Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm excited about Celina now 07:53 - Aug 31 with 2701 viewsBluefish

He isn't the player we need based on the season so far, we have far bigger issues to sort and he isn't a guaranteed success but he is an exciting gamble so might as well get excited

Chucking a maverick into a team that hasn't gelled and isn't well drilled is also potentially a disaster but we shall see. Perhaps he can play his own way and cover some cracks in the short term.

I'm guessing we will have another couple in the door today as well

Crooks would have been better though
[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 7:57]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I'm excited about Celina now on 07:58 - Aug 31 with 2199 viewshavinit69

The fact this is being announced at 8am surely suggests we can expect a busy deadline day! Excited!!
I'm excited about Celina now on 08:04 - Aug 31 with 2129 viewsElephantintheRoom

He isn't the player 'we' need based on his entire stay in France... unless supporters want no goals and relegation

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

I'm excited about Celina now on 08:08 - Aug 31 with 2055 viewsAsa

I'm excited about Celina now on 08:04 - Aug 31 by ElephantintheRoom

He isn't the player 'we' need based on his entire stay in France... unless supporters want no goals and relegation

You’re right. Not a single Norwich player would improve our team if they go down this season then. Likewise nobody from West Brom or Fulham last year would be wanted here.

Unless of course you remember that we are actually in the third division and signing players that have been playing regularly at the top end of the Championship, or in the top divisions of the big five, would improve us because we are, again, in the third division!

On what basis would we be able to secure the signing of a player who was lighting up Ligue 1 last season? We’re doing some ridiculous business to secure players top Championship clubs wouldn’t mind adding to their squad. I wonder how absurd our signings would need to be before the negativity stops.

Presumably it would have to be Ronaldo or Messi on a free who’d waived their wages but even then they’d likely be over the hill with no League One experience.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 8:09]
I'm excited about Celina now on 08:09 - Aug 31 with 2052 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook by Bluefish 30 Aug 2021 12:37
Not sure what basis you have him as top drawer. I haven't watched him over the last couple of seasons but based on what we saw here I saw a selfish show pony that put himself before the team. Not sure that is what our side needs right now. At very best he would be patchy which flashes of class or potential, definitely wouldn't be top drawer

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I'm excited about Celina now on 08:11 - Aug 31 with 2013 viewsSimonds92

Brilliant piece of business, if it doesnt work out he's only on loan, if it does we're then in pole position to bring in a good championship level player next season.
When he is fit again, a forward line of Burns Celina and Edwards with Bonne / Norwood up front and a decent commanding goalkeeper we should take this division apart (on paper that is, we're all aware of the current reality so won't get too caught up).
I'm excited about Celina now on 08:14 - Aug 31 with 1959 viewschicoazul

Woooffff! Blubbers is starting to dream too, Ashton will be happy!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I'm excited about Celina now on 08:15 - Aug 31 with 1949 viewsBluefish

I'm excited about Celina now on 08:09 - Aug 31 by The_Romford_Blue

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook by Bluefish 30 Aug 2021 12:37
Not sure what basis you have him as top drawer. I haven't watched him over the last couple of seasons but based on what we saw here I saw a selfish show pony that put himself before the team. Not sure that is what our side needs right now. At very best he would be patchy which flashes of class or potential, definitely wouldn't be top drawer

Hi stalks

Not sure of your point

Lot of love ❤

I'm excited about Celina now on 08:15 - Aug 31 with 1955 viewsDanTheMan

I'm excited about Celina now on 08:04 - Aug 31 by ElephantintheRoom

You keep banging this drum about him not scoring goals, and conveniently leave out that this was in a team in Ligue One.

Now I don't know about you but I feel like the division that has Messi in it might be a bit stronger than ours.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Login to get fewer ads

I'm excited about Celina now on 08:16 - Aug 31 with 1909 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I'm excited about Celina now on 08:09 - Aug 31 by The_Romford_Blue

What a difference a day makes, eh?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

I'm excited about Celina now on 08:18 - Aug 31 with 1886 viewsBluefish

I'm excited about Celina now on 08:15 - Aug 31 by DanTheMan

You keep banging this drum about him not scoring goals, and conveniently leave out that this was in a team in Ligue One.

Now I don't know about you but I feel like the division that has Messi in it might be a bit stronger than ours.

Messi wasn't in it when he played. You could also say players at the bottom of the spl are good because of the Rangers and Celtic players, it doesn't mean a lot.

We also have no idea what celina is like these days and we are overhyped him on some cameo sub appearances here where he had free reign. He struggle in 90 minute disciplined games

I'm excited about Celina now on 08:19 - Aug 31 with 1860 viewsBluefish

I'm excited about Celina now on 08:16 - Aug 31 by The_Flashing_Smile

What a difference a day makes, eh?

