Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If not Cook, then who? 10:44 - Aug 29 with 5491 viewsKeno

not saying he should go yet, but his time here has hardly been inspiring has it

So a serious question, if not Cook who else??

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

If not Cook, then who? on 12:36 - Aug 29 with 1621 viewschicoazul

I don’t think many options are completely off the table with the backers we have so if they could be persuaded I’d speak to Eddie Howe Chris Wilder and Mark Hughes.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

If not Cook, then who? on 12:37 - Aug 29 with 1616 viewsWD19

If not Cook, then who? on 12:34 - Aug 29 by OriginalMarkyP

Liam Manning and his staff.

Ipswich connection. Well rated in coaching circles. Young. More experienced than he gets credit for. Progressive. Had MK playing us off the park at times and had only been there for a few games.

MK Dons have been playing that way for years James.
If not Cook, then who? on 13:00 - Aug 29 with 1564 viewsOriginalMarkyP

If not Cook, then who? on 12:37 - Aug 29 by WD19

MK Dons have been playing that way for years James.

Yes Rodney.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

If not Cook, then who? on 14:41 - Aug 29 with 1482 viewsMoriarty

If not Cook, then who? on 11:52 - Aug 29 by Keno

You know what this is who I'd like with McGreal as his assistanrt

Or Venus.

fka omuircheartaigh

If not Cook, then who? on 14:46 - Aug 29 with 1466 viewsTheSelkirk

If not Cook, then who? on 11:33 - Aug 29 by Keno

It does feel like we are the 'team of the damned' doesnt it.

Maybe we need the ground exorcised or burn a sacrificial virgin on the half way line .... where's Sitters

[Post edited 29 Aug 2021 14:52]
If not Cook, then who? on 14:57 - Aug 29 with 1434 views_sanctimoanious_

If not Cook, then who? on 11:42 - Aug 29 by itfcjoe

Buy out Appleton’s clause from Lincoln

Appleton's managerial record apart from Lincoln is horrendous. What makes you think he would succeed at our graveyard?
[Post edited 29 Aug 2021 14:58]
If not Cook, then who? on 15:10 - Aug 29 with 1403 viewsclive_baker

Derek Adams

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

If not Cook, then who? on 15:34 - Aug 29 with 1377 viewssolomon

[Redacted] on 12:01 - Aug 29 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

I agree, if it was even remotely possible. Alas it isn’t, we are not what we once were.
Login to get fewer ads

If not Cook, then who? on 15:37 - Aug 29 with 1373 viewssidmouthblue

If not Cook, then who? on 15:34 - Aug 29 by solomon

I agree, if it was even remotely possible. Alas it isn’t, we are not what we once were.

Ah the glory days of mick McCarthy
If not Cook, then who? on 16:38 - Aug 29 with 1321 viewswkj

I will die on this hill, but my opinion is unchanged - if contingency plans are being drawn up in case Cook flaps it in September, the first name I would have on my list is Artell from Crewe.

Other possibilities - Jimmy Flloyd Hasslebank (Burton), John Coleman (Stanley) and POSSIBLY Mark Bonner (Cambridge) Michael Flynn (Newport County). The reason I mention these is that each of them has improved their team since taking over and doesn't play terrible footie.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

If not Cook, then who? on 16:41 - Aug 29 with 1316 viewswkj

If not Cook, then who? on 11:27 - Aug 29 by chrismakin

No disrespect to keno this, but notice the lack of downarrows and targetted replies compared to Bryanplug who asked the exact same last week.

Because Keno is much more respected and hasn't shown himself to gob off at people in the past, unlike the aforementioned.

Crybaby

If not Cook, then who? on 16:45 - Aug 29 with 1304 viewschrismakin

If not Cook, then who? on 16:41 - Aug 29 by wkj

Because Keno is much more respected and hasn't shown himself to gob off at people in the past, unlike the aforementioned.

Interesting view.

Is that acceptance that there is a board clique who circle on posters rather than look to discuss the posts itself.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

If not Cook, then who? on 16:47 - Aug 29 with 1305 viewswkj

If not Cook, then who? on 16:45 - Aug 29 by chrismakin

Interesting view.

Is that acceptance that there is a board clique who circle on posters rather than look to discuss the posts itself.

If that is true, then the same can be said of you and pluggers. Nope, there are just a fair few people that have a different opinion than yourself - simple as that. Plus you're not immune from dishing out the bullying yourself - as I called you on last week for targeting my posts.

Crybaby

If not Cook, then who? on 16:51 - Aug 29 with 1282 viewschrismakin

If not Cook, then who? on 16:47 - Aug 29 by wkj

If that is true, then the same can be said of you and pluggers. Nope, there are just a fair few people that have a different opinion than yourself - simple as that. Plus you're not immune from dishing out the bullying yourself - as I called you on last week for targeting my posts.

lol, show me examples and i'll happily apologise :) in regards to you, you were posting a fair bit and I replied to them same as others. you asked me politely not to repond, I obliged.

