Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Illegal immigrants" 09:10 - Jul 21 with 18467 viewsnoggin

It really pisses me off that so many news sources label these human beings as criminals. The criminals are the people smugglers and the politicians. Is it any wonder the public have such a xenophobic attitude to these poor people.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 9:14]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

"Illegal immigrants" on 19:37 - Jul 22 with 1834 viewseireblue

"Illegal immigrants" on 19:17 - Jul 22 by bluejacko

Well in the ROI you really don’t have the problem of a horde of little boats washing up on your shores do you?

Your point is relevant to my post because….
"Illegal immigrants" on 19:49 - Jul 22 with 1802 viewsSwansea_Blue

"Illegal immigrants" on 23:56 - Jul 21 by Lord_Lucan

What you have done is twisted an obvious throw away comment, well done.

I stick by what I think, you can think what you want. I have no control over your brain and I'm not into mind control so all is good I suppose.

The fact that you condone people coming over in boats with a fair risk of drowning is a mystery to me, there should be a big net preventing these illegal mafia funded sailings in my opinion - a French fishing net! But they won't do that as they are just as happy to see the back of them as Farage and his ilk are sad to see them here.

These people are safe in France, there is absolutely no reason to risk their life coming here. If they are young men then yes, it's their choice if they want to risk it but why anyway?. If they are trying to bring in their wifes and children then they are idiots, they are playing with their families lives to go from one free country to another. They are putting their wives and or kids lives in danger for what? I'm asking seriously, why are they doing this? You think this is ok? Responsible?

There is little difference in that than putting my family in a dhingy to go to France, it is incomprehensible.

They don’t have much choice if they want to come here. Pritel is doing her damnedest to close off every safe route and also make it a crime for anyone to help them. That effectively forces their journeys under the radar where safety obviously can’t be assured.

You seem to have picked up this right wing rag line about people wanting them to make these dangerous journeys. That’s not true. People are simply saying they should have safe passage routes, be given fair treatment and an opportunity to claim asylum in accordance with international humanitarian law.

Besides, we only gave 8k asylum last year. It’s hardly a tidal wave. There are far more important things to be against at this time.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

"Illegal immigrants" on 19:51 - Jul 22 with 1796 viewsJ2BLUE

Well in the ROI you really don’t have the problem of a horde of little boats washing up on your shores do you?

Do we? I see frequent stories of people drowning trying to get here. I don't hear of many successfully getting here.

Where you are born is a lottery. I'm not suggesting we throw the borders open but a little compassion would be nice. The difference between us and them is only random chance.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

"Illegal immigrants" on 20:00 - Jul 22 with 1775 viewsLord_Lucan

"Illegal immigrants" on 19:49 - Jul 22 by Swansea_Blue

They don’t have much choice if they want to come here. Pritel is doing her damnedest to close off every safe route and also make it a crime for anyone to help them. That effectively forces their journeys under the radar where safety obviously can’t be assured.

You seem to have picked up this right wing rag line about people wanting them to make these dangerous journeys. That’s not true. People are simply saying they should have safe passage routes, be given fair treatment and an opportunity to claim asylum in accordance with international humanitarian law.

Besides, we only gave 8k asylum last year. It’s hardly a tidal wave. There are far more important things to be against at this time.

Stop trying to twist things.

What I have said if you care to read the thread is that I believe we should offer more immigration spaces but we should offer these places to families within refugee camps - I fail to see why someone would risk their life to come here on a blow up boat when they have already made it to freedom, and if there are wives and children with them then they are idiots for putting them at risk of death.

So please do me the favour of not breaking my balls. I'm not as stupid as you might think so keep your "Right wing" comments to yourself.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

"Illegal immigrants" on 20:00 - Jul 22 with 1771 viewseireblue

"Illegal immigrants" on 19:51 - Jul 22 by J2BLUE

Do we? I see frequent stories of people drowning trying to get here. I don't hear of many successfully getting here.

Where you are born is a lottery. I'm not suggesting we throw the borders open but a little compassion would be nice. The difference between us and them is only random chance.

Compassion you say, interesting

https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/4b765-minister-mcentee-outlines-draft-scheme
"Illegal immigrants" on 21:23 - Jul 22 with 1685 viewsSwansea_Blue

"Illegal immigrants" on 20:00 - Jul 22 by Lord_Lucan

What I have said if you care to read the thread is that I believe we should offer more immigration spaces but we should offer these places to families within refugee camps - I fail to see why someone would risk their life to come here on a blow up boat when they have already made it to freedom, and if there are wives and children with them then they are idiots for putting them at risk of death.

So please do me the favour of not breaking my balls. I'm not as stupid as you might think so keep your "Right wing" comments to yourself.

