Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? 08:16 - Jul 22 with 2646 viewsPinewoodblue

Number of first time jabs appears to be around 40,000 a day, second jabs four times higher.

Is this due to a vaccine shortage or resistance, amongst younger folk, to being vaccinated?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 08:28 - Jul 22 with 1717 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I might be being dumb here, but have most people who were going to get a vaccine already got it? So the first time jabs are falling naturally (because there's far fewer left to jab)?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 08:37 - Jul 22 with 1672 viewsDennyx4

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 08:28 - Jul 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

I might be being dumb here, but have most people who were going to get a vaccine already got it? So the first time jabs are falling naturally (because there's far fewer left to jab)?

Think you are probably right.

Would be handy if they allowed the second vaccine a little earlier than the 8 weeks, if they have spare supply.
Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 08:50 - Jul 22 with 1600 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 08:28 - Jul 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

Yes think it’s very much this. All over 18’s have been offered a vaccine now so those getting first jabs now will be the hesitant, busy or lazy - so an ever reducing pot

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 08:51 - Jul 22 with 1594 viewsSteve_M

It's largely reduced demand, the most engaged cohort in each age group have had at least a first dose and the less keen obviously aren't coming forward to get vaccinated. It does seem odd that there is an official reluctance to allow people to accelerate second jabs in these circumstances though.

There are still some suggestions of a slowdown of Pfizer production though and I find it puzzling that there is such reluctant to vaccinate 12 - 17 year olds given that schools are experiencing high caseloads and will do again in the Autumn.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 08:53 - Jul 22 with 1574 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 08:51 - Jul 22 by Steve_M

It's largely reduced demand, the most engaged cohort in each age group have had at least a first dose and the less keen obviously aren't coming forward to get vaccinated. It does seem odd that there is an official reluctance to allow people to accelerate second jabs in these circumstances though.

There are still some suggestions of a slowdown of Pfizer production though and I find it puzzling that there is such reluctant to vaccinate 12 - 17 year olds given that schools are experiencing high caseloads and will do again in the Autumn.

I thought the jabs had to be spaced out a certain amount to be most effective?

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 08:56 - Jul 22 with 1563 viewsDennyx4

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 08:53 - Jul 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

I believe Pfizer have said minimum 3 weeks, but we have pushed back to originally 12 weeks and now 8 weeks.

Mainly the push back was to allow more first jabs, but if we are coming to a natural end, would make sense to bring the 8 weeks down to say 6 weeks, which would help to get a lot more with the double jab.
Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 08:57 - Jul 22 with 1559 viewsPinewoodblue

Looking at the figures for Suffolk, as a whole, 85% of residents eligible have been vaccinated but if you break it down further and look at just Ipswich the figure drops to 75%. The only explanation I can think of is the average age of Ipswich residents is much lower, more young people.

AZ not available to under 40’s so could there be a shortage, or is there a reluctance to get vaccinated. If it is the latter it might explain the apparent U turn on vaccine passports.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 08:57 - Jul 22 with 1558 viewsElderGrizzly

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 08:53 - Jul 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

Yep, 8 weeks is the recommended gap for AZ to get best immunity.

Pfizer is still 21 days despite what our Government say.
Login to get fewer ads

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 09:04 - Jul 22 with 1508 viewsMookamoo

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 08:57 - Jul 22 by ElderGrizzly

Can defiantly see them changing the 8 week gap. They are turning loads away from the walk-ins who want to have their second. Add those in and the rate will increase. Not sure if it is a supply issue, or they just believe 8 weeks is worth holding on for.
Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 09:05 - Jul 22 with 1506 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 08:56 - Jul 22 by Dennyx4

I believe Pfizer have said minimum 3 weeks, but we have pushed back to originally 12 weeks and now 8 weeks.

Mainly the push back was to allow more first jabs, but if we are coming to a natural end, would make sense to bring the 8 weeks down to say 6 weeks, which would help to get a lot more with the double jab.

My GF's 2nd has dropped by exactly that amount actually. She was invited by text to bring it forward, so they certainly are doing it a bit.

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 09:08 - Jul 22 with 1489 viewsGogs

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 08:57 - Jul 22 by Pinewoodblue

Looking at the figures for Suffolk, as a whole, 85% of residents eligible have been vaccinated but if you break it down further and look at just Ipswich the figure drops to 75%. The only explanation I can think of is the average age of Ipswich residents is much lower, more young people.

