Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. 16:34 - Aug 4 with 4038 viewsSwailsey

about going Saturday?

I don’t want this to turn into a COVID worrier/COVID denier thread. Just curious. I want so desperately to go and see the dawn of the new era, but find it all a bit much.

Would be good to know I’m not alone!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 18:36 - Aug 4 with 918 viewsMetal_Hacker

Literally within the last hour , for back from 10 days on holiday in Spain. Reference COVID , we as a family have never felt safer over there. Get him and standards are massively different

Can’t fault you or anyone being worried

Different folks , different strokes and all that

Stay safe everyone

Poll: If it were one or the other

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 18:37 - Aug 4 with 912 viewstextbackup

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 18:36 - Aug 4 by Metal_Hacker

Literally within the last hour , for back from 10 days on holiday in Spain. Reference COVID , we as a family have never felt safer over there. Get him and standards are massively different

Can’t fault you or anyone being worried

Different folks , different strokes and all that

Stay safe everyone

we fly out later in august, was the airport (leaving) that bad? or just the papers worrying everyone as per

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 19:06 - Aug 4 with 846 viewsfabian_illness

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 18:36 - Aug 4 by Ely_Blue

Because the virus has decided it’s only going to turn up for the first month of the season? Is the virus managed by Lambert?

Not at all.
My old chap isn’t well and I go in and get him up every morning and help him to bed at night.
Plus, the Mrs has just started back up the airport after being laid off during the first outbreak.
I’m just trying to minimise the risk to protect my family.
Otherwise I’d probably go.
Enjoy the game.
Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 19:16 - Aug 4 with 825 viewscooperd5

I was nervous but deffo going (SBRL)
but Mrs C now got Covid so we're all isolating till Wednesday 11th so am not going. Son is gutted.
Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 19:19 - Aug 4 with 816 viewsjayessess

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 18:36 - Aug 4 by Ely_Blue

Because the virus has decided it’s only going to turn up for the first month of the season? Is the virus managed by Lambert?

Lots of perfectly rational reasons to wait a month: To see if infection rates keep dropping, another month of people getting vaccinated, a month to find out if domestic league football matches are a significant cause of outbreaks, you can hear back from more confident friends about what's going on etc.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 19:20 - Aug 4 with 818 viewsDubtractor

Having done latitude last weekend I'm feeling a bit less nervy about things. Not that latitude felt safe as such, but it pushed me through a mental barrier.

To be honest though I'm double jabbed and feeling similar to the likes of texters, I've spent spent the last year and a half following all the rules and getting pretty bored, so I'm desperate to embrace some kind of normality.

Fully understand why others feel more cautious though, and as we hopefully come out of the back of this there are going to be a lot of people that struggle to get back into swing of normal life again.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 19:29 - Aug 4 with 784 viewsMerseyBlue

I'm still kicking the idea back and forth on an hourly basis - I made my decision not to go for the foreseeable a while back but there is a large, very vocal part of my consciousness that wants me to go.

I want to see how the overall picture develops - where the country is in a couple of months time as the kids go back to school, the mass transit and containment of football fans becomes a bi-weekly event and the cooler, wetter weather sets in. My instinct tells me that these first couple of months may be the only opportunities fans get to go to games until the Spring. Of course I don't know but I just don't believe this is over yet, more that this is a lull.

I'm not criticising anyone who attends, the restrictions have been dropped, you're free to do as you wish and we all do what feels comfortable to us. I do however honestly think that as a country, and to be honest, globally - we haven't learned as many lessons from this last year and a half as we should have. So much talk of a new normal early on, not so many signs of one anymore.

I'm really pleased to see that the cases have dropped for the last couple of weeks - I didn't think this would be the case but happy to be proven wrong, and hope I am again. I'm pretty contented in my quieter life, despite being fairly extroverted, but I will miss being there when Saturday comes.

Good luck to everyone attending, please be as considerate as you can be, enjoy yourself and make us proud to be Town fans.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 19:31 - Aug 4 with 779 viewsChurchman

I can’t go but had I been able to I’d have had your concerns and probably left it until I felt a little more comfortable - particularly as my elderly father (massive Town fan since the 1930s) isn’t very well.

That’s very much a personal feeling as I think most people are sensible about it, as is the club, and the risk is pretty minimal. I’ll be along as soon as I’m able and can’t wait. New dawn now that Evans is gone! I think we are in for good times in the medium and long term!
Login to get fewer ads

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 19:35 - Aug 4 with 776 viewsSitfcB

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 19:20 - Aug 4 by Dubtractor

Having done latitude last weekend I'm feeling a bit less nervy about things. Not that latitude felt safe as such, but it pushed me through a mental barrier.

To be honest though I'm double jabbed and feeling similar to the likes of texters, I've spent spent the last year and a half following all the rules and getting pretty bored, so I'm desperate to embrace some kind of normality.

