Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Illegal immigrants" 09:10 - Jul 21 with 18612 viewsnoggin

It really pisses me off that so many news sources label these human beings as criminals. The criminals are the people smugglers and the politicians. Is it any wonder the public have such a xenophobic attitude to these poor people.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 9:14]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

"Illegal immigrants" on 14:31 - Jul 24 with 847 viewsbazza

"Illegal immigrants" on 14:21 - Jul 24 by NewcyBlue

No. I don’t understand how somebody can enter the country illegally.

People have entered the country, seeking refuge.

I imagine the background checks will be difficult anyway, hence long processing times.

I don’t believe in labelling a group of people who have entered the country as undesirable without any evidence to suggest that they are.

I imagine many will have had to beg, borrow, or steal their way through life.

I’ve not labelled anyone, I’m just stating what my concerns are, I’m not saying not to let anyone in, I just think it’s dangerous to just let people in if they can’t prove who they are, where they have come from and why they are seeking refuge before they can just settle here , so we can at least check it’s all genuine.
"Illegal immigrants" on 14:32 - Jul 24 with 843 viewsDarth_Koont

"Illegal immigrants" on 14:24 - Jul 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

Please share some figures for how much these asylum seekers are costing us in our taxes.

You seem to have swallowed the line of those who use the loaded language referred to in the OP.

Perhaps you might then like to look at the total value of contracts awarded by this Government to companies that will never fulfil them (and are run by their donors/relatives etc.).

Your focus is in entirely the wrong place and exactly where this Government wants it to be!

Well said. And other countries in Europe stepped up and took in many times the number of refugees over recent years with many times less wailing and moaning.

Let’s be honest — based on how we treat our own poor and needy men, women and children(!) let alone those from overseas, we’re just not as nice and fair a country as we like to think we are.

Pronouns: He/Him

"Illegal immigrants" on 14:37 - Jul 24 with 827 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"Illegal immigrants" on 11:31 - Jul 24 by Radlett_blue

The big problem is that the asylum system has been overwhelmed to the extent that it is completely broken. Now, a large number of immigrants claim asylum (some legitimately, some not) in the knowledge that assessing & processing their claim takes so long that they can probably enter the country & disappear. I don't particularly blame them for doping this; they are keen to come to the UK & most of them want to work & better their lives. However this is an absurd way of running an immigration system. The asylum system also obviously isn't working given that claimants are supposed to claim asylum in the first safe country which they enter, which patently isn't the case. However, it has been shown that it's impractical to return claimants to the country from which they arrived.

Think that statement through.

"the asylum system has been overwhelmed"

What you are saying it is another service that has received a lack of investment from Government. Every "overwhelmed" public service is overwhelmed from a public funding choice and/or a totally unpredictable and sudden rise in demand that could never have been fulfilled.

Now ask yourself. Why does this Government choose to under-invest in processing asylum applications?

Perhaps you will begin to get to the root of the actual issues.

Alternatively you can continue to see the threat of the few thousands of desperate people who come here to steal you job and take your home away from you.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

"Illegal immigrants" on 14:39 - Jul 24 with 821 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"Illegal immigrants" on 14:31 - Jul 24 by bazza

I’ve not labelled anyone, I’m just stating what my concerns are, I’m not saying not to let anyone in, I just think it’s dangerous to just let people in if they can’t prove who they are, where they have come from and why they are seeking refuge before they can just settle here , so we can at least check it’s all genuine.

Your statement was that we need to look after our own instead of caring about immigrants.
EDIT: Apologies, that statement was actually BlueWackoJacko.

That is about as xenophobic as you can get.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 14:44]

"Illegal immigrants" on 14:44 - Jul 24 with 807 viewsbazza

"Illegal immigrants" on 14:39 - Jul 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

Your statement was that we need to look after our own instead of caring about immigrants.

Eh?
"Illegal immigrants" on 14:45 - Jul 24 with 802 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"Illegal immigrants" on 14:44 - Jul 24 by bazza

Eh?

