Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? 10:48 - Jun 7 with 5700 viewsSmithy

Of course will be undisclosed as it always is, reckon we will scrape £500k

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 10:50 - Jun 7 with 4429 viewsStokieBlue

Firstly, I hope he doesn't go.

However if he does the fee shouldn't be the concern. He's not reached his possible potential so the main concern should be securing the largest % sell-on clause possible as the transfer after this one is the one where the potential money would be made.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 12:30 - Jun 7 with 4201 viewsHighgateBlue

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 10:50 - Jun 7 by StokieBlue

However if he does the fee shouldn't be the concern. He's not reached his possible potential so the main concern should be securing the largest % sell-on clause possible as the transfer after this one is the one where the potential money would be made.

SB

It would be remiss not to have some sort of sell-on, but I"d rather have £1m for him now, than the possibility of 20% of £20m later, not least because it's revenue now that will inflate our turnover and give us more leeway in the market for wages. But I guess it depends on your view of how likely he is to make it big further down the line. If he ever sells for £20m I'd be surprised. On current evidence he's more likely to be an Owen Garvan than a Darren Bent or an Adam Webster...

Good luck to the lad though, and all that.
Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 12:36 - Jun 7 with 4141 viewsHerbivore

I think £500k up front is probably about right, which is mad when you think about what we probably could have got for him 3 years ago. I expect there will be top ups and a sell on as well.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 12:45 - Jun 7 with 4084 viewsRobTheMonk

1 million + top ups.
Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 12:46 - Jun 7 with 4060 viewschrismakin

£2.5 mill

i said it so i got to stand by it really lol

probably though, 250k plus add ons with high sell on fee
[Post edited 7 Jun 2021 12:47]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 12:48 - Jun 7 with 4039 viewsTractorCam

SB

This.

I reckon £500k is about right and a fair price, but like you say QPR may bring out a better version so we need to think about the future. I definitely have more faith in us sorting this out now than a few months ago.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 13:39 - Jun 7 with 3886 viewsipswichtillidie

SB

Wouldn’t be disappointed to see him leave. I base that on a nearly a full season in the team with 1 goal and 2 assists. If people take their blue tinted glasses off for a second I don’t really know what type of player he is. He doesn’t make goals or score them. He doesn’t get about people with great effect and he’s certainly not got the athleticism to be a box to box player and IMO he isn’t a luxury we can afford to have atm. Yes he can pick a pass and has lovely disguise but doesn’t do a lot else for me. Obviously hasn’t reached his full potential and that would be the only reason to keep him but given the circumstances I wouldn’t be disappointed to see the lad move on.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2021 13:41]

Gav

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 13:42 - Jun 7 with 3842 viewschicoazul

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 12:36 - Jun 7 by Herbivore

I think £500k up front is probably about right, which is mad when you think about what we probably could have got for him 3 years ago. I expect there will be top ups and a sell on as well.

Yeah 500 sounds about right.
Any boyos know if the club can count transfer fees incoming towards the salary cap thing..?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 13:46 - Jun 7 with 3770 viewsMrTown

He's under a long term deal, has England youth pedigree, a substantial amount of football last season and still the tender age of 22.

I think a figure around £1.5M would be aggressive but feasible

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 13:48 - Jun 7 with 3757 viewsjayessess

SB

Not sure I get this logic, really.

This isn't a case of a player excelling here and us anticipating that their ceiling is even higher than the buying club. This is a player we've deemed surplus to requirements, who we've made the judgement that their performances and potential don't merit keeping them.

That being the case if we back that judgement, shouldn't we just be maximising the up front fee?

It's like we'd be going into it thinking "this is probably a mistake, lol".

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 13:59 - Jun 7 with 3675 viewsHerbivore

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 13:46 - Jun 7 by MrTown

He's under a long term deal, has England youth pedigree, a substantial amount of football last season and still the tender age of 22.

I think a figure around £1.5M would be aggressive but feasible

Playing a fair amount of football this season has probably harmed rather than boosted his sale value.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 14:08 - Jun 7 with 3600 viewsStokieBlue

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 13:48 - Jun 7 by jayessess

This isn't a case of a player excelling here and us anticipating that their ceiling is even higher than the buying club. This is a player we've deemed surplus to requirements, who we've made the judgement that their performances and potential don't merit keeping them.

That being the case if we back that judgement, shouldn't we just be maximising the up front fee?

There are countless examples of players who leave one club at a relatively early age but then go on to do well.

We aren't going to get a big fee for him now so for the sake of a few hundred thousand I think maximising the possible future cashflow would be the wisest move.

You can of course disagree :).

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 14:12 - Jun 7 with 3571 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 13:48 - Jun 7 by jayessess

No harm in hedging our bets.

Equally with Andre I'm not sure its about talent but more fit. With the right players around him he could flourish. I think £500k is about right too which seems low given we were talking about £4 million a year or 2 ago.....I'd defo want that 20% sell o

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 14:14 - Jun 7 with 3563 viewshype313

£750k with a sell on.

Money is tight across the board for all clubs, also, he's been essentially put on the transfer list, so for us to then say £5m wouldn't make much sense. If Cook does want him out then we have to be realistic with the fee.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 14:20 - Jun 7 with 3546 viewsjayessess

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 14:12 - Jun 7 by BlueandTruesince82

No harm in hedging our bets.

Equally with Andre I'm not sure its about talent but more fit. With the right players around him he could flourish. I think £500k is about right too which seems low given we were talking about £4 million a year or 2 ago.....I'd defo want that 20% sell o

There's a difference between hedging your bets and betting against your own judgement, I think. Got the distinct impression that people were advocating we prioritise the sell-on over the initial fee...

