Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Completed signings 11:20 - Jun 15 with 3340 viewsBobbychase

Hardly any this summer basically.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12321435/transfer-news-summer-tran

So let's all calm down maybe

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Completed signings on 11:23 - Jun 15 with 3309 viewschrismakin

Mentioned this yesturday

With so many players out of contract (1000) I was expecting there to be alot more transfers completed by all clubs, it's a very slow window so far.

I did wonder if some clubs are also waiting to see what Boris did, afterall turnover is a problem if Fans still wont be at full capacity

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Completed signings on 11:24 - Jun 15 with 3304 viewsBobbychase

Completed signings on 11:23 - Jun 15 by chrismakin

Mentioned this yesturday

With so many players out of contract (1000) I was expecting there to be alot more transfers completed by all clubs, it's a very slow window so far.

I did wonder if some clubs are also waiting to see what Boris did, afterall turnover is a problem if Fans still wont be at full capacity

Most of the business seems to be us shedding players!

Evans and Burns (and Harper if it gets over the line) gives us an idea of the market we are shopping in. Going to be a good summer

Completed signings on 11:30 - Jun 15 with 3244 viewsjayessess

Not exactly a normal window for us though, is it?
If you've got a core squad and are just adding 3-6 new signings, it's probably fine if half of them don't get done until quite late in the Window. If you're ostensibly selling a dozen players and signing a dozen (at least) yourself. Probably a good idea if at most of them are there for the start of pre-season, I would've thought.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Completed signings on 11:30 - Jun 15 with 3238 viewspointofblue

Everybody’s after the same players meaning they have a choice hence the delay. Those not as good or highly rated will be picked up by clubs which fail to sign their number one targets.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Completed signings on 11:31 - Jun 15 with 3229 viewsBobbychase

Completed signings on 11:30 - Jun 15 by jayessess

If you've got a core squad and are just adding 3-6 new signings, it's probably fine if half of them don't get done until quite late in the Window. If you're ostensibly selling a dozen players and signing a dozen (at least) yourself. Probably a good idea if at most of them are there for the start of pre-season, I would've thought.

Definitely not a normal window. We're actually spending money.

Completed signings on 11:36 - Jun 15 with 3184 viewschrismakin

Completed signings on 11:30 - Jun 15 by jayessess

But that's if you are believing there are 0 players that PC wants to keep. We know there are players coming in for additional fitness work already, so the squad overhaul isn't as large as some are making out and our release list looks worse and those leaving as our squad was so big.

For me it's the following
New GK
KVY, New CB, Nsiala, Kenlock
Evans, New CM
Burns Nolan New Winger
Norwood

Ashton says we're currently in for 5, say I was right, that's a starting 11. in for pre season once completed, Without knowing the actual plan for Wolfenden, Dobra, etc

BTW Just added in Nolan instead of Bish as Bish been linked with move out.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2021 11:38]

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Imagine going into the "new era"..... on 11:40 - Jun 15 with 3154 viewsBloots

Completed signings on 11:36 - Jun 15 by chrismakin

But that's if you are believing there are 0 players that PC wants to keep. We know there are players coming in for additional fitness work already, so the squad overhaul isn't as large as some are making out and our release list looks worse and those leaving as our squad was so big.

New GK
Evans, New CM
Burns Nolan New Winger
Norwood

Ashton says we're currently in for 5, say I was right, that's a starting 11. in for pre season once completed, Without knowing the actual plan for Wolfenden, Dobra, etc

....with Kenlock as your first choice left back.

And Nolan as your "Number 10"

Edit: And Toto as a first choice centre back!

Funny.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2021 11:41]

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Imagine going into the "new era"..... on 11:41 - Jun 15 with 3142 viewschrismakin

Imagine going into the "new era"..... on 11:40 - Jun 15 by Bloots

Funny.

They aren't, just plucked them from potential squad come pre season start as worse case

Login to get fewer ads

Completed signings on 11:50 - Jun 15 with 3073 viewsPrice_1991

Completed signings on 11:31 - Jun 15 by Bobbychase

Definitely not a normal window. We're actually spending money.

I also think a number of teams will look at waiting until the Euros have finished before making any major signings.
Completed signings on 11:55 - Jun 15 with 3044 viewsjayessess

Completed signings on 11:50 - Jun 15 by Price_1991

I also think a number of teams will look at waiting until the Euros have finished before making any major signings.

If we're still waiting around for players when the Euros finish in mid-July, we're going to be in baaaaaad shape.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Completed signings on 12:19 - Jun 15 with 2955 viewsSharkey

He said it slightly tongue-in-cheek, but the Colchester chairman predicted something along the lines of 'this summer all the clubs will release most of their players. Just in time for next season, they'll re-sign the same players on a lot less money.' I wonder if that will turn out to be true to an extent. (Not at Town, but in the lower leagues in general.)
Completed signings on 12:22 - Jun 15 with 2935 viewsKieran_Knows

That's true, but then most clubs managers haven't told their whole squads they're up for sale or are free to leave. We start pre-season in 11 days time with just 2 new players are present. The players that are left are hardly going to bust their balls for Cook over the next few weeks in pre-season/games.