See edit. Apologies, I got in a muddle who said it.

"Illegal immigrants" on 14:47 - Jul 24 with 798 viewsDarth_Koont

"Illegal immigrants" on 14:39 - Jul 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

Jacko isn’t remotely interested in “helping our own” either. That’s only ever said by people like him to reject treating refugees, asylum seekers and/or other immigrants as human beings.

Pronouns: He/Him

"Illegal immigrants" on 14:48 - Jul 24 with 793 viewsXYZ

"Illegal immigrants" on 14:37 - Jul 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

Think that statement through.

"the asylum system has been overwhelmed"

What you are saying it is another service that has received a lack of investment from Government. Every "overwhelmed" public service is overwhelmed from a public funding choice and/or a totally unpredictable and sudden rise in demand that could never have been fulfilled.

Now ask yourself. Why does this Government choose to under-invest in processing asylum applications?

Perhaps you will begin to get to the root of the actual issues.

Alternatively you can continue to see the threat of the few thousands of desperate people who come here to steal you job and take your home away from you.

It's almost as though the Home Office were deliberately (since around 2003) creating a "hostile environment" for asylum seekers.
Login to get fewer ads

"Illegal immigrants" on 14:50 - Jul 24 with 782 viewsNewcyBlue

"Illegal immigrants" on 14:31 - Jul 24 by bazza

I’m sure there is the risk that somebody planning nefarious activities may slip through the net.

Although I imagine that number doesn’t compare to the watch list containing the likes of Yaxley-Lennon.

I’m quite comfortable to accept the risk.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

"Illegal immigrants" on 14:51 - Jul 24 with 772 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"Illegal immigrants" on 14:48 - Jul 24 by XYZ

It's almost as though the Home Office were deliberately (since around 2003) creating a "hostile environment" for asylum seekers.

That, or austerity or both.

What I really don't get is how they are allowed to square austerity with continued pay rises for themselves and the multi-billion pound corruption they make no effort to even try to hide.

I have said it before. I will keep saying it. We have an electorate that does not care. It is disgraceful that all this is enabled by the electorate.

"Illegal immigrants" on 14:52 - Jul 24 with 756 viewsbazza

"Illegal immigrants" on 14:45 - Jul 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

See edit. Apologies, I got in a muddle who said it.

No worries, Apart from a bad taste flippant comment regarding swimming the channel, which went down like a zeppelin, I’ve not said anything apart from the same view point of background checks..
"Illegal immigrants" on 14:54 - Jul 24 with 742 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"Illegal immigrants" on 14:50 - Jul 24 by NewcyBlue

I’m sure there is the risk that somebody planning nefarious activities may slip through the net.

Although I imagine that number doesn’t compare to the watch list containing the likes of Yaxley-Lennon.

Indeed. An analysis of acts of terror or crime generally committed by individuals born here, successful asylum applicants, those who legally migrated or visited here and those who have entered the country illegally and remained under the radar would be good.

I suspect the figures for crime generally (aside from tax evasion/working without permits etc) would be very low for those who have lived under the radar as to be caught would mean deportation.

"Illegal immigrants" on 15:08 - Jul 24 with 721 viewsbazza

"Illegal immigrants" on 14:50 - Jul 24 by NewcyBlue

I respect that. But it’s not for Me, as I’ve maintained, happy
To take in refugees, not concerned by number or cost, but safety is paramount.
"Illegal immigrants" on 15:10 - Jul 24 with 718 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"Illegal immigrants" on 15:08 - Jul 24 by bazza

Might I ask why you think someone who has arrived as a refugee is likely to be a high security risk?

Is there any evidence that supports this fear?

"Illegal immigrants" on 15:17 - Jul 24 with 708 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"Illegal immigrants" on 15:10 - Jul 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

Might I ask why you think someone who has arrived as a refugee is likely to be a high security risk?

