Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? 08:16 - Jul 22 with 2657 viewsPinewoodblue

Number of first time jabs appears to be around 40,000 a day, second jabs four times higher.

Is this due to a vaccine shortage or resistance, amongst younger folk, to being vaccinated?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 11:21 - Jul 22 with 863 viewsTonytown

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 11:11 - Jul 22 by The_Last_Baron

From my circle of family and friends it is 50/50. I would say with confidence that all of those I know who have refused the medical procedure will never take it, bar two people who will revisit the prospect in two years time.

I trust you are doing your best to educate the 50% who are refusing it?

There is no sensible reason not to have it.
Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 11:25 - Jul 22 with 855 viewsStokieBlue

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 11:11 - Jul 22 by The_Last_Baron

From my circle of family and friends it is 50/50. I would say with confidence that all of those I know who have refused the medical procedure will never take it, bar two people who will revisit the prospect in two years time.

"Medical Procedure".

That is rather excessive language for a vaccination wouldn't you say?

If they are never going to take it I hope they are planning on doing much come September.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 11:32 - Jul 22 with 834 viewsDigger77

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 10:35 - Jul 22 by BLUEGOLD

That's 90% of over 18's.

There are an awful lot of under 18's who have not been vaccinated though and they are super spreaders who will bring it into their homes and any variant will gain traction that way.

The over 12's as a minimum should really be vaccinated over the summer with the Pfizer or Moderna.

I don't know anyone who will be giving their kids a vaccine thats still under trial.

Mine won't be.
Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 11:38 - Jul 22 with 826 viewsnodge_blue

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 10:29 - Jul 22 by StokieBlue

That's an interesting study (with the caveat it's not yet peer reviewed).

It's not definitely weakening the immune response but creating a different immune response:

- 12 weeks seems to create more antibodies
- 3 weeks seems to create more T-Cells which possibly might give longer term immunity.

Both are needed and as it stands I don't believe scientists have quite worked out what combination is best for fighting off C19.

SB

This one is even more extreme…
https://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/health/ten-month-gap-between-astrazeneca-doses

I think Pfizer and az quite understandably went for an initial short period as we couldn’t wait around, and then having trialled on that basis have to recommend it. Our health experts using previous knowledge suggested longer would be better and I think that’s being proven.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 11:53 - Jul 22 with 792 viewsStokieBlue

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 11:38 - Jul 22 by nodge_blue

This one is even more extreme…
https://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/health/ten-month-gap-between-astrazeneca-doses

I think Pfizer and az quite understandably went for an initial short period as we couldn’t wait around, and then having trialled on that basis have to recommend it. Our health experts using previous knowledge suggested longer would be better and I think that’s being proven.

But as per my previous post which relates directly to your article, it's not been proved for the mRNA vaccines, it depends what type of response is required and we don't know that yet.

They also couldn't have used previous knowledge for mRNA vaccines as there hadn't been any in high volume usage before C19.

What you say is correct for AZ which is a different type of vaccine. There is an important distinction between the types which has to be taken into account.

SB

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 11:56 - Jul 22 with 788 viewsPinewoodblue

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 10:13 - Jul 22 by clive_baker

I found it encouraging to hear that nigh on 70% of the population have now had 2 jabs, as of the numbers reported in the news yesterday. The 1 jab % is a pretty good indicator of where that'll net out now I would say, I wouldn't imagine there are many that haven't had 1 jab and still intend to, nor will there likely be many that have had the 1st but now don't want a 2nd. I think that was something like 90% have been jabbed once. Presumably that 70% that have had 2 will increase to 90% relatively quickly, assuming we have the supply.

I find it discouraging when people misunderstand simple messages. 70% of those eligible have had two jabs. You do realise that over 20% of the UK population is under 18?

