Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Illegal immigrants" 09:10 - Jul 21 with 18603 viewsnoggin

It really pisses me off that so many news sources label these human beings as criminals. The criminals are the people smugglers and the politicians. Is it any wonder the public have such a xenophobic attitude to these poor people.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 9:14]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

"Illegal immigrants" on 12:55 - Jul 26 with 841 viewsblueconscience

"Illegal immigrants" on 12:53 - Jul 26 by DanTheMan

Can I just point out, again, that right now there is no legal avenue for people seeking asylum to go through to get to the UK.

Interesting. But like young Bluejacko said, what is wrong with the countries they went through to get here?

I have no issues with genuine Asylum seekers, but just find it strange they all choose to come here.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

"Illegal immigrants" on 12:57 - Jul 26 with 841 viewsleitrimblue

"Illegal immigrants" on 12:41 - Jul 26 by bluejacko

Yes but that makes me xenophobic apparently!

No, I have a theory that you not getting enough breast as a baby had more of an impact in your later xenophobic tendencies
"Illegal immigrants" on 12:58 - Jul 26 with 839 viewsHerbivore

"Illegal immigrants" on 12:53 - Jul 26 by blueconscience

There are still official channels to go through in those situations young Herb.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2021 12:53]

I think you need to educate yourself a bit, mate.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

"Illegal immigrants" on 12:59 - Jul 26 with 837 viewsblueconscience

"Illegal immigrants" on 12:58 - Jul 26 by Herbivore

I think you need to educate yourself a bit, mate.

Ok, young Herb, can you send me some links. I would like to learn what I have missed.

Thanks

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

"Illegal immigrants" on 12:59 - Jul 26 with 837 viewsMullet

"Illegal immigrants" on 12:55 - Jul 26 by blueconscience

Interesting. But like young Bluejacko said, what is wrong with the countries they went through to get here?

I have no issues with genuine Asylum seekers, but just find it strange they all choose to come here.

How many go to say Italy and Germany compared to here then?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

"Illegal immigrants" on 12:59 - Jul 26 with 833 viewsHerbivore

They don't all want to come here. We process and take fewer asylum seekers than most other major European countries. This has been pointed out repeatedly.

"Illegal immigrants" on 13:02 - Jul 26 with 809 viewsWeWereZombies

"Illegal immigrants" on 12:59 - Jul 26 by Mullet

How many go to say Italy and Germany compared to here then?

Not to mention Norway, Denmark and Finland...but I may be in danger of dragging this thread back to football matters if I delve too deeply into migrants who entered those nations and then moved on to the United Kingdom.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

"Illegal immigrants" on 13:03 - Jul 26 with 803 viewsHerbivore

"Illegal immigrants" on 12:59 - Jul 26 by blueconscience

Ok, young Herb, can you send me some links. I would like to learn what I have missed.

Thanks

Try reading up on what it's like for someone to be fleeing war or persecution. How easy do you think it is for the average person in Yemen or Syria to apply for a passport right now? Do you think there is a form they can fill in to apply for asylum in advance of travel? Do you think they can hop on a Ryanair to get here? How long do you think they can risk waiting before getting out in order to make sure their papers are all in order? I don't think you have the first idea about what it is like to be a refugee fleeing from an unsafe country or failed state. Perhaps start by trying to find out more about that.

Login to get fewer ads

"Illegal immigrants" on 13:04 - Jul 26 with 795 viewsDanTheMan

I have already answered that question to. It may be due to existing communities here, family, or just that they already know the English language.

They do not "all" choose to come here, only a very small percentage do. We do not take the most asylum seekers of all European nations, far from it.

But this has already been explained multiple times in this thread, by multiple different people. It gets very tedious responding to the same points over and over again.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

"Illegal immigrants" on 13:07 - Jul 26 with 784 viewsXYZ

"Illegal immigrants" on 12:37 - Jul 26 by DanTheMan

Annoying about the Telegraph as it didn't always used to be as awful as it is now.

Basically if I want to read a decent right wing view on things I'm having to go to The Times.

Defending a complaint about "facts" in an article authored by a Boris Johnson, the Telegraph argued in its defense that no reasonable reader would expect Johnson to be telling the truth ...

This may have been after its slide downhill begun.

The lying journalist's career(s) would have ended well before this point if accuracy and integrity were important to the telegraph's readership.
"Illegal immigrants" on 13:09 - Jul 26 with 781 viewsXYZ

"Illegal immigrants" on 12:40 - Jul 26 by leitrimblue

That link is actually very amusing. I like the bit we're it proudly states that patel as given £80 + million to the French to boost their patrols in order to keep 20,000 people outta the country. It's absolute genius

Paying the french £80m to control the UK's borders.

That's Brexitwang!
"Illegal immigrants" on 13:10 - Jul 26 with 773 viewsFurrow

As someone who lives in the area in question. Here's few answers to your questions on this topic
From a Border Force friend of mine: The reason these people coming ashore are called illegal immigrants is, that they destroy all of their documents before they alight into the country. It is a criminal offence to enter a country without a passport, this is the same for any country. Even a British person trying to enter back into the UK without a passport, is an illegal.