Fully understand why others feel more cautious though, and as we hopefully come out of the back of this there are going to be a lot of people that struggle to get back into swing of normal life again.

Can see why it’s harder for people that haven’t been out and about etc.

I went to a game at the Euros, been to 3 pre-season games, Newmarket nights, weekend away at Hopton plus out and about at places like Felixstowe etc on weekends so feel like life is pretty much back to normal, Saturday is the icing on the cake.

Obviously everyone has their own reasons but think if you can then go for it if not Saturday then Tuesday when it’ll be a low crowd.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 20:08 - Aug 4 with 712 viewssouthnorfolkblue

It will be my first game of the season. I can’t wait but understand why people are nervous. I don’t use public transport, which helps. I will avoid the bar at half time.

For me the bigger issue is away games, which I used to train. I will probably avoid these for the foreseeable future

Poll: Our final position

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 20:11 - Aug 4 with 703 viewsMetal_Hacker

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 18:37 - Aug 4 by textbackup

we fly out later in august, was the airport (leaving) that bad? or just the papers worrying everyone as per

If you’ve got all your paper in order it’s absolutely no hassle. We flew from Manchester - Malaga , for the most very well organised and well worth the little extra work (Mrs Hacker) did ref paperwork

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 20:37 - Aug 4 with 654 viewstextbackup

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 20:11 - Aug 4 by Metal_Hacker

If you’ve got all your paper in order it’s absolutely no hassle. We flew from Manchester - Malaga , for the most very well organised and well worth the little extra work (Mrs Hacker) did ref paperwork

spainish health form yeah? got that half done, but rest is 48hrs before going.

both me and her have covid paper passes too....

should be a breeze

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 20:38 - Aug 4 with 646 viewstextbackup

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 19:35 - Aug 4 by SitfcB

I went to a game at the Euros, been to 3 pre-season games, Newmarket nights, weekend away at Hopton plus out and about at places like Felixstowe etc on weekends so feel like life is pretty much back to normal, Saturday is the icing on the cake.

Obviously everyone has their own reasons but think if you can then go for it if not Saturday then Tuesday when it’ll be a low crowd.

Tuesday is ideal really, be about 8k there

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 20:41 - Aug 4 with 640 viewsEly_Blue

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 19:06 - Aug 4 by fabian_illness

Not at all.
My old chap isn’t well and I go in and get him up every morning and help him to bed at night.
Plus, the Mrs has just started back up the airport after being laid off during the first outbreak.
I’m just trying to minimise the risk to protect my family.
Otherwise I’d probably go.
Enjoy the game.

Probably a pretty safe place to be at the football, you’re either amongst the double jabbed or the negative testers! Plus anyone with symptoms shouldn’t be in attendance

You can’t get that guarantee if you go to the supermarket

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 20:46 - Aug 4 with 624 viewsBig_Jase

Not at all, but understand why some are worried.

I’ve been doing lots of things to be honest, Euros, Latitude etc. So it seems all normal. I say bite the bullet and go, it will all start feeling normal again soon enough.

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 20:46 - Aug 4 with 622 viewsborge

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 17:49 - Aug 4 by DebsyAngel

You are not alone - I am bricking it! I want to see the match and people I have missed for over a year. My husband is coming to this one for moral support, but after that I will have to do it alone. I too am in the SBRL.

It's a big jump for me, when only last Saturday the most people I have been in one sitting with is 4 members of my close family, and that was outside in the garden. Quite an unsettling thought with 18,000+ there Saturday.... but I will try my best, I need to face my fears otherwise will become a total hermit!

Best of luck Swailsey, and anyone else feeling like this.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2021 17:52]

I think you should absolutely go and totally believe that with the right precautions you will be safe. But, given how anxious you have been I would definitely consider asking the ticket office if they can move your seat for the game.

SBRL will be different from other parts of the stadium in terms of proximity to others and the general demographic. I am thinking folks in SBRL tend to be younger, more likely to be under the influence and just generally a bit more carefree when it comes to COVID. I appreciate that's a generalisation, but don't think it's unfair/inaccurate.

If you move, it will give you the chance to go, feel safe and make an informed assessment as to whether or not to go in SBRL next time. Better to take small, reassuring steps than a really big one.
Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 20:52 - Aug 4 with 605 viewschrismakin

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 17:49 - Aug 4 by DebsyAngel

You are not alone - I am bricking it! I want to see the match and people I have missed for over a year. My husband is coming to this one for moral support, but after that I will have to do it alone. I too am in the SBRL.

It's a big jump for me, when only last Saturday the most people I have been in one sitting with is 4 members of my close family, and that was outside in the garden. Quite an unsettling thought with 18,000+ there Saturday.... but I will try my best, I need to face my fears otherwise will become a total hermit!