I know Ashton has said there is a lot going on, but deals really do need to start getting finalised soon.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Imagine going into the "new era"..... on 13:00 - Jun 16 with 2625 viewsBlueBadger

Imagine going into the "new era"..... on 11:40 - Jun 15 by Bloots

Funny.

And Norwood, anywhere near the squad.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Completed signings on 14:04 - Jun 16 with 2411 viewsxrayspecs

Completed signings on 11:36 - Jun 15 by chrismakin

New GK
Evans, New CM
Burns Nolan New Winger
Norwood

Which bit of Brett Johnson saying we are keeping just 10% of the squad Cook inherited (43 senior pros) is difficult to comprehend?

Players are under contract so have access to PR to get/keep fit. Mostly it will be to impress potential new clubs.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2021 14:06]
Completed signings on 14:07 - Jun 16 with 2368 viewschrismakin

Completed signings on 14:04 - Jun 16 by xrayspecs

Which bit of Brett Johnson saying we are keeping just 10% of the squad Cook inherited (43 senior pros) is difficult to comprehend?

Players are under contract so have access to PR to get/keep fit. Mostly it will be to impress potential new clubs.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2021 14:06]

Well considering I posted before Brett's interview came out, quite difficult

Completed signings on 14:09 - Jun 16 with 2355 viewsxrayspecs

Completed signings on 14:07 - Jun 16 by chrismakin

Well considering I posted before Brett's interview came out, quite difficult

Fair point.

However, local journalists have all reported that most of the squad will be released/sold this summer, so why are you doubting them?

So, does Brett talking about retaining around 4 of the current squad change your view that the change will more limited than has otherwise been suggested?
[Post edited 16 Jun 2021 14:10]
Completed signings on 14:14 - Jun 16 with 2324 viewschrismakin

Completed signings on 14:09 - Jun 16 by xrayspecs

Fair point.

However, local journalists have all reported that most of the squad will be released/sold this summer, so why are you doubting them?

So, does Brett talking about retaining around 4 of the current squad change your view that the change will more limited than has otherwise been suggested?
[Post edited 16 Jun 2021 14:10]

TBH i'm just seeing what happens as it happens

Bretts great, but he thanked 16000 supporters for buying season tickets, So i'm taking most of what he says with a pinch of salt.

Do I still think there will be current squad players in the squad come pre season, yes. How many? not sure.

Completed signings on 14:19 - Jun 16 with 2304 viewsxrayspecs

Completed signings on 14:14 - Jun 16 by chrismakin

TBH i'm just seeing what happens as it happens

Bretts great, but he thanked 16000 supporters for buying season tickets, So i'm taking most of what he says with a pinch of salt.

Do I still think there will be current squad players in the squad come pre season, yes. How many? not sure.

Those under contract couldl still be around, just not in Paul Cook's plans for the season ahead. They may even take part in pre-season games, especially those that we are hoping to sell, so we have an incentive to put them in the shop window.

Cook has been really clear, he is building a new squad and come the end of the transfer window our squad will have only a few players who were here last season.
Completed signings on 14:24 - Jun 16 with 2268 viewsitfcjoe

Completed signings on 12:22 - Jun 15 by Kieran_Knows

That's true, but then most clubs managers haven't told their whole squads they're up for sale or are free to leave. We start pre-season in 11 days time with just 2 new players are present. The players that are left are hardly going to bust their balls for Cook over the next few weeks in pre-season/games.

I know Ashton has said there is a lot going on, but deals really do need to start getting finalised soon.

Yep, whilst it isn't time to panic, there are still 10 days until pre season starts.....but if we get to that point with no more than a couple of further signings then we are just wasting time and can't start the programme properly or effectively.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Completed signings on 14:28 - Jun 16 with 2242 viewsKieran_Knows

Completed signings on 14:24 - Jun 16 by itfcjoe

Yep, whilst it isn't time to panic, there are still 10 days until pre season starts.....but if we get to that point with no more than a couple of further signings then we are just wasting time and can't start the programme properly or effectively.

Indeed. A lot needs to happen between now and the end of next week, that's for sure!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Completed signings on 14:36 - Jun 16 with 2203 viewsWallingford_Boy

Completed signings on 11:55 - Jun 15 by jayessess

If we're still waiting around for players when the Euros finish in mid-July, we're going to be in baaaaaad shape.

Clubs will be distracted by the Euros though.

Of course we won't be signing anyone out there, but loads of managers will be watching them, focus elsewhere for a few weeks.

Signings will come thick and fast from early/mid July.... do not panic!

RIP Sir Bobby

Completed signings on 15:42 - Jun 16 with 2077 viewsArnieM

Wouldn’t put it past us to announce all 5 signings at once.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Completed signings on 15:51 - Jun 16 with 2044 viewsVic

Completed signings on 15:42 - Jun 16 by ArnieM

But the us of the past isn’t the us of now is it. I’m expecting pretty much everything to be different to MEs era.

I’d still hoped to see another couple in by now though!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Completed signings on 15:52 - Jun 16 with 2033 viewsxrayspecs

Completed signings on 15:42 - Jun 16 by ArnieM

Brett made a comment yesterday about talent waiting in the wings, so quite possible that we have a number at an advanced stage.

“In these early days, I’m beyond encouraged relative to the quality and calibre of talent that we’ve already started to sign and a bunch of talent that’s sitting in the wings,” he continued.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024