I dunno, if you're actively anticipating that the player you're discarding will probably end up with a lot more value isn't that the point at which your CEO steps in and asks what exactly we're doing?
[Post edited 7 Jun 2021 14:25]

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 14:28 - Jun 7 with 3501 viewsPrideOfTheEast

SB

Exactly. If he’s off to QPR then Presumably something in the £1m range with a large sell on.
Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 14:28 - Jun 7 with 3496 viewsMerseyBlue

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 13:39 - Jun 7 by ipswichtillidie

Wouldn’t be disappointed to see him leave. I base that on a nearly a full season in the team with 1 goal and 2 assists. If people take their blue tinted glasses off for a second I don’t really know what type of player he is. He doesn’t make goals or score them. He doesn’t get about people with great effect and he’s certainly not got the athleticism to be a box to box player and IMO he isn’t a luxury we can afford to have atm. Yes he can pick a pass and has lovely disguise but doesn’t do a lot else for me. Obviously hasn’t reached his full potential and that would be the only reason to keep him but given the circumstances I wouldn’t be disappointed to see the lad move on.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2021 13:41]

I think that's pretty spot on to be honest, if his name wasn't Dozzell I think most would have wanted him gone a long time ago. Countless times I've been excited to see him play and have a positive impact on a game, Countless times I've come away disappointed. Yes the sides he's been in have been largely poor, but I would like to think a quality player would be able to muster up more than a couple of nice passes every so often.

Regardless of if he stays or goes, I wish him well and hope he kicks on next season but I can't see it myself.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 14:32 - Jun 7 with 3452 viewsgordon

A savvy, well-run Championship club could probably pick up Woolfenden, Dobra, Downes and Dozzell for about £3 million in total, wages wouldn't be excessive, and the chances are that at least one will be worth a whole lot more than £3million after a season.
Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 14:37 - Jun 7 with 3405 viewsgordon

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 14:28 - Jun 7 by MerseyBlue

I think that's pretty spot on to be honest, if his name wasn't Dozzell I think most would have wanted him gone a long time ago. Countless times I've been excited to see him play and have a positive impact on a game, Countless times I've come away disappointed. Yes the sides he's been in have been largely poor, but I would like to think a quality player would be able to muster up more than a couple of nice passes every so often.

Regardless of if he stays or goes, I wish him well and hope he kicks on next season but I can't see it myself.

It sounds like your position is more about the expectations you've built up around him and his name and the disappointment that's left you with, rather than just treating him as another young player.

We've also got 21 year olds at the club who haven't got anywhere near playing a first-team game!
Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 15:01 - Jun 7 with 3308 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 14:20 - Jun 7 by jayessess

There's a difference between hedging your bets and betting against your own judgement, I think. Got the distinct impression that people were advocating we prioritise the sell-on over the initial fee...

I dunno, if you're actively anticipating that the player you're discarding will probably end up with a lot more value isn't that the point at which your CEO steps in and asks what exactly we're doing?
[Post edited 7 Jun 2021 14:25]

I think thats a bit black n white...... if its about fit or if its because Andre cant handle there physical side of L1 or that doesnt suit his game etc

Equally maybe he just needs a fresh start, a change is as good as a rest and all that.

I donr see it as betting against your own judgement, I see it as covering your basis beside you don't know in football.

He could have 1 great season and then do nothing ever again but if off then back of that someone lumps out a wedge to sign him then I some one that comming back to us.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 15:15 - Jun 7 with 3240 viewsjonbull88

If we get £500k with a 20% sell on I’d be very happy. As has been stated by others in this thread Andre has got a huge let off when it come to accountability due to his surename. He’s played a lot this season and has to be seen as part of the problem this season IMO. As others have stated what does he actually bring to the team? He lacks that attacking threat needed tbh, whilst also lacking defensive initiative. He also lacks the bottle to get the game by the scruff of the neck and dictate play.

For me it’s a shame for Andre purely based on his fathers success here, however I won’t shed much of a tear if he moves on, something I feel needs to happen to kick his career on and make a name for himself.
Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 15:26 - Jun 7 with 3181 viewstextbackup

having Mr Ashton here, from what ive read, I think we can expect him to play hardball a bit.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 15:28 - Jun 7 with 3169 viewshype313

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 15:26 - Jun 7 by textbackup

having Mr Ashton here, from what ive read, I think we can expect him to play hardball a bit.

Playing hardball over a player you have essentially transfer listed? doesn't make sense.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 15:33 - Jun 7 with 3132 viewsjayessess

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 15:28 - Jun 7 by hype313

Playing hardball over a player you have essentially transfer listed? doesn't make sense.

you can only really play hardball if, ultimately, you're prepared to keep the player.

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 15:42 - Jun 7 with 3097 viewsMerseyBlue

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 14:37 - Jun 7 by gordon

It sounds like your position is more about the expectations you've built up around him and his name and the disappointment that's left you with, rather than just treating him as another young player.

We've also got 21 year olds at the club who haven't got anywhere near playing a first-team game!

No I'm not really expecting much, just someone that has a good game rather than a good 10 minutes of a game every now and then. He's 22 now, he's played 93 times for us and hasn't contributed much. Part of it could be that he's had a lack of quality competition - Bishop is a very similar story and Downes has been in and out of the side for numerous reasons. Maybe in a new environment he would thrive but I personally can't see it.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024