Best of luck Swailsey, and anyone else feeling like this.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2021 17:52]

Debsy. Something that may help as I'm currently doing it for a couple of weeks.

Maybe attend a local non league game. Not as many fans and it will slowly build your confidence in being around fans. There are still many clubs doing their own checks etc before entry. Might be something to look into.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 20:56 - Aug 4 with 590 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 19:20 - Aug 4 by Dubtractor

I did latitude as well, which I think has helped my thought process on this…even though I’m still self isolating as a result of of being pinged

Poll: Our final position

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 20:57 - Aug 4 with 586 viewsMetal_Hacker

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 20:37 - Aug 4 by textbackup

spainish health form yeah? got that half done, but rest is 48hrs before going.

both me and her have covid paper passes too....

should be a breeze

Yeah it’s essentially the “tracker” information for when you return and the tests that take a little effort but like I say Mrs H was a star

Have a great holiday Texters

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 20:58 - Aug 4 with 578 viewsDebsyAngel

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 20:46 - Aug 4 by borge

I think you should absolutely go and totally believe that with the right precautions you will be safe. But, given how anxious you have been I would definitely consider asking the ticket office if they can move your seat for the game.

SBRL will be different from other parts of the stadium in terms of proximity to others and the general demographic. I am thinking folks in SBRL tend to be younger, more likely to be under the influence and just generally a bit more carefree when it comes to COVID. I appreciate that's a generalisation, but don't think it's unfair/inaccurate.

If you move, it will give you the chance to go, feel safe and make an informed assessment as to whether or not to go in SBRL next time. Better to take small, reassuring steps than a really big one.

Thanks - but I am going to brave it. As much as I struggle with a mask I will wear it in the concourse/toilets but am not going to the bars as will be bringing a flask/bottle of drink with me. I will explain why to any steward too. I need to start being braver and at least try - if I feel too scared during the match, I may just go home, but hoping I am made of sterner stuff. Thing is, with anxiety, is that I build the situation up to the worst scenario. I hope one day and with enough chances to get out more, this will lessen.
Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 20:59 - Aug 4 with 575 viewsEly_Blue

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 19:35 - Aug 4 by SitfcB

I have no qualms about going on Saturday, if you’re double jabbed then you are safer than not jabbed at all, less chance to get seriously sick.

As I previously said the risks are safer at the game on Saturday (providing everyone has followed the protocols of testing if not jabbed) than they are at the supermarket.

I took 4 flights last week and to be honest that didn’t really bother me, worst case is you get pinged/text to self isolate which isn’t the end of the world if you can work from home.

I’d say Saturday is pretty low risk to be honest

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 20:59 - Aug 4 with 573 viewsDebsyAngel

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 20:52 - Aug 4 by chrismakin

Debsy. Something that may help as I'm currently doing it for a couple of weeks.

Maybe attend a local non league game. Not as many fans and it will slowly build your confidence in being around fans. There are still many clubs doing their own checks etc before entry. Might be something to look into.

That would be something I may consider if this coming Saturday is too much for me, thanks for the suggestion.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2021 21:03]
Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 21:04 - Aug 4 with 555 viewsEly_Blue

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 20:59 - Aug 4 by DebsyAngel

That would be something I may consider if this coming Saturday is too much for me, thanks for the suggestion.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2021 21:03]

Try not to worry about it too much, I know it can be an anxious time for you but you’re double jabbed aren’t you? I’d say you’ll be fine if you stick to the masking up and avoiding areas that are too crowded

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 21:15 - Aug 4 with 531 viewsSteve_M

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 20:58 - Aug 4 by DebsyAngel

Thanks - but I am going to brave it. As much as I struggle with a mask I will wear it in the concourse/toilets but am not going to the bars as will be bringing a flask/bottle of drink with me. I will explain why to any steward too. I need to start being braver and at least try - if I feel too scared during the match, I may just go home, but hoping I am made of sterner stuff. Thing is, with anxiety, is that I build the situation up to the worst scenario. I hope one day and with enough chances to get out more, this will lessen.

I suspect that if you make it into the ground then the familiarity will seem comforting, see comments in this thread from Sitters & Dub about how doing other 'normal' stuff changes the perception of risk. Get in early, wait out the rush leaving and it won't be too bad.

I know anxiety doesn't quite work like that, but hope you can make it.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 21:45 - Aug 4 with 482 viewsDebsyAngel

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 21:04 - Aug 4 by Ely_Blue

Try not to worry about it too much, I know it can be an anxious time for you but you’re double jabbed aren’t you? I’d say you’ll be fine if you stick to the masking up and avoiding areas that are too crowded

Yes, we both are double jabbed and will be as cautious as possible. Thanks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024