Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
do any of you think cook should go right now? 15:46 - Sep 13 with 10763 viewspositivity

and if so, why?

(i think it's too early to make a call)

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 14:31 - Sep 14 with 1614 viewsWilbrahamBlue

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 19:43 - Sep 13 by BlueBadger

He should have up until the point Keane and Hurst should have gotten the sack.

So, end of September, basically.

That makes no sense as a comparison as Keane and Hurst had totally different amount of games?
do any of you think cook should go right now? on 14:32 - Sep 14 with 1611 viewsjayessess

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 13:41 - Sep 14 by WilbrahamBlue

If you have judged that after 6 games of a season then you would only be happy supporting Chelsea or City i'm afraid..

i will respectfully ignore any response that chucks in the end of last season with a squad that all had contracts terminating and hadn't delivered for 3 seasons already and was widely recognised as the worst performing team for 50 years.

You must realistically expect us to climb the table ? or do you expect a relegation battle? stick your neck out....
[Post edited 14 Sep 2021 13:44]

I can only judge what I've seen so far and none of it has been good. Never mind Chelsea or Man City, at the moment I'd be happy enough with Sunderland or Wigan, hell, even Plymouth would do nicely! Again, I'm not sure why it's unreasonable to expect our manager to able to do things that other League One managers can do with fewer resources.

I don't know what the season holds. If we're being realistic it's very difficult to get relegated from League 1 with our resources. I don't think it's ever happened to an Ipswich-sized team that wasn't in financial meltdown.

Equally, contra the received wisdom, it isn't very common for managers to start this badly and then come good, nor is it very common for teams to start this badly and then end up at the top of the table come May.

Because of our outsized resources I'd say our season from here is a bit of a wildcard. We could easily continue this terrible run, we could start winning on Saturday and never stop, we could tighten up slightly and become mediocre rather than disastrous, we could stink for another 2 league games then Morsy transforms everything. It's all possible. I think the 3rd scenario, where we get slightly better but not much is probably the likeliest, which would probably be enough to sustain Cook until Christmas.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 14:36 - Sep 14 with 1597 viewsskinnybob72

Not yet but consider that there was no 'new manager bounce' last season and has been no 'new squad bounce' this season and you have to ask what it will take to improve.

Cook has had something like 4 wins in 24 games, and Town had a fairly easy run in last season and it could be argued a fairly easy start this season (played 3 of the 4 promoted clubs).

If you double that form you are looking at just 8 wins in a full league season - that's relegation form without a doubt.
do any of you think cook should go right now? on 14:39 - Sep 14 with 1591 viewsWilbrahamBlue

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 14:32 - Sep 14 by jayessess

I can only judge what I've seen so far and none of it has been good. Never mind Chelsea or Man City, at the moment I'd be happy enough with Sunderland or Wigan, hell, even Plymouth would do nicely! Again, I'm not sure why it's unreasonable to expect our manager to able to do things that other League One managers can do with fewer resources.

I don't know what the season holds. If we're being realistic it's very difficult to get relegated from League 1 with our resources. I don't think it's ever happened to an Ipswich-sized team that wasn't in financial meltdown.

Equally, contra the received wisdom, it isn't very common for managers to start this badly and then come good, nor is it very common for teams to start this badly and then end up at the top of the table come May.

Because of our outsized resources I'd say our season from here is a bit of a wildcard. We could easily continue this terrible run, we could start winning on Saturday and never stop, we could tighten up slightly and become mediocre rather than disastrous, we could stink for another 2 league games then Morsy transforms everything. It's all possible. I think the 3rd scenario, where we get slightly better but not much is probably the likeliest, which would probably be enough to sustain Cook until Christmas.

Pretty fair and agreeable points. I expect results to pick up, defence to inevitably get better and we continue to improve in terms of chances created. I think the medium-term debate when(!) he is still here is still over this formation. I think he has been surprised at how switched on the opposition have been to our formation and the real problem lies in the continual evolution of football at pace, and one formation that worked superbly can soon start to look vulnerable 18 months/2 years later.

I think we will have the odd horror result under Paul cook, but I do think we will look back at end of this season feeling good about the following season.
do any of you think cook should go right now? on 14:51 - Sep 14 with 1567 viewsjayessess

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 14:39 - Sep 14 by WilbrahamBlue

Pretty fair and agreeable points. I expect results to pick up, defence to inevitably get better and we continue to improve in terms of chances created. I think the medium-term debate when(!) he is still here is still over this formation. I think he has been surprised at how switched on the opposition have been to our formation and the real problem lies in the continual evolution of football at pace, and one formation that worked superbly can soon start to look vulnerable 18 months/2 years later.