I’m not twisting anything. You said “The fact that you condone people coming over in boats with a fair risk of drowning is a mystery to me”. That’s an accusation that’s being repeated across most right wing commentators and media outlets. You may well have come to that conclusion yourself of course. And if you did, I’m pointing out that doesn’t seem to be the case - people want these people to have safe routes, not be people trafficked and risk their lives.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

"Illegal immigrants" on 21:33 - Jul 22 with 1657 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"Illegal immigrants" on 20:00 - Jul 22 by Lord_Lucan

You keep claiming that people are twisting your words ... despite us replying to direct quotes from what you are saying.

Perhaps you should have a think about why several of us are interpreting what you are saying in the way we are.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

"Illegal immigrants" on 21:39 - Jul 22 with 1642 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"the problem of a horde of little boats washing up on your shores".

Please explain what the problem is here:

Is it that many people are dying on the journey?

Is it the lack of funding in dealing with those that arrive?

Is it that you don't like the unknown number who arrive and live in this country without ever seeking asylum? What do you fear from them specifically?

How many hordes of boats are arriving, btw? Why are they hordes? Are they "swamping" us by any chance? Is that the issue? Did you even read the OP?

Login to get fewer ads

"Illegal immigrants" on 21:55 - Jul 22 with 1607 viewsLord_Lucan

"Illegal immigrants" on 21:23 - Jul 22 by Swansea_Blue

I’m not twisting anything. You said “The fact that you condone people coming over in boats with a fair risk of drowning is a mystery to me”. That’s an accusation that’s being repeated across most right wing commentators and media outlets. You may well have come to that conclusion yourself of course. And if you did, I’m pointing out that doesn’t seem to be the case - people want these people to have safe routes, not be people trafficked and risk their lives.

You are suggesting that I don't want any immigration, which is untrue.

I put it that there should be safe routes of immigration through proper channels and also that we should increase our quota.

If you are a genuine refugee from a war torn country or someone who is at risk of their life then of course you should flee your country and do whatever you can to get to a safe place. Once in a safe place I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that you should go through some sort of processing and be allocated a place to live in harmony.

The fact that you have entered a safe place and then go through other countries to get to the English channel, pay loads of money to criminal gangs and then risk your life getting over here is something no one has actually answered. It seems to be the go to thing to shout a bit and then bring up the so called the right wing media.

To me, the influx of mostly young men coming here over the channel are preventing a proper adult debate as to how many people we can and should accept from registered camps.

You think that's ok, I don't. We disagree.

No one is suggesting that we shouldn't accept boats from war torn countries, we are talking France here.

And anyway, what are they thinking, England is sh1t isn't it?
[Post edited 22 Jul 2021 21:59]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

"Illegal immigrants" on 22:06 - Jul 22 with 1569 viewsgtsb1966

"Illegal immigrants" on 21:55 - Jul 22 by Lord_Lucan

I put it that there should be safe routes of immigration through proper channels and also that we should increase our quota.

If you are a genuine refugee from a war torn country or someone who is at risk of their life then of course you should flee your country and do whatever you can to get to a safe place. Once in a safe place I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that you should go through some sort of processing and be allocated a place to live in harmony.

The fact that you have entered a safe place and then go through other countries to get to the English channel, pay loads of money to criminal gangs and then risk your life getting over here is something no one has actually answered. It seems to be the go to thing to shout a bit and then bring up the so called the right wing media.

To me, the influx of mostly young men coming here over the channel are preventing a proper adult debate as to how many people we can and should accept from registered camps.

No one is suggesting that we shouldn't accept boats from war torn countries, we are talking France here.

Couldn't agree more.
"Illegal immigrants" on 22:15 - Jul 22 with 1550 viewsDarth_Koont

Illegal immigrants are a drop in the ocean (no pun intended). Net immigration from outside the EU is in the hundreds of thousands.

If we were going to have a serious “adult” discussion about immigration we wouldn’t have spent the past 20-odd years with anti-immigration rhetoric from both major parties and our media while ignoring the immigration we could always control.

The few thousand crossing the channel (majority refugees and/or asylum seekers) are where the debate should have been in the first place. Demonising the most disadvantaged and needy has poisoned the well for a sensible debate about immigration, its advantages and our responsibilities as humans.

Pronouns: He/Him

"Illegal immigrants" on 22:24 - Jul 22 with 1522 viewseireblue

We are talking France here….

“ Child protection authorities often failed to provide unaccompanied migrant children appropriate care and services. Migrants and asylum seekers faced inhuman and degrading living conditions, as well as police abuse and harassment.”

