massive point. If you've got players going out not believing in their own team winning youre not going to get a positive outcome etc.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Our player of the season on 14:45 - May 22 with 2179 viewsVic

Indeed. Sadly the same mentality came through in Chambers interview. It’s a real problem when the club captain and the POTY both think they’ve been doing ok. I guess that’s the attitude that Cookie identified as needing to be dug out. Still think he could have done it in a better way but it does seem like his diagnosis is right.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Our player of the season on 14:49 - May 22 with 2165 viewsVic

Our player of the season on 14:39 - May 22 by itfcjoe

That’s tantalizing Joe! Can you tell us more?

Why didn’t they pick it up when Cook came in and gave them ‘more’? Did he really wind them up right from the start?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Our player of the season on 14:49 - May 22 with 2154 viewschrismakin

Our player of the season on 14:45 - May 22 by Vic

Indeed. Sadly the same mentality came through in Chambers interview. It’s a real problem when the club captain and the POTY both think they’ve been doing ok. I guess that’s the attitude that Cookie identified as needing to be dug out. Still think he could have done it in a better way but it does seem like his diagnosis is right.

I think we saw a frustrated PC

Imagine going into a club 1 point outside playoffs

You have success at the same level with 2 different clubs. On paper you feel you've got playoffs minimum to take the team into.

But then after a month you see how difficult it is to get the side playing positive winning football and no matter what you did with it.. nothing changed and the more mature players you think would step up.. didnt.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Our player of the season on 15:03 - May 22 with 2141 viewsChurchman

Our player of the season on 14:45 - May 22 by Vic

Agreed. It certainly did come through in Chambers interview. Is there an element of ‘I did my bit, it was the other guys’? Ultimately it stems from a culture of mediocrity that’s been going through the club for years.

Watching the Brentford game, it’s striking how much they have been striving to improve on and off the field over the past few years and what they’ve achieved. The contrast with ITFC is stark.

Hopefully that will change going forward and we will see things begin to happen from the beginning of June.
Our player of the season on 15:10 - May 22 with 2122 viewsitfcjoe

Our player of the season on 14:49 - May 22 by Vic

That’s tantalizing Joe! Can you tell us more?

Why didn’t they pick it up when Cook came in and gave them ‘more’? Did he really wind them up right from the start?

Well there was a feeling before Lambert went they were staying in touch in spite of him not because of him.......I can't say I've spoken much to anyuone since Cook came in, but nothing I hear (which is nearly all second hand at the moment) is particularly good with how he has been since he came in

Our player of the season on 15:14 - May 22 with 2107 viewstextbackup

Our player of the season on 15:03 - May 22 by Churchman

Agreed. It certainly did come through in Chambers interview. Is there an element of ‘I did my bit, it was the other guys’? Ultimately it stems from a culture of mediocrity that’s been going through the club for years.

Watching the Brentford game, it’s striking how much they have been striving to improve on and off the field over the past few years and what they’ve achieved. The contrast with ITFC is stark.

Hopefully that will change going forward and we will see things begin to happen from the beginning of June.

It’s like what PC said, they look for someone else to do it.

They genuinely seem to believe they have one task each per game, without trying anything above and beyond.

I really like Skuse as a bloke and a player, but it really got me when he said ‘I wasn’t brought in to score goals’ - no mate you weren’t, but feeling content at sitting deep, and carrying out one task each match screams mediocre. Strive to want more, want to add 5/6 goals a season, he played weekly, and scored twice in 250 odd games.

Our player of the season on 15:16 - May 22 with 2099 viewsgtsb1966

Our player of the season on 15:10 - May 22 by itfcjoe

Well there was a feeling before Lambert went they were staying in touch in spite of him not because of him.......I can't say I've spoken much to anyuone since Cook came in, but nothing I hear (which is nearly all second hand at the moment) is particularly good with how he has been since he came in

You don't like him do you. A lot of your posts seem to suggest that.
Our player of the season on 15:21 - May 22 with 2082 viewstextbackup

Our player of the season on 15:10 - May 22 by itfcjoe

It’s not going to be good is it, purely because the work dodgers have been called out for it.

I’m sure KD gave a fantastic interview speaking very highly of him.
[Post edited 22 May 2021 15:21]

Our player of the season on 15:27 - May 22 with 2054 viewsgtsb1966

Our player of the season on 15:21 - May 22 by textbackup

It’s not going to be good is it, purely because the work dodgers have been called out for it.

They were my thoughts too. He wasn't brought here to persist with underachievers. I don't go along with the "I've heard this" statements by various people. I'll reserve my judgement on Cook until he has his own team.
Our player of the season on 15:45 - May 22 with 2001 viewsitfcjoe

Our player of the season on 15:16 - May 22 by gtsb1966

You don't like him do you. A lot of your posts seem to suggest that.

I think he's done a poor job so far, in nearly all facets

Our player of the season on 15:46 - May 22 with 1994 viewstextbackup

Our player of the season on 15:27 - May 22 by gtsb1966

They were my thoughts too. He wasn't brought here to persist with underachievers. I don't go along with the "I've heard this" statements by various people. I'll reserve my judgement on Cook until he has his own team.

Too right.

Our player of the season on 15:47 - May 22 with 1995 viewsitfcjoe

Our player of the season on 15:21 - May 22 by textbackup

Yep, the Dyer interview gives some hope for what he is doing - do think we have tried to be too clever in taking options on players and trying to shift them - we had a good opportunity to totally revitalise and refresh squad - which I personally think was right thing to do......but we seem to have made that harder for ourselves unnecessarily so.

Our player of the season on 15:51 - May 22 with 1973 viewsgtsb1966

Our player of the season on 15:47 - May 22 by itfcjoe

Yep, the Dyer interview gives some hope for what he is doing - do think we have tried to be too clever in taking options on players and trying to shift them - we had a good opportunity to totally revitalise and refresh squad - which I personally think was right thing to do......but we seem to have made that harder for ourselves unnecessarily so.

I 100% agree with you on the options on players issue. I really didn't get that at all.
Our player of the season on 15:56 - May 22 with 1958 viewsitfcjoe

Our player of the season on 15:51 - May 22 by gtsb1966

I 100% agree with you on the options on players issue. I really didn't get that at all.

Had we not done that we’d have 14 or so senior pros, and only pressure to shift a couple out from there - feels like it puts a lot of pressure to get a lot right done. But who knows at what level those decisions were made to keep them

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024