Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today 17:57 - Jul 31 with 11880 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Embarrassing. Forever Blowing Bubbles... Irons.

I had to move away could not stomach it. Seems like a fairly trivial point but we as a club desperately need some more chants. All our songs are so generic.

Aside from that, decent fitness for the team against a solid Champ side. Impressed with Piggott and Evans. We need a left back and another centre half. But I’m still feeling good about this season.

Video below..towards the end you can hear a glorious rendition of "chequebook FC" Cringe

[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 18:48]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 22:08 - Jul 31 with 2357 viewsMattinLondon

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 22:00 - Jul 31 by Blue_Order

Cheers mate.

I personally think having a drum adds to the atmosphere, however the drummer in Section 6 is no longer part of the group, so for the foreseeable, any drumming won’t be coming from BA.

I like drummers as well as I think they also add to the atmosphere.

Every now and-then you get the odd poster on here who likes to criticise Blue Action - don’t know why, maybe it’s fashionable to be edgy and different.

But hope you carry on and that the atmosphere improves and improves.
Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 22:43 - Jul 31 with 2277 viewsReuser_is_God

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 22:00 - Jul 31 by Blue_Order

Cheers mate.

I personally think having a drum adds to the atmosphere, however the drummer in Section 6 is no longer part of the group, so for the foreseeable, any drumming won’t be coming from BA.

Does this mean I ain’t sitting next to a bloody drum next season?!

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 22:47 - Jul 31 with 2270 viewsBlue_Order

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 22:43 - Jul 31 by Reuser_is_God

Does this mean I ain’t sitting next to a bloody drum next season?!

Yes mate, but we have got a trumpet player in to replace him so you’ll be next to that instead.
Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 22:49 - Jul 31 with 2253 viewsReuser_is_God

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 22:47 - Jul 31 by Blue_Order

Yes mate, but we have got a trumpet player in to replace him so you’ll be next to that instead.

Much appreciated.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 23:05 - Jul 31 with 2214 viewsbluejacko

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 19:43 - Jul 31 by ITFC_Forever

Jeez, we have some absolute melts in our support.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 19:44]

They just can’t help themselves! Just got to moan about something.
Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 00:06 - Aug 1 with 2154 viewspelles321

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 21:49 - Jul 31 by Blue_Order

No, never have done. A few of our members joined in with it when it first came about but we had a word and they stopped.

I had a simple little chant to the tune of Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye for Toto which I thought was alright, but it’s not been aired at a game yet.

Nsiala
Nsiala
Hey hey hey
Nsiala

Much prefer yours, get it out there!
Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 01:06 - Aug 1 with 2119 viewsParamedic

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 20:35 - Jul 31 by Blue_Order

If you’re talking about Blue Action here, we weren’t at the game today, nor are we situated in the corner anymore, so songs that come from up there won’t be coming from us.

I won’t pretend we haven’t sung some cringey songs in our time, but we’ve also constantly tried to introduce new songs to the stands, and you can’t please everyone all of the time. Some take off and are popular, some aren’t. The ones that aren’t usually get retired once we’ve exhausted efforts to try and get them to work. Portman Road wasn’t exactly awash with good songs before we started (which is one of the reasons we started in the first place), and I personally feel that we’ve improved the songbook over the last few years, even if most folk won’t have heard a lot of them because they rarely spread past that section.

Portman Road was awash with plenty of songs in the 70s, 80s and 90s. A rocking good atmosphere too. Some of today’s offerings were quite frankly embarrassing.

AllalallalSunderland

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 01:08 - Aug 1 with 2115 viewsParamedic

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 21:27 - Jul 31 by TexacoCup

Should have brought out one of the oldies
'We went to Millwall, We beat 'em six one'

Oldies are the best.

AllalallalSunderland

Login to get fewer ads

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 06:57 - Aug 1 with 2045 viewsgordon

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 18:03 - Jul 31 by SomethingBlue

Not usually bothered by this stuff but, as I'd silently predicted to myself, "Chequebook FC, Chequebook FC ..." seemingly got an airing — please please please please please can this go right in the bin and stay there. Aware it's slightly different but some of us were at Norwich on "We're fcuking loaded" day.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 18:04]

Yup, when we're mid-table League One in 18 months and the Pension Fund pulls the plug it won't be a great look!
Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 07:46 - Aug 1 with 1997 viewsGiveusaWave

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 18:03 - Jul 31 by SomethingBlue

Not usually bothered by this stuff but, as I'd silently predicted to myself, "Chequebook FC, Chequebook FC ..." seemingly got an airing — please please please please please can this go right in the bin and stay there. Aware it's slightly different but some of us were at Norwich on "We're fcuking loaded" day.

Most of the fans singing it seem younger generation. Find the whole thing really strange myself...where is the humility?

Reminds me of those old Harry Enfield sketches.....