“ The camps are a result of public policies which have made life precarious for asylum seekers, instead of allowing them to quietly integrate themselves into the social and economic fabric of the country.”
"Illegal immigrants" on 22:37 - Jul 22 with 1501 viewsWeWereZombies

Your fourth paragraph about no one addressing the reasons of why asylum seekers leave France to try and reach the United KIngdom is not quite true. NthsuffolkBlue gave you an answer at 22:32 last night, Charlie_pl_Baxter at 22:39 and I gave a reply at 04:42 this morning (something a fraught day for me yesterday). I don't see a reply from you to any of these three posts on this thread I am afraid.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

"Illegal immigrants" on 08:43 - Jul 23 with 1385 viewsbluejacko

"Illegal immigrants" on 21:39 - Jul 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

"the problem of a horde of little boats washing up on your shores".

Please explain what the problem is here:

Is it that many people are dying on the journey?

Is it the lack of funding in dealing with those that arrive?

Is it that you don't like the unknown number who arrive and live in this country without ever seeking asylum? What do you fear from them specifically?

How many hordes of boats are arriving, btw? Why are they hordes? Are they "swamping" us by any chance? Is that the issue? Did you even read the OP?

Look! they are arriving ILLEGALLY into this country.Most of them are not asylum seekers they are economic migrants chancing their arm on a dodgy crossing of the channel. We are supposed to be a a country of law and order so how many other laws do you ignore because it suits you?
How many hundreds have crossed this year alone putting yet more strain on local government to house them etc.
There are proper channels to go through to be granted asylum NOT land on a beach and disappear as it suits.
"Illegal immigrants" on 09:43 - Jul 23 with 1340 viewsnoggin

"Illegal immigrants" on 08:43 - Jul 23 by bluejacko

Look! they are arriving ILLEGALLY into this country.Most of them are not asylum seekers they are economic migrants chancing their arm on a dodgy crossing of the channel. We are supposed to be a a country of law and order so how many other laws do you ignore because it suits you?
How many hundreds have crossed this year alone putting yet more strain on local government to house them etc.
There are proper channels to go through to be granted asylum NOT land on a beach and disappear as it suits.

So tell us, if they land on a beach and "disappear as it suits", how do they then "put more strain on local government to house them etc"?

"Illegal immigrants" on 12:23 - Jul 23 with 1277 viewsnoggin

"Illegal immigrants" on 12:29 - Jul 23 with 1253 viewsMullet

"We are supposed to be a country of law and order" yet this makes you angry and willing to spit bile?

Astounding.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

"Illegal immigrants" on 12:31 - Jul 23 with 1247 viewsnoggin

The government's own statistics show that most of them are indeed genuine asylum seekers.

"Illegal immigrants" on 12:40 - Jul 23 with 1216 viewsleitrimblue

Feck me! Sounds like you are under serious attack Jacko, you ok? We could send you Bob Geldof if you think it would help?
"Illegal immigrants" on 13:04 - Jul 23 with 1182 viewsbluejacko

"Illegal immigrants" on 12:29 - Jul 23 by Mullet

"We are supposed to be a country of law and order" yet this makes you angry and willing to spit bile?

Astounding.

Well if what I have said is spouting ‘bile’ god help us .😂
"Illegal immigrants" on 13:07 - Jul 23 with 1173 viewsMullet

"Illegal immigrants" on 13:04 - Jul 23 by bluejacko

Well if what I have said is spouting ‘bile’ god help us .😂

In your case, I'm not sure he can. You're talking like one of the people Jesus chased with a whip.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

"Illegal immigrants" on 16:01 - Jul 23 with 1094 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"Illegal immigrants" on 12:23 - Jul 23 by noggin

Why do they both sound like they are sat in a toilet?

"Illegal immigrants" on 16:08 - Jul 23 with 1083 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"Illegal immigrants" on 12:23 - Jul 23 by noggin

"I'm saying it could be well into in excess of 20,000 people" or to put it another way "I am going to pluck a random number out of the air because I want to make it sound more alarming than the official figure."

"The data just doesn't bear that out. And, if you bother to look at the data you will see."

"What should be done?"

"We should be opening up real and serious routes for seeking asylum in this country. The fact remains that this country receives very very few refugees. We cannot keep going with that degree of disproportionality."

And someone is very defensive - "Don't say you don't get both sides of the story on GB News!"
[Post edited 23 Jul 2021 16:08]

"Illegal immigrants" on 16:22 - Jul 23 with 1072 viewsNewcyBlue

Sometimes you people really make it rewarding when I think about the time that I escorted over 120 migrants to the safety of a Spanish SAR vessel in the Atlantic Ocean.

I really hope they’re safely ashore in Europe building a better life!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

"Illegal immigrants" on 16:29 - Jul 23 with 1058 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"Illegal immigrants" on 16:22 - Jul 23 by NewcyBlue

Sometimes you people really make it rewarding when I think about the time that I escorted over 120 migrants to the safety of a Spanish SAR vessel in the Atlantic Ocean.

I really hope they’re safely ashore in Europe building a better life!

You helped illegal immigrants enter Spain?

Don't you know that one of them might have swum across the Bay of Biscay or bought a plane and flown it and then stolen BlueWackoJacko's job?!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024