Not that much but I don't expect you to comprehend that

I'm excited about Celina now on 08:22 - Aug 31 with 1825 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I'm excited about Celina now on 08:19 - Aug 31 by Bluefish

#coveringallbases

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I'm excited about Celina now on 08:26 - Aug 31 with 1779 viewsFixed_It

I'm excited about Celina now on 08:22 - Aug 31 by BanksterDebtSlave

#coveringallbases

I'm waiting for the bit where he tells us that he's a better footballer than Celina.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 8:27]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

I'm excited about Celina now on 08:27 - Aug 31 with 1756 viewsportmanking

I'm excited about Celina now on 08:22 - Aug 31 by BanksterDebtSlave

#coveringallbases

Quite.

I don't know why people give him the time of day on here. It's all just white noise.
I'm excited about Celina now on 08:27 - Aug 31 with 1752 viewsLightworker

I'm excited about Celina now on 08:15 - Aug 31 by DanTheMan

And also ignores the fact he has scored goals almost everywhere else he has been, including in the Championship with two different clubs.

Very strange, it's almost like he is trying to find any angle possible to make a negative post.
I'm excited about Celina now on 08:27 - Aug 31 with 1751 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I'm excited about Celina now on 08:19 - Aug 31 by Bluefish

We can all read you daft sod. You were slating him yesterday, now you're all excited he's coming.

Probably hedging your bets so you can win at the iNteRwEbZ.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

I'm excited about Celina now on 08:30 - Aug 31 with 1710 viewsitfcjoe

None of the other issues we have a re personnel ones for me, and should be solvable with good coaching and organisation.

You can always add more, but if we don't the squad is still ridiculous. Morsy would be great, of course, but we've enough in CM and it is up to management team to get more out of them

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I'm excited about Celina now on 08:35 - Aug 31 with 1628 views_sanctimoanious_

Embarrassing
I'm excited about Celina now on 08:35 - Aug 31 with 1627 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I'm excited about Celina now on 07:58 - Aug 31 by havinit69

The fact this is being announced at 8am surely suggests we can expect a busy deadline day! Excited!!

I doubt it. Working within a squad list of 22, we've only room for one more before he starts having to leave out either players signed a month ago, or the 4 from last years squad that he 'liked'.

As it stands, 1 more and there's no place for Jackson, 2 and its Jackson and Nolan, who he's already said he'd like to see play.

Think it could be 1 more.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

I'm excited about Celina now on 08:37 - Aug 31 with 1604 viewstextbackup

I was hoping for a Guirane N'Daw type if I’m honest.... but this will do I suppose

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I'm excited about Celina now on 08:37 - Aug 31 with 1598 viewsitfcjoe

I'm excited about Celina now on 08:18 - Aug 31 by Bluefish

Messi wasn't in it when he played. You could also say players at the bottom of the spl are good because of the Rangers and Celtic players, it doesn't mean a lot.

We also have no idea what celina is like these days and we are overhyped him on some cameo sub appearances here where he had free reign. He struggle in 90 minute disciplined games

I think worth looking back at his season here under Mick.

Was on bench and didn't play first 4 games as signed late in pre season.

Came on as sub in 7 of next 9 games

STarted 14 of next 16, only ones he didn't where when we had 2 games in 3 days

Then season just drifted to nothing and he seemed to start every other game until Mick left.

DOn't think it's fair to say Mick didn't trust him, he just slowly worked him into the team when fans wanted it quicker - the Burton away goal was the last of his 7 sub appearances in 9 game runs and saw him start week in week out from then on

I'm excited about Celina now on 08:38 - Aug 31 with 1577 viewsNorfolkBlue1

I'm excited about Celina now on 08:30 - Aug 31 by itfcjoe

None of the other issues we have a re personnel ones for me, and should be solvable with good coaching and organisation.

You can always add more, but if we don't the squad is still ridiculous. Morsy would be great, of course, but we've enough in CM and it is up to management team to get more out of them

Do you not think we need a more defensive minded CM? Especially against teams that hold possession well and break the lines. Twine had a field day against us as no one picked him up all game, it was glaringly obvious
I'm excited about Celina now on 08:41 - Aug 31 with 1518 viewsBluefish

I'm excited about Celina now on 08:27 - Aug 31 by The_Flashing_Smile

We can all read you daft sod. You were slating him yesterday, now you're all excited he's coming.

Probably hedging your bets so you can win at the iNteRwEbZ.

Yesterday I said he is a gamble and the other signings are odd if he was a target. I also said he is not guaranteed to be the best player based on some free role cameos many years ago. I have been pretty consistent really if people can read

I'm excited about Celina now on 08:54 - Aug 31 with 1395 viewsDanTheMan

I'm excited about Celina now on 08:18 - Aug 31 by Bluefish

Well yes obviously but my point being that the players in Ligue 1 are going to be of much better quality than the ones in League One, so him not scoring goals there and being in a relegated team has very little relevance.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

I'm excited about Celina now on 09:16 - Aug 31 with 1256 viewsitfcjoe

I'm excited about Celina now on 08:38 - Aug 31 by NorfolkBlue1

Do you not think we need a more defensive minded CM? Especially against teams that hold possession well and break the lines. Twine had a field day against us as no one picked him up all game, it was glaringly obvious

I'd personally have looked to have got a more defensive minded player in there - but if the manager is going to sign 3 similar players then he can't expect to get someone else in for me - and needs to work with what he has

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024