Having a different opinion isnt the question here

Plugs question was absolutely fine, and was exactly the same as Keno has asked. the responses... very different.... That's not a different opinion. Its just a shame he felt he had to leave when all people had to do was give the same replies as they've given Keno.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

If not Cook, then who? on 16:54 - Aug 29 with 1278 viewswkj

If not Cook, then who? on 16:51 - Aug 29 by chrismakin

lol, show me examples and i'll happily apologise :) in regards to you, you were posting a fair bit and I replied to them same as others. you asked me politely not to repond, I obliged.

Plugs question was absolutely fine, and was exactly the same as Keno has asked. the responses... very different.... That's not a different opinion. Its just a shame he felt he had to leave when all people had to do was give the same replies as they've given Keno.

Plug often got fairly three-sheets to the wind on here and was on the windup much of the time. I was not posting a fair bit - I was replying to other people (not yourself) - basically using the forum as intended.

But the undeniable truth is - Keno is respected, Plug is not (by a fair proportion of TWTD users)

Crybaby

[Redacted] on 17:12 - Aug 29 with 1249 viewsvictorywilhappen

If not Cook, then who? on 16:51 - Aug 29 by chrismakin

[Redacted]
If not Cook, then who? on 17:14 - Aug 29 with 1250 viewsitfcjoe

If not Cook, then who? on 14:57 - Aug 29 by _sanctimoanious_

Appleton's managerial record apart from Lincoln is horrendous. What makes you think he would succeed at our graveyard?
[Post edited 29 Aug 2021 14:58]

Did an excellent job at Oxford under O’Leary, worked with Ashton at WBA - he’d be their man if Cook goes
[Post edited 29 Aug 2021 17:14]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If not Cook, then who? on 17:17 - Aug 29 with 1224 viewsronnyd

If not Cook, then who? on 16:45 - Aug 29 by chrismakin

Interesting view.

In one way i understand where you're coming from. I think that you sometimes don't do yourself any favours by diving in before establishing the facts on the topic you're posting on. The recent one about about JFH is an example. This isn't really a criticism by the way, more an observation.
If not Cook, then who? on 17:18 - Aug 29 with 1210 viewschrismakin

If not Cook, then who? on 17:17 - Aug 29 by ronnyd

In one way i understand where you're coming from. I think that you sometimes don't do yourself any favours by diving in before establishing the facts on the topic you're posting on. The recent one about about JFH is an example. This isn't really a criticism by the way, more an observation.

Oh don't worry im passed that all stuff now, people know my posting style, if they haven;t got me on ignore then that's upto them :)

I was more pointing to poor plug.

If not Cook, then who? on 17:30 - Aug 29 with 1166 viewsOldboy

If not Cook, then who? on 17:18 - Aug 29 by chrismakin

Oh don't worry im passed that all stuff now, people know my posting style, if they haven;t got me on ignore then that's upto them :)

I was more pointing to poor plug.

Shame you haven't realised yet. I live in hope.
If not Cook, then who? on 17:31 - Aug 29 with 1168 viewsgordon

It'd be Michael Appleton, so not really worth speculating beyond that.
If not Cook, then who? on 17:33 - Aug 29 with 1164 viewsmidastouch

Give George Burley a call. And I certainly wouldn't mind Terry Butcher and Kieron Dyer working alongside him either.

I would like to see Kieron given a chance as a future manager for Ipswich at some stage, hopefully in the not too distant future. I think he's worth a shot. I enjoy his interviews and I think he would command respect in the dressing room. He's played under Sir Bobby and George Burley so I imagine he's picked up some good managerial and coaching ideas along the way. Moreover, he clearly likes a challenge given his recent flirtations with the Celebrity SAS Channel 4 documentary series, where I heard he sustained a collapsed lung!

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

If not Cook, then who? on 17:34 - Aug 29 with 1153 viewsChurchman

Mowbray and Venus. Not very inspiring, but somebody who knows what the club should look like would be nice.

I said pre-Cook Kieron Dyer. The only problem I have with that is that in his interview he talked about not being keen on doing the unpleasant bits and I wonder if he’s more of a coach than a manager? If it was him, he’d need a good assistant.

Pearson? Did a great job at Leicester, but there is something about him I don’t like. Would not be the worst choice. JFH? Always comes across well and I thought got a raw deal at QPR.

A ‘name’ like Lampard would be a total disaster.

Shefki. Got to be him! With that celebratory dive, he’s the man!

On a serious note, let’s hope Cook can get a grip and sort it out. He was the man with the best credentials in March that’s not changed and I’m surprised he’s made such a pigs ear of it his time here. I desperately want him to succeed.
If not Cook, then who? on 17:43 - Aug 29 with 1125 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Joe Sheehan.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If not Cook, then who? on 17:54 - Aug 29 with 1096 viewsmidastouch

If not Cook, then who? on 16:41 - Aug 29 by wkj

I respect Keno and Plug. Plug sent me a few PMs in the past and seemed a decent bloke (just like several of the others that have departed from here in recent weeks). Not sure what BP's etiquette was like on the board overall though as I don't follow every thread closely. I think B.Plug had been a board member for a good number of years. Probably longer than me. Any idea why he left? I did see the thread where he asked a similar question to Keno (in this one) although I didn't follow it that closely. I saw just enough to see he was getting plenty of pelters so perhaps he subsequently decided that the board wasn't for him any longer. Although I'm only speculating. When you don't feel welcome it's probably a lot easier to turn your back than if you do feel welcome.

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024