AZ not available to under 40’s so could there be a shortage, or is there a reluctance to get vaccinated. If it is the latter it might explain the apparent U turn on vaccine passports.

Another reason for Ipswich being a bit lower on the vaccination uptake might be that it’s more ethnically diverse than the rest of Suffolk and that there may be some reluctance to get vaccinated amongst some groups
Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 09:16 - Jul 22 with 1401 viewsStokieBlue

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 09:08 - Jul 22 by Gogs

Another reason for Ipswich being a bit lower on the vaccination uptake might be that it’s more ethnically diverse than the rest of Suffolk and that there may be some reluctance to get vaccinated amongst some groups

This is certainly an issue.

Looks like here we are only on 38.4% double dosed (59.5% single dosed) which is pretty poor when compared to other areas.

There also was (I've not seen a study since the 2nd July) a reluctance in some younger people to have hit, hence the nudge theory politics of introducing a vaccine passport at just enough time ahead to try and tempt them to get vaccinated.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 10:00 - Jul 22 with 1255 viewsnodge_blue

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 08:56 - Jul 22 by Dennyx4

Our health professionals are saying they still believe that a minimum 8 week gap gives greater protection.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 10:02 - Jul 22 with 1247 viewsStokieBlue

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 10:00 - Jul 22 by nodge_blue

Our health professionals are saying they still believe that a minimum 8 week gap gives greater protection.

For Pfizer?

There doesn't seem to be any studies around that timescale, the US has vaccinated with Pfizer using a 21 day delay as have most other countries I believe.

For AZ, 8 weeks minimum is the standard.

SB

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 10:10 - Jul 22 with 1223 viewsclive_baker

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 08:37 - Jul 22 by Dennyx4

Think you are probably right.

Would be handy if they allowed the second vaccine a little earlier than the 8 weeks, if they have spare supply.

I got called for my 2nd only 3 weeks after my first (Pfizer). Maybe an element of postcode lottery but having done a little research and read up on the WHO guidance I deemed it OK.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 10:13 - Jul 22 with 1216 viewsclive_baker

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 08:51 - Jul 22 by Steve_M

I found it encouraging to hear that nigh on 70% of the population have now had 2 jabs, as of the numbers reported in the news yesterday. The 1 jab % is a pretty good indicator of where that'll net out now I would say, I wouldn't imagine there are many that haven't had 1 jab and still intend to, nor will there likely be many that have had the 1st but now don't want a 2nd. I think that was something like 90% have been jabbed once. Presumably that 70% that have had 2 will increase to 90% relatively quickly, assuming we have the supply.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 10:15 - Jul 22 with 1209 viewsStokieBlue

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 10:13 - Jul 22 by clive_baker

I found it encouraging to hear that nigh on 70% of the population have now had 2 jabs, as of the numbers reported in the news yesterday. The 1 jab % is a pretty good indicator of where that'll net out now I would say, I wouldn't imagine there are many that haven't had 1 jab and still intend to, nor will there likely be many that have had the 1st but now don't want a 2nd. I think that was something like 90% have been jabbed once. Presumably that 70% that have had 2 will increase to 90% relatively quickly, assuming we have the supply.

It's very region specific though.

As per above, in my area it's <60% 1st dose and <40% double-dosed. I guess we are going to see hospitalisations spike in specific locales unfortunately.

There are some strange cohorts who don't seem to want the vaccine, for instance, some care home workers who are close to vulnerable people all the time:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/21/english-care-homes-could-lose-7000

SB
[Post edited 22 Jul 2021 10:16]

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 10:22 - Jul 22 with 1170 viewsnodge_blue

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 10:00 - Jul 22 by nodge_blue

They were discussing it again in the papers recently as we have this over supply / under demand situation and that was what was being said. Bringing them forward would weaken the immune response and be self defeating in the long run.

I did a quick google and just grabbed this link:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/siladityaray/2021/05/14/study-finds-12-week-gap-bet

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 10:29 - Jul 22 with 1135 viewsStokieBlue

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 10:22 - Jul 22 by nodge_blue

They were discussing it again in the papers recently as we have this over supply / under demand situation and that was what was being said. Bringing them forward would weaken the immune response and be self defeating in the long run.