2023 year of destiny

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 12:16 - Jul 22 with 743 viewsnodge_blue

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 11:53 - Jul 22 by StokieBlue

But as per my previous post which relates directly to your article, it's not been proved for the mRNA vaccines, it depends what type of response is required and we don't know that yet.

They also couldn't have used previous knowledge for mRNA vaccines as there hadn't been any in high volume usage before C19.

What you say is correct for AZ which is a different type of vaccine. There is an important distinction between the types which has to be taken into account.

SB

Yes. My son has had Pfizer and initially had a 10 week gap between bookings. Im not sure whether he should now after 5 weeks be looking just to get it earlier with this Delta variant going strongly, or just leave it. He is inclined to leave it.

From what I understand in a limited way antibodies are the primary form of defence but will wain in time. But as you say T cells are something less understood but people think will stay as another form of defence much longer.

I guess thats why these studies and trials are so important as they give evidence to theory.

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 12:25 - Jul 22 with 733 viewsRyorry

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 11:32 - Jul 22 by Digger77

I don't know anyone who will be giving their kids a vaccine thats still under trial.

Mine won't be.

What vaccine would they get that is still "under trial"? 🤔

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 13:48 - Jul 22 with 678 viewsTonytown

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 12:25 - Jul 22 by Ryorry

What vaccine would they get that is still "under trial"? 🤔

Is precisely the point.

Are we being trolled or are there some real covidiots on the board?
Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 13:50 - Jul 22 with 672 viewsElderGrizzly

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 13:48 - Jul 22 by Tonytown

Is precisely the point.

Are we being trolled or are there some real covidiots on the board?

I'm guessing it is the same line being used in the USA by the QAnon brigade.

It has "emergency authorisation", but those with an agenda have decided that means it is not properly approved.
Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 10:17 - Jul 23 with 563 viewsnodge_blue

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 11:53 - Jul 22 by StokieBlue

SB

Interestingly this is on the BBC site today....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57929953

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 10:21 - Jul 23 with 556 viewsElderGrizzly

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 10:17 - Jul 23 by nodge_blue

Yes a new report out today. It could be great news.

The rest of the world are still on 21 days though
Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 10:32 - Jul 23 with 535 viewsnodge_blue

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 10:21 - Jul 23 by ElderGrizzly

Yes a new report out today. It could be great news.

The rest of the world are still on 21 days though

I think having studies that support an ideal window gap is important for the world to get the best immune response.

I do think our medical experts like Chris Whitty have been very good during this. He was brave enough to believe that a longer gap would produce a better response and that it would allow more initial jabs. Given the uproar in some circles at the time that caused, I think he deserves credit for that.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2021 10:32]

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 10:51 - Jul 23 with 513 viewsElderGrizzly

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 10:32 - Jul 23 by nodge_blue

I think having studies that support an ideal window gap is important for the world to get the best immune response.

I do think our medical experts like Chris Whitty have been very good during this. He was brave enough to believe that a longer gap would produce a better response and that it would allow more initial jabs. Given the uproar in some circles at the time that caused, I think he deserves credit for that.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2021 10:32]

They were brave, but they didn't have the data to back up their decision at the time with the new MRNA vaccines (Pfizer and Moderna)

So, it turns out they appear to have been correct but they simply couldn't have known at the time as they admitted their theory was based on 'traditional' vaccine performance.

Overall, I agree on Whitty and Vallance and I just wish the Government listened to them more rather than ploughing ahead with the direction they've taken us
Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 11:07 - Jul 23 with 489 viewsPinewoodblue

Another interesting read .

https://www.nihr.ac.uk/news/mixed-oxford-and-pfizer-vaccine-schedules-shows-robu

2023 year of destiny

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 12:06 - Jul 23 with 449 viewsStokieBlue

Vaccination rate - is it falling, if so why? on 10:17 - Jul 23 by nodge_blue

I did see that earlier.

It's interesting but also not what the rest of the world are saying or doing. One of them is wrong, will be interesting to see which in the long run.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024