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 08:04 - Aug 1 with 1963 viewswkj

In fairness, "Chequebook FC" is one I get - We've been trolled a bit, so we're having fun with it. "We're fcuking loaded" though... that was pure 100% embarrassing tinpottery.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 08:06 - Aug 1 with 1964 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone singing West Ham fans should be banned until they’ve attended a re-education camp

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 08:11 - Aug 1 with 1941 viewsFunge

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 08:06 - Aug 1 by itfcjoe

Anyone singing West Ham fans should be banned until they’ve attended a re-education camp

Yep, absolutely.

West Ham ffs, almost as bad as the budgies.
Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 08:15 - Aug 1 with 1933 viewswkj

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 08:11 - Aug 1 by Funge

Yep, absolutely.

West Ham ffs, almost as bad as the budgies.

If people are having fun at footie games and we're not being racist thugs - I can't really see a lot too wrong with it yesterday. It's been a long two years.

Crybaby

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 08:32 - Aug 1 with 1887 viewsFunge

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 08:15 - Aug 1 by wkj

If people are having fun at footie games and we're not being racist thugs - I can't really see a lot too wrong with it yesterday. It's been a long two years.

If you're singing West Ham (!!!!) songs at Portman Rd, you're a fcking dickhead. Some kids tried it at The Den a few years ago (maybe the Bullard 4-1?), and got told firmly to shut it by the big boys.

Historically, North Essex is us, South Essex is West Ham.

Our rivalry is, of course, with the budgies, and, tbf, the wider West Ham support couldn't care less about us, but there are plenty Towun in Essex who have to put up with Spammers all the time.

I can't stand West Ham, and plenty others feel the same way. 'Forever Blowing'? - absolutely not.
Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 08:33 - Aug 1 with 1883 viewsitfcjoe

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 08:32 - Aug 1 by Funge

If you're singing West Ham (!!!!) songs at Portman Rd, you're a fcking dickhead. Some kids tried it at The Den a few years ago (maybe the Bullard 4-1?), and got told firmly to shut it by the big boys.

Historically, North Essex is us, South Essex is West Ham.

Our rivalry is, of course, with the budgies, and, tbf, the wider West Ham support couldn't care less about us, but there are plenty Towun in Essex who have to put up with Spammers all the time.

I can't stand West Ham, and plenty others feel the same way. 'Forever Blowing'? - absolutely not.

Ashton spoke the other night about getting the culture right in the club, fans singing West Ham songs is not that. It’s shameful and needs to be stamped out

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 08:36 - Aug 1 with 1864 viewsFunge

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 08:33 - Aug 1 by itfcjoe

Ashton spoke the other night about getting the culture right in the club, fans singing West Ham songs is not that. It’s shameful and needs to be stamped out

Absolutely right.
Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 09:07 - Aug 1 with 1790 viewswkj

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 08:33 - Aug 1 by itfcjoe

How does one go about stamping it out though? In the current climate, we are reminded more and more that telling people they must or must not do something is met with resistance.

Crybaby

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 09:27 - Aug 1 with 1745 viewsHipsterectomy

Whilst it is definitely cringe to sing other club's songs to goad fans, isn't this what football fans do?

'you're just a bus stop in Norwich'
'Norwich are sht but they're better than you'
etc etc

singing west ham songs is definitely ott though

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 09:30 - Aug 1 with 1730 viewsitfcjoe

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 09:27 - Aug 1 by Hipsterectomy

Whilst it is definitely cringe to sing other club's songs to goad fans, isn't this what football fans do?

'you're just a bus stop in Norwich'
'Norwich are sht but they're better than you'
etc etc

singing west ham songs is definitely ott though

There is a massive difference between comparing a team unfavourably to their rivals and singing their rivals songs

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 09:35 - Aug 1 with 1716 viewsbrogansnose

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 09:07 - Aug 1 by wkj

How does one go about stamping it out though? In the current climate, we are reminded more and more that telling people they must or must not do something is met with resistance.

I think if we had a better repertoire of songs or chants, which we haven't had for ages, then all the dickwit stuff would be superceded. There are people down there that want to get involved and make a noise that need decent material that they have difficulty originating unless they copy other clubs stuff. Hopefully, and it shoudn't be down to them, but Blue Action moving and starting stuff up will help. Conversely, but not in this case which is justified, there will always be a bunch of moaners complaining about what comes out, however, I'm of a view that even singing Coldplays back catalogue is preferable to tutting, and sighing.

I would also like to add that I am in no way a fan of 'girls' band Coldplay.
Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 09:35 - Aug 1 with 1715 viewsitfcjoe

The same way that Blue Action stamp people singing the Toto song around them

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 09:42 - Aug 1 with 1677 viewstractorboy1978

I mean, it should be common sense shouldn't it?
Old song that rang around the ground on 09:58 - Aug 1 with 1649 viewskpblues

The one I miss a bit is Ipswich, Ipswich to the tune of Amazing Grace.

Back in the day this would be sung around the entire ground and the noise was unbelievable.

It had Portman Road rocking.

Poll: Do you want Ipswich to be a city?

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 10:06 - Aug 1 with 1634 viewsBryanPlug

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 01:06 - Aug 1 by Paramedic

Portman Road was awash with plenty of songs in the 70s, 80s and 90s. A rocking good atmosphere too. Some of today’s offerings were quite frankly embarrassing.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024