I did a quick google and just grabbed this link:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/siladityaray/2021/05/14/study-finds-12-week-gap-bet

That's an interesting study (with the caveat it's not yet peer reviewed).

It's not definitely weakening the immune response but creating a different immune response:

- 12 weeks seems to create more antibodies
- 3 weeks seems to create more T-Cells which possibly might give longer term immunity.

Both are needed and as it stands I don't believe scientists have quite worked out what combination is best for fighting off C19.

SB

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 10:35 - Jul 22 with 1113 viewsBLUEGOLD

That's 90% of over 18's.

There are an awful lot of under 18's who have not been vaccinated though and they are super spreaders who will bring it into their homes and any variant will gain traction that way.

The over 12's as a minimum should really be vaccinated over the summer with the Pfizer or Moderna.
Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 10:42 - Jul 22 with 1094 viewsRyorry

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 10:29 - Jul 22 by StokieBlue

That's an interesting study (with the caveat it's not yet peer reviewed).

It's not definitely weakening the immune response but creating a different immune response:

- 12 weeks seems to create more antibodies
- 3 weeks seems to create more T-Cells which possibly might give longer term immunity.

Both are needed and as it stands I don't believe scientists have quite worked out what combination is best for fighting off C19.

SB

There was an interesting side-track to Covid vaccs on the BBC World Service's prog 'Health Check' in the wee small hours this a.m.

It's complex & not yet fully researched enough to be sure, but data so far is suggesting that having the 'flu vaccine prior (not sure by how many weeks) to any Covid vacc, gives a bit more protection. Doesn't give more *specific* antibodies against Covid, but primes or ups the immune system generally.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/w3ct1nvj

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 10:44 - Jul 22 with 1085 viewsParky

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 08:57 - Jul 22 by ElderGrizzly

I had my 2nd dose after 5 weeks, mates have all done similar.

Assume different places are doing it differently, but there’s at least a handful of places in Ipswich that are bringing / able to bring forward the second dose.
Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 10:44 - Jul 22 with 1079 viewsElderGrizzly

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 09:04 - Jul 22 by Mookamoo

Can defiantly see them changing the 8 week gap. They are turning loads away from the walk-ins who want to have their second. Add those in and the rate will increase. Not sure if it is a supply issue, or they just believe 8 weeks is worth holding on for.

For AZ 8 weeks appears the sweet spot for increased efficacy.

Not an issue for under 40s now of course, as they aren't being offered AZ.

For Pfizer, supplies are more of an issue (although some are still being dumped), but the main drop is around reluctance and a smaller cohort more than anything.

There is a study i've shared on here of ethnic minority reluctance to take it. I'll try and find my post.

Edit: posted links below

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-report-shows-improving-vaccine-con

https://www.ft.com/content/e3a60193-0cb6-447a-a4dc-fec204b40446

https://www.local.gov.uk/our-support/coronavirus-information-councils/covid-19-s
[Post edited 22 Jul 2021 10:52]
Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 10:46 - Jul 22 with 1068 viewsStokieBlue

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 10:42 - Jul 22 by Ryorry

There was an interesting side-track to Covid vaccs on the BBC World Service's prog 'Health Check' in the wee small hours this a.m.

It's complex & not yet fully researched enough to be sure, but data so far is suggesting that having the 'flu vaccine prior (not sure by how many weeks) to any Covid vacc, gives a bit more protection. Doesn't give more *specific* antibodies against Covid, but primes or ups the immune system generally.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/w3ct1nvj

Yes, I heard about this a few months back and meant to post but forgot.

Essentially having any vaccine (in this case the study was the flu vaccine in health workers I believe) seems to make the "innate" immune system aware that something might be coming along and thus anything it sees it tries to slow down whilst the active immune system gets fired up to fight the specific virus.

It needs far more research but it's possible that just a primer vaccine which doesn't do anything specific might give some first line defence against all kinds of infections.

SB

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 11:11 - Jul 22 with 1005 viewsThe_Last_Baron

From my circle of family and friends it is 50/50. I would say with confidence that all of those I know who have refused the medical procedure will never take it, bar two people who will revisit the prospect in two years time.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024