Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? 10:48 - Jun 7 with 5694 viewsSmithy

Of course will be undisclosed as it always is, reckon we will scrape £500k

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 16:11 - Jun 7 with 982 viewsChipLimehouse

Based on ability, the fact he can walk around the pitch for 90 mins without breaking sweat and doing a first rate invisible man impression.

I would suggest we ask for a few tins of paint for the upcoming ground refurbishments
[Post edited 7 Jun 2021 16:13]
Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 16:38 - Jun 7 with 928 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 14:28 - Jun 7 by MerseyBlue

I think that's pretty spot on to be honest, if his name wasn't Dozzell I think most would have wanted him gone a long time ago. Countless times I've been excited to see him play and have a positive impact on a game, Countless times I've come away disappointed. Yes the sides he's been in have been largely poor, but I would like to think a quality player would be able to muster up more than a couple of nice passes every so often.

Regardless of if he stays or goes, I wish him well and hope he kicks on next season but I can't see it myself.

Couple of stops and tackles too as he was asked to play as a defensive midfielder number of times.

Nothing special. Just do some elementary stuff but he isn't even able to do that. Not only needless free-kicks he gives away. Watch that screamer for Swindon at Portman Road too. Twine had a freedom of the pitch to launch a shot he made. Dozzell? Despite close vicinity to Twine he isn't bothered to close him down or try to stop him. He's just jogging.

Hope he leaves us and if he does fine at QPR then so be it. We need better players than him to get out of this league.
Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 17:03 - Jun 7 with 904 viewstextbackup

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 15:28 - Jun 7 by hype313

Playing hardball over a player you have essentially transfer listed? doesn't make sense.

yeah because i'm sure MA wont try bullsht that one a little.

QPR "your manager said they can all go"
MA "that was before I joined... and AD is very much in the clubs long term plans"

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 17:17 - Jun 7 with 870 viewsreusersfreekicks

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 14:28 - Jun 7 by MerseyBlue

I think that's pretty spot on to be honest, if his name wasn't Dozzell I think most would have wanted him gone a long time ago. Countless times I've been excited to see him play and have a positive impact on a game, Countless times I've come away disappointed. Yes the sides he's been in have been largely poor, but I would like to think a quality player would be able to muster up more than a couple of nice passes every so often.

Regardless of if he stays or goes, I wish him well and hope he kicks on next season but I can't see it myself.

All this rehashed nonsense about him getting different treatment due to his last name is lazy over simplification
Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 17:40 - Jun 7 with 832 viewsjayessess

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 17:17 - Jun 7 by reusersfreekicks

All this rehashed nonsense about him getting different treatment due to his last name is lazy over simplification

Is there anyone at the club that gets a harder ride off supporters than Dozzell? There's 20 threads digging him out for every 1 aimed at Teddy Bishop, despite Bish being more senior and arguably having a worse season.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 17:43 - Jun 7 with 824 viewschrismakin

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 17:40 - Jun 7 by jayessess

Is there anyone at the club that gets a harder ride off supporters than Dozzell? There's 20 threads digging him out for every 1 aimed at Teddy Bishop, despite Bish being more senior and arguably having a worse season.

I think the general consensus is Bishop isn't good enough and there aren't too many who hold a different view on that front

Dozzell spits opinion more than any other player imo.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 17:59 - Jun 7 with 796 viewschicoazul

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 17:40 - Jun 7 by jayessess

It’s almost as if….as if…..hhmmmm

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 18:02 - Jun 7 with 781 viewsWD19

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 17:59 - Jun 7 by chicoazul

It’s almost as if….as if…..hhmmmm

As if he gets lumped in the same bucket as Skuse!?
Login to get fewer ads

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 18:02 - Jun 7 with 786 viewsMerseyBlue

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 17:17 - Jun 7 by reusersfreekicks

So what has he done to warrant a place in the side? He doesn't create, he doesn't control, he doesn't move with any purpose. All he has really ever delivered was a goal against Leeds in a meaningless game at the end of a crap season, and a couple of nice passes every now and then. What does he offer?

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 18:07 - Jun 7 with 777 viewsreusersfreekicks

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 18:02 - Jun 7 by MerseyBlue

So what has he done to warrant a place in the side? He doesn't create, he doesn't control, he doesn't move with any purpose. All he has really ever delivered was a goal against Leeds in a meaningless game at the end of a crap season, and a couple of nice passes every now and then. What does he offer?

My mistake, on that logic the whole of the team that underperformed last year are related to former players. A real eye opener
Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 18:07 - Jun 7 with 775 viewschicoazul

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 18:02 - Jun 7 by WD19

As if he gets lumped in the same bucket as Skuse!?

I just think it’s depressingly familiar to see a young black Ipswich player getting OTT abuse off the fans yet again as opposed to blonde haired blue eyed boy Bishop for eg.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 18:13 - Jun 7 with 770 viewsjayessess

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 17:43 - Jun 7 by chrismakin

I think the general consensus is Bishop isn't good enough and there aren't too many who hold a different view on that front

Dozzell spits opinion more than any other player imo.

I don't think I've ever seen Bishop being described in the vitriolic terms that people go after Dozzell with.

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 18:27 - Jun 7 with 760 viewsMerseyBlue

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 18:07 - Jun 7 by reusersfreekicks

My mistake, on that logic the whole of the team that underperformed last year are related to former players. A real eye opener

He's played 93 times for us mate, it's not just about last season. You haven't said anything positive about him, you're just upset with my point of view. Like I said in my original comment, I'd like to see him kick on next year but I've got no reason to believe he will. What reason do you have?

