Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jacobs deal canned... 14:17 - Aug 9 with 2647 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Feel sorry for the guy, but am kind of relieved.

I think Edwards is the better long term prospect, I dont think we needed both.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Jacobs deal canned... on 14:20 - Aug 9 with 2568 viewstextbackup

how many times over the years have we got the sht end of a deal, with players going elsewhere....

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Jacobs deal canned... on 14:22 - Aug 9 with 2502 viewsitfcsuth

Whilst I understand what you say, this is football, and football is a ruthless business. Players are equally as ruthless with clubs, so Ashton will be acting in the sole interest of what is best for Ipswich Town.
Jacobs deal canned... on 14:23 - Aug 9 with 2463 viewsfranz_tyson

Jacobs deal canned... on 14:20 - Aug 9 by textbackup

how many times over the years have we got the sht end of a deal, with players going elsewhere....

Would we have preferred Jacobs to Aluko? But we’d already signed Aluko when Edwards became available?
Jacobs would have been a good fit, withstanding injury concerns.
Jacobs deal canned... on 14:26 - Aug 9 with 2392 viewsJDB23

As others have said, plenty of times players have been through the door here and ended up going somewhere else last minute. It's not like Portsmouth don't want to keep him, I'm sure he'll feature heavily for them this year injuries aside.
Jacobs deal canned... on 14:33 - Aug 9 with 2299 viewsnoggin

That's crackers.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Jacobs deal canned... on 14:35 - Aug 9 with 2276 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Jacobs deal canned... on 14:22 - Aug 9 by itfcsuth

Whilst I understand what you say, this is football, and football is a ruthless business. Players are equally as ruthless with clubs, so Ashton will be acting in the sole interest of what is best for Ipswich Town.

I didn't say it was the wrong thing to do, I just said I felt for the guy.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Jacobs deal canned... on 14:35 - Aug 9 with 2269 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Jacobs deal canned... on 14:26 - Aug 9 by JDB23

As others have said, plenty of times players have been through the door here and ended up going somewhere else last minute. It's not like Portsmouth don't want to keep him, I'm sure he'll feature heavily for them this year injuries aside.

My point was that I was relieved that he didnt join...

Jacobs deal canned... on 14:38 - Aug 9 with 2227 viewsfranz_tyson

Must have felt like a kick in the jacobs for him.
Login to get fewer ads

Jacobs deal canned... on 14:44 - Aug 9 with 2154 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Jacobs deal canned... on 14:47 - Aug 9 with 2123 viewsBloomBlue

I'm glad we're getting ruthless, ok i'm sure it will upset his family etc but it's better we lose our family friendly imagine.
Jacobs deal canned... on 14:48 - Aug 9 with 2102 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Jacobs deal canned... on 14:47 - Aug 9 by BloomBlue

I'm glad we're getting ruthless, ok i'm sure it will upset his family etc but it's better we lose our family friendly imagine.

...my point was that I'm relieved we didnt go through with the signing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jacobs deal canned... on 14:53 - Aug 9 with 2048 viewsITFCBlues

Jacobs deal canned... on 14:48 - Aug 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

...my point was that I'm relieved we didnt go through with the signing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jacobs very good player at this level. Not seen much of Edwards although appears to be highly rated as well.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Jacobs deal canned... on 14:56 - Aug 9 with 2004 viewsBloomBlue

Jacobs deal canned... on 14:48 - Aug 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

I understand your point I always thought is age was wrong for the club now and i do feel a bit sorry for him as I'm sure he sat down with his family and asked if they wanted to move to Ipswich etc and then we pull out of the deal last minute, but we need to be ruthless
Jacobs deal canned... on 14:59 - Aug 9 with 1963 viewsBeckets

Jacobs deal canned... on 14:56 - Aug 9 by BloomBlue

I understand your point I always thought is age was wrong for the club now and i do feel a bit sorry for him as I'm sure he sat down with his family and asked if they wanted to move to Ipswich etc and then we pull out of the deal last minute, but we need to be ruthless

The playing of the Edwards, Jacobs and Morrell triangle has got Ashton written all over it. We’ve swerved an injury prone 29 year old to get players with resale value. Ashton is our key signing of the summer IMO.
Jacobs deal canned... on 15:04 - Aug 9 with 1905 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I wonder whether we had this as an insurance for if we didn't get the player(s) we wanted or whether Portsmouth pushed for too much from the deal. Either way, it is a good message to clubs that although we have backing we won't pay over the odds for a player and are quite willing to move on to another target.