I think we will have the odd horror result under Paul cook, but I do think we will look back at end of this season feeling good about the following season.

I think we'd have to be finishing the season like an absolute train to sustain much good feeling into next season.

[Post edited 14 Sep 2021 14:54]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 23:20 - Sep 14 with 1463 viewsMaySixth

No.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 23:40 - Sep 14 with 1422 viewsmultiplescoregasms

Yes I do, even more so after tonight. Of course it is very early to say we are in a relegation fight, but you have to look at who we have played so far, and honestly say how many points you feel we should have picked up so far. I am pretty sure the figure would be a lot more than what we have now. The next 2 games for Cook are vital, and if there is no spark of improvement in those games, can you seriously see the owners sticking with him? This is not what they have signed up for, and I would be surprised to see him still at the club at the end of October. The excuse of players needing time is wearing thin. These are professional, full time footballers. We aren't talking about 11 blokes from the Dog & Duck who only play on a Sunday and are probably still half cut from the night before.
do any of you think cook should go right now? on 15:46 - Sep 15 with 1288 viewsWoodbridgeblue1980

Last night was the final straw. If Cook is going to complain about the team gelling, then why not play the majority of Saturday's team. Not only does it help cohesion, but positivity by (hopefully) winning the game. The complete opposite now happens when we lose to a bunch of kids.. the whole squad are experiencing no wins all season.

This really isn't hard stuff to comprehend as a manager and he has got it disastrously wrong.

Got a whole new team that he wanted, taken a backwards step from last year after being on the verge of playoffs and 3 wins in a row, to his current record. Let's change it now and get someone in who can motivate a squad.
Login to get fewer ads

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 16:05 - Sep 15 with 1272 viewsMetal_Hacker

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 15:46 - Sep 15 by Woodbridgeblue1980

Last night was the final straw. If Cook is going to complain about the team gelling, then why not play the majority of Saturday's team. Not only does it help cohesion, but positivity by (hopefully) winning the game. The complete opposite now happens when we lose to a bunch of kids.. the whole squad are experiencing no wins all season.

This really isn't hard stuff to comprehend as a manager and he has got it disastrously wrong.

Got a whole new team that he wanted, taken a backwards step from last year after being on the verge of playoffs and 3 wins in a row, to his current record. Let's change it now and get someone in who can motivate a squad.

Motivation isn't the issue here

If only it were that easy

Poll: If it were one or the other

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 16:48 - Sep 15 with 1238 viewslegoman

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 15:47 - Sep 13 by Herbivore

I don't think he should go yet, but if he was to go I wouldn't feel any real sympathy for him. Let's have it right, he's done a terrible job here over the last 6 months. It's still early days this season but if things don't turn soon he will go and he can have no complaints.

Booooooo to your post.

Poll: Sheepshanks 5 years -v- Evans 5 points

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 16:59 - Sep 15 with 1228 viewslegoman

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 16:04 - Sep 13 by Dubtractor

Not yet, no, but he needs an upturn in results and performances in the next few games.

For Christ sake why can't you lot enjoy the very difficult task of rebuilding this club and give them your support like I do, my glass is always half full until the situation is hopeless. We are far from a hopeless situation in fact we are in a very exciting situation that most clubs in our position would love to be experiencing.
Cooky is awesome and is a down to earth guy that this club needs at this time and I really hope he is here for the next decade with many successes under his belt. You lot are not helping because you seem to want and desire failure.
Why do you not want to have fun? Why do you need despair in your lives?
This became a message to all glass half empty fans.

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 18:01 - Sep 15 with 1202 viewsBlueBadger

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 16:59 - Sep 15 by legoman

For Christ sake why can't you lot enjoy the very difficult task of rebuilding this club and give them your support like I do, my glass is always half full until the situation is hopeless. We are far from a hopeless situation in fact we are in a very exciting situation that most clubs in our position would love to be experiencing.
Cooky is awesome and is a down to earth guy that this club needs at this time and I really hope he is here for the next decade with many successes under his belt. You lot are not helping because you seem to want and desire failure.