Not the UK but this is interesting: https://www.bustle.com/p/these-refugee-crime-statistics-are-astonishing-34074

"Illegal immigrants" on 15:19 - Jul 24 with 706 viewsbazza

"Illegal immigrants" on 15:10 - Jul 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

With the internet at your fingertips it doesn’t take a lot of searching.. I don’t want this to turn into
Another debate, I’ve made my feelings on it clear, and I think I will Leave it there.
"Illegal immigrants" on 15:21 - Jul 24 with 702 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"Illegal immigrants" on 15:19 - Jul 24 by bazza

With the internet at your fingertips it doesn’t take a lot of searching.. I don’t want this to turn into
Another debate, I’ve made my feelings on it clear, and I think I will Leave it there.

Indeed, it doesn't and the statistics I have shared show that what I have stated is correct.

I find it concerning how people are happy to say you can find out the facts, I am happy to continue with my opinions instead.

Why do facts matter so little?

"Illegal immigrants" on 15:26 - Jul 24 with 690 viewsbazza

"Illegal immigrants" on 15:21 - Jul 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

Indeed, it doesn't and the statistics I have shared show that what I have stated is correct.

I find it concerning how people are happy to say you can find out the facts, I am happy to continue with my opinions instead.

Why do facts matter so little?

Can I just ask you a question.. do You think we should just let Everyone in that turns up at our boarders, and without any checks.?
"Illegal immigrants" on 15:32 - Jul 24 with 673 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"Illegal immigrants" on 15:26 - Jul 24 by bazza

Can I just ask you a question.. do You think we should just let Everyone in that turns up at our boarders, and without any checks.?

No. Nowhere have I said that at all.

What I have said is that the demonisation through language choice of immigrants is disgraceful.

That comment alone has led to all this reaction.

Why do you think the choice is what we do or to throw open the borders to all and sundry with no checks? What makes you think there is no middle ground?

"Illegal immigrants" on 15:38 - Jul 24 with 668 viewsbazza

"Illegal immigrants" on 15:32 - Jul 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

No. Nowhere have I said that at all.

What I have said is that the demonisation through language choice of immigrants is disgraceful.

That comment alone has led to all this reaction.

Why do you think the choice is what we do or to throw open the borders to all and sundry with no checks? What makes you think there is no middle ground?

The middle ground is take them in, support them, help them financially, check they ain’t nutters. Which I’m sure 99% are not.. still best to check tho, IMO, .. I think Thats more than reasonable👍🏻
"Illegal immigrants" on 15:48 - Jul 24 with 659 viewsNewcyBlue

"Illegal immigrants" on 15:08 - Jul 24 by bazza

I’ve got a mixed race Missus and mixed race kids.

The biggest threat to my family are not refugees.

"Illegal immigrants" on 16:08 - Jul 24 with 643 viewsbazza

"Illegal immigrants" on 15:48 - Jul 24 by NewcyBlue

I’ve got a mixed race Missus and mixed race kids.

The biggest threat to my family are not refugees.

I’m Not sure what that’s got to do with what I’ve posted, half my family are mixed race, cousins aunties uncles, maybe direct that at someone else bud. A racist I am not.
"Illegal immigrants" on 17:07 - Jul 24 with 600 viewsnoggin

"Illegal immigrants" on 16:08 - Jul 24 by bazza

I’m Not sure what that’s got to do with what I’ve posted, half my family are mixed race, cousins aunties uncles, maybe direct that at someone else bud. A racist I am not.

He hasn't called you a racist has he? He's simply stating that these asylum seekers are not the biggest threat to his family. That surely goes for your own mixed race family.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

"Illegal immigrants" on 17:23 - Jul 24 with 583 viewsNewcyBlue

"Illegal immigrants" on 16:08 - Jul 24 by bazza

I never said you were racist.

I merely explained why the biggest threat wasn’t coming from refugees.

"Illegal immigrants" on 17:27 - Jul 24 with 572 viewsbazza

"Illegal immigrants" on 17:23 - Jul 24 by NewcyBlue

I never said you were racist.

I merely explained why the biggest threat wasn’t coming from refugees.

Apologies, took That the wrong way.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024