Why do they spend 25 to 30k to get here?
Because the family all club together in the knowledge that Britain allows you to send for your family and all that family will enter as legals if the original immigrant can gain asylum. then can claim all of their benefits.
The gang bosses also sell them the big story that. the UK is the land of free housing and free motor cars. free this free that and yes all the family will be able to join, because you will be accepted to the UK for definite
This is played out to a coach driver mate of mine who they ask constantly if they can use their phone to call home to let the family know. Not that they are safe. but to let them know that they will be sending for them. then ask where do i get my free house and free car from.
This is the part that people do not see, all they see is someone they think is an oppressed person. if they were oppressed why are they not staying in the first safe country they enter. Once you leave the first country looking for somewhere better, you become an Economic Migrant.
(No subject) (n/t) on 13:17 - Jul 26 with 746 viewsSeablu

"Illegal immigrants" on 10:27 - Jul 26 by bluejacko

Well thank you all for your abuse just because I hold a different opinion to yourselves👍
God knows what it would have been like if I had actually posted something controversial 😀
However despite posters claims there no claims on the benefit system below are two examples of the system being abused!.At a guess being advised by some kind hearted liberal lawyer.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8655627/Quarter-migrants-claim-children

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9822119/Migrants-hotel-Kent-claim-theyr

"Illegal immigrants" on 13:20 - Jul 26 with 731 viewsnoggin

They don't. France processes 4 times as many asylum applications. Stop believing the bullshlt.

"Illegal immigrants" on 13:20 - Jul 26 with 723 viewsHerbivore

"Illegal immigrants" on 13:10 - Jul 26 by Furrow

As someone who lives in the area in question. Here's few answers to your questions on this topic
From a Border Force friend of mine: The reason these people coming ashore are called illegal immigrants is, that they destroy all of their documents before they alight into the country. It is a criminal offence to enter a country without a passport, this is the same for any country. Even a British person trying to enter back into the UK without a passport, is an illegal.

Because the family all club together in the knowledge that Britain allows you to send for your family and all that family will enter as legals if the original immigrant can gain asylum. then can claim all of their benefits.
The gang bosses also sell them the big story that. the UK is the land of free housing and free motor cars. free this free that and yes all the family will be able to join, because you will be accepted to the UK for definite
This is played out to a coach driver mate of mine who they ask constantly if they can use their phone to call home to let the family know. Not that they are safe. but to let them know that they will be sending for them. then ask where do i get my free house and free car from.
This is the part that people do not see, all they see is someone they think is an oppressed person. if they were oppressed why are they not staying in the first safe country they enter. Once you leave the first country looking for somewhere better, you become an Economic Migrant.

You may well live in the area but quite a lot of that is inaccurate.

"Illegal immigrants" on 13:23 - Jul 26 with 710 viewsnoggin

"Illegal immigrants" on 12:53 - Jul 26 by blueconscience

There are still official channels to go through in those situations young Herb.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2021 12:53]

Go on.....

"Illegal immigrants" on 13:25 - Jul 26 with 696 viewsnoggin

"Illegal immigrants" on 12:53 - Jul 26 by DanTheMan

Can I just point out, again, that right now there is no legal avenue for people seeking asylum to go through to get to the UK.

But Blueconscience knows a bloke from Spain who came here with papers and that.

[Redacted] on 13:26 - Jul 26 with 691 viewsvictorywilhappen

"Illegal immigrants" on 12:12 - Jul 26 by blueconscience

I work with them all the time. But they went through the official channels getting a VISA etc where applicable. They didn’t enter the country in an illegal manner.

[Redacted]
"Illegal immigrants" on 13:26 - Jul 26 with 691 viewsblueconscience

"Illegal immigrants" on 13:23 - Jul 26 by noggin

Go on.....

I stood corrected by young Herbie, so was hoping he could direct me to somewhere teaching me what he knows.

"Illegal immigrants" on 13:27 - Jul 26 with 682 viewsnoggin

This from 'your mate' ? Sounds legit.

"Illegal immigrants" on 13:30 - Jul 26 with 657 viewsblueconscience

"Illegal immigrants" on 13:03 - Jul 26 by Herbivore

Try reading up on what it's like for someone to be fleeing war or persecution. How easy do you think it is for the average person in Yemen or Syria to apply for a passport right now? Do you think there is a form they can fill in to apply for asylum in advance of travel? Do you think they can hop on a Ryanair to get here? How long do you think they can risk waiting before getting out in order to make sure their papers are all in order? I don't think you have the first idea about what it is like to be a refugee fleeing from an unsafe country or failed state. Perhaps start by trying to find out more about that.

I understand it is nasty, but I would like to learn the wee rules which you said I was missing.

"Illegal immigrants" on 13:31 - Jul 26 with 654 viewsDanTheMan

"Illegal immigrants" on 13:26 - Jul 26 by blueconscience

I stood corrected by young Herbie, so was hoping he could direct me to somewhere teaching me what he knows.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/refugee-resettlement-home-office

As far as I am aware, this is still the state of things.

Whilst you're at it, here are a few other resources that you may find helpful:
https://www.unhcr.org/uk/asylum-in-the-uk.html
https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/migration-to-the-uk-as
[Post edited 26 Jul 2021 13:37]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

"Illegal immigrants" on 13:31 - Jul 26 with 653 viewsnoggin

"Illegal immigrants" on 13:30 - Jul 26 by blueconscience

I understand it is nasty, but I would like to learn the wee rules which you said I was missing.

FFS.

"Illegal immigrants" on 13:34 - Jul 26 with 642 viewsleitrimblue

I was just talking to your 'mate' the bus driver. He said his not your mate at all and it's best not to trust a word you say
"Illegal immigrants" on 13:35 - Jul 26 with 632 viewsHerbivore

"Illegal immigrants" on 13:30 - Jul 26 by blueconscience

Eh?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024