Difficult to enjoy following a third division side that's only one 4 in 24, mate.

Despite what people told us in 18/19, that kind of form is not fun.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 18:05 - Sep 15 with 1183 viewsWoodbridgeblue1980

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 16:05 - Sep 15 by Metal_Hacker

Motivation isn't the issue here

If only it were that easy

What do you think (multiple?) the issue(s) is / are?

Please god don't say "time to gel" or i'll just ignore everything you say after that.. :)
do any of you think cook should go right now? on 18:21 - Sep 15 with 1159 viewslegoman

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 18:05 - Sep 15 by Woodbridgeblue1980

What do you think (multiple?) the issue(s) is / are?

Please god don't say "time to gel" or i'll just ignore everything you say after that.. :)

Crap fans is our biggest problem imho. While the fans are learning to GEL Cooky will carry on his good work for us FANS AND SUPPORTERS!

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 19:13 - Sep 15 with 1125 viewsHerbivore

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 16:48 - Sep 15 by legoman

Booooooo to your post.

Still think this is our best and most exciting start to a season in 50 years?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 19:33 - Sep 15 with 1099 viewsbrushhand

we've played this system 24 times, had 4 wins and not once has he thought to change it during a game.
at this rate he'll be gone by october.
do any of you think cook should go right now? on 19:34 - Sep 15 with 1096 viewslegoman

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 19:13 - Sep 15 by Herbivore

Still think this is our best and most exciting start to a season in 50 years?

We did not know the success of Sir Bob and Mr Burley was coming but what we know now is that the success of the TEXAN support and the Cooky capability is coming...Join in the fun you sour pusses!

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 19:46 - Sep 15 with 1076 viewsHerbivore

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 19:34 - Sep 15 by legoman

We did not know the success of Sir Bob and Mr Burley was coming but what we know now is that the success of the TEXAN support and the Cooky capability is coming...Join in the fun you sour pusses!

Is that a yes or a no? And are you okay? I'm worried you might have taken a serious blow to the head.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2021 19:47]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 19:47 - Sep 15 with 1073 viewsbrushhand

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 19:34 - Sep 15 by legoman

did you sit through that last night, we lost to a youth team down to ten men.
do any of you think cook should go right now? on 19:51 - Sep 15 with 1049 viewsitfcjoe

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 19:47 - Sep 15 by brushhand

did you sit through that last night, we lost to a youth team down to ten men.

They were down to 10 men for about 30 seconds

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 19:55 - Sep 15 with 1034 viewsbrushhand

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 19:51 - Sep 15 by itfcjoe

They were down to 10 men for about 30 seconds

oh thats ok then,
do any of you think cook should go right now? on 23:58 - Sep 15 with 965 viewsEireannach_gorm

No, I don't.
No, the Morsy interview has doubled down on my support for Cook, this is on 07:27 - Sep 16 with 919 viewsunstableblue

... primarily a player psychology and settling issue

I don’t think they are fully set in what Cook is instructing, it is an application and confidence issue as much as the coaching is Morsys view (time will tell if that’s the case) rather than Cook suddenly becoming a terrible manager without Richardson. But by end of Doncaster we should have had 3 games for this to be resolved, and Morsy will have played. Heading into Sept without a win would be too long to wait for the gelling and mind set change from players though.

Morsy interview is telling

Players need a win to get momentum
[Post edited 16 Sep 2021 7:35]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 07:31 - Sep 16 with 912 viewsblueboyd

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 16:59 - Sep 15 by legoman

Aah, so it was you who clapped us to relegation....
No, the Morsy interview has doubled down on my support for Cook, this is on 07:33 - Sep 16 with 909 viewsblueboyd

No, the Morsy interview has doubled down on my support for Cook, this is on 07:27 - Sep 16 by unstableblue

... primarily a player psychology and settling issue

I don’t think they are fully set in what Cook is instructing, it is an application and confidence issue as much as the coaching is Morsys view (time will tell if that’s the case) rather than Cook suddenly becoming a terrible manager without Richardson. But by end of Doncaster we should have had 3 games for this to be resolved, and Morsy will have played. Heading into Sept without a win would be too long to wait for the gelling and mind set change from players though.

Morsy interview is telling

Players need a win to get momentum
[Post edited 16 Sep 2021 7:35]

Morsy interview is telling in what way? to me it was no different than last season players saying we were still fighting fo promotion when we blatantly were not.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024