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 18:33 - Jun 7 with 749 viewsjayessess

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 18:27 - Jun 7 by MerseyBlue

He's played 93 times for us mate, it's not just about last season. You haven't said anything positive about him, you're just upset with my point of view. Like I said in my original comment, I'd like to see him kick on next year but I've got no reason to believe he will. What reason do you have?

You asked why he warranted being in the team. The short answer is: he was better than the available alternatives. Three managers picked him for that reason, none of them gave a toss who his dad is.

As to what his qualities are. Well, it's all subjective, isn't it? But here's what the stats people reckon he's good and bad at.

[Post edited 7 Jun 2021 18:36]

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 18:37 - Jun 7 with 726 viewsmonty_radio

I think the "name" thing is not that big a deal given that the majority of posters here will certainly not have witnessed his Dad's whole career here, and many will not have seen him at all. The attachment and corresponding disappointment seems to me much more of a "but he's one of our own" variety.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 18:39 - Jun 7 with 720 viewschrismakin

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 18:33 - Jun 7 by jayessess

You asked why he warranted being in the team. The short answer is: he was better than the available alternatives. Three managers picked him for that reason, none of them gave a toss who his dad is.

As to what his qualities are. Well, it's all subjective, isn't it? But here's what the stats people reckon he's good and bad at.

Where is that from Jayes, is there one for Bish and downes etc?

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 18:40 - Jun 7 with 715 viewsSteve_M

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 18:07 - Jun 7 by chicoazul

I just think it’s depressingly familiar to see a young black Ipswich player getting OTT abuse off the fans yet again as opposed to blonde haired blue eyed boy Bishop for eg.

Point of order Chico, Bishop is a ginge.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 18:46 - Jun 7 with 707 viewsjayessess

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 18:39 - Jun 7 by chrismakin

Where is that from Jayes, is there one for Bish and downes etc?

Cropped up on one of stats/scouting Twitter accounts when he was first linked with Brentford:

The original data is from wyscout, which is a paid for data analysis thing aimed at pro scouts, I believe?

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 18:48 - Jun 7 with 695 viewschrismakin

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 18:46 - Jun 7 by jayessess

Cropped up on one of stats/scouting Twitter accounts when he was first linked with Brentford:

The original data is from wyscout, which is a paid for data analysis thing aimed at pro scouts, I believe?

Cheers, I don't mind Andre, of the 3 i'd rather have Downes and Andre over Bish, or Dozzel over Downes now that we have Evans.

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 18:53 - Jun 7 with 680 viewsMerseyBlue

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 18:33 - Jun 7 by jayessess

I did also make that point earlier on - the lack of competition for places is definitelya factor as to why he has played so much, and could be why he hasn't particularly delivered on his 93 opportunities to impress.

You are also of course right that three managers have picked him, although that's not much of a ringing endorsement when you consider that two of those managers are Paul Hurst and Paul Lambert. Nonetheless, you are right that they weren't picking him because of who his dad is. I never said they were.

What I said was that Town fans have given him more of a chance than he might have got otherwise. I can't prove that but I can say he has been pretty mediocre at best (admittedly in a poor side).

Those stats are actually quite interesting, and they do show that he has some ability. Again, I haven't said anything to the contrary. What I have said is that he doesn't offer enough. He's below average for key passes and and passes into the penalty area, but his percentages are above average. What does that tell you? Well it could be that the team around him aren't making any decent runs into space, but equally, it could be that far too often, he takes the safe option. I would say it's a combination of both because as the data suggests, he is above average when it comes to progressive passes and passes to the final third.

A contributing factor to the data is certainly the standard of the team around him, and the position he was played in under Lambert which as the stats suggest, were not beneficial to his game. Still though, those stats aren't electric are they? There's a couple more measure above average, but is above average good enough for us to go up? Would he not need to be more consistently and firmly above average more across the board to represent a real presence?

Obviously the stats are useful, but they don't tell the full story. Those stats certainly aren't conclusive one way or another. Which is why we're having this debate - there are some qualities that Dozzell has that make you think you have something special, but then there's the experience of watching him week-in week-out which tells you otherwise.

As I said at the start, if he stays here next season, like any of the players we have kept on, I really hope he kicks on because we need him to. If he goes, I won't lose any sleep over it, but I will still be hoping he kicks on for the sake of his career.

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 18:54 - Jun 7 with 679 viewsjayessess

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 18:48 - Jun 7 by chrismakin

Cheers, I don't mind Andre, of the 3 i'd rather have Downes and Andre over Bish, or Dozzel over Downes now that we have Evans.

Because I'm obtuse, the more grief he gets the more I like him!

I think Downes will still be here actually (no one will pay our asking price), but Dozzell and Bish are as good as gone.

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 19:52 - Jun 7 with 631 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 20:01 - Jun 7 with 612 viewsxrayspecs

Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 19:52 - Jun 7 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Not sure that is fair. Evans got good fees for upwardly mobile players - Cresswell, Mings, Waghorn - and turned down big money for the likes of McGoldrick when it would have been quite easy to sell.
Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 00:22 - Jun 8 with 522 viewsmarcus1642

Wouldn't sell him at this juncture, as I think with a decent pre-season under Cook Dozza will kick on a bit. Has made a good recovery after a nasty injury and no player covered themselves in glory last season. However, a bid of 1.5m or above would be enough to see him move on.
Dozzell, what sort of fee are we looking at? on 07:31 - Jun 8 with 470 viewsBlueBlood90

If we were to get £500k and a 20-25% sell on fee then I don’t think we’d have too many complaints.

He’s got potential but he’s 22 years old and done barely anything to live up to the potential so I wouldn’t be very sad to see him leave.

It could be one of those situations where he’d personally be better off getting out of his comfort zone in the same way Jack Marriott did.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024