Mike O'Leary summed it up with something like we mustn't become emotionally invested. A player has a value and we must stick to it.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Jacobs deal canned... on 15:35 - Aug 9 with 1700 viewsKropotkin123

Edwards is probably the signing I know least about prior to joining. Is he any good? What sort of player is he?

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Jacobs deal canned... on 15:38 - Aug 9 with 1678 viewsDennyx4

Jacobs deal canned... on 14:23 - Aug 9 by franz_tyson

Would we have preferred Jacobs to Aluko? But we’d already signed Aluko when Edwards became available?
Jacobs would have been a good fit, withstanding injury concerns.

I dont think there is much difference between Jacobs and Aluko, but Aluko was free.

The saving of a few hundred thousand, possibly allows us to hijack the Morrell deal.
Jacobs deal canned... on 15:41 - Aug 9 with 1646 viewsHipsterectomy

Would be really have been on that much? Don’t see why we couldn’t have kept him as a great back up option.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Jacobs deal canned... on 17:31 - Aug 9 with 1314 viewsGrumps

Jacobs deal canned... on 15:41 - Aug 9 by Hipsterectomy

Would be really have been on that much? Don’t see why we couldn’t have kept him as a great back up option.

Getting greedy now. I don't think we're in a position yet to pay good money on fees and salaries for back up players, or so other teams can't play them against us.
Jacobs deal canned... on 17:34 - Aug 9 with 1272 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Jacobs deal canned... on 15:35 - Aug 9 by Kropotkin123

Edwards is probably the signing I know least about prior to joining. Is he any good? What sort of player is he?

I think Evans and Burns are the only two I did know anything about.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Jacobs deal canned... on 17:46 - Aug 9 with 1169 viewsHipsterectomy

Jacobs deal canned... on 17:31 - Aug 9 by Grumps

Getting greedy now. I don't think we're in a position yet to pay good money on fees and salaries for back up players, or so other teams can't play them against us.

My thinking wasn’t so much for us, rather we may have messed a guy around who may have a family

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Jacobs deal canned... on 17:47 - Aug 9 with 1161 viewsLeaky

I wonder whether Downs going to Swansea has changed the amount we can spend on incoming players.
Jacobs deal canned... on 09:12 - Aug 10 with 816 viewsGrumps

Jacobs deal canned... on 17:46 - Aug 9 by Hipsterectomy

My thinking wasn’t so much for us, rather we may have messed a guy around who may have a family

Ok. ÃŽn that case I apologise for my misunderstanding. I too am disappointed in how Michael Jacobs has been treated. I don't think this situation, as it has been reported, reflects well on the club.
Jacobs deal canned... on 09:29 - Aug 10 with 736 viewsChurchman

Jacobs deal canned... on 09:12 - Aug 10 by Grumps

Ok. ÃŽn that case I apologise for my misunderstanding. I too am disappointed in how Michael Jacobs has been treated. I don't think this situation, as it has been reported, reflects well on the club.

‘As it has been reported’ is the key phrase. It doesn’t reflect well on the club because Portsmouth, their manager, their journalists and supporters have commented. Apart from their supporters and journalists, Ipswich Town have not.

Accusation: Ipswich have done the dirty on Jacobs and that is now the truth. It doesn’t matter what the facts are. They are irrelevant. The story has been written. I had hoped Ashton would put his side of it, but there is actually no point now.
Jacobs deal canned... on 09:40 - Aug 10 with 690 viewsbluejacko

Jacobs deal canned... on 09:12 - Aug 10 by Grumps

On the contrary I think it reflects well on us that we can react to a situation that benefits the club!
We are now being run by people who actually know what they are doing!
As for Jacobs and his family it’s not like they are homeless and he is still earning £